SPOILERS! All Returning DLC Pokemon in SV DLC Expansion Pass <Unconfirmed>

'Mons that don't look like they will make it:

1685730036633.png

'Mons that look like they will make it:

1685730138851.png

A legendary calvacade is also needed to get the number mentioned in the DLC announcement, but I'm not sure if that one accounted for mythicals and/or Ultra Beasts.

'Mons that don't look like they will make it:

View attachment 522055

'Mons that look like they will make it:

View attachment 522056

A legendary calvacade is also needed to get the number mentioned in the DLC announcement, but I'm not sure if that one accounted for mythicals and/or Ultra Beasts.
To reach that number I excluded the Mythics & UBs. UBs were officially removed from the Legendary list internally (or sub-legend, i guess) with this gen.

Though the number gets a little more off with the addition of the Serperior & Emboar lines; that brings us up to 212. If you ignore Mythics+UBs and bring in all the remaining legends that would put us at 242. Which is over 230 but kind of breaks the spirit of that kind of announcement; you'd probably want to say "Over 240". If we want to keep playing poke-math we could probably remove the 4 most expendable legends: Type Null & Silvally (Since there's no UBs, I guess?) and Latios & Latios.
Though honestly at that point why not just bring the others on board anyway at that point...but I suppose you can apply that same argument to the starters in Gen 8.

Or who knows, maybe the Serperior & Emboar lines were "late" additions ala Magearna.

Don't know why they couldn't just add Watchog/Furfrou/The Elemental Monkeys, makes no sense to me. It's only 5 lines, though I only consider it to be 3. I'm not a fan of Watchog (who is?) but it at least deserves to be transferrable to at least one Switch game. If you had to make room for them you could cut Clefable or Skarmory, I am personally enjoying their absence in current Gen 9.

Furfrou is just a logistical nightmare like spinda.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying their hardest to avoid bringing it back to the games.

Don't know why they couldn't just add Watchog/Furfrou/The Elemental Monkeys, makes no sense to me. It's only 5 lines, though I only consider it to be 3. I'm not a fan of Watchog (who is?) but it at least deserves to be transferrable to at least one Switch game. If you had to make room for them you could cut Clefable or Skarmory, I am personally enjoying their absence in current Gen 9.
It's probably a popularity decision more than anything. After all, the watchog line and the elemental monkeys are usually use to highlight the worst of the gen 5 roster, and while furfrou isn't as infamous, there isn't much talk about them anywhere. Thus, they probably aren't very high on their priority list.

Tho that's just my opinion, there may be another reason I could be overlooking.

EDIT:
I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying their hardest to avoid bringing it back to the games.
Yeah it's probably that.

It is not even remotely like Spinda at all what are you talking about

You take it to a place and it gets a hair cut. That's it. There's no algorithms in play or anything and hell, they might have gotten rid of the idea of it losing its coat the millisecond it touches a box judging by how Home treats it.

It is not even remotely like Spinda at all what are you talking about

You take it to a place and it gets a hair cut. That's it. There's no algorithms in play or anything and hell, they might have gotten rid of the idea of it losing its coat the millisecond it touches a box judging by how Home treats it.
It's nowhere as complicated as spinda, but you still have to port over a all the haircuts on top of... actually providing a place specifically to make them.
Differently from Spinda, the Furfrou line still requires to animate all of the models, and as we know, currently they're not exactly having time to spare.

As I said, I'd not be surprised if Spinda, Furfrou and Alcremie are on their list of "we port them as little as possible, why did we even make this"

It's nowhere as complicated as spinda, but you still have to port over a all the haircuts on top of... actually providing a place specifically to make them.
Differently from Spinda, the Furfrou line still requires to animate all of the models, and as we know, currently they're not exactly having time to spare.

As I said, I'd not be surprised if Spinda, Furfrou and Alcremie are on their list of "we port them as little as possible, why did we even make this"
That's still not Spinda, whose specific problem was ILCA fucking up the spot algorithm. An issue, by the way, that literally no other instance of the Spinda Spot Algorithm repeated; it was likely very portable! ILCA had equal odds of messing up any part of coding, the fact it inverted how Spinda generates it spots just happened to be the msot annoying one. Did you know even the first Pokemon Rumble had it fully working and it just never had a Spinda to generate? Wild right?
Point is: It's not that, it's just any Pokemon with a form change.

Changing it? You slap a NPC somewhere, give them a list of things they can do and your job is done. USUM just shoved a Furfrou barber in one of the barbers and called it a day.
Porting "all the hair cuts"? Sure, I suppose; though there's definitely an assortment of shortcuts they can take Ic an see this mattering to some extent like making it less of a priority like a lot of the early game Pokemon few people care about. But that's still not a "logistical nightmare" nor on the level of Spinda. Hell it's not even on the level of Unknown, since the animatoins are all the same.
Also weird to point out Alcremie as being on this shit list when it's already on deck? BDSP & LA were never going to have it and while it did miss out in base-game SV I doubt its textures and lowpoly accesssories and spin-tracking were why; and now its coming back anyway! I think they'd regret Cap Pikachu slightly more but boy it sure is here...didnt even have a give away when Ash left the anime!

Actualy no I think the one Pokemon they might have regrets at this point is Nincada, which seemed to keep causing problems throughout gen 8. I recall issues with SWSH, BDSP & Home all beacuse of how Shedinja works causing issues with their clone checks. Now if any Pokemon they went down the list and avoided for technical reasons for, I can believe that one specifically. "You know what we can just take a pass on it for a few games" - Gamefreak possibly???

Honestly, if Furfrou has any "special" reason for being skipped to this point, I wonder if when Furfrou comes out they want to have a gimmick with Go. Furfrous dominate Home because Go decided to go hard on region locking Furfrou and GameFreak loves their Go tie-ins with Meltan, the Vivillon postcards, Roaming Gimmighoul....I can believe it tbh. Save Furfrou for when there's a time they can exploit a cross-connectivity gimmick.

One thing that makes me wary of Silvally making it is that AFAIK it didn't get multiple hi-res mini sprites for its formes, unlike stuff like Arceus, Genesect or even Alcremie. Still, makes sense, if UBs aren't in, the anti-UB 'mon not making it works as well.

I think every Pokemon is capable of coming back. Not necessarily this generation (Shedinja certainly can't), but at least in future games. I think Furfrou would be perfectly capable of coming back in the DLC, I don't think it'd be that hard to slap a barber NPC somewhere. I don't care as much about Spinda and Unown, but if they were able to be coded into BDSP then they should have the capability of coming back here as well. Also regarding the whole "Watchog and the monkeys can't come back because they're hated/unpopular" argument, it's not like they haven't brought back disliked/forgotten Pokemon to the past couple generations. Just look at Bruxish.

Some of these Pokemon I sort of wonder why they've been neglected. Like Butterfree appeared in 2 regional dexes without Beedrill when usually they were paired before, I imagine cause of the Mega but still.

Also I swear Furret only made it in cause of the memes. Unless they pull a surprise twist and give forms/evos to some of the more, 'questionable' returnees like Mightyena and Ariados.

One thing that makes me wary of Silvally making it is that AFAIK it didn't get multiple hi-res mini sprites for its formes, unlike stuff like Arceus, Genesect or even Alcremie. Still, makes sense, if UBs aren't in, the anti-UB 'mon not making it works as well.
That is an interesting omission especially considering they made those sprites for Ash-Greninja (RIP) and Eternal Floette (turbo RIP)

Unless they pull a surprise twist and give forms/evos to some of the more, 'questionable' returnees like Mightyena and Ariados.
Considering their idea right now is a rotating roster for each game, I don't know why shitmons would be excluded from that rotation. Between the two wholly new titles, Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet, quite a few bad Pokemon have already had a turn to be on the switch. Unless you think Maractus, Sunflora, Gumshoos and Kricketune are vital to competitive. Going by non-remakes including stuff like them, I expect every Pokemon will eventually get a turn to be in a newer title.

EDIT: Rather than make a new post, I will show a list of fully-evolved Gen I-IV Pokemon that missed both Galar and Paldea if we include the dex leaks:

-Beedrill
-Pidgeot
-Raticate
-Alolan Raticate
-Fearow
-Parasect*
-Ledian
-Unown
-Beautifly*
-Dustox*
-Swellow
-Delcatty
-Spinda
-Castform
-Kecleon
-Huntail
-Gorebyss
-Bibarel*
-Wormadam*
-Mothim*
-Purugly*
-Chatot*
-Carnivine*

*Appeared in Hisui, for those that count it as a new region

Last edited:
And all of those but Alolan Raticate were playable in BDSP.
I wasn't trying to say that they didn't have a game to go to, I was pointing out the older Pokemon that haven't been intentionally chosen to be coded into a completely new Pokemon game, since as much as I like BDSP(I know this is an unpopular opinion), it's pretty obvious next to no thought was made to determine what Pokemon were coded into that game, they pretty much just had everything that was in the original DS release +the new forms introduced in Platinum.

Looks like Gliscor is coming back in Kitakami. So we at least know there will be one relevant addition to the metagame when that times comes. Even despite all the Ground type competition in Great Tusk and Lando, I don't expect it to be completely unviable in OU.

Looks like Gliscor is coming back in Kitakami. So we at least know there will be one relevant addition to the metagame when that times comes. Even despite all the Ground type competition in Great Tusk and Lando, I don't expect it to be completely unviable in OU.
If anything I expect this to hurt Lando the most, even assuming Gliscor doesn't keep Defog either. Great Tusk was already encroaching on Lando's stonks as a Bulky Attacking Ground Type without Recovery, while retaining things like Hazard Removal utility. Now Lando more than ever has to play on his unique traits like U-Turn and Intimidate Pivoting.

Gliscor meanwhile is going to be a major Balance Defensive addition, which will probably push Tusk to more offensive sets (or at least even the ratios out), essentially putting Lando between two stiff competitions on Offense or Defense and needing to walk a tight rope of using his specific role compression to compete rather than being the go-to Do-Everything Glue he was in previous Gens (like Gen 8 where Defensive sets picked up from Gliscor's Dexit).

Very interesting that we're getting Alolan Exeggutor too, perhaps the terrarium will allow you to evolve/breed into the different forms
It would make sense. If I had to guess, certain parts of the Terrarium will likely correlate with Alola and Galar. Mechanic wise, that makes sense for future use since only a handful of old mons have branch evolutions that are new forms like Pikachu, Cubone, and Koffing.

USUM sent you through a separate dimension if you wanted to evolve Pikachu and Cubone into their original evolutions. A terrarium is a better choice IMO. Hoping we also get a way of getting Hissuian evolutions.

Makes plenty of sense at least for Alolans, as you cannot use HOME to send them to a game where you can evolve them.

1687364523969.png

Blueberry director dude has an Aegislash scarf. Aegislash is not on the datamined list of likely returning mons.

Don't do this to me Game Freak. You're already teasing me by giving the history teacher a Marshadow hairpin, what's next, a Blacephalon ball to play with during picnics? If you're gonna cut my favorite mons and turn them into clothing, at least let me wear the items on my character!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)