Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

I hope they at least give Gliscor Toxic; it's a fucking Scorpion with a poison related ability, and naturally learns like three Poison moves.

It makes far more thematic sense for it to have Toxic than Landorus or Heatran.

tbfh keeping Spore users away from a consistent strong priority move sounds like a pretty deliberate choice there.

I hope they at least give Gliscor Toxic; it's a fucking Scorpion with a poison related ability, and naturally learns like three Poison moves.
Honestly, unless the actual wide distribution of pre gen 8 returns (i sure hope not), I think just going off BDSP learnset is a good indicator of who'd get it.
(Spoilers: not Gliscor)

tbfh keeping Spore users away from a consistent strong priority move sounds like a pretty deliberate choice there.

Honestly, unless the actual wide distribution of pre gen 8 returns (i sure hope not), I think just going off BDSP learnset is a good indicator of who'd get it.
(Spoilers: not Gliscor)
I'm not gonna be upset if that's the case, I just think it's a little off-base.

Poison adjacent Pokemom should get it as opposed to everyone. Like how Will-O-Wisp can be learned by Ghost types despite being a Fire type move.

For the American side of things that seems to be about the normal time for these kind of updates
Probably around 8 PM EST

Did you know that defeating regular wild Pokemon gives you League Points? I don't even mean by fighting the tera Pokemon or selling the materials you collect, just defeating anything, even in Let's Go mode or not, gives you about 50-400 League Points depending on the level. Despite all the spammy guides that come up when you search for ways to get League Points, no site seems to know about this simple method.

Speaking of League Point earning methods, a while back I found that you can actually walk out of some of the Team Star bases while doing Star Training and I may as well document it here after backing up my photos. You can't go very far out or you get teleported back in but you can walk around near the bounds of the play area. Pressing A on the doorbell makes a prompt noise but does nothing. Tera Raid crystals look transparent with no colour but I couldn't get close enough to interact with one.

In the Fire base you can fall off a cliff and land on the other side of the entrance gate.
1694184902074.png
2023010415055600-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

In the Fairy base, you can just walk on this big hill and get outside the gates.
2023010415271000-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Here are some transparent raid crystals as you can see on the minimaps.
2023010415353900-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg
2023010415353300-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

2023010415461300-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

2023010415463101-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Overall these rematches also give a good chunk of LP, but doing them twice in a row cuts your earnings down so you can't just grind in the same place very effectively.
2023010415242600-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

How do we define strong and consistent, for the record? Grassy Glide requiring a terrain might be one knock against it, and Breloom already has a pretty good Technician Mach Punch on a potentially more threatening type (I know Grassy Glide scales higher since it has more BP and inherent terrain boosting). The thing about keeping Spore mons slow is they usually look for ways to keep Spore itself slow moreso than the Mon itself (Brute Bonnet has Sucker Punch for one introduced just this Gen).

I don't know if this is a Gen 8 VGC difference since Grassy Glide might dominate more than the previous Tapu VGC's resulting in Terrain Roulette (unsure if that was a thing in SwSh with Rillaboom joining the fray), but even then, Rillaboom gets away with it as his own setter while others need the teammate, so the power on him isn't as direct an influence on other users.

https://sv-news.pokemon.co.jp/ja/page/126.html
Patch notes are out on the Japanese news site for the upcoming Version 2.0.1.

New features include fixing the field minimap to face north, all the new camera features, adding a TM Machine filter for moves a Pokemon can learn, fixing the incorrect move descriptions and the Itemfinder Mark, respawning the wild titans if defeated, and box icons.

EDIT: Also they added some options for the overworld camera too.

Last edited:
Where can i find the patch notes?
Patch Notes:
https://en-americas-support.nintend...ail/a_id/60277/kw/pokemon scarlet update#v201
(link kinda borked just copypaste it)

You will now be able lock the mini map that appears while you are out in the field so that up is always north. You can do this by pressing the Right Stick twice while you have the map app open to select the App and mini maps locked setting.
Camera settings have been added to the Options menu. These settings will let you adjust how the camera works while you are out in the field.
We have added a feature that allows you to signal a Pokémon accompanying you in the field to stop and wait where it is. To give this signal, press the Left Stick.
You can now take pictures by pressing the A Button in the camera app.
You can now play music by pressing the ZL Button or ZR Button while the camera app is open. You may find that Pokémon accompanying you in the field and people around you will react to the music.
While using the Union Circle, Trainers can now share photos they have taken with the camera app during that Union Circle session with the friends they are playing with.
We have added a feature to TM Machines that allows you to filter for moves your Pokémon can learn. By interacting with a TM Machine and selecting the option to filter for learnable moves, you will be able to display only TMs containing moves that a specific Pokémon can learn.

Pressing A to take pictures is a much needed change compared to just hiding the UI and manually taking a snapshot.

The new Camera Distance option isn't actually new and fulfills the exact same purpose as hitting the right stick to change the camera distance, and you can tell because the camera zoom doesn't change if you use the right stick and then set the option to the same distance. The option also doesn't necessarily reflect the current state of the camera because of this, because you can have it say "Far", but if you hit the right stick it becomes Close in practice and the option itself doesn't update to reflect this.

The new camera music is fully comprised of Johto references, playing the Pokemon March, Johto Wild Battle, and Pokemon Lullaby, with original arrangements.

While getting worn down through random fights in the DLC with my underleveled campaign team, I ended up noticing that I hadn't used a Pokemon Center in so long that my box mons were damaged, and the oldest example I had was the raid Greninja from January still at 1 HP from its capture. I think this goes to show how SV's postgame activities leave you rather self sufficient compared to the campaign despite being in the same open world, since raids, picnics, and the Academy Ace Tournament automatically set participating mons to full health, and so the only things left to inflict permanent damage are wild battles which are usually not very threatening, though the DLC seems to be scaling those up pretty well.

1694738182981.png

I am genuinely curious how high the levels in Indigo Disk are going to get. Wild pokemon in kitakami can breach 70 and the wild teras can get to the mid 80s. Lot of "end game" post game levels on the trainers are mid-to-late 70s

Will we just have level 80s out in the wild? Just throw a level 100 tera at us??
Everyone in their mid70s for normie trainers, then mid80s for bosses? Dare we see level 90 trainers...

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I am genuinely curious how high the levels in Indigo Disk are going to get. Wild pokemon in kitakami can breach 70 and the wild teras can get to the mid 80s. Lot of "end game" post game levels on the trainers are mid-to-late 70s

Will we just have level 80s out in the wild? Just throw a level 100 tera at us??
Everyone in their mid70s for normie trainers, then mid80s for bosses? Dare we see level 90 trainers...
According to Serebii's Pokearth fixed spawns are 45 Levels higher at some point. (probably after beating the base game.) The top right area has the highest Levels and they would be normal looking Levels for late game if it weren't for gaining the massive buff, but there's no Level 100 Tera Pokemon. The Tera Normal Trevenant is only Level 99. :P There is a Level 100 normal Snorlax though.

I haven't played the DLC and can't double check in game, so please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Edit: Thanks for correcting me.

Last edited:
According to Serebii's Pokearth fixed spawns are 45 Levels higher at some point. (probably after beating the base game.) The top right area has the highest Levels and they would be normal looking Levels for late game if it weren't for gaining the massive buff, but there's no Level 100 Tera Pokemon. The Tera Normal Trevenant is only Level 99. :P There is a Level 100 normal Snorlax though.

I haven't played the DLC and can't double check in game, so please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.
I have no idea what's wrong wit hserebii's Pokeearth because none of those post-game timeless woods encounter levels are right. The Trevenant is level 75, the snorlax is level 76, I think the Toedscruel is 73.

I wanted to find out how many trainers you would have to fight in the game for this to affect you, since there's not really a good way to keep track of how many you've fought in the game aside from this bug.

Serebii lists 271 trainers in Paldea on Pokearth while MapGenie lists 277 and game8 lists 260. MapGenie seems be the most accurate map since it has a screenshot of every corresponding trainer.
1695240487687.png
1695239846350.png

Notably Serebii's map is missing 2 icons in Tagtree Thicket for Malak the Student and Pol the Courier, but MapGenie lists both Nemona 1 and 2 and the 2 Team Star grunts as icons which can probably be excluded as story battles. This puts us at parity with 273 overworld trainers in the base game.

In terms of DLC trainers, MapGenie isn't complete but Serebii lists 27 standard trainer icons, which reaches exactly 300 before the 8 Ogre Clan trainers, though I'm not sure if the final one counts as a standard trainer so we can assume you have room for 300/307 battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)