np: UU - Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am currently using Heracross vigorously in my OU team to keep it from coming down and keep it from NU status like alot of the other BLs.

94 | Staraptor | 9963 | 1.02 | (Poor old Staraptor)

About Smeargle. I remember using an Imprison,Toxic Spikes,Stealth Rock, and Taunt set that was hella fun.
I'm just using it vigorously because I'd forgotten how good it was. CB Close Combat and Megahorn with Guts is just...lethal.

I'm heavily advocating the CB set since, unlike the CS set, it actually capitalizes on something Hera is primarily good at and doesn't get walled to hell and back. Once people start realizing that Heracross can actually do shit in OU, we'll probably see more of it and I might actually have to run a counter. It's reign as a top threat in OU is almost surely over, but I'm not going to believe for a second it's UU or even BL.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Choice Scarf set would do rather well, I think, if you can predict status not named Thunder Wave and switch him in. It'll be like Scarfed Download Porygon-Z, be like CB and Scarf at once. CB would probably still be better though.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a reminder, today is the deadline for voting paragraphs, so if you haven't submitted yours yet, now is the time!

Stop using Heracross yo. UU is gonna suck if its just a bunch of stall shit. Needs more offensive stuff. Besides, heracross is pretty slow, and has a fair bit of weaknesses so I don't even know how good it would do.

Stop using Heracross yo. UU is gonna suck if its just a bunch of stall shit. Needs more offensive stuff. Besides, heracross is pretty slow, and has a fair bit of weaknesses so I don't even know how good it would do.
lol can you back that up by any bit of proof about heracross? how slow? and what weakness's? and how is stall gonna dominate? sorry it just kinda irritates me when ppl post about UU when they dont know that much about the metagame

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Choice Scarf Heracross would make an excellent cleaner late-game, as Fighting and Bug are pretty good attacking types....and with 120 BP + a possible Guts boost...anyway what do you guys think about Heracross' secondary ability, Swarm? Think a Sub Salac set would be viable in UU?

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Almost no weather around definitely helps, and I remember some people used SubSalac Gallade to some success WAY back then (before the first ban). Also, considering Heracross could get past some of the things that walled Gallade (Slowbro) it could work.

lol can you back that up by any bit of proof about heracross? how slow? and what weakness's? and how is stall gonna dominate? sorry it just kinda irritates me when ppl post about UU when they dont know that much about the metagame
Look at his sig, he obviously thinks Jabba is correct in assuming that stall will dominate when the suspects on banned. I personally think that is a flawed assumption when considering that the suspects limit offense more than stall but hey what do I know?

Also Heracross is slower then a big portion of the metagame (ie Moltres and up) and has no priority to beat the fast and frail mons like Gallade did.

Just in case Heracross does drop down, what's a good Weezing lure? After Weezing is gone, Scarf Cross will rape your opponent.

And I think we shoulf also discuss NU drops and promotes. While it doesn't affect us, I find it fun to try to predict who will drop and who will rise. I'm not sure right now, so what do you guys think?

Any fire type disposes of Weezing rather easily.
Houndoom has good synergy with Heracross. Firing powerful STAB from both sides is fun as hell.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
He said lure, so I believe it's something Weezing is supposed to wall but either kills or weakens it to the point he cannot do anything else on the match. Regarding that, I could see something like Special LO Saur working, as many Weezing nowadays have been assuming Venusaur is always packing the SD set and don't really enjoy as they take a heavy hit to the face(s) from Leaf Strom, which IIRC deals around 60-65%. From there you can proceed to sleep it or try to limit its recovery options, as Pain Split isn't very reliable and somewhat easy to work around.

He said lure, so I believe it's something Weezing is supposed to wall but either kills or weakens it to the point he cannot do anything else on the match. Regarding that, I could see something like Special LO Saur working, as many Weezing nowadays have been assuming Venusaur is always packing the SD set and don't really enjoy as they take a heavy hit to the face(s) from Leaf Strom, which IIRC deals around 60-65%. From there you can proceed to sleep it or try to limit its recovery options, as Pain Split isn't very reliable and somewhat easy to work around.
It it's that, Heracross is enough.
Unless you're Choiced. Scarfcross case.

Aggron is a good lure , capable of dealing a 2HKO on Weezing (or at least crippling Weezing enough for Scarf Hera to deal with it).

Same with Absol: SD and Psycho Cut Weezing to death.

Mostly physical users that can get past Weezing.

Or you could just beat Weezing with Heracross and not use a lure.
How? I don't think there's any Psychic-typed moves Heracross learns, and without those, it'll be hard pressed to OHKO (2HKO might be possible with the switch) Weezing before being Flamethrower'd down.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How? I don't think there's any Psychic-typed moves Heracross learns, and without those, it'll be hard pressed to OHKO (2HKO might be possible with the switch) Weezing before being Flamethrower'd down.
Swords Dance on the switch, then use Facade. Bye Bye Weezing.

If Bye-Bye you mean...

Weezing switched out..
Mismag switched in...
Facade misses...
Hera is hurt by burn!

I can make perfect moves for the right pokemon to!

If Bye-Bye you mean...

Weezing switched out..
Mismag switched in...
Facade misses...
Hera is hurt by burn!

I can make perfect moves for the right pokemon to!
I have roughly 4 problems with this post:

1. It doesn't disprove my point of Heracross beating Weezing.
2. It doesn't prove that Heracross loses to Mismagius.
3. It could have at least proved #2 with a different example.
4. It implies that I was making an unrealistic situation with Heracross using Facade.

So lets look at your example.

Heracross uses SD. Weezing switches in.
Weezing switches out as it realizes Heracross has Facade. Heracross uses Facade.
Mismagius uses Shadow Ball and does 39.1% - 46%. Heracross uses Megahorn and does 137.4% - 161.5%.

You still lose.

I think what he was getting at was Mismagius subbing down until heracross loses enough HP from burn for shadow ball to KO...

but then that is still fail, because no one would just leave their heracross in and let it slowly die...they would go immediately to their mismagius counter

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
People, weezing is not even close to a hera counter. as mentioned earlier 2+ Facade OHKO's Weezing with Stealth Rocks. Weezing can't even OHKO with Fire blast and Will-o-wisp is useless on Heracross.

I was assuming the Scarf set, which has serious issues with Weezing. As shown, the SD Flame Orb set can beat Weezing.

If Weezing doesn't check Heracross, nothing will. Heracross's Speed allows it to be revenge killed fairly easily though.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Revenge killed by what? Heracross has a grand total of 3 weaknesses, and the only common pokemon in a position to exploit them are: Arcanine, Houndoom, Alakazam (note I said common, I don't want to hear "but rapidash/chatot/whatever"). If you don't hit hera's weaknesses, you're not killing it, because it's bulky enough that it's not just going to roll over and die to non-SE hits. And of course you'd better hope to god when you switch in that it's not a CB/Scarf Cross or your counter stands a good chance of dying horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)