OU CCAT - Round 7 - Revision

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting has ended, and the winner is: Stealth Rock Terrakion!

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Round 5 Submissions begin!

Rules / Reminders:
  • Submissions end 3 days from now at 8:00 PM GMT -5.
  • There are no more slashes on Pokemon sets. Different slashes can take a team in different directions.
  • You will be unable to change the submission in anyway after the deadline until the revision rounds. So if there are any suggested changes for your set (moves, EV's, etc.) do it before the submission deadline!
  • Refer back to the OP for the main rules, format, and reminders.
  • When you submit your set, think about how it contributes to the function of the team. Also think about what direction you believe the team should go, and reflect that in the submitted set.
  • Don't just let submissions be the only contribution to this round!
  • The team is now in the OP. Sets are on the bottom of the OP.

TGMD

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TGMD you definitely made a mistake when counting, CB Dragonite has the most votes with a big difference.
No it doesn't. Recount them, I've like quadruple checked, lol.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
People that voted for CB Dragonite as first choice: 13
People that voted for SR Terrakion as first choice: 4

People that voted for CB Dragonite as second choice: 2
People that voted for SR Terrakion as second choice: 13

I don't know what the system for counting votes is, but with most counting systems that i know CB Dragonite wins.

EDIT: Oh sorry i thought that the votes were in order of preference, my bad.

Last edited:

TGMD

People that voted for CB Dragonite as first choice: 13
People that voted for SR Terrakion as first choice: 4

People that voted for CB Dragonite as second choice: 2
People that voted for SR Terrakion as second choice: 13

I don't know what the system for counting votes is, but with most counting systems that i know CB Dragonite wins.
This voting system is just the overall number of votes at the end, there's no first or second choice. Terrakion has the most votes overall, so it wins.

So looking at the team were still kinda weak to rainspam, miss a spinblocker, Keldeo is still a problem, sun teams are still problematic, Slightly Alakazam weak, and we lack our own revenge killer.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute

CM Latias, only set that doesn't lose to everything that is paired with keldeo. Beats out most stuff on sun teams as well.

Considered Reflect Type Latias, but that is situational and doesn't fit curing the team's weakness to rain, keldeo, sun etc.

Perhaps a scarf Gengar or something as 6th team slot would work, but that might make the team pursuit weak.

Last edited:

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
lando-t / rotom-w / lurerachi / srterrak

Alright, so right now I definitely think we have trouble with quite a few things. Dragonite would have definitely help quite a bit over Terrakion in this spot due to our sun weakness. But I believe you can always re-nominate, but I guess i'll leave that too somebody else; as we did need Stealth Rock sometime anyway. But looking at the team right now I can already tell we have a bit of a problem with CM Latias as Jirachi can't paralyze it and cripple it too the point where it can then Iron Head it, unless it gets lucky with a Thunderbolt, but under Substitute it won't have nearly as much a problem. We don't really have a safe way to stop it that well, and thats just one of the things that we currently have a problem with NP Celebi. At the moment we really don't have a way to even handle them remotely, and those that carry HP Ice can rip the team up at the moment very well. As a side note, we also would appreciate something that can give the team some speed, as it is rather slow at the moment. So with these select main problems I think we can definitely fit room in our last 2 spots to make sure we can cover these threats. So for my nomination I will be selecting:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Psyshock

A different variant of Latias, specifically one that can be a bit more offensive so it actually can handle Sun along with a bunch of other additional sweepers. The set I propose is a Thunder Wave variant, as not only can it use that to full effectiveness, especially with the speed this metagame heads at, but because of how it can basically shut down so many sweepers. Calm Mind is nice, yes, but I don't feel it "fits" the team too much, especially considering it can't really beat sun that much considering how common Volcorona, Sleep Powder Venusaur, and Scarf Jirachi are. Latias fits the team very well and it definitely fixes up a majority of the problems that the team does face, specifically Keldeo, Sun, and Celebi. Nysyr is definitely on the right track with Latias, but I just don't feel the set is the right one we should be using. This set may be a bit less bulky, but it is more strong and does manage to offensively check quite a bit more. We're also not using a weather atm, which makes it all the better to use.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
^I don't especially like that Latias set, as it is extremely easy to trap it with Tyranitar or Scizor. Thunder Wave is quite nice indeed, and lets you deal with Sun teams more easily, but then your best Keldeo check gets owned by Scizor on a Rain team or Tyranitar, which are common partners to Keldeo, so yeah...

Obviously the team is pretty weak to Sun and Rain, and I'd say Sun is the biggest problem out of the two since Rotom-W is a pretty solid check to a lot of Rain threats. People have suggested a Choice Band Dragonite in the past, which is a pretty good fix to these issues. However I think there can be a better Dragonite set for this team:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 SAtk / 80 Atk / 176 Spd
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Roost

The old DPP mixed Dragonite is surprisingly effective right now and I feel like it fits this team perfectly. It does pretty well against Sun teams like most Dragonite sets, and can act as a solid Rain check thanks to Roost and good Special bulk. It also resist both Water and Fighting so it makes for a pretty good check against Choiced Keldeo, providing Dragonite is healthy of course. I think that the main selling point for that set is that it can break down walls for Landorus-T so easily and effectively. Very little is able to avoid a 2HKO from its attacks and since a Special Dragonite is an uncommon sight in BW, it will tend to lure in the physical walls that Landorus-T hates, and smash them with the appropriate move. Skarmory switch ins are fairly easy to predict which will result in them getting roasted by Fire Blast, and stuff like Slowbro take a lot of damage from Draco Meteor.

The EVs are for outspeeding any Adamant Breloom since Dragonite is a fairly solid counter and you don't wanna get Spored. max Special Attack for big Draco Meteors and rest in attack to power up Superpower a bit I guess. A Mild nature is preferred since Dragonite's special bulk is much more important when it comes to deal with Sun/Rain teams etc..

TGMD

OK time's up everyone. I know I'm late, but I wanted to give some extra time so we'd have more than 3 submissions, but oh well. Here are the candidates:

CM Latias
LO Tank Latias
LO Mixed Dragonite

To review the sets please scroll up. I'd usually include a pastebin link with all the sets, but there's only 3 and they're all directly after eachother on the same page, so lol.

Everyone gets 2 votes. You must use all of your votes. Your votes must be on separate submissions.

Deadline is 2 days from now.

you can vote for your own set

Scotti

we back.
LO Mixed Dragonite
CM Latias

Sorry PDC if only you did Reflect Type Latias.

EDIT: Just from looking at the first four votes i can conclude that Dragonite is going to win. Why? because no one wants to vote for 2 Latias.

Last edited:

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Reflect Type Latias is supar, seriously. It is not as good as everybody apparently thinks it is.

LO Mixed Dragonite
LO Latias

TGMD

EDIT: Just from looking at the first four votes i can conclude that Dragonite is going to win. Why? because no one wants to vote for 2 Latias.
No offence, but that logic makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If someone thinks Latias is the best option why wouldn't they vote for both of them? People are voting for the 2 they want to win the most, or whatever's the best strategy to make their first preference win, which is basically not voting for the one in second place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)