New UU List (January 2010)

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Aha, the tier containing lots and lots of new Pokemon, starting this new year with a bang!

First, let's list the hall of shame, which contains quite a lot of Pokemon. Besides Gallade and Honchkrow, which were recently voted BL, you UU people decided that Electrode, Espeon, Gardevoir, Magneton, Miltank and Typhlosion are not useful enough anymore to warrant much usage. So yeah, this whole list containing a whopping 6 Pokemon unfortunately crash out to NU. Will the NU people welcome them?

Speaking of the NU guys, they will need to do without a few Pokemon themselves, as some of their Pokemon got promoted to UU! Say hello to another rather long list of Pokemon that join the UU guys: Cloyster, Leafeon, Nidoqueen, Poliwrath and Qwilfish!

But it doesn't end there. As you may have read already in the OU list thread, Cresselia and Porygon-Z aren't OU anymore, and reachzero has decided that they will immediately join UU! What's more, no UU Pokemon has risen to OU this time, which effectively means that UU has two new Pokemon which you can use. Enjoy using them!

After adding and subtracting everything, the new UU list contains the following 56 Pokemon:

Code:
Absol
Aggron
Alakazam
Altaria
Ambipom
Arcanine
Azumarill
Blastoise
Blaziken
Chansey
Claydol
Clefable
Cloyster
Cresselia
Donphan
Drapion
Drifblim
Dugtrio
Feraligatr
Froslass
Hariyama
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Houndoom
Kabutops
Lanturn
Leafeon
Ludicolo
Mesprit
Milotic
Mismagius
Moltres
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Omastar
Poliwrath
Porygon-Z
Qwilfish
Raikou
Regirock
Registeel
Rhyperior
Rotom
Sceptile
Scyther
Slowbro
Spiritomb
Steelix
Swellow
Tangrowth
Torterra
Toxicroak
Umbreon
Uxie
Venusaur
Weezing

(56 Pokemon)

Oh, god, stall has just gotten much, much stronger. Oh noez!! With the addition of nidoqueen and cloyster to UU shows that hail is still on the rise =(. Leafeon is odd because I haven't seen one lol.

Oh my...Cresselia and Porygon Z in UU. This will be a fun, fun round.

I smell Porygon Z tearing apart Chansey...

-Terywj

oh my god we were all banking on Heracross dropping to balance out Cress....but nope.

This sort of makes me glad Raikou is still around, tbqh.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cressilia will probably have an easier time in UU with the lack of auto-weather inducers around. This should be a fun trial period.

Thanks for the stats X-Act.

Yeah, Cresselia can use Moonlight now, since Snover and Hippo are very rare at the moment.

And what's going to happen to Chansey after this!?!

Mismagius is going to be #1 again, i presume...

Cresselia on UU and Honchrow out...

We're going to see a HUGE Absol boost now...

Mismagius is going to be #1 again, i presume...

Cresselia on UU and Honchrow out...

We're going to see a HUGE Absol boost now...
Mismagius has been #1 before? I thought the highest it ever got was #2, albeit 4 times (once after Registeel, once after Roserade and twice after Shaymin).

WooHoo this is going to be great! Cresselia is going to wall her ass off and Porygon-Z is going to go nuts sweeping. Oh well they will most likely only stay in UU for a month then be bumped up to OU for overuse.

I am very upset about the NU departures. Poliwrath, Cloyster, and Leafeon? Those three Pokemon are vital in NU. Now NU stall will be nearly non-existant. Rain teams will probably rise in usage due to Electrode. Typhlosion will be very interesting.

Thanks for these!

Porygon-Z and Cresselia should be interesting down in UU. I never realized Qwilfish was getting so much usage, but I'm glad people are starting to see how useful it can be.

As far as Espeon goes, I think we all have seen this coming since Zam dropped to UU. It was only a matter of time.

WooHoo this is going to be great! Cresselia is going to wall her ass off and Porygon-Z is going to go nuts sweeping. Oh well they will most likely only stay in UU for a month then be bumped up to OU for overuse.
Well, the tier lists only get changed every 3 months (and I think they're now changing it to 4 months), so the only way they'll leave is if they get banned.

Oh boy, my NU Semi-stall team doesn't exist. Cloyster out, Leafeon out - quite uncool. And I don't even have an option to replace Cloyster with Qwilfish, because it's... UU. Now we have two spikes in NU and they are... Cacturne and Glalie (and it's quite hard to see them in defensive team and Glalie needs Hail support for this). Say goodbye to any defensive teams in NU ? I guess yes.

I expected Cresselia in UU, but to be honest not this time yet. With all those changes, UU will have quite drastic overcentralisation around hard-hitting Dark types (Absol), Cresselia and Raikou, which easily sets up on her and maybe some Specs Venomoth :D ? I think I won't like this new UU, but we'll see when playing. But Cresselia has a good shot in landing under defensive characteristics with non-affected Moonlight and with Levitate stall teams also has few troubles when facing her, as she's immune to any spikes. Porygon-Z - to be honest for me he didn't deserved to be OU, as I always prefered Porygon2 for OU teams. Also Registeel, Chansey and to some extent Regirock keeps it in check, so it's not a big problem. Heck, even Probopass may check choice sets (only fearing HP Fighting) and Dusclops (Dark Pulse hurts though), so I don't see any problems with Porygon-Z.

Quite surprising are Electrode (solid niche on Rain dance teams and on lead), Magneton (the best steel trapper in UU) and Miltank (good curser and defensive wall, Miltank is seriously underrated). However Espeon is NU with Alakazam around (and it's quite obvious), Gardevoir (I guess also Alakazam, however she still has good unique support options) and Typhlosion (another victim of Stealth Rock, heh).

Poliwrath again UU... I didn't expect this. Azumarill for me is better SubPuncher, however in defensive way Poliwrath has some good resistances. However he's good enough to be UU - I used him here and he's fine choice for stall or bulky offense teams, especially to stop Kabutops and choiced Azumarill. And at last - Nidoqueen again UU. It was such a waste that Nidoqueen was NU with her good supporting options and really solid defences and interesting typing to back it up. Anyway, some of those changes are really interesting :).

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The fall of Typhlosion is to great to bear. As the last of the trio (Zard and Magmortar)
This is just to sad.

Once a BEAST, he is outclassed now... I hate those damned water types.

Edit: SR didn't kill Typhlo imo. Eruption goes down to base 113 at 75%, which some fail to good for a move that has 100 accuracy. It's a better flamethrower.

Oh, god, stall has just gotten much, much stronger. Oh noez!! With the addition of nidoqueen and cloyster to UU shows that hail is still on the rise =(. Leafeon is odd because I haven't seen one lol.
Technically they were always there.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also Registeel, Chansey and to some extent Regirock keeps it in check, so it's not a big problem. Heck, even Probopass may check choice sets (only fearing HP Fighting) and Dusclops (Dark Pulse hurts though), so I don't see any problems with Porygon-Z.
Trio Trio Trio Trio... also, pursuiters like Drapion can help Porygon-Z`s sweep and I believe they will be used for this role, as I believe nobody will just be throwing Porygon into the spot Honchrow|Gallade used to occupy, at least not those expecting to have some success.
I could see the usage of Pokes like Scyther raise a bit if Cresselia happens to be a real problem, but I guess only time will tell it.

Trio Trio Trio Trio... also, pursuiters like Drapion can help Porygon-Z`s sweep and I believe they will be used for this role, as I believe nobody will just be throwing Porygon into the spot Honchrow|Gallade used to occupy, at least not those expecting to have some success.
I could see the usage of Pokes like Scyther raise a bit if Cresselia happens to be a real problem, but I guess only time will tell it.p
Yeah, trio is a problem, however we still have Shed Shell (not that I like this idea, but I guess it'll be a must to stop Porygon-Z and Dugtrio combo). About Scyther - I would agree, however that SR still hurts and Scyther can't switch directly with risk of being T-waved.

Edit: SR didn't kill Typhlo imo. Eruption goes down to base 113 at 75%, which some fail to good for a move that has 100 accuracy. It's a better flamethrower.
Well the problem is that Typhlosion can switch only once without taking damage to keep solid power when SR is up. Bulky waters stops it, but I remember when some teams were "Typh-weak" because they didn't even EVed bulky waters well enough to take Eruptions, however I still think that SR is really important factor for Typhlosion being NU.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
People are hyping P-Z worse than Rhyperior/Zam.

Priority is freaking EVERYWHERE in UU. Mach punch, sucker punch, etc.

All I can say is that NU is going to be a shithole now.

And Uxie use will drop drastically in UU outside of the lead spot, barring the good players who actually it for its niche role.

Skuntank's niche is getting bigger and bigger nowadays.

Oh, and RestTalk Cresselia will be the shit to counter Venusaur.

People are hyping P-Z worse than Rhyperior/Zam.

Priority is freaking EVERYWHERE in UU. Mach punch, sucker punch, etc.
For offensive teams - of course, P-Z won't be a trouble with all that priority. However stall-teams may have trouble with Porygon-Z/Dugtrio combo and I don't see any hype here. This is problem, against which stall teams must be prepared. And idea of using Technitop or CBAzumarill in stall teams seems... strange. But I guess for semi-stall it won't make any difference, as they like to use one-two bulky offensive pokemon.

All I can say is that NU is going to be a shithole now.
Ubers right now looks much more defensive in comparison to NU. Quite ironic when you compare power of standard Ubers and NU's ;).

And Uxie use will drop drastically in UU outside of the lead spot, barring the good players who actually it for its niche role.
As a lead Uxie is still much better choice. SR, Yawn, U-Turn, Memento. So It'll drop, but not that much. So it's not that bad.

Oh, and RestTalk Cresselia will be the shit to counter Venusaur.
Set-up fodder for Absol or Raikou (and maybe even Scyther). I think Moonlight is better option IMO, especially when Sandstorm/Hail is much more rare in UU. But that's me, maybe I'll be wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)