SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

Weird… I’m pretty sure l’ve battled every Trainer in Paldea and Kitakami, and I got the rewards for doing the Ogre Clan quest, too. Guess I should do a run around Kitakami later and see if any Trainers are active again?

I got the Ogre Clan and the "defeat y number of trainers in the area" side quests sorted so I am good, but I am wondering if it's known if rematch fights like the Academy Tournament's counted towards that number. So glad my inability to be bothered with most of the NPC trainers that weren't "elites" actually saved me from that.

I got the Ogre Clan and the "defeat y number of trainers in the area" side quests sorted so I am good, but I am wondering if it's known if rematch fights like the Academy Tournament's counted towards that number. So glad my inability to be bothered with most of the NPC trainers that weren't "elites" actually saved me from that.
Story Based battles and Academy Ace Tournament etc are unaffected and don't count towards it. It only affects the random trainers around the regions.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Something I'm kind of surprised people haven't mentioned yet on this thread- while it seems to work a bit differently than in Platinum and B2W2, the famous wild Level 100 Magikarp seems to have made a return in this DLC expansion. This seems to apply to all Magikarp in Kitakami, but there's a spot near the Fellhorn Gorge that a few players have already hunted for one of these. Apparently someone even found a Shiny Level 100 Magikarp a couple days ago and their post about it went viral. Aside from this, the naturally spawning Tera Grass Lampent at Level 86 seems to be the highest level of any wild Pokémon in the game so far, although I wouldn't be surprised if The Indigo Disk tried to one-up this at some point.

I'm interested to see if there's any stories you guys have about high-levelled wild Pokémon in this DLC. I believe this to be an error on Serebii's part, but assuming this was true, the level ceilings for many of the Pokémon in this DLC might be higher than we thought. Case in point: https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kitakami/index.shtml

I find this information interesting, since the individual encounter tables for each area have all of the correct Pokémon as well as what I'm assuming are the levels for all the Pokémon before the postgame scaling takes effect. Again, this data may be wrong on Serebii's part, but I find the level data for the Timeless Woods especially interesting since apparently there's also the possibility of finding wild Pokémon upwards of Level 90, and by extension a shot at a Level 100 Snorlax. I doubt this is actually true, though.

Something I'm kind of surprised people haven't mentioned yet on this thread- while it seems to work a bit differently than in Platinum and B2W2, the famous wild Level 100 Magikarp seems to have made a return in this DLC expansion. This seems to apply to all Magikarp in Kitakami, but there's a spot near the Fellhorn Gorge that a few players have already hunted for one of these. Apparently someone even found a Shiny Level 100 Magikarp a couple days ago and their post about it went viral. Aside from this, the naturally spawning Tera Grass Lampent at Level 86 seems to be the highest level of any wild Pokémon in the game so far, although I wouldn't be surprised if The Indigo Disk tried to one-up this at some point.

I'm interested to see if there's any stories you guys have about high-levelled wild Pokémon in this DLC. I believe this to be an error on Serebii's part, but assuming this was true, the level ceilings for many of the Pokémon in this DLC might be higher than we thought. Case in point: https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kitakami/index.shtml

I find this information interesting, since the individual encounter tables for each area have all of the correct Pokémon as well as what I'm assuming are the levels for all the Pokémon before the postgame scaling takes effect. Again, this data may be wrong on Serebii's part, but I find the level data for the Timeless Woods especially interesting since apparently there's also the possibility of finding wild Pokémon upwards of Level 90, and by extension a shot at a Level 100 Snorlax. I doubt this is actually true, though.
Serebii's pokeearth post-game listings are definitely with errors. Or at least the Timeless Woods specifically.
Source: Me
I have no idea what's wrong wit hserebii's Pokeearth because none of those post-game timeless woods encounter levels are right. The Trevenant is level 75, the snorlax is level 76, I think the Toedscruel is 73.
Honestly makes me think that Lampent being so high leveled was an error on Gamefreak's part. I hope they don't get rid of it though, it's so iconic now

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Ogerpon is cute, sweet and misunderstood. And my favourite of the new legends.

What are people’s opinions on the loyal 3? In terms of design or anything else - do you prefer one over the others or anything?

Honestly I think Fezandipiti is my favourite of the 3. Really, Okidogi just looks like a Zarude on steroids, felt a lil lazy to me - despite being seemingly the defacto leader of the 3. Munkidori seemed to be forced by the others into battling the player. I should like Munkidori more - its got blue/black which tend to go well together and I tend to like fast attacking mons - but I just kind of hate it, it just looks kinda too goofy to be threatening. I really like Fezandipiti of the three, easily the best design and unlike the other two with the unnatural scarf and headband the toxic chain it has is well integrated with the design. I also have kinda liked GF recently including bird themed Pokemon that aren’t actually Flying type, e.g Espathra (used on first playthrough).

What are people’s opinions on the loyal 3? In terms of design or anything else - do you prefer one over the others or anything?
warmed up a lot to okidogi, the tongue out animation is just so goofy i love it. munki is a big fave and so is fezandipiti, but munkidori probably wins just because pokemon primates are really fun to me. I like how it laughs at you as a cry

In terms of design, I like Fezandipiti the most easily, in part because it straddles a line between looking elegant enough for its fake hero role and sketchy enough for a rogue as it's later revealed (to the point if this had been the approach for all 3 I could have maybe seen the legend as a twist working a bit better).

In terms of playstyle, Munkidori is the one I'm most interested in there, because I think things like Venoshock/Hex or even U-Turn lets it make the most interesting use of Toxic Chain, vs Fezandipiti where it's literally all this thing can seem to do, or Okidogi who just feels like your usual bulky attacker with this thrown in. Psychic/Poison also feels like the type I'm most interested to try on this kind of Mon, being the other users are the defensively inclined Galarian Slow-evos, while Fezandipiti kind of intersects Galarian Weezing as a Defensive Utility Poison/Fairy and Okidogi intersects the already-offense-based Toxicroak and Sneasler (in very broad strokes I know given their statlines, but nonetheless). Munkidori is the one with a playstyle that's most unique both in what it is and what precedent we have for it as an overall kit.

I always liked Okidogi from the jump but seeing the animations in game made him better. I love that scarf twirl! Especially when you get to see that he has a big fluffy tail; it's kind of obscured by the rest of his body in the artwork.

Munkidori I warmed up to significantly more after seeing it in game.

Fezendipiti is just a nice design. I think it's fun that he is also a guy? Would have been easy to just pigeon hole it into being The Girl, if they were to be gendered. Is a shame that statistically its the most mediocre.

I think it’s great that they used the group’s magenta accents to gave Munkidori the typical baboon ass, lol. That little bit of humor tucked into the design of the scheming, clever one of the bunch really sold me on it.

I'd definitely have to go with Fezandipiti. I'm pretty tired of mammalian designs, I like that it emphasizes the damage-over-time aspect with a defensive spread (though Venoshock builds on Munki do deserve some credit), and it feels more of a Poison/Fairy than Weezing-Galar does (and I also keep forgetting about Galar mons in general so Fezan feels more unique than it actually is).

I thought that the Loyal Three weren't really that villainous in person as I was expecting their role to be in the plot. Sure they fought Ogerpon at first, but I think it's a fair reaction after their last memory is getting killed in battle by them and they seem pretty chill with the townspeople. Afterwards they just took the masks that Ogerpon wasn't using, ate the food offered to them, and just stood around being large until they were defeated. I did wonder how they knew to go to Kitakami Hall for the masks in the first place though, and I wondered if they were more idealized recreations based on Kieran's idea of them being thieves from the story.

I thought that the Loyal Three weren't really that villainous in person as I was expecting their role to be in the plot. Sure they fought Ogerpon at first, but I think it's a fair reaction after their last memory is getting killed in battle by them and they seem pretty chill with the townspeople. Afterwards they just took the masks that Ogerpon wasn't using, ate the food offered to them, and just stood around being large until they were defeated. I did wonder how they knew to go to Kitakami Hall for the masks in the first place though, and I wondered if they were more idealized recreations based on Kieran's idea of them being thieves from the story.
I'm guessing they returned to the plaza where they died since that's where the masks were and then (probably Munkidori figuring all this out) stole them, grabbed all the food offered (50/50 on if they thought this would power them up) and split.

They're opportunistic thieves so they're probably not going to rock the boat when they don't have to, but also wouldn't care about any collateral

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I looooove Fezandipiti. I've always been that person who enjoys Articuno the most out of the Kantonian Bird trio, and Fezandipiti scratches that itch of being a more elegant legendary design that I loved both Articuno forms for. Unfortunately, it is also going the way of Articuno competitively but I guess that's just the cost for being good-looking.

I mean they also were the aggressors in the backstory and have blood on their hands that Ogerpon was seeking retribution for. They scatter because you show up and smack one of them, but who's to say they'd still leave Ogerpon alone after becoming Titan sized? The Townspeople not mentioning that and Carmine being surprised makes me think this is both recent and not normal for the trio even in the legend, do how long until 1 or all of them think "hey, I'm huge, let me try beating up that Ogre for the mask we were after again"

Fezandipiti is my favorite pre- and post-release. Okidogi was one of the few Pokemon designs I outright disliked pre-release due to looking like a Bluey character on steroids (or toxins in this case), but he looks a lot more natural in-game. Munkidori is whatever.

I looooove Fezandipiti. I've always been that person who enjoys Articuno the most out of the Kantonian Bird trio, and Fezandipiti scratches that itch of being a more elegant legendary design that I loved both Articuno forms for. Unfortunately, it is also going the way of Articuno competitively but I guess that's just the cost for being good-looking.
Don't sign it off just yet.

The combination of Toxic Chain, solid typing and special bulk, and a combo of Tailwind, Icy Wind and Dazzling Gleam may actually be enough to let it have VGC usage.

Not necessarly a mainstay or anything but it's unironically the only one of the 3 that may actually be viable in the actual official format.

I really wish the Loyal 3 had the typical 570/580 BST for legendary trios. They could have benefitted from those extra points.

Imagine Munki having more speed or special attack, or Oki having more bulk, or Fenz having a better speed or attacking stat.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
So Ogerpon is cute, sweet and misunderstood. And my favourite of the new legends.

Honestly I think Fezandipiti is my favourite of the 3. Really, Okidogi just looks like a Zarude on steroids, felt a lil lazy to me - despite being seemingly the defacto leader of the 3. Munkidori seemed to be forced by the others into battling the player. I should like Munkidori more - its got blue/black which tend to go well together and I tend to like fast attacking mons - but I just kind of hate it, it just looks kinda too goofy to be threatening. I really like Fezandipiti of the three, easily the best design and unlike the other two with the unnatural scarf and headband the toxic chain it has is well integrated with the design. I also have kinda liked GF recently including bird themed Pokemon that aren’t actually Flying type, e.g Espathra (used on first playthrough).
As much as I enjoy the fact we finally have some proper Poison-Type legendaries not named Eternatus or Poipole/Naganadel (I personally still count Ultra Beasts in this), I think their designs and theming is just kind of… there, I guess. Fezandipiti in particular I would honestly argue is my least favorite of the three, but it’s hard to say who I “like” the most.

Their designs are different enough from each other that, despite "Three" being in the group's name, it wasn't until after I beat the story that I realized that they count as a legendary trio.

Also I like that they unintentionally line up with three of the most common archetypes for high school boys in TV shows/movies: jocks, nerds, and theater kids

I would probably have considered Okidogi to be the best designed of the three if Incineroar and Zarude didn't exist, but they do and so Okidogi just looks too much like a fusion of the two. I don't care for the tongue hanging out all the time, either. For that reason I overall preferred Fezandipiti, whose typing I also like best (though I was hoping it was going to be poison/fighting so that we'd have another fighting type bird).

I do not like Munkidori's design, but the typing is nice.

I'm looking forward to seeing what dokutaro looks like, assuming there's more to it than the doll at Peachy's.

Fun fact: if dokutaro turns out to be poison/ghost, then Okidogi is only mon of the loyal 3 + master who didn't break a unique type combination

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would probably have considered Okidogi to be the best designed of the three if Incineroar and Zarude didn't exist, but they do and so Okidogi just looks too much like a fusion of the two. I don't care for the tongue hanging out all the time, either. For that reason I overall preferred Fezandipiti, whose typing I also like best (though I was hoping it was going to be poison/fighting so that we'd have another fighting type bird).

I do not like Munkidori's design, but the typing is nice.

I'm looking forward to seeing what dokutaro looks like, assuming there's more to it than the doll at Peachy's.

Fun fact: if dokutaro turns out to be poison/ghost, then Okidogi is only mon of the loyal 3 + master who didn't break a unique type combination.
Spoilers please..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)