Ubers CCAT: Stage 3 - Teammates

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm going to give you guys some more hours. I'm going to close the applications at 10AM GMT -5, that should be 8AM for GMT -7s, and 5PM for me. Keep then coming guys!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
1) Calm Mind Ghost Arceus
2) Flame Charge Reshiram
3) Swords Dance Ground Arceus

I could have picked RPGroudon instead of SDGroundceus on the last slot, but personally, I like Groudon to be defensive with Deoxys-A so it can ward off stuff like Extremekiller and Rayquaza. Plus, it helps to be able to take on enemy SD Groundceus, phazing it till the end of the game where Deoxys-A can pick it off (SD Groundceus is generally an annoying threat to sun teams because it has virtually no weaknesses (the sun covers its water weak, and there is only a few users of strong Ice and Grass moves)).

I generally preferred the bulkier choices here as I'm not sure how a team with Deoxys-A + another frail sweeper could turn out.

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We currently have 12 votes. Gonna leave this up for exactly 50 more minutes. Keep it up guys.

Furai

Alright, sweeper votes are closed!

I'm going to sum up the votes right now, this post is going to be editted in a second.

EDIT: Alright, here are te results!

3rd place: SD Arceus Dragon - 8 points

2nd place: Darkrai and Flame Charge Reshiram - 9 points

1st place: Double Dance Terrakion! - 10 points

Now we move on to Pokemon who benefit from Deo-A's support (well, and support back), and support our sweeper, Double Dance Terrakion.

Let's go!

Tyranitar this thing will boost terrakions special defence under sand and can help in eliminating the great wall known as giratina, who otherwise cripples terrakion with a burn.

darkrai is in the same boat as tyranitar, but cant stop it switching out via pursuit.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
We NEED HAZARDS ROAR (INSANE PUN FAILURE), need I say more <.<. I really have a hard time thinking of a partner that benefits both though... Dialga gets Stealth Rock and wipes the floor with Giratina-o who annoys both so yeah?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wobbuffet, anyone? Without Wobb support, Terrakion is going to find it pretty hard to set up. Deoxys-A is going to find it pretty hard to switch in, too.

Grass Arceus could give a reliable switch in to Scarf Palkia and Scarf Kyogre, who both would threaten Terrakion and Deo-A.

Furai

Don't convince me guys, it's a discussion! I'm all open for suggestions, but I don't want it too be weather dependant. I mean, Groudon can be in the team, but I don't want us to suddenly put Solar Beam on Deo-A (for example, idc if Deo-A doesn't get Solar Beam).

I'm against Tyranitar to be honest. Deoxys is already as frail as paper, and Sandstorm recoil is just going to limit its time on the field. Sure, it's an awesome partner and all, but Tyranitar's ability sucks for Deo-A.

Let's get this discussion going!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
On the other hand, Deoxys-A's frailness has very little to do with how much it takes from residual damage alone (it dies to every single non Rapid Spin hit anyways x_x). Other non sand immune Pokemon holding a Life Orb would suffer the same fate as Deoxys-A. My biggest issue with Tyranitar would be how it shares too many weaknesses with Terrakion, and adding on Deoxys-A's frailty could leave the team unable to cover most threats.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wobbuffet, anyone? Without Wobb support, Terrakion is going to find it pretty hard to set up. Deoxys-A is going to find it pretty hard to switch in, too.
that, and some sort of defensive arceus, grass, steel, or ghost; provides a solid backbone to a multitude of threats such as ekiller, kyogre, and can spinblock whilst maintaining decent offensive pressure.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that, and some sort of defensive arceus, grass, steel, or ghost; provides a solid backbone to a multitude of threats such as ekiller, kyogre, and can spinblock whilst maintaining decent offensive pressure.
This. Also though Jibaku is right in saying residual damage hardly matters, assuming 2 SR switch ins +LO recoil + Sandstorm residual damage, Deoxys will die in 5 turns. That's pretty bleak imo.

About Double Dance Terrakion, we definitely need something to take on Groudon and to a slightly lesser extent Lugia with impunity. Both double over laughing at Terrakion and can kill him (Earthquake) or phaze. I suggest we try out RestTalk Kyogre:

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Walks all over Groudon, beats Darkrai, most CM Arceus, Chansey, Blissey, can also work well as an endgame Pokemon. Terrakion can smash Ferrothorn (still cant switch into it) and Dialga.

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if we're using resttalk kyogre (which i'm an advocate of), this looks to me like it's going to be a pretty balanced team; now, i'd either recommend

Support Dialga

Dialga @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 92 SpA / 140 SpD / 24 Spe (Can be tweaked, more speed for lead groudon; more SpA for or whatever) IIirc these are just taken from drown all
Stealth Rock
Roar / Dragon Tail / Thunder(my personal preference is roar)
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast (f u ferro, also lets you 2hko lead 0 SpD groudon)

or your standard ubers ferrothorn with spikes and sr, whose set is obvious and i can't be fucked to list out.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've been saying RestTalk Kyogre the whole time, and continue my support for it. With Deoxys-A and Terrakion around, Chansey and Dialga simply have no chance of walling it.

I'm also liking support Dialga, but why more Speed for lead Groudon? I have never seen a non-Sweeper set running more than 4 EVs in Speed. Come to think of it, I've also never seen a support Dialga running more than 4 EVs either.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been saying RestTalk Kyogre the whole time, and continue my support for it. With Deoxys-A and Terrakion around, Chansey and Dialga simply have no chance of walling it.

I'm also liking support Dialga, but why more Speed for lead Groudon? I have never seen a non-Sweeper set running more than 4 EVs in Speed. Come to think of it, I've also never seen a support Dialga running more than 4 EVs either.
Its to surely outspeed Lead Support Groudon and 2HKO it with Fire Blast.

if we're using resttalk kyogre (which i'm an advocate of), this looks to me like it's going to be a pretty balanced team; now, i'd either recommend

Support Dialga

Dialga @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 92 SpA / 140 SpD / 24 Spe (Can be tweaked, more speed for lead groudon; more SpA for or whatever) IIirc these are just taken from drown all
Stealth Rock
Roar / Dragon Tail / Thunder(my personal preference is roar)
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast (f u ferro, also lets you 2hko lead 0 SpD groudon)
Need Roar else Ho-oh comes in and says Trolololol since you can't break its subs with Dragon Tail and if its coming in Thunder probably has 50% accuracy.

Furai

So far it seems were leaning towards the rain version of the team.
Sounds pretty neat, and it also fits our team style Bulky Offense.

Keep them teammates coming, the more the better!

I'd say we're in need of some sort of scarfer, perhaps having to forgo wobbuffet in order to cover dd-ray (ekiller is more often than not covered by terrakion), i suggest scarf garchomp, as it also helps deal with an opposing scarf palkia and provides a nice electric immunity; alternate options would be: ice beam over CM on kyogre, lugia (not really in favour of).

Is Grassceus a go? It can run Ice Beam to deal with Rayquaza, as well as deal with Palkia and Groudon. It can wall Gira-O very well too. Well then again, Rayquaza can only set up on Kyogre provided Scald doesn't burn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)