New UU List (October 2009)

i dont know anything about uu and not much about pokemon in general, but is there any chance venomoth could help fill the roserade void? it cant attack worth shit of course but it can still sleep powder/toxic spikes with the same base speed as rose

i dont know anything about uu and not much about pokemon in general, but is there any chance venomoth could help fill the roserade void? it cant attack worth shit of course but it can still sleep powder/toxic spikes with the same base speed as rose

Even when roserade was UU, I always used venomoth as my lead. Same base speed, but I actually liked the ability to 2hko most things in UU, with hp ground and bug buzz.

Nidoking and Honchkrow have Sucker Punch, so don't be surprised if you lose to them(many run Sash, in fact all lead Honchkrow I've seen have it). Since Roserade is OU, Nidoking has little use for Lum Berry anymore.
I haven't seen a lead krow with sash yet, usually they run scarf (or I get U-turned to Krow or someone switches Krow in on a psychic and is OHKO'd).

For Nidoking, I get trixy. If I think it has SP, I taunt then encore SP and use it to set up something.

Porygon2 is NU?! Are you guys serious... Sorry for the delay since I didn't really look around Stark for awhile but I just noticed this and oh my gosh...

Usage-wise, Porygon2 is in the 50s, which is just a few short of OUs.

Porygon2 is NU?! Are you guys serious... Sorry for the delay since I didn't really look around Stark for awhile but I just noticed this and oh my gosh...

Usage-wise, Porygon2 is in the 50s, which is just a few short of OUs.
That's because it's one of the better Gyarados and Heatran counters due to Trace and bulk. It's much less useful in UU.

Unfortunetly, I was dissapointed about P2 in NU. However, it failed to make OU in Doug's formula, meanwhile, failing to make UU in Doug's formula. This leaves P2 with 1 place to go, NU.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunetly, I was dissapointed about P2 in NU. However, it failed to make OU in Doug's formula, meanwhile, failing to make UU in Doug's formula. This leaves P2 with 1 place to go, NU.
I do believe that it's X-Act's formula, not Doug's.

P2 is a really useful pokemon in OU, but it serves a very specific purpose on a team, unlike most of the OUs. I don't think that it will get to OU very soon.

Hasn't Porygon 2 been OU before anyway? Like at the beginning of the DP era, a couple of years ago. Infact, Porygon 2 and Tangrowth have both been OU, UU and NU!

Charizard was doomed from the start. 50% from SR and not that great stats. Belly Drum sets (one of the deadliest, IMO) rendered useless by the previous statements. Him in NU will definitely benefit him, Stealth Rock isn't as omnipresent as Scizor in OU.

Yay for Drifblim in UU! He'll find a way to work, I know it, as will Mageneton. I like this new list, it adds more excitement to UU rather than same old OU no matter who goes up or down (unless Scizor goes Uber, then that's a biig change!). Gg list.

Charizard was doomed from the start. 50% from SR and not that great stats. Belly Drum sets (one of the deadliest, IMO) rendered useless by the previous statements. Him in NU will definitely benefit him, Stealth Rock isn't as omnipresent as Scizor in OU.

Yay for Drifblim in UU! He'll find a way to work, I know it, as will Mageneton. I like this new list, it adds more excitement to UU rather than same old OU no matter who goes up or down (unless Scizor goes Uber, then that's a biig change!). Gg list.
i really dont think he'll go uber, theres a lot of counters for him, even a magnezone with no hp fire can kill him easily.

he's just bad on teams that are not prepared. which is just random.

I'm quite surprised Porygon2 fell to UU, because he counters so many extremelyptent pokemon in OU.
It's even worse! It's NU!

I'm not surprised to be honest. I think most of us know that it could've ended up in any one of OU, UU or NU.

However, I'd just LOVE for Porygon2 to be OU, with Porygon-Z being UU. Just for the novetly really, but I do also think Porygon2 performs better in OU than Porygon-Z. In UU, however, I'd suspect that Porgyon-Z would be the better choice.

What does it matter if a pokemon falls to a lower tier? You can still use it. P2 doesn't stop being the mence and gyra counter that it always was and probably always will be just because it is being used less hence dropped a tier

What does it matter if a pokemon falls to a lower tier? You can still use it. P2 doesn't stop being the mence and gyra counter that it always was and probably always will be just because it is being used less hence dropped a tier
Judging by the fact that the Porygon2 usage has stayed pretty consistent for the past year, despite Porygon2 changing tiers all the time, I think people already know that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)