New UU List (January 2010)

People are hyping P-Z worse than Rhyperior/Zam.

Priority is freaking EVERYWHERE in UU. Mach punch, sucker punch, etc.
Those moves are meant to revenge kill. A Pokemon is defined to be broken in a tier if it's uncounterable in that tier. Are there any Pokemon in NU that have those priority moves able to "counter" Porygon-Z? Thus, it's insufficient to say these moves would help balance the tier from being swept by Porygon-Z.

Maybe Venusaur usage goes down now. Psychic form Cresselia still hurts poor Venusaur.
The amonut of Arcanines shall rise, maybe taking Venusaur place. Since it outspeeds Porygon Z and can Toxic or maybe Sunny Blast it's way through Cresselia defenses.

And with that changes Mismagius and Absol are going UP like i said before.

Scyther maybe. It needs to hold Lum Berry more often, this item is amazing on Scyther, letting it grab one more Swords Dance and the like. SD/Aerial Ace/Bug Bite/Baton Pass or Quick Attack and Scyther is ready to go.

With all those changes, UU will have quite drastic overcentralisation around hard-hitting Dark types (Absol), Cresselia and Raikou, which easily sets up on her
Fun fact though, Cresselia only needs 12 EVs to always break the Subs of standard SubCM Raikou, so even those with tight EV restrictions elsewhere don't need to go too much out of their way. And even with no defensive investment at all, Cresselia can take two +1 Thunderbolts with health to spare.

What interests me the most is what kind of spread will be most popular on Cresselia: physically defensive, specially defensive or fast Toxic staller / ScreenDancer? It will be interesting to find out.

Oh, and RestTalk Cresselia will be the shit to counter Venusaur.
I never even thought about that. UU now has a viable sleep shifter, although it would be quite heavy set-up bait after something gets put to sleep.

EDIT:

Arin said:
A Pokemon is defined to be broken in a tier if it's uncounterable in that tier.
Sorry, but you really need to lurk more.

Now with Cresselia runing around, I can see various weather teams rising to stop Cresselia from healing (with Sunny Day teams using Moonlight to their advantage).

Venasaur usage will fall, insuring that bulky waters might rise quite a bit.

Finally, I can use my secret weapon. ;)

Maybe Venusaur usage goes down now. Psychic form Cresselia still hurts poor Venusaur.
The amonut of Arcanines shall rise, maybe taking Venusaur place. Since it outspeeds Porygon Z and can Toxic or maybe Sunny Blast it's way through Cresselia defenses.

And with that changes Mismagius and Absol are going UP like i said before.

Scyther maybe. It needs to hold Lum Berry more often, this item is amazing on Scyther, letting it grab one more Swords Dance and the like. SD/Aerial Ace/Bug Bite/Baton Pass or Quick Attack and Scyther is ready to go.
I doubt Arcanine's usage would rise. It's still unable to counter both Cresselia and Porygon-Z if all it's going to do is Toxic.

I can see Sub CM Cresselia with HP Fighting being popular. Which will also increase the usage of CM Spiritomb. CM Spiritomb would probably gain the most increase in usage. That's my prediction.

@Lemmiwinks MkII, You can tell that I made that definition up. There is no actual definition of a Pokemon being "broken," it is a term we refer to stating that the Pokemon is unfit in it's desginated tier. I doubt Smogon would make a dictionary on definitions of common terms.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
What interests me the most is what kind of spread will be most popular on Cresselia: physically defensive, specially defensive or fast Toxic staller / ScreenDancer? It will be interesting to find out.
Maybe ScreenDancer to help Agility/NP Pory sweep lol. Talking about NP Porygon, here is a +2 Life Orbed Shadow Ball against 252/0 Spiritomb (not factoring Download).
738 Atk vs 252 Def & 304 HP (90 Base Power): 245 - 289 (80.59% - 95.07%).
Pretty shaky, especially if behind screens...

I doubt Arcanine's usage would rise. It's still unable to counter both Cresselia and Porygon-Z if all it's going to do is Toxic.

I can see Sub CM Cresselia with HP Fighting being popular. Which will also increase the usage of CM Spiritomb. CM Spiritomb would probably gain the most increase in usage. That's my prediction.

@Lemmiwinks MkII, You can tell that I made that definition up. There is no actual definition of a Pokemon being "broken," it is a term we refer to stating that the Pokemon is unfit in it's desginated tier. I doubt Smogon would make a dictionary on definitions of common terms.
Flare Blitz on Porygon-Z and Toxic on Cresselia(or Sunny Blast like i said on both). That's what i meant to say.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Wow, Cress in UU without Heracross or Honchkrow...scary. Absol can hardly be called a counter, it's crippled by Thunder Wave and can't take many hits with its below average defenses.

SD saur has a CHANCE to beat Cress. (I'm assuming you SD on the switch in) +2 Life Orb Jolly Power Whip 2HKOs max HP max Def Cress, but Cress 2HKOs with Psychic. So if you miss once, you're gone. Cress also has the ability to outspeed (216 Speed/Timid (lol)) then it can KO Saur too.

Well my NU team just got destroyed....
Not only yours x_x. I lost at once Cloyster, Leafeon and Nidoqueen and I can't see how I can rebuilt mine. Oh well, to be honest NU now will be even less popular. It seriously needs some help and now it should have suspects test to ban few things. Or least make list of sweepers a bit smaller, as number of threats teams must face is a bit ridiculous.

SD saur has a CHANCE to beat Cress. (I'm assuming you SD on the switch in) +2 Life Orb Jolly Power Whip 2HKOs max HP max Def Cress, but Cress 2HKOs with Psychic. So if you miss once, you're gone. Cress also has the ability to outspeed (216 Speed/Timid (lol)) then it can KO Saur too.
I guess you only beat Rest/Sleep Talk Cress (with some luck) or Cresselia without Reflect. And I think most of them will use Reflect to tank even more hits. So unfortunately I don't think it will happen too often.

I really do feel for NU. That's a lot of quite necessary bulky Pokemon pillaged from it.

Also TrickSpecs P-Z will be fun.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about Heracross not coming down, I was too busy testing SubCross :P.

Nevertheless, this round of UU should be interesting. Cresselia may be a good wall but... NP Houndoom.

I guess you only beat Rest/Sleep Talk Cress (with some luck) or Cresselia without Reflect. And I think most of them will use Reflect to tank even more hits. So unfortunately I don't think it will happen too often.
And a mix of Moonlight and T-Wave will also lessen the likelyhood of Saur beating Cress. So, yeah, more then likely, Saur loses, but it's possible.

Not only yours x_x. I lost at once Cloyster, Leafeon and Nidoqueen and I can't see how I can rebuilt mine. Oh well, to be honest NU now will be even less popular. It seriously needs some help and now it should have suspects test to ban few things. Or least make list of sweepers a bit smaller, as number of threats teams must face is a bit ridiculous.
i lost nidoqueen, leafeon, and poliwrath lol

Cresselia....First defensive suspect??? Maybe, but honestly I don't think it's broken.

You have shit like Houndoom, Alakazam, Scyther, Absol, Mismagius, and Umbreon. Cresselia is pretty much set-up bait because all it does is sit there and wall. Thunder Wave can be bypassed by Substitute, and it's Psychics are weak. Most physical sweepers will have trouble with her, sure, but special sweepers just walk all over her. I'm interested to try a fast CM sweeper set though because it seems it would work like Mesprit just slightly weaker but also bulkier. I don't even think stall teams will have a problem with her because they frequently use Haze Milotic or can Encore with Clefable or Jumpluff (yes my stall team uses Jumpluff). Also if you carry Moonlight you're opening up yourself to Toxic.

So yeah, Cresselia is gonna cause a few changes, but broken??? I don't really think so. Only time will tell.

Oh yeah, Houndoom... forgot about this one. And i use a SubPlot Houndoom lol. Easy set ups against Cresselia.

I must say I think Cresselia is going to have a gargantuan impact on UU - its huge defenses are only supported by Moonlight, giving it something Uxie doesn't have, and Uxie was already one of the most reliable walls in UU. Uxie still has some advantages like learning U-Turn and Memento, but Cresselia has instant recovery.

Thund91 said:
You have shit like Houndoom, Alakazam, Scyther, Absol, Mismagius, and Umbreon. Cresselia is pretty much set-up bait because all it does is sit there and wall. Thunder Wave can be bypassed by Substitute, and it's Psychics are weak. Most physical sweepers will have trouble with her, sure, but special sweepers just walk all over her. I'm interested to try a fast CM sweeper set though because it seems it would work like Mesprit just slightly weaker but also bulkier. I don't even think stall teams will have a problem with her because they frequently use Haze Milotic or can Encore with Clefable or Jumpluff (yes my stall team uses Jumpluff). Also if you carry Moonlight you're opening up yourself to Toxic.
Well yeah, but considering that Cresselia looks (to me anyway) like a superior version of Uxie, surely it's going to be a very powerful wall right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)