New UU List (January 2010)

Why did nidoqeenmove up? what are people running on it? I used it in UU a little and its toxic spikes are worthless in UU, but it did seem to be a decent wall

Sigh,
Honchkrow moving up to BL is probably the worst thing that came out of this in my opinion. It was so vital to my team. No more wall breaker, :'-(

Why did it get the move though?

Manectric is nearly fully outclassed by Raikou ( except for switcharoo but i doubt that would merit using him) and sharpedo would be raped by all the priorty used in UU

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Manectric should be moved up to UU. Well maybe. And while we're at it maybe Sharpedo as well.
Should?

There is no should. Tiering is based on usage. It doesn't stop you from using NU's in UU.

(Thank GOD Jumpluff is NU. It's sickening.)

And please, Raichu outclasses Manetric.
(J/K)

Manectric would lose for sure against a Raiku, but I mean against other pokemon manectric has a wide range of coverage while Raiku does not.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
More like worse stats everywhere for no tangible benefits. I probably wouldn't even use it if Raikou gets banned.

Medicham is pretty powerful, but its movepool sucks ass and it's countered pretty hard by Spiritomb, Slowbro, and others. Even Sableye makes a good counter for it.

UU is filled with plenty of boring and useless Pokemon as it is, so I doubt it's worth mention if anything from NU moves up.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol I'd prefer to use Electabuzz over Manectric, at least he has a way of beating Chansey without having to rely on Trick/Switcheroo (Which is unreliable as hell).

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
It seems like literally the only reasons to use Manectric over even something like Electabuzz, as shrang said, are that Manectric has access to Flamethrower/Overheat, Crunch, and Switcheroo.

I suppose that Flamethrower/Overheat lets it beat bulky Grassers such as Venusaur easier than other Electrics, which often have to resort to HP Ice (or in Electabuzz's case, Psychic, which can present many problems for it with stuff like Absol/Spiritomb/Houndoom). Crunch is helpful against Rotom if Manectric decides to go mixed, although Overheat would still wallop the hell out of Rotom. Switcheroo is obvious, since it helps it beat walls, but I don't know if it does the Tricking job better than Rotom as an Electric.

Lol I'd prefer to use Electabuzz over Manectric, at least he has a way of beating Chansey without having to rely on Trick/Switcheroo (Which is unreliable as hell).
Meh. You have to invest EVs in attack and lose alot of power on the special attacks just to 2HKO chansey. Which IMO isnt worth it in sweeping terms. In the UU metagame filled with the Fire/grass/water combo and Manetric can hit all of them alot harder than electabuzz can. And also manetric can hit all of the dual type Grass and Ground types for super-effective without being confused on which HP to use

Besides Manecric can handle with Chansey just fine by crippling it with give her a Choice item (due to Switcheroo).
Porygon-z and Cresselia just joined UU and now they already left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)