Ubers CCAT: Stage 3 - Teammates

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we could use bulk up dialga; if we pair it with kyogre then we have both a kyogre check and a ho-oh check.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Ok so, I used the team and its not gonna work, as I said earlier, we're really weak to Kyogre. GhostCeus isnt good even though he help Deo-A with priority, we did a mistake, we were too centralised on Deo-A. Anyway, I think we should test GrassCeus, here's the set I used some times :

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 144 SDef / 56 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp / Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Enough speed to outrun Ray, enough spd to take ice beam pretty well from Kyogre (unboosted though), the rest is dump in defense so you can take ES from EKceus after 2 turn of SR and wow it.
Maybe ScarfKrom to help with the other MindCeus, Ho-Oh and Scarf/SpecsOgre, and his volt switch can help to bring Deo-A more often. To be honest, I'm still not convinced about Darkrai, they dont share the same counter (yeah, he can setup on Gira-o SS blabla) and it seems he just waste a slot. Maybe its just because our defensive core isnt builded yet.

Can do Roar over SR if you have another poke to use SR, discourages Reshiram and Ho-oh switch ins as well as stopping BU Dialga and any of greedy set up pokes. Additionally, I prefer Judgement over Grass Knot specifically because Iron Barbs(Ferrothorn) adds up fast with hazards and Kyogre especially without Leftovers. Don't know why Grass Knot is contact, but it is :/

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
we could use bulk up dialga; if we pair it with kyogre then we have both a kyogre check and a ho-oh check.
Dialga can't switch in on a specs spout D:.

If we need to check Kyogre and Ho-oh then a Specially Defensive Gira-a will troll both since it cannot be 2HKOed by any of their moves (well unless Ho-oh is band... but... that with a SR weakness is virtually nonexistent IMO). It also scares Groudon out who is basically the most common user of Ground moves so that patches all out problems pretty well.

With a spinblocker and something that can counter Exkiller, I think we can use this guy over Ghostceus since hes basically stealing his role lol.

It causes quite a few switches as well since every thing wants to break the wall because it just won't die D:.

If we do use Grassceus I've been doing quite a bit of testing and I (Don't lol at this) feel Giga Drain is actually a bit superior to Judgment since it enables it to win against specs ogre that predict its switch and try to Ice beam is for the 2HKO. With the recovery from Gdrain, we recover enough HP to avoid the 2HKO and in turn 2HKO Kyogre. I think if Grassceus is used then we should substitute our spin blocker with a Gira-o since it keeps offensive pressure and causes A LOT of switching.

So recapping, replace Ghostceus with Gira-a or use Grassceus over Ghostceus and have a Gira-o to spinblock.

Also this is confusing which pokemon are currently basically set to be on the team again (aside Deo-a)?

EDIT: I meant Timid Specs Ogre not Modest Specs sorry -_-, assuming same rolls happen to same pokes Arceus will live and get that 2HKO

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also this is confusing which pokemon are currently basically set to be on the team again (aside Deo-a)?
I've been using Gira-O/Scarf Zekrom/Grassceus/Forry/Deo-A/Darkrai.

I switched Ghost Arceus because I realized having Palkia alone to check Kyogre isn't really enough, and Zekrom provides an extra Volt Switch user. Gira-O has also been more helpful with Levitate and Priority.

Huge weakness to Reshiram and Sub Ho-Oh is a pain unless you get SR out early, but otherwise it's been doing pretty well.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been using Gira-O/Scarf Zekrom/Grassceus/Forry/Deo-A/Darkrai.
Uh so just curious what are all the other teams everyone tried out for this CCAT?

I've used a combination of Specially defensive Giratina, Physically Defensive Forry, Sub Ho-oh, Support Groudon, Scarf Dialga, and Deo-a with the altered ev-spread to outspeed neutral nature Scarf base 90s.

I swapped out Gira-a to combine Ghostceus and Palkia's roles. I pretty much had a solid defensive core at this point (with 3 pokemon left) so I picked a weather and chose sun. Groudon had to be support since it gave Rocks and I needed that, also can deal with Extremekiller if Gira-a's in bad shape. Ho-oh benefited from Spin support and it's reasonable Special Defense could help it deal with Dragons that annoyed me. I needed a revenge killer and Dialga's resistances IMO where quite handy so I chose it (someone also said Dialga + Ho-oh = good synergy can't remember who though).

The team gets annoyed by Specs Dragons, Sub + CM Gira-o (can't poison it <.< need roar from Gira-a but if its taken too much damage I'm screwed), and opposing Deo-a can counter sweep if Gira-a and Ho-oh are weakened. Heatran = NO I CAN'T TOUCH IT WTH.

If we do use Grassceus I've been doing quite a bit of testing and I (Don't lol at this) feel Giga Drain is actually a bit superior to Judgment since it enables it to win against specs ogre that predict its switch and try to Ice beam is for the 2HKO.
No it doesn't... Modest Ice Beam is still a 2hko with 1 hazard and usually 2hkos without hazards. The bulkiest set you're going to run is 252/132 Calm where Ice Beam does a minimum of 264 versus Giga Drains' max of 204. 444-55(SR/spikes)-264(min ice beam)+102(giga drain)-264=-37. Without hazards this leaves you at 18 HP meaning if Kyogre rolls better than min damage on either attack you're probably dead. With SpecsOgre there's a point where you have to cut your losses, even the best check is going to take a beating against one of its moves.

Currently:: Dialga, Grassceus, Deo-A, Kyogre, Skarm, Excadrill. I'm pretty sure Forry+Tina-O is better than Skarm Exca and I'm gonna mess around with that more later

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Uh so just curious what are all the other teams everyone tried out for this CCAT?

I've used a combination of Specially defensive Giratina, Physically Defensive Forry, Sub Ho-oh, Support Groudon, Scarf Dialga, and Deo-a with the altered ev-spread to outspeed neutral nature Scarf base 90s.

I swapped out Gira-a to combine Ghostceus and Palkia's roles. I pretty much had a solid defensive core at this point (with 3 pokemon left) so I picked a weather and chose sun. Groudon had to be support since it gave Rocks and I needed that, also can deal with Extremekiller if Gira-a's in bad shape. Ho-oh benefited from Spin support and it's reasonable Special Defense could help it deal with Dragons that annoyed me. I needed a revenge killer and Dialga's resistances IMO where quite handy so I chose it (someone also said Dialga + Ho-oh = good synergy can't remember who though).

The team gets annoyed by Specs Dragons, Sub + CM Gira-o (can't poison it <.< need roar from Gira-a but if its taken too much damage I'm screwed), and opposing Deo-a can counter sweep if Gira-a and Ho-oh are weakened. Heatran = NO I CAN'T TOUCH IT WTH.
I've just been using the same team I made in March, except I used Specs Deoxys-A at first.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry for my inactivity, I have been very busy in school and the RMT I am currently working on. I've sent Hugen a compiled list of all the Teammates that were offered so far, and we will work on that as soon as we get in touch.

tbh im just gonna run drown all + deo-a

ill edit this post with how high i get on the ladder

actually i just tested it and i decided to change it (with hugen's help) to something liek

scarfogre / deo-a / ferro / tenta / gira-o / rock arceus

tbh im just gonna run drown all + deo-a

scarfogre / ferro / tenta / gira-o
that's all you need against 80% of the players anyways. Don't see any "testing" there. You probably don't need Deo-A, it coulda been Mewtwo or Offensive Dialga and it would not have mattered.

The idea was to showcase Deo-A in a team and to take advantage of its attacking abilities (180 Atk and SpAtk) but I gotta say I'm disappointed with the outcome. Doesn't surprise me now to see the ladder (or RMT) filled with generic teams.

Nothing personal but you can't deny what I'm pointing out here

nooblikeaboon

Banned deucer.
Ok here is my take on a Deo-A team with spikes support from Forretress.

---
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake/Aura Sphere/Draco Meteor/HP [Fire]

Zekrom @ Haban Berry
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 104 HP / 148 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Focus Blast

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast/Surf
- Outrage

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute/Focus Blast

Deoxys @ Life Orb Trait: Pressure
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Psycho Boost
- Shadow Ball
- Superpower
- Extremespeed
---

This should do the trick. You guys should give it a try. I think i have pretty much all threats covered. You can alter the EV's however you want. Ghostceus could work over Gira-O with the following moveset: WoW, Recover, Judgement, SR/Perish Song/Roar. But i believe Gira-O is the better choice here because it gives extra insurance against Kyogre/Mewtwo/opposing Deo-A.

E-speed Killer Arceus does use foory for Setup fodder though I'ld use it to soften up the Team for SD Ray who does this team in even worse (you need to pray it has outrage and Not DC and Use Giratina to bait it into locking itself in and then have Palkia or Darkrai beat it who lose if they have been weakened a bit due to E-Speed, zekrom could end up Eating an EQ from a Smarter player as they wouldn't risk being locked in is at all possible).

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hugen and I have been working on the team, and we got to one conclusion: this team is fucking hard to make.

This is the version of my team, Hugen also has a Rain version:
Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Def / 36 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Atk / 188 Def / 44 SAtk / 8 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Sneak

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Darkrai @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Spacial Rend
- Outrage

It's not bad, but it's not as good as I'd like it to be. Feel free to share your thoughts!
EDIT: Extremely weak to Sub Ho-oh, can't touch it.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
The thing is building around Deo-A, which isnt a Pokemon to build around but more a Pokemon who help to build around something, make our team really wobbly.

May I recommend wobbuffet? It seems to me that the only thing that deoxys is afraid of is scarfers who revenge it and priority. Wobb traps and eliminates scarfers and setup mons get encored and can help darkrai do some damage, whilst also allowing deoxys to come in for free.

May I also recommend lead dialga (or just some form of dialga), with Stealth rock/roar/draco meteor/fire blast or thunder. It can roar subs out and set up pokemon, whilst covering deoxys's priority nightmare. it also pairs well with giratina as the 2 share fantastic synergy.

sorry if i;m no help at all.

Furai

The thing is building around Deo-A, which isnt a Pokemon to build around but more a Pokemon who help to build around something, make our team really wobbly.
THIS. Completely sums up what I had with Hugen and Theorymon's saying.

May I recommend wobbuffet? It seems to me that the only thing that deoxys is afraid of is scarfers who revenge it and priority. Wobb traps and eliminates scarfers and setup mons get encored and can help darkrai do some damage, whilst also allowing deoxys to come in for free.

May I also recommend lead dialga (or just some form of dialga), with Stealth rock/roar/draco meteor/fire blast or thunder. It can roar subs out and set up pokemon, whilst covering deoxys's priority nightmare. it also pairs well with giratina as the 2 share fantastic synergy.

sorry if i;m no help at all.
I am sure these two would do wonders, the question is over who. I'll try Wobby>Forry and Dialga>Groudon. If that's not what you meant, please do elaborate.

If you dont mind, I will leave those changes in your hands, as you're much better than me at team building and your knowledge of the metagame far eclipses mine. I wouldnt be able to tell you what my changes will do or what weaknesses our team will conjure up. I run a deoxys A on my ubers team (with thunder over shadow ball) and find wobb and dialga wonderful. The other 3 mons are scarf zekrom, skarmory and darkrai (with sub and lefties over focus blast and life orb). its generally not hard too get deo in as zekrom causes alot of switches and can utilise volt switch too bring deoxys in (usually its on ferrothorn). Its probably got a ton of weaknesses but due to my relative lack of experience and pressing time at university, I cant fix them at the moment.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I finally decided that I would get involved with this thing. I kind of chucked together a team and it works reasonably okay for now:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Zekrom @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 SAtk / 56 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Spacial Rend
- Surf

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Arceus @ Silk Scarf / Lum Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball
- ExtremeSpeed

Basic idea is to use Scizor, Zekrom and Deoxys-A to muscle the opponent around for an ExtremeKiller Arceus sweep. I would have used Dialga as the Stealth Rock user, but ExtremeKiller is a douche, so I used Bronzong instead. The Zekrom set is just something I want to test out anyway. This might be leaning towards offensive instead of balanced, but so far, it's been working pretty well. Palkia is a good enough switch-in to Kyogre, IMO, especially if all you're trying to do is nuke the crap out of them with Deo-A. Most sweepers cannot deal with three sets of priority either, so you're *reasonably* safe against opposing offense.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People using mah EV spread

It is nigh impossible to build a team AROUND deo-a but having one in it is far easier.

A few teams with deo-a

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Arceus-Elect (Arceus-Electric) @ Zap Plate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Thunder
- Superpower

Dialga @ Life Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Another Team

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
- ExtremeSpeed
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder
- Superpower

Arceus-Drago (Arceus-Dragon) @ Draco Plate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Counter
- Encore
- Safeguard
- Mirror Coat

Dialga @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Fire Blast

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Another

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
- Outrage
- Overheat
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Spacial Rend
- Aqua Tail

Darkrai @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Dark Void
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Dialga @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

I've found it just works best on heavy or hyper offense teams.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I built a team with Deoxys-A but not as the primary focus. In a nutshell, I utilize lead LO Dialga to set up SR and kill stuff on the go to save as much momentum as needed. Defensive Ghost Arceus is there to deal with those stupid ass priority users who try to kill Deoxys-A. Of course, Deoxys-A is there to wreak havoc firing off Psycho Boosts without care and sniping stuff with ExtremeSpeed. Lastly I have Scarf Ogre to stomp most sun teams and Physical Mixed Palkia to act as a decent Ogre check as well as being really unexpected. Forretress is also there to Spike and Spin but I really havent found spinning that necessary. However, Forretress allows me to Toxic Arceus and allow me to stall it out and kill it with Deoxys ExtremeSpeed. The objective is to maintain momentum and weaken my opponents team by switches and then go in for the kill with Kyogre and let Deoxys-A clean up.

The thing is that this team is not 100% based around Deoxys-A and thats what, IMO, makes it easier to use. This is what I think should be our course of action. From all my efforts and as all the posts in this thread attest to it is nigh on impossible to build a team around Deoxys-A, so we could try to pick a sweeper which Deoxys-A helps.

Furai

Guys, feel free to express your thoughts about the team. I don't want this to be like the Little Cup CCAT where EM and Crux took over the entire team building, so if you have any comment, please suggest it. I am still going to see Hugen though, just so we will have a solid base for our team.

I am also with barry on this, and I really liked Darkrai as a sweeper, because not only that it combines the two most voted Pokemon in the poll, and Darkrai is really awesome, and usually played awfully. This CCAT could bring a massive change to the metagame and tier, so let's get the most out of it!

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's odd, because I usually find Darkrai and Deoxys-A to be an awful pair. Mewtwo can beat both (I use Ice Beam on Deoxys-A so maybe that's why), along with Steel-Arceus, Scarfogre, and now that I think of it, pretty much every Scarfer in the Uber tier. They pretty much fill the same role as an LO attacker, and while Dark Void is cool, I think there are better uses for Darkrai's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)