np: UU - The Boys Are Back in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
I met Slowbro and Miltank... who easily walled me lol.
I lost 3 times because of them.
Spiritomb, Rotom and Mismagius are't that much of a problem(since i have many speedy pokes and Swellow can take Spiritomb out).
Regirock and Steelix needs to watch out for repeated SE hits. Slowbro and Miltank doesn't because it can recover their health. The only hope to get past both is Persian.
Oh well, maybe i just faced many unprepared people lol. Even me couldn't believe how many times i was winning with this simple team...

Theorymon now: I believe that Registeel will go back to the top 3. Regirock will also be more used. Also Hitmonlee.
Maybe Cloyster will go back to NU(it's NU now, but it's pretty clear it's going to be UU this month).
Theorymon, but maybe Arcanine usage will fall due to no
Gallade/Honchrow... or it's going to rise even more(taking Venusaur place) depending of what happens to the metagame after the "suspect" thing.

We can also see Heracross falling down to UU... i believe it shouldn't even be tested, since it's even better than Gallade, not to mention it resists two of the most used priorities in UU(Sucker Punch and Mach Punch). Heracross IS too much for UU, not even worth of discussing. I believe it's even more difficult to wall than Honchrow.
I don't believe you should just throw it into BL without testing. Although 85 Speed is above average, it is definitely one of Heracross' weak points, allowing Moltres and Arcanine to switch in on anthing other than Stone Edge and threaten immediately. And without any priority moves, Hera can't do anything to any faster threats.

Also, some checks: Arcanine, Moltres, Weezing, Gligar, Hitmontop, Rotom

I don't believe you should just throw it into BL without testing. Although 85 Speed is above average, it is definitely one of Heracross' weak points, allowing Moltres and Arcanine to switch in on anthing other than Stone Edge and threaten immediately. And without any priority moves, Hera can't do anything to any faster threats.

Also, some checks: Arcanine, Moltres, Weezing, Gligar, Hitmontop, Rotom
Hitmontop? How Hitmontop will take a SD or even a CB Close Combat , while Heracross is faster and resists both Sucker Punch/Mach Punch?
Gligar ties in speed. A SD Facade(maybe even Stone Edge) will OHKO it with ease. And Gligar checking Heracross means the weak Aerial Ace on one of it's attacks.
Arcanine needs to watch out for CB Close Combat/Stone, which will probably OHKO with Stealth Rock. And can't burn Heracross, so it needs to attack. It needs all speed possible to outspeed Hera. But can check it.
Moltres needs to be Timid... also a Close Combat will do a huge amount of damage on Moltres. But it is a check.
Rotom can't burn Heracross. Tricking a Scarf isn't bad for Hera. And Megahorn still does a good damage even if resisited(i mean, 50/77/77 defenses is CRAP. Rotom hugs on it's typing to be "bulky", which it's not. Even Blaziken is bulkier than Rotom)
Weezing can't burn Hera, and won't enjoy the Flame Orb SD version... other than that it's probably one of the only reliable answers to Hera(other being Nidoqueen and Arcanine/Timid Moltres not switching on Stone Edge or CB Close Combat)

The speed didn't stopped Gallade to be really potent(Gallade has priority, ok... but a unSTABed 40 BP attack? Really?). And guess what: the most used argument to ban Gallade is that it "destroys stall". And Heracross does exactly the same. With the plus of being a little faster(really important in a tier with many pokes that has 80 base speed) but also much harder to wall and kill with priority. And it's also much better as a "stand-alone" sweeper. And a CB user. And a Scarf user(Gallade has Trick though).

Of course, you said "checks" not "counters" but still, most of them can't check Heracros properly without taking a good damage or activate Guts.

{It's ok if people needs to test Heracross, but i'm saying it's going to be "a waste of time" since it IS too powerful(hell, its usage fell only because of Bullet Punch Scizor and Rotom-A(and a bit because of Lucario who can use priority move))... before it was one of the most menacing and used pokes in OU, which power was unmatched(it still is... who else has 2 STAB attacks with basically no drawback, backed up by Guts, or a STAB 200 BP and a 180 BP attack on one of its sets(Reversal with Swarm Megahorn) ? Even Ubers can't come with that much power(SpecsSpout Kyogre/Soul Dew Latios Draco Meteor Kyogre maybe... but it's only one attack, while Hera has two... again, backed by Guts, which can raise it's attack to insanely high levels, even more than Thick Club Marowak).}

But that's pure theorymon, since Heracross fall isn't guaranteed. But i say it IS broken for sure. Even more than the most hated one, Staraptor.

PS: hell, first time i talked about tiering change, a thing that i hate lol. You can reply if you want to, but i'm not gonna respond anymore. I HATE this, and i'm posting this ony because i spend some time with this...

Roserade is gone and will never come back while quilfish is going to shine in the upcoming moth and come to uu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)