np: UU - The Boys Are Back in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Huge changes this round!

Roserade is gone to OU due to usage
Yanmega is punched to BL
Alakazam, Umbreon and Rhyperior have dropped down because no one wants them on their OU team
Froslass, Raikou and Gallade have moved back down to UU and will be automatically retested due to changes in Smogon voting procedure which requires two simple majorities in a row OR 66.6%+1.

The current round ends November 24th. Requirements for voting are 1600/55.

Wow, we lose two offensive powerhouses and get 4 in exchange. Oh, and Froslass (looks like Quilfish isnt getting to shine just yet).
And could the "two simple majorities part" be explained? Does that mean its only BL after its voted there after two voting periods where it has a majority under 66%?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
good shit. I was around when these guys were sent to limbo already. Gallade is really going to dominate again.

And could the "two simple majorities part" be explained? Does that mean its only BL after its voted there after two voting periods where it has a majority under 66%?
Okay, if a pokemon gets over 66% of the votes making it move up, it moves up automatically. However, if it can't make 66%, it has to get over 50% twice.

good shit. I was around when these guys were sent to limbo already. Gallade is really going to dominate again.
I always found Gallade over rated =/ (which is why I initially voted it UU in the poll). But now Crobat and Staraptor aren't here to murder it, but Donphan can at least take a hit, and Slowbro, Spiritomb and Weezing still exist.
Speaking of Staraptor, why isn't it being retested as well?

Huge changes this round!

Roserade is gone to OU due to usage
Yanmega is punched to BL
Alakazam, Umbreon and Rhyperior have dropped down because no one wants them on their OU team
Froslass, Raikou and Gallade have moved back down to UU and will be automatically retested due to changes in Smogon voting procedure which requires two simple majorities in a row OR 66.6%+1.

The current round ends 6 weeks after DougJustDoug resets the ratings
Roserade and Yanmega, thank god they're gone.

As for Alakazam and Umbreon going to UU, I don't see why, because they shouldn't be in UU either. Alakazam is the new Yanmega, especially since his SA soars because he doesn't need a +Speed nature in UU nearly as much as in OU. Umbreon is crazy in UU from the battles I've been in and is like another Registeel, if not even better.

Froslass, and especially Gallade, seem like very risky moves to make. Gallade seems just too versatile for UU and has the perfect moves to take anything down, and has good special defense to help it survive even more things down there, as well as a nifty Fighting resistance. I don't think Umbreon and Gallade will last in UU for long, but then again, that's just my prediction and nobody can always be correct.

Random Pizzaman, I lol'd when I read your sig.

Roserade and Yanmega, thank god they're gone.

As for Alakazam and Umbreon going to UU, I don't see why, because they shouldn't be in UU either. Alakazam is the new Yanmega, especially since his SA soars because he doesn't need a +Speed nature in UU nearly as much as in OU. Umbreon is crazy in UU from the battles I've been in and is like another Registeel, if not even better.

Froslass, and especially Gallade, seem like very risky moves to make. Gallade seems just too versatile for UU and has the perfect moves to take anything down, and has good special defense to help it survive even more things down there, as well as a nifty Fighting resistance. I don't think Umbreon and Gallade will last in UU for long, but then again, that's just my prediction and nobody can always be correct.

Random Pizzaman, I lol'd when I read your sig.
I don't know about Umbreon being broken,
It has weak def's compared to Registeel,
it's more support, hardly any offense, it seems more like a different typed
Clefable then Registeel.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I always found Gallade over rated =/ (which is why I initially voted it UU in the poll). But now Crobat and Staraptor aren't here to murder it, but Donphan can at least take a hit, and Slowbro, Spiritomb and Weezing still exist.
Speaking of Staraptor, why isn't it being retested as well?
Fighting-types had a had time back then cause' of Crobat, but now Gallade has very little checks now, its more difficult to handle. Raikou just means Steelix usage will increase now, and Froslass should increase more offensive teams.

omfg.. Yesh!

I loooove surprises.

Welcome back Raikou, Umbreon, Gallade, and Froslass.

I can't wait to see all the metagame shifts that are going to take place!

Who wants to wager that Ambipom use will see a dramatic increase? Easily revenges Gallade, can revenge Raikou (especially HP Fire variants, though I don't see many of them being used now), easily dispatches Froslass, and has Low Kick now to hit Umbreon harder. Only thing new that nerfed it is Rhyperior, but that may be quite the nerf.

Having the BL retests so randomly and suddenly really took me by surprise though!

Woohoo i have my favorite spiker back and no crobat to screw things up. Btw if froslass was bad before shes going to be a nightmare without crobat.

Lets see...

Alakazam, Raikou, Frosslass, and Umbreon are easily handled by my team (thanks to Regice, Regice again, Absol, and SwitcharoospecsManectric). Rhyperior is a bit harder, but an HP Grass from Manectric (while Rhyperior expects T-Bolt) will end it. Besides, it is only slightly better than Rhydon, whom I have a lot of experiance using.

Gallade, however... without Staraptor or Crobat, this thing is going to be DEADLY! It'll all come down to a prediction war with Absol (or Switcharoo, of course)

It's gonna be a lot of fun building teams around Gallade and Raikou this time around. I was pretty much joined a little bit before their first suspect test but was too much of a noob to actually use them correctly. It should be fun to see how all these pokemon will affect the metagame.

I think after a SD Gallade OHKO's Dugtrio with Shadow Sneak... I think. Dugi speed ties with Alakazam so then that isn't so reliable. Last time around Raikou were Sub Cm varients so Raikou's subs would need to be broken.

To be honest, expect higher usage from Uxie, Mespirit, Steelix, Spiritomb, and Azumarril.

+2 adamant gallade vs 4/0 dugtrio 766 Atk vs 136 Def & 212 HP (40 Base Power): 162 - 191 (76.42% - 90.09%)

with LO 766 Atk vs 136 Def & 212 HP (40 Base Power): 210 - 248 (99.06% - 116.98%)

I see a HUGE dugtrio increase. He can revenge kill froslass, raikou, alakazam, and Gallade.
I really don't think Dugtrio could revenge Gallade. It's OHKO'd 46% of the time by a +2 Shadow Sneak.

Jolly +2 Gallade vs 40 Hp Dugtrio 698 Atk vs 136 Def & 221 HP (40 Base Power): 192 - 226 (86.88% - 102.26%)

I think after a SD Gallade OHKO's Dugtrio with Shadow Sneak... I think. Dugi speed ties with Alakazam so then that isn't so reliable. Last time around Raikou were Sub Cm varients so Raikou's subs would need to be broken.

To be honest, expect higher usage from Uxie, Mespirit, Steelix, Spiritomb, and Azumarril.
SubCMRaikou needs a CM to OHKO with Hidden Power, so Dugtrio can basically come in on anything when Raikou shows up and OHKO it or break its sub and KO it, provided its at full health. Damage is: 295 Atk vs 176 Def & 232 HP (70 Base Power): 170 - 200 (73.28% - 86.21%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)