Ubers CCAT: Stage 3 - Teammates

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Grassceus actually sounds pretty interesting because it is one of the few Pokemon that can stop cold Kyogre, and it also supports Deo-A by burning stuff.

As for SubCM Gira-o: it sounds cool, but I really don't like it because it has no form or recovery which sucks completely. I'd really rather using the mixed one which can take on Mewtwo by far better. It actually sounds like a good option for Terrakion and Deoxys-A because it covers their weaknesses.

More discussion and suggestions please guys, we are getting close to the end!

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Alright, that's what we look so far according to the sayings:
Code:
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Safeguard

Dialga @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SAtk / 140 SDef / 24 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Fire Blast

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
Other Options: Grass Arceus, Giratina-o, Tyranitar

Feel free to test it around and suggest stuff, we're pretty close to the finishline!

I feel like a steel is missing (dragon resist), especially under rain support. If I were to choose someone to replace I'd take out Chomp, but that will leave the team too defensively oriented.

I feel like a steel is missing (dragon resist), especially under rain support. If I were to choose someone to replace I'd take out Chomp, but that will leave the team too defensively oriented.
agreeing with this, powerful dragon moves such as Draco Meteor hits everything in this team really hard

based on your team I'd suggest changing Dialga and Chomp into Steelceus (SR, WoW) and Gira-O. You lose a scarfer but you have deo-a to revenge most non-scarf stuff anyways. Or you could use Jirachi instead of steelceus

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
OK So I just used this team and got cleaned out by a scarf Kyogre <.<, perhaps we need a more solid defensive core (also a way to control the momentum seems crucial, I think Chomp and Dialga make us lose that)?

based on your team I'd suggest changing Dialga and Chomp into Steelceus (SR, WoW) and Gira-O. You lose a scarfer but you have deo-a to revenge most non-scarf stuff anyways. Or you could use Jirachi instead of steelceus
But Dialga was the only thing that ate the spout before it died <.<. I say we re-do a lot of this :P. Jirachi sounds wonderful though to get us back momentum via u-turn.

I think we supress our need for a Ogre switch way too much and should replace something for a grassceus or Palkia. Since Palkia is a great revenge killer I think replacing Chomp for Scarfkia is a good idea...

ALSO A useful checklist to finish evaluation:
-A way to break stall- IMO last stall team I went against with this team 6-0ed me might be better to get something aside deo-a to break stall that doesn't die to a dtail.
-A check to fast sweepers as a backup- Garchomp checks stuff assuming low HP + Dragon or Ground weakness
-A Swords Dance Normal Arceus check- if it runs max speed we all are screwed, Terrakion can try to bluff scarf and get away with it.
-A Kyogre switch-in-.... none? Specs Ogre takes something down everytime it switches in safely for sure though.
-A Psystrike Mewtwo check- Deo-a + Chomp can revenge it.
-A way to check weather teams or other weather effects- We don't have any so... Swift swimmers stopped by Dialga he takes a number from Specs Meteors from Kingdra and the fblast of LUdicolo OHKOes irc but that gets revenged assuming Wobba hasn't taken too much residual damage yet. Espeed of Deo-a can swat it down if its at low hp. I have yet to go against any sun teams... Hope Ho-oh isn't a sub rooster and that it doesnt come in on Chomp EQ or Deo-a Shadow ball, it sadly does harm everything we have if that is the case.

So I say rachi over Dialga and Palkia over Chomp to assuage our defensive core (rachi provides momentum also) but I really don't know how we are fixing the ekiller problem though, and it IS one of the most common pokes in the uber tier.

Stolen from the uber offense guide, Barry4ever gets full credit for this.

Terrakion can't bluff scarf. It has an air balloon.

You know, Gira-A functions as both a Kyogre switch-in and something to shut down the EKiller.

I also am deeply in love with Specially Defensive Skarmory, which is impervious to virtually any amount of setup the EKiller can manage. Also, we have no hazards.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Completely forgot this,

Terrakion can't bluff scarf. It has an air balloon.
So if Ekiller has Brick Break over EQ with max speed everyone's screwed D:.

As much as I'd say Gira-a is a good choice it really loses all momentum. Not only that but then I'd think we'd lose Chomp as a revenge killer which isn't good seeing as this is supposed to be HO, (Terrakion, Deo-a, and chomp are in no way very bulky).

We have hazards (Dialga and SR) but I have a hard time imagining how we would fit skarm over something else.

We could try and fit scarf zekrom on there, it can gain momentum via volt switch, as long as we dont volt switch groudon -_-. it also provides a solid Ho-oH check, as well as revenging psycho killers that fall below 60%, which is just deo A's extremespeed. It also completely owns kyogre and can take a +2 extremespeed with some HP to spare, although it can only do ~50% back....

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Scarf Zekrom can't nicely switch in to a Spec spout (modest ones iirc OHKO with Sr) which was my reasoning to why I reccomended Palkia. Neither however truly stop Ekiller.

We could assuage both problems with Support Grassceus but over what is the question? Wobba helps Terrakion and Deo-a switch. Chomp revenges which is incredibly important to not being swept by Mewtwo or something like that. Kyogre can go but I thought it was supposed to clean up after Terrakion and Deo-a punched holes in the walls that stop him. Dialga provides Rocks crucial to the success of breaking key walls, ex insuring the 2HKO of Lugia and SpD Gira-a when they are hit by Shadow Ball. Also is our only phazer should some CM arceus manage to set up on us and it survive a blow.

At the moment Kyogre seems to be our most expendable guy so it over Grassceus solves those two problems, but I don't want to completely alter the style of the team either... reason being why I perfer a switch to scarfkia.

With ogre gone though Ho-oh also proves troublesome, capable of going on a sweep if Sun gets up and it manages to set up a sub (easier then it sounds), and Grassceus will cry in front of it.

Honestly I think we should restart the teammate phase to sort all the main problems out, but that's just me anyone agree or disagree on this?

Furai

Just noting that this is not a team of my own, it's the team that you guys suggested.

I'm glad to see huge posts here, I'll read all posts once I get home in four hours so I won't suffer reading them from my iPhone.

Furai

According to many opinions here we should restart our Teammates stage, but I disagree with that, not until we try to fix our team at first.

Our weaknesses;
Kyogre, ExtremeKiller Arceus, Mewtwo, Dragon-types

Let's keep this going guys!

I don't think that I need to mention something that has already been noted, but SD Groudon can punch a hole through this team mid-game, with Garchomp being set up on a revenge (which will happen often). Terrakion wouldn't go in on it when it loses its Balloon, and Garchomp's Earthquake can deal only 39% at most. You wouldn't switch in Deoxys-A either, on the chance that it could Dragon Tail or Earthquake.

I think that using Ghost Arceus over Garchomp would easily be the best idea for taking on Groudon and Mewtwo. Put Thunder over Roar on Dialga or else you really won't have a chance against Kyogre.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Make Kyogre Scarfed and dump Garchomp for Ghost Arceus and that should handle most of our weaknesses. Terrakion with Air Balloon handles Extremekiller well enough.

(I still think Life Orb is better though since EKiller never runs max speed and LO gives a truckload of useful power)

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with Fireburn on changes though I think Grassceus would be better since it also is able to switch into Specs Spout (which we lack), but then we'd be forced to use a support variant, not that that's bad but...

HOW IN THE WORLD DO WE HANDLE HO-OH! Sets up sub infront of both Grassceus and Ghostceus and can troll from there (stares at Fireburn's avatar -_-). It takes out terrakion or deblitates Kyogre after that which is :(. Also eats Deo-a's hits o.o. Given we could use Phys. def ghostceus but that shouts unreliable everywhere to my ears.

Can we use either of the giratinas? Giratina O can take on mewtwo and can break ho-ohs subs with dragon tail, and the bulkier one can roar it out, but fares worse against mewtwo.

Also I'm not familiar with garssceus support set, but roar is an option, assuming rocks are on the field, ho-oh loses 50% switching in, then the following happens;

1)It roosts and we roar, basically leaving us at square 1
2) it subs and we roar effectively leaving it at 25%, uanble to switch into stealth rock
3) If it decides too kill grassceus, we can simply revenge it with scarfogre.

Heatran can also be used to deal with Ho-oH, and the 2 share nice synergy, however I don't think heatran is exactly at home on a team that uses rain.

Furai

I really like the suggestions you guys bring up, especially the Ghostceus and Scarf Kyogre.

Feel free to test the team and try to fit in any Pokemon you think that works, and then come back with results!

I will try Fireburn's suggestion, with Life Orb Terrakion as well.

Scarf Terrakion is a better check to Normal-Arceus than Air Ballon, and can revenge-kill pokes like Mewtwo, Normal-Arceus, Darkrai, Dialga, Ferro, etc.
Garchomp sucks in Ubers imo, and Ferrothrorn can fill the Dragon-Weakness and can handle non-Specs Kyogre, replacing him.

Furai

I am sorry for my inactivity, been very busy with C&C and #pokemon challenge.

Anyway, I tested a bit Fireburn's suggestion and the team seems pretty solid; however I am a bit too early to spot on a massive threat.

Keep posting guys, I would like to see more testing results!

I;ve been using mixdra to great success, not alot of teams are prepared for it and it really does a good job. As does shell smash omastar, they all benefit from kyogres rain and have won me some pretty decent games. Thing is that i'm using it over deoxys...

PS am I still the only one doing this? xD

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
You are not? Mixdra / Omastar can go over Terrakion and we can make Ogre Specs (now have revenge killer), but then I'd think that core would more often then not be sweeping teams rather then Deo-a.

Kabutops can function similarly to Omastar, only it has access to Low Kick, which can do truckloads to SpDef Ferro, Ekiller, and Dialga, something other rain sweepers would die for. It can even run Rapid Spin should this team need it to. Its kinda frail, so it too will need Wobb support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)