Movesets for 5 and 6 star raids?

It's pretty funny how much better Miriadon is for (solo) Tera Battles than Koriadon.
Charge + Metal Sound + Throat Spray + Electro Drift = OHKO on nearly every raid. Sometimes you may need to use an additional Metal Sound.
And then Koriadon, while strong as well, is usually outclassed by Iron Hands/Hariyama as a Fighting type.
The whole thing reminds me of Groudon and Kyogre back in the day.

Koraidon also has this pesky 4x weakness to fairy :/
Koraidon typing is sadly extremely unfortunate for raids. 4x weak to fairy which is bad enough as is, also weak to psychic, ice and flying which are moderately common attack types. With no really good resists either.
Plus being a phisical attacker, it's susceptible to a lot more problems than Miraidon is (burn & intimidate)

I can't understand these guys who chose any other pokémon than Magikarp when hosting a Ditto raid.
It's like some of these players intentionally want the raid to be lost.
The last Ditto raid I had featured the host locking in Belly Drum Azumarill 5 seconds before the raid started, after everyone else already had locked in.
Well that Ditto went rampage I must admit...

I can't understand these guys who chose any other pokémon than Magikarp when hosting a Ditto raid.
It's like some of these players intentionally want the raid to be lost.
The last Ditto raid I had featured the host locking in Belly Drum Azumarill 5 seconds before the raid started, after everyone else already had locked in.
Well that Ditto went rampage I must admit...
Always remember that lot of the people who play this game are kids or otherwise casual players.

Back in SwSh I constantly see absurd picks, even people using unevolved pokemon, and still to this day I see people who tried to bring Cinderace to the Cinderace raid and stuff like that.

You always have to consider that the average Pokemon player is, indeed, pretty dumb.

Btw, I have another story regarding 6 Star Ditto Raids...

2 days I joined a Ditto raid, Host was smart, chose Magikarp, so we easily made it, but after the raid I received 5 (!!) Ability Patches as reward.

I didn't know that that was even possible...

Was that even legit?

I have a level 1 Scovillian that only knows Helping Hand and Spicy Extract for Ditto Raids. The Ditto can't use Helping Hand and Spicy Extract greatly increases your allies attack(thus making the ditto easier to kill) and the defense drop doesn't matter due to it lacking any offensive moves.

2 days ago I caught a Leafeon in a 6 Star Tera Raid, and I decided to add it to my Raid Squad for niche situations.

Leafeon @ Miracle Seed
Trait: Leaf Guard
Tera Type: Ghost
Adamant Nature
EV: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense

- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Charm
- Tera Blast

So the idea is to use this Leafeon against Raid Bosses who use physical attacks that are resisted by Leafeon (mainly Ground, Water, Electric).
In this situation Leafeon is very durable thanks to its high natural defense stat, and can survive for a long time with minimal support by its team mates.
Strategy wise, you want to use Charm during the first turns of the fight, to lower the raid bosses' attack.
Once the shield is up, you can use your cheers or start boosting and dealing damage by yourself.

I still need to optimize this Leafeon, using Miracle Seed is probably not the optimal way, maybe its best to simply use Leftovers for extra recovery.
The Tera Type is "ghost" because that's the Tera Type it had when I obtained it, and I am too lazy to farm tera shards to change it and I also don't really want to spend 50 shards for a pokémon which is that niche.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've met my end boss and eventually gave up.

6 star Fairy Umbreon is so ridiculous; it's already naturally bulky and uses both Calm Mind and Curse, it has Tera Blast to pressure Miraidon/Hands, and Foul Play to one shot Ceruledge. I didn't even try with my Hex Gholdengo because Umbreon uses Calm Mind early.

I made progress with Charcoal/Iron Defence/Swords Dance/Clear Smog/Bitter Blade Ceruledge, where the first 6 turns were ID/ID/ID/BB/CS/BB just to survive Foul Play, eliminate Calm Mind, and stall until I could Tera Fire and remove the Dark weakness.

I ran out of time once, Foul Play crit me once, and Umbreon started spamming Tickle on my third try until a misplay where I didn't realise my attack/defence was at +2/+0 and I was low enough to die to Foul Play. Turned off my Switch at that point.

Edit: it crit me on the fourth try, but I beat it on my fifth. I think I had 10 attempts in total with 3 different mons (2x Miraidon, 2x Hands, 6x Ceruledge where I didn't have ID for the first attempt and got OHKO'd).

Last edited:
6 star Fairy Umbreon is so ridiculous; it's already naturally bulky and uses both Calm Mind and Curse, it has Tera Blast to pressure Miraidon/Hands, and Foul Play to one shot Ceruledge.
Found a Dragon one and yes, a naturally bulky Pokémon with Calm Mind, Curse, Tickle and Foul Play (do not even try Belly Drum strategies) is very annoying.

I ultimately won with this:

:flutter-mane: Flutter Mane <Fairy>
252 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Moonblast

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are all the Armarouge/Cereledge from the event flash fire? I’ve caught like 8 and no Weak Armor yet.

Sere I says Hidden Ability available but…

Are all the Armarouge/Cereledge from the event flash fire? I’ve caught like 8 and no Weak Armor yet.

Sere I says Hidden Ability available but…
Wouldn't surprise if it's the case. I don't think Weak Armor is played at all competitively, and from what I've noticed, they've been trying to go with "almost competitive ready" for event raids.
(Also certain 6 star raids have movesets basically built for a specific ability so...)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wouldn't surprise if it's the case. I don't think Weak Armor is played at all competitively, and from what I've noticed, they've been trying to go with "almost competitive ready" for event raids.
(Also certain 6 star raids have movesets basically built for a specific ability so...)

The S/V discord has a spreadsheet made for some common meta movesets.

I find that it's much easier to find people online in public discords to guarantee raid success. Typically with decent teamwork you can OHKO every single 6* raid boss with 3 supports 1 dps. Usually I bring a support umbreon with the moveset Taunt/Reflect/Helping Hand and either screech (if phys DPS) or fake tears (if spec DPS). Once the target is -6 and your DPS is +6 practically everything is OHKO.

Another fun strategy to get if you have two other friends is Huge Power / Anger Point / Skill Swap.
Person A gets a frosslass with frost breath
Person B gets a medicham with skill swap + huge power
Person C gets a pokemon with anger point (tauros, krookodile, crabominable) holding choice band
A goes frost breath on C > C is now +6 > B skill swaps huge power to C > C uses a strong attack (like flare blitz for fire tauros)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I am looking forward to finally getting a rough skin Gen 9 chomp (probably… pls don’t lock sand veil like the armarouge event gf…)

So I ran into something online as a rando companion yesterday that I want to share, particularly because the case where I saw it used sounds like an infamous one in places including this thread.

One of my companions was a Skill Swap Polteageist with Weak Armor against Tera Ground Kingambit. Given how raids work, Speed and turn order seems really screwy to the point I just always assume the opponent will act before me (especially when the go-to attackers for randos are slow BD users already like Iron Hands and Azumarill). The trade-off usually works to our benefit since the speed doesn't change the number of actions to my knowledge, just the order every "set," so debuffing DEF just for hitting the boss as usual, and more importantly removing their own ability if it's a problem one like Defiant to allow debuffing (whether deliberate or avoiding punishment on procs like Play Rough or Liquidation). Being able to debuff these guys obviously seems helpful given they hit like trucks with usually-neutral coverage for non-STAB Tera types, and it's a way to increase damage without breaking pace in case they dispel Stat changes on either side.

The most interesting thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to revert the boss's ability when they clear Negative conditions, even if they clear the DEF drops themselves. This seems like a really useful support effect in particular since, if you can deal with the Speed Ups, it provides action-efficient damage boosts.

Also makes me wonder about the value of other "exploitable" Ability Skill Swaps, or even just removing the boss's ability via methods like this in general since some of the hardest ones are in significant part because of them. I saw Skill Swap mentioned back on like Page 2 with an Umbreon, but there appears to have not been too much buzz about it since then, and this example came to mind since the ability could Sandbag the boss beyond just removing their innate ability.

The most interesting thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to revert the boss's ability when they clear Negative conditions, even if they clear the DEF drops themselves. This seems like a really useful support effect in particular since, if you can deal with the Speed Ups, it provides action-efficient damage boosts.
From what I noticed, the "clear pulse" only removes regular debuffs (and buffs) that are stat changes.
Everything else (screens, leech seed, aqua ring, salt cure, skill swap, etc) does not get wiped off.

The main problem is that we don't really have many "worth passing" abilities on skill swappers.
Even accounting for not-yet-released gen 9 mons, the only one I can think of would be passing Stall from Sableye... but then you'd be using Sableye in first place.

There is still obviously the chance to use a support mon to simply replace a very strong ability like Huge Power with Inner Focus or stuff like that but like, that's very rarely useful. And of the three 7 star raids we had so far, Charizard was easy enough that there wasn't much reason to replace Solar Power anyway, and both Cinderace and Greninja basically didn't have an ability in first place.

That said however it is a potential tech to consider in the future should we get a event raid that has a particular dependence on their ability.

The Annihilape/Kingambit instances with Weak Armor are admittedly all I've found for the tech so far, but considering those are among the hardest raids, seemed relevant enough to potentially note for future

The Annihilape/Kingambit instances with Weak Armor are admittedly all I've found for the tech so far, but considering those are among the hardest raids, seemed relevant enough to potentially note for future
Should we get anything with Defiant or Competitive (like these 2) it'd be an almost mandatory tech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)