SPOILERS! All Returning DLC Pokemon in SV DLC Expansion Pass <Unconfirmed>

On the topic of VGC, they could do what Regulation D is and simply add the Pokémon through the DLC patch and allow participation- not that I’m saying it’s a good idea of course, but regulation D has shown they aren’t afraid to this approach. This method incentivizes multiple purchases of all the games, which benefits the company but is terrible to the player base.
I do still think they'll add a bunch of legendary Pokemon to fill the remaining slots, mind you, I just don't think gamefreak will care about letting us get them in the game. They already didn't care about players getting them before the biggest most important worlds, so I think that now that there's a moveset deleter and cross-gen transfers they just no longer see the problem.
yeah that's what I was alluding to in my post

they can easily feel like they no longer have an obligation to do this, even if said idea is Very Stupid

You know we could just get a bunch more than 239 right?
The SwSh EP promised over 200 (I double checked), we got 221.
Getting 252-ish when they promised 230+ isn't that unprecedented.
I'm glad you double checked this because it got me to double check it too. SWSH's Expansion pass actually added 227 Pokemon, by my count.
I have no idea how I got 201 on the dot in my head all this time!
& I guess everyone else did too so none of us bothered to double check this count at all. All this number crunching, for months, for virtually nothing!

Granted I still feel like if you're over 240 it's probably better to just say over 240, but maybe it's all about bet hedging in case something happened

That's good to know, hopefully we do get nearly the full set of legends and mythicals, then. Possibly less the ultra beasts, still, since it sure seems like categorizing them and the paradoxes separately would help rationalize them being left out if all other sub-legends make it in.

I'm not expecting Silvally mostly because it, unlike Arceus, didn't get a menu sprite for each type. And, of course, the UBs are connected to it.

I'm not expecting Silvally mostly because it, unlike Arceus, didn't get a menu sprite for each type. And, of course, the UBs are connected to it.
I can chock Silvally up to just...an oversight

Like all the megas got them, but the G-Maxes didn't. Ash Greninja was unexistenced and Eternal Floette never even got released to begin with, but both got them. They decided Urshifu should still not at least have an in-battle different pose; even though they love emphasizing the different poses and how each one kind of tweaks how the flaps of it work and have no problems with in & out of battle forms (Xerneas, primarily). Things like Battle Bond Greninja or Own Tempo Rockruff get their own sprite internally since they have separate slots due to how their abilities work but the 10% & 50% Zygardes didn't (Silvally also doesn't, actually); scatterbug & spewpa also have duplicates to match. Arceus & Genesect got their new sprites as noted, and Silvally didn't, but Alcremie remains just using the Strawberry sweets in its sprites.

So honestly I still don't think we'll get ALL of them back and Silvally's on my list to miss the cut if the UBs also miss out, but it's like...was it really intenionally left out because they had no current plans to put it back in, even though there's plenty of that in the sprites, or was it just them letting one slip through the cracks?

Looks like this is the approximate Blueberry Dex. Kleavor is there, which is nice. Ideally that also means we get access to the others but...we'll see
So you know coming back to this, there was a kind of interesting omission: Overqwil
I wonder if it was originally just meant to be the regular Qwilfish (for display purposes, matt just defaulted to the regular forms on everyone) and Overqwil was a late addition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)