SPOILERS! All Returning DLC Pokemon in SV DLC Expansion Pass <Unconfirmed>

also, raging bolt is a brotonsaurus, which means noble thunder lizard
walking wake is the fukuiraptor
also, entei might be a hadrosaur
credit: lockstin and gnoggins video

also, briar looks like a brambleghast and is named after a spiky plant, the briar rose
her team likely includes brambleghast
Screenshot 2023-08-12 9.02.07 AM.png

Last edited:
View attachment 542314

Official image shows Shaymin, who wasn't in the leak which likely means the leak doesn't cover Transfer only Pokemon and all the ones that were leaked are ones that have Dex Entries.
The fact that this screenshot is in Kitikami is hopefully an indication that Teal Mask will add at least a few mythicals and we won't have to wait for Indigo disk. Isle of Armor only added Magearna, if I recall correctly. (There were several already available in base DLC).

Of course, the fact that the starters are in this screenshot and the trailer otherwise focused on Indigo Disk means we can't really read into this too much. Maybe the starters are wild in ID but can still be home transferred in TM, or maybe they'll also only be added in ID and they just picked Kitikami to stage the photo because they liked it.

Yup, adding legends and mythicals to the Dex leak made the number of species match the publicity blurb AFAIK.
As of when they added the Tepig & Snivy lines there's 211 new ones from the scrubbed data, so they can't add all of them. All the remaining Legendary pokemon would put us at 242, with no room for any mythics.
it's possible Tepig/Snivy are just late additions like Magearna was, and also they might not do Type Null/Silvally since they're so tied to UBs, but there's a chance they decide not to bring in most-but-not-all legendary Pokemon.

At the very least I think we'll get the Beasts, the Musketeers, and the rest of the box legends (since they're the Big Ticket pokemon). Counting Shaymin that'd bring us to....231!

Then there's plenty of room to pick and choose what mythics (Keldeo comes to mind) and other misc legends (if any) they might want to bring back with us being over 230 but under 240.

Crown also failed to include every mythical; so I may expect some misses there (of course, legendary gauntlets are to be expected, as has been the case since 2014... I miss finding them in dungeons).

For the record, legends and mythicals not in SV pre-DLC, ordered by gen:

View attachment 542442

Yeeesh, the UBs bloat the number quite a bit.
please, please, please I hope they bring Deoxys and Darkrai to S/V. I have never understood why SWSH never brought them back when, in my eyes, I feel they could've integrated into the game just fine without any modifications needed.

At the very least I think we'll get the Beasts, the Musketeers, and the rest of the box legends (since they're the Big Ticket pokemon). Counting Shaymin that'd bring us to....231!

Then there's plenty of room to pick and choose what mythics (Keldeo comes to mind) and other misc legends (if any) they might want to bring back with us being over 230 but under 240.
On the other hand, I could see a slim chance of them not including the beasts and muskedeers because their paradox forms are different mons, so they may not feel as obligated to include them when there is more overlap between the forms (compared to regional variants or rfakes).

I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it since the closest precedent is toedscool line, who very well could've just been because it was a late addition going by the code names, and Tentacool looks to be coming in the DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if those legendaries didn't make it in. It would free up 6 slots in the count.

That said, I do think it's likely that the ultra beasts won't make it, and based on SwSh that some of the mythicals are not going to make it in. In SwSh it seemed like the cut mythicals were those with form changes or who were going to show up in PLA, but difficult to extrapolate based on only one full generation of dexit so far. If there is a Legends Unova or something coming I could see Victini, Keldeo, and Genesect not making the cut. (Keldeo depending on whether the muskedeers make the cut or not).

On the other hand, I could see a slim chance of them not including the beasts and muskedeers because their paradox forms are different mons, so they may not feel as obligated to include them when there is more overlap between the forms (compared to regional variants or rfakes).
I think they'll want them here because they'll want the Paradoxes & normal versions to provide contrast and comparison.
I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it since the closest precedent is toedscool line, who very well could've just been because it was a late addition going by the code names, and Tentacool looks to be coming in the DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if those legendaries didn't make it in. It would free up 6 slots in the count.
Toedscool is absolutely just because it was a late addition, and also Tentacool is coming in the DLC anyway....

Meanwhile none of the paradoxes had this issue, so in a DLC that's probably going to bring back more legendary Pokemon, is explicitly bringing in 6 paradoxes based on legendary Pokemon not in the game yet, not bringing back those 6 does feel. Off? And if nothing else Suicune's very popular.
That said, I do think it's likely that the ultra beasts won't make it, and based on SwSh that some of the mythicals are not going to make it in. In SwSh it seemed like the cut mythicals were those with form changes or who were going to show up in PLA, but difficult to extrapolate based on only one full generation of dexit so far. If there is a Legends Unova or something coming I could see Victini, Keldeo, and Genesect not making the cut. (Keldeo depending on whether the muskedeers make the cut or not).
Just looking at the list of them....
I can see Celebi getting the skip; got a place in a movie with a fancy shiny give away.
Jirachi...honestly I'm surprised this wasn't in the base game. They love celebrating Tanabata, after all. Getting skipped there, I can see them continuing to skip it now though. Give it a generation of rest; plus we even got to take it out for a spin "in-game" during BDSP that might mean something to being skipped too(Mew being Mew is eternal and will never let us go).
Deoxys feels like it should be a shoe in; while it was in BDSP it was never actually given out at all during Gen 8 (Celebi at least had a Zarude movie tie in). Kind of fits the science-y vibes of Indigo Disc too.
Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai. I mean we have Shaymin* and Arceus so may as well bring in the rest. Take Heart was also updated internally, so might show an indication to bring it back and let the cliones use it again.
I agree that Victini & Genesect can see a pass for whatever the Unova game winds up being; honestly even with the other Musketeers maybe they just hold off Keldeo anyway?
Marshadow & Zeraora got to be in SWSH base game and Zeraora in particular even got a fancy raid event for a shiny give away; maybe they seem them as "done" and willing to pass over a generation? Magearna probably got through because they want that tie in with Home.
Although Marshadow at least has a prominent hair clip on Raifort! And Indigo Disc's big gimmick is having Alolan biomes, so maybe they actually brin the full set back anyway? still wonder if its somehow in alola despite the terastalizatoin
Meltan/Melmetal I think will continue to get passed over; they want the current Go integration to focus on Gimmighoul and Vivillon

*Hey so does anyone else think Shaymin might be the "certain Pokemon" that Perrin is looking for? While a bit unusual to see it in the forest, I do think of how Adaman was quasi-raised by Mai, and his descendant sort of keeping that tie to both Mai and Marley through Shaymin would kind of be an interesting throughline, especially if we get more Mai lore out of it somehow. Still wonder what was up with her connection to that outcropping...

*Hey so does anyone else think Shaymin might be the "certain Pokemon" that Perrin is looking for? While a bit unusual to see it in the forest, I do think of how Adaman was quasi-raised by Mai, and his descendant sort of keeping that tie to both Mai and Marley through Shaymin would kind of be an interesting throughline, especially if we get more Mai lore out of it somehow. Still wonder what was up with her connection to that outcropping...
I was originally thinking it could be Celebi, since Kitikami is giving off Johto vibes and Celebi is a time traveler and fits thematically with the Diamond clan's worship of Dialga. Plus it could be seen as an homage to the Celebi in New Snap. However, the fact they showed off Shaymin definitely makes it seem like it will go that direction, since it would be a more obvious connection to a descendant of a Hisui character than a Johto mon would be.

a set for each starter, including a possible scald return

Chlorophyll (Venusaur) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
Sun Team Leech Seeder

Defensive (Blastoise) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rain Dish
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
- Body Press
- Scald
Do You Want To Fucking Ragequit

Shell Smash (Blastoise) @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
Time To Sweep

SubSeedGrain (Meganium) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Grass Knot
- Ingrain
Who Said You Were Allowed To Kill Me

Dragon Dance (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
The Tsunami Of A Pokemon

SD Unburden (Sceptile) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
SD Focus Sash Unburden

SD SB (Blaziken) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fire
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Brave Bird
Insert Freebird Here

Defensive (Swampert) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
Standing Here I Realize

RockSeed (Torterra) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Rocks And Leech Seed

Lead (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
The Lead Ape, The Lead Ape Is Real

Anti Lead (Empoleon) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock
Uno Reverse Card

Contrary (Serperior) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Leech Seed
- Tera Blast
Au Contraire Mon Ami

Support (Emboar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Scald
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Superpower
Support Boar

Support (Incineroar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
Support Roar

Calm Mind (Primarina) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Scald
- Ice Beam
Calm Mind Sweeper

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since the Kitakami Pokedex images had been leaked revealing the full Kitakami Pokedex, it seems we now know who is returning in which half.

Running down the list, it's the following:

Teal Mask:

Indigo Disk:

As you can see above, this is basically the rundown of which Pokemon are returning in which half. Behold!

Last edited:
Only thing we're missing now is where Shaymin lands.
I also wonder if the Sinnoh Starters might be "bonus" Pokemon for DLC 1. That is you can bring them in from home starting then, but can't capture until DLC 2

mostly on the back of the "hey you can bring pokemon from Home too" had Shaymin, and the Sinnoh starters, in Kitakami.

Standard dex is already so power crept that I don't see the returning Pokemon changing the OU landscape all that much tbh.

For Teal Mask, the only relevant additions are Clefable, Gliscor, and Alolan Ninetales (assuming the inclusion of standard Ninetales lets you transfer in the Alolan variant). For Indigo Disk it's literally just Serperior, and that's only assuming Tera Blast isn't banned by then.

I know that there are other factors, such as the new Pokemon, new TMs, and the Omni Tera type, but I am still expecting a smaller shakeup than what we got in Gen 8.

For Indigo Disk it's literally just Serperior, and that's only assuming Tera Blast isn't banned by then.
Consider that there is a pretty high chance that Indigo disc will also bring over all the missing legendaries. Most notably the Tapus, and potentially Ultrabeasts.

Tapu Koko on its own existing will tear OU apart simply by enabling Future Paradoxes to actually have an ability.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Consider that there is a pretty high chance that Indigo disc will also bring over all the missing legendaries. Most notably the Tapus, and potentially Ultrabeasts.

Tapu Koko on its own existing will tear OU apart simply by enabling Future Paradoxes to actually have an ability.
I know there's been a lot of debate about whether we're getting all the old legendaries back, but the more I look at things and think about it, I'm honestly inclined to believe that this time we aren't going to get every single legendary usable in SV.

I know the Shaymin isn't in the scrubbed Dex entries list and is known to eventually become usable, but back with the Crown Tundra all of the old legendaries were in the scrubbed dex entry list and the fact that all the old legendaries were returning, chief among them the major box legendaries of the Mewtwo archetype, was very heavily advertised in official trailers throughout the pre-release period.

This time most legendaries aren't in the scrubbed dex entry list, but more importantly, there has been no advertisement officially of old legendaries coming back thus far. What has been advertised, however, is the fact that Indigo Disk will have every single starter Pokemon (or as they like to officially call them, "first partner Pokemon"). The datamined list of scrubbed Dex entries of returning Pokemon has indicated that each and every single starter Pokemon from the previous generations, from Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, to Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble, is returning in the Indigo Disk, and one of the recent trailers has really highlighted the fact that all the starters are back.

Which is to say, I think the fact that we have every starter in Indigo Disk is what will be SV DLC's selling point, and what they want to highlight this time around as opposed to SwSh DLC bringing back all the legendaries.

In that sense SwSh and SV go for opposite directions, and together complement each other as to which special groups of Pokemon they have in their Part 2 DLCs.

SwSh had all the legendaries, but not all the starters (only three old-gen starter trios made it)
SV will have all the starters, but not all the legendaries (some are HOME transferrable and may be obtainable somehow, and some may be added, like Shaymin, but ultimately it will still only amount to some but not all).

This is what I think is going to be the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)