New UU List (October 2009)

Aww, no more Roserade? That really sucks, most of my teams were based around her. Oh well..

Glalie worked insanely well as a Spiker (and a general wall) under Hail when I used him back in '07.. Too bad Abomasnow isn't allowed in UU, would have been nice to see Glalie usage rise. :(

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sad to see the departing of Roserade. Although welcome Alakazam. With the right support, I'm pretty sure it can do good because it has Focus Blast. Rhyperior will not perform well imo.

Rhyperior will appreciate the numerous, and effective Dual Screeners in UU.. but he is still washed away by the likes of Milotic's Hydro Pump. Subperior is likely to be my favorite.. probably with three attacks, but with paralysis support, Sword Dance maims just about anything. Easier said than done.

Alakazam has a few sure fired Counters to the most dangerous set, Calm Mind. If he opts for Substitute+Calm Mind, he has to make a difficult decision on Focus Blast vs. Signal Beam.. ie, Registeel vs Uxie/Spiritomb. I suppose he could run HP Ground which will wreck Registeel, and hurt Spiritomb too as well.

He'll be revenge killed a lot by Dark types holding Choice Scarf, or threatening with the Pursuit/Sucker Punch combonation.

It should be fun.

Oh baby, for those who reckon p2 will suck in nu...it wont. There are many users of waterabsorb and flashfire aswells as random abilities like static, intimidate and magnetrise. However download is so much better as with specs (and without the download boost) p2 is already able to hit a sp att stat of 508. Add trick to the mixture and you have something extremely deadly!

EDIT: Wouldnt alakazam use signalbeam> focusblast? Far better coverage with being able to hit both darks and psychics while you only lose out to registeel.

SpecsZam will be insane, provided you scout out their Dark-type first. Normally, it would be smart to just go all out with Focus Blast first time out, but Spiritomb will own you then.

Wow, this is going to change the UU metagame completely. Alakazam and Rhyperior will rule the UU tier from this moment on I think. Never thought it would ever happen
They will not rule the UU metagame,
Priority moves to alakasm, and Azumaril to Rhyperior

Oh baby, for those who reckon p2 will suck in nu...it wont. There are many users of waterabsorb and flashfire aswells as random abilities like static, intimidate and magnetrise. However download is so much better as with specs (and without the download boost) p2 is already able to hit a sp att stat of 508. Add trick to the mixture and you have something extremely deadly!

EDIT: Wouldnt alakazam use signalbeam> focusblast? Far better coverage with being able to hit both darks and psychics while you only lose out to registeel.
Being the #1 most used pokemon, it isn't surprising why people would opt for Focus Blast > Signal Beam.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One notable thing is that with Rock Blast and Skill Link, Cloyster now has way more utility as a full stop Azumarill counter (as long as that Azumarill doesn't nail you with CB Superpower on the switch), as Rock Blast with 180 EVs will 100% of the time break a 101 HP Substitute and proceed to knock Azumarill out of its Focus Punch.

Also, Alakazam would use both Signal Beam and Focus Blast IMO, as it's not like it's really getting much outside of those three moves.

Alakazam still falls with his paper defenses to Pursuit and priority.

Rhyperior will enjoy being in UU though, I reckon.

-Terywj

Rhyperior will appreciate the numerous, and effective Dual Screeners in UU.. but he is still washed away by the likes of Milotic's Hydro Pump. Subperior is likely to be my favorite.. probably with three attacks, but with paralysis support, Sword Dance maims just about anything. Easier said than done.
The only problem with paralysis support is that its #1 counter still beats it. If Milotic isn't paralyzed, it outspeeds Rhyperior. If it is, then it has the boosted defenses to take a hit thanks to Marvel Scale.

One notable thing is that with Rock Blast and Skill Link, Cloyster now has way more utility as a full stop Azumarill counter (as long as that Azumarill doesn't nail you with CB Superpower on the switch), as Rock Blast with 180 EVs will 100% of the time break a 101 HP Substitute and proceed to knock Azumarill out of its Focus Punch.

Also, Alakazam would use both Signal Beam and Focus Blast IMO, as it's not like it's really getting much outside of those three moves.
Well, 80% of the time, due to the accuracy. Definitely has its use, although I tend to use Cloyster just to stop CB Aqua Jets, as SubPunchs variants are a bit easier for my team.

Probably just more fail additons. =/
I lol'd.

Rhyperior will be the face of UU. There is nothing overhyped about 115 Base Hp, 130 Base Def, and 140 Base attack.

Just for Lol's...

Choice Band Rock Wrecker Rhyperior vs 252/252+ Milotic: 90-100%, OHKO after SR

Marvel Scale kicks it down to about 60-70%.

It may actually be useful at times...

If you want to get set up on. But it should be better against stall.

I lol'd.

Rhyperior will be the face of UU. There is nothing overhyped about 115 Base Hp, 130 Base Def, and 140 Base attack.

Just for Lol's...

Choice Band Rock Wrecker Rhyperior vs 252/252+ Milotic: 90-100%, OHKO after SR

Marvel Scale kicks it down to about 60-70%.
lol, however bad that may look, it might not be the WORST thing to do. Getting rid of Milotic in one shot would be invaluable to Rhy, and to a TON of other pokemon, and theres not honestly that many common things that will be able to OHKO Rhy on an average team (Venusaur maybe the most)

But it IS Rock Wrecker...

Spiritomb is pretty much the best Alakazam counter in the entire game, only really fearing trick. Since Spiritomb's UU I don't see Alakazam being too much of an issue.

Am I the only one happy about Roserade leaving? It's not like the wonderful Venusaur doesn't exist.

I'm a bit iffy with Alakazam in UU. I mean, specs Psychic does a cumton to anything bar Registeel or Regice. But then again, with Yanmega in UU it'll be alright though.

lol, however bad that may look, it might not be the WORST thing to do. Getting rid of Milotic in one shot would be invaluable to Rhy, and to a TON of other pokemon, and theres not honestly that many common things that will be able to OHKO Rhy on an average team (Venusaur maybe the most)

But it IS Rock Wrecker...
The question is, "Is OHKOing your opponent's Milotic worth giving your opponent a free turn of setup?".

I really don't know the answer to that one. A free NP on Mismagius or SD on whatever could be disastrous, but taking out Milotic for the rest of the match is just so appealing. I mean, think of the sweeps it opens up. And if you could time it so that Poison damage or perhaps LO recoil (not on CB sets) takes out Rhyperior that turn, you'd get a free shot with it, though that would obviously be rather situational.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)