Project UU Community Create-A-Team (Cycle 4, Slot 4) (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Kisser
:ss/togekiss:
Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

I think this togekiss could make for a good last member for the team, as stated we are kind dog water against Hydreigon and I wasn't worried about losing momentum because we have many ways to regain it. Togekiss also provides a nice check Conkeldurr as it can go punished by clicking Facade or Knock Off if it doesn't click the correct move, Why this moveset? Dazzling gleam provides immediate damage on the hydra (and other dragons) as if it gets a Nasty Plot boost air slash wont be enough, Air Slash to check Conkeldurr and yknow...its a Togekiss. Finally I think Twave makes the best option for the last move to provide additional speed control as non of our mons are faster than 105, Kisser is also reliable at paralyzing Nihilego which Chandy LOVES as now we are faster and our hexes sting so much more. If Kiss is chosen I think we can optimize the EV Spread a bit more in the last stage of tweaking the team, but for now I just went with standard max HP max Speed.

:celesteela:
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower / Toxic

This fixes some of the dragons matchup, by notably sitting comfortably on every Mence set other than spa (which shouldnt be an issue w/ king + mamo ) and stomaching scarf hydrei if needed. Its natural bulk allows it to stay on kommo-o and zydog (it can even serve as a pivot into the latter if needed before sending zarude if you cant risk slowking). Mixed def celesteela is also capable of checking most Diggersby sets, Excadrill, Hatterene and non Sub Gyarados, all tremendous issues for the team.
In return it appreciates all of the team members having a way to pressure Slowking (your own futureport counts), but toxic is still a strong option against it ; while also backing up chandelure's hex and helping against Mandibuzz, Moltres and fat Mence.

(no defog but we gotta make sacrifices, ill still value dealing with offensive grounds over defog in this squad)

:ss/noivern:
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost

This team really needs some good Speed control, and Noivern works great for that with its naturally high base Speed. It also acts as a great check to Hydriegon and the other dragons as well as Conkeldurr. Both STABs are used here to hit the dragons and Conkeldurr simultaneously.

cheru

formerly romanji
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I actually got this done in time for once :pimp:

The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 partner options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all partners, the last partner(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, ask me.

A.
by HydreigonTheChild
Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

B.
by TotomonGang
Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

C.
by kino
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower / Toxic

D.
by StarFalcon555
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost

team so far:

cheru

formerly romanji
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Delayed again but whatever :/ The winner for the final slot is…
D>B>A>C
C>A=B=D
B>C=A
C>B>D>A
C=B>A=D
C>A=B=D

:celesteela: by kino

team so far:

You have 2 days to submit any possible changes to the team.

• Love
Reactions: Rae
https://pokepast.es/89b527df1dfb878c

I made mamoswine LO, compressed scarf rocks onto krookodile, and made slowking min speed. LO mamo makes the team more offensive and can more easily beat the opponents once its checks are worn down or statused, dropping rocks allows it to run knock for skarmory, celesteela, rotom-w, and rotom-h. Scarf rocks krookodile > boots zarude as this gives the nessecary speed control to check stuff such as azelf, starmie, and +1 gyarados. It also provides us with another ground type that can play around thundy-t. min speed slowking for speed ties with opposing min speed slowking. Mienshao is poison jab to prevent primarina from getting free switch ins on it and being able to use it as set up fother or take advantage of it with rest talk.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/19cb54cec3886969

Changelog:

• nicknamed all of the mons after songs from MONTERO (this is vv important)
  • changed Chandy's ability to Flame Body to cripple mons like Jirachi that try to be cheeky and U-turn out on it
  • changed Mienshao's item to Choice Scarf for better Speed control
  • gave Slowking 0 Attack and Speed IVs for the same reasons PIF did
  • changed Mamo's Ability to Thick Fat to let it switch in on Flamethrowers from stuff like Azelf and Hydriegon more easily
  • gave Celesteela Toxic to make the Moltres matchup a bit easier on it
Overall a really solid team for our first try! Good job y'all!

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/19cb54cec3886969

Changelog:

• nicknamed all of the mons after songs from MONTERO (this is vv important)
  • changed Chandy's ability to Flame Body for same reasons as PIF
  • changed Mienshao's item to Choice Scarf for better Speed control
  • gave Slowking 0 Attack and Speed IVs for the same reasons PIF did
  • changed Mamo's Ability to Thick Fat to let it switch in on Flamethrowers from stuff like Azelf and Hydriegon more easily
  • gave Celesteela Toxic to make the Moltres matchup a bit easier on it
Overall a really solid team for our first try! Good job y'all!
I didn’t give a reason for Flame Body Chandelure so it would be good to hear why you think so

I think my changes would be halfway through falcon's and pif. I like all of falcon's changes but im a bit unsure on shao, both scarf and av sound very usable here. Also in for thick fat mamo in this squad.
Disagree on scarf Krook on the other hand, the prima mu is bad enough as it is, slowking tp > zarude is our only counterplay and i dont think we can afford less. Boots Rocks Mamo is a weird way to role compress that I'm not a fan of to begin with, but it makes the team way less redundant and opens some matchups (to some extend)

Last edited:

cheru

formerly romanji
Thank you all for the support during the 1st cycle. :heart: Here are a list of changes I put.

Chandelure: Flash Fire --> Flame Body to punish U-turn from Jirachi
Mienshao: Life Orb --> Choice Scarf for better speed control on many threats
Slowking: Changed to min speed
Mamoswine: Oblivious --> Thick Fat to tank Fire hits such as Flamethrower/Fire Blast from Hydreigon and Azelf.
Celesteela: Added Speed creep / Toxic over Flamethrower

final team:

5 days for the first slot of the next cycle

Last edited:
Thank you all for the support during the 1st cycle. :heart: Here are a list of changes I put.

Chandelure: Flash Fire --> Flame Body to punish U-turn from Jirachi
Mienshao: Life Orb --> Choice Scarf for better speed control on many threats
Slowking: Changed to min speed
Mamoswine: Oblivious --> Thick Fat to tank Fire hits such as Flamethrower/Fire Blast from Hydreigon and Azelf.
Celesteela: Added Speed creep / Toxic over Flamethrower

final team:

5 days for the first slot of the next cycle
pssst you forgot to change Mamo's Ability to Thick Fat in the pokepaste

n e wayzzz

:ss/moltres-galar:
Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Agility

Goltres has risen in popularity a lot in the past few weeks, being able to dismantle unprepared teams and shred through tier staples like Conkeldurr, Tapu Bulu, and Slowking if allowed to set up. It's gotten to the point where some people think it's broken, and I think it would be interesting to build around it and see just how strong it is :3

Last edited:
:ss/Nihilego:

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I hyped up Nihilego a lot in my recent post, so let's find it some good partners to help it become a strong metagame force once again!

:ss/Salamence: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost

It has been forgotten from the coming of latias, and hydreigon. Now it is back and is ready to draco bomb the tier and launch hurricanes. It has immense utility, great bulk, and great power.

1637790209468.png

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Now that Latias has been banned and Electric-Types have fallen off usage (besides Thundurus-T), Mandibuzz can finally unleash its potential as a Physical Wall thanks to her utility, and bulk.

cheru

formerly romanji
Voting time (actually on time for once)

The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 partner options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all partners, the last partner(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, ask me.

A.
by StarFalcon555
Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Agility

B.
by Monky25
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Roost

C.
by Celebiii
Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

D.
by HydreigonTheChild
Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost

E.
by Arxtric
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)