Movesets for 5 and 6 star raids?

I am still hoping that I could use Tyranitar to some effect in 5 to 7 Tera Raids after I have finished this current playthrough in scarlet.

And I still didn't find a better set than an Assault Vest Set with 4 damaging moves, with which Tyranitar would have at least a decent Special Defense, but no recovery.

So maybe I will give Tyranitar a try.

You can freely use TTar against anything that doesnt have fighting moves or strong water/grass/fairy phisical attacks.
5 star raids arent particularly difficult, nor are (most) 6 star raids as long as you check what their moveset is beforehand.

I've said it several times now, but like Ting-Lu. No real recovery or set up, but its bulky (especially with its ability) and can hit hard. It's not great for every encounter, but it can stem the tide enough for even CPU to do the deed.

And sometimes it just hard counters regardless
I do use Ting Lu myself relatively often. EQ / Taunt / dark move / Body Press seems to work pretty well.
Only annoyance is that the base Tera type is dark and it kinda sucks, as 90% of the times I want to use it against electrics

I would probably go for physical attacks then, since the base attack stat of Ttar is much higher than its special attack stat

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Careful Nature

- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Something like that I suppose. Stone Edge's accuracy is a bit shaky but it might be worthwhile having access to it in order to land a big hit in a clutch situation.
The 4th slot is actually not that important, since most options you could pick only marginally improve the coverage.

One must remember that this Ttar will be used against special attackers preferably, like special electric, fire, ice, psychic and ghost types. And those types can already get hit without a 4th move.

You can freely use TTar against anything that doesnt have fighting moves or strong water/grass/fairy phisical attacks.
5 star raids arent particularly difficult, nor are (most) 6 star raids as long as you check what their moveset is beforehand.

I do use Ting Lu myself relatively often. EQ / Taunt / dark move / Body Press seems to work pretty well.
Only annoyance is that the base Tera type is dark and it kinda sucks, as 90% of the times I want to use it against electrics
My base tera type is Ground

Ironically the one I don't want to use when I wind up using Ting-Lu!

If they don't have fighting type moves, and normal type moves are neutral consider:

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature | Tera Normal

-Hammer Arm
-Belly Drum
-Rest
-Facade

Other Considerations: If they have status you can run leftovers instead or swap the coverage Hammer Arm for Play Rough. Facade nukes after a Belly Drum so give it a shot.

If you ever host a ditto raid, it will always transform into the host (assuming imposter, no clue who it would transform into if no imposter). So pick a trash level 1 magikarp as host
This seems to be the optimal strategy for group raids, but since the level of the AI partners scale with the player's (a level 5 Magikarp yields level ~4 partners) it makes solo raids annoying (Ditto cannot attack but it still takes a while to defeat).
Bringing a higher level Pokémon with no attacking moves could be a faster alternative. I have tried with a Drednaw with only Shell Smash to further drop Ditto's defenses and it seemed to work fine.

This seems to be the optimal strategy for group raids, but since the level of the AI partners scale with the player's (a level 5 Magikarp yields level ~4 partners) it makes solo raids annoying (Ditto cannot attack but it still takes a while to defeat).
Bringing a higher level Pokémon with no attacking moves could be a faster alternative. I have tried with a Drednaw with only Shell Smash to further drop Ditto's defenses and it seemed to work fine.
Scovillian with only Spicy Extract and Helping Hand kills off a Ditto raid fairly fast, especially of all of the allies, whether they be AI or real people, are physically inclined.

I have a 6* Steel Dragonite queued up that I can only do offline without it getting cleared. Any ideas for solo-ing this raid?

He seems to boost Dragon Dance against everyone and then attack. Seems insurmountable without real people spamming Clear Smog, and it seems worse than Cinderace honestly. Dragonite is super bulky. I might need a legendary for it.

Only tried the RabbitKiller Slowbro and a Mimikyu, but they get whooped.

I have a 6* Steel Dragonite queued up that I can only do offline without it getting cleared. Any ideas for solo-ing this raid?

He seems to boost Dragon Dance against everyone and then attack. Seems insurmountable without real people spamming Clear Smog, and it seems worse than Cinderace honestly. Dragonite is super bulky. I might need a legendary for it.

Only tried the RabbitKiller Slowbro and a Mimikyu, but they get whooped.
Iron Hands.

For Iron Hands here is the set I use, which I assume is pretty standard:

:iron-hands:
Iron Hands @ Shell Bell
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Coverage
- Electric Terrain / Coverage

Belly Drum -> attacking move just works.
Drain Punch / Shell Bell keep it healthy throughout the battle.
For extra defensive opponents, add an Electric Terrain after Belly Drum which also powers up Thunder Punch.
I do not suggest Wild Charge due to the immense recoil raid opponents cause.

This is the hands build I've been using:

Iron Hands @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat

I like Booster Energy for extra damage output that can't be wiped; Drain Punch heals you enough even vs Fighting resists. Shell Bell, Covert Cloak and Sitrus are also viable picks for the item slot. I'm running cc as the 4th move for burst damage when the raid mon is at low HP; be careful about using this too early because the defense drops hurt. This beats everything except Ghosts and unaware mons (stuff with CM+Psychic can also be annoying but is beatable)

Anyone having experience using Slither Wing in Tera Raids?
Looking for a build, it is my favourite paradox pokémon ...

Lunge and Leech Life are strong moves I think, and it can also learn stuff like Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, Close Combat, Bulk Up or Sunny Day.

I have a build: use Iron Hands instead.

Like, if you just want to nuke some t4/t5 raids, 252/252 with stab stab coverage recovery/buff with shell bell or lefties works for like 80% of fully evolved mons that can hit a given raid supereffectively and arent weak to the attacks of the raid.
Outside some specific outliers like annihilape or garchomp, t5 and t4 raids arent complicate and dont require any specific setup other than being lvl 100. Heck i dont even use EVd mons for them, and I have used random trashmons (as far as raids go) like meowscarada, lycanroc, corviknight etc just cause they were my story team and i carry them around, and all I do is click stab while I watch something on other screen.
Even certain t6 raids like pincurchin or the eevolutions are easy enough where all it matters is not being weak to the enemy attacks.

If you're looking for a consistent t6 soloing... just use Iron Hands or similar mons who can setup 1 or 2hkos and/or have built in recovery in their stabs while also sporting massive bulk.

Since you are on scarlet, Flutter Mane as well as Sylveon is actually a very solid (special) raid soloer due to draining kiss against stuff weak to fairy.

Similarly Azumarill.

Against :kingambit: Kingambit 5* <Fairy>

:cinderace: Cinderace @ Shell Bell
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Might as well put the bunny and its default event moveset to some use. Obviously it can be improved with an optimal Tera type and/or more coverage.
- 1. Will-o-Wisp, which does not trigger Libero
- 2. Iron Head to trigger Libero
- 3. Swords Dance
- 4. Iron Head

Since you are on scarlet, Flutter Mane as well as Sylveon is actually a very solid (special) raid soloer due to draining kiss against stuff weak to fairy.

Similarly Azumarill.
While in the meantime I did trade me all of the violet paradox pokémons, I followed your advice and built me a Standard CM Draining Kiss Flutter Mane on Level 100.
I also started to build an Umbreon (Taunt / Reflect / Moonlight / Foul Play) and a Skeledirge (Yawn / Slack Off / Torch Song / Shadow Ball) for Tera Raids afterwards, but I still need an Ability Patch for the Skeledirge in order to get the Unaware Trait, and both pokémons also need more EXP candies to reach level 100 :/.

Once I unlocked the 6 Star Raids I will test these 3 Pokémons and see how they fare in the harder raids.

Seems a good a spot as any to bring it up but they announced another raid for next month,f for Valentines.

The seventh Tera Raid Battle event has been announced. This event will feature a focus on the Pokémon Tandemaus with a Fairy-type Tera Type.
This event will run from 00:00 UTC on February 13th through 23:59 UTC on February 15th 2023

Cute valentines event. Bet they drop a bunch of Destiny Knots

I gathered my first experiences in Tera Raids.
Most offline 5 Star Raids seem easy if you use Flutter Mane, I only had 1 Raid (Tera Poison 5 Star Garchomp) which my Flutter Mane couldn't handle with AI mates, due to the Garchomp resisting fairy moves and continuosly spamming Iron Head :(.

Online Raids were a mixed bag for me so far. Sometimes you get mates who use the correct pokémon for the 6 Star raids and you easily make it, and sometimes you get these "strange guys", who have no clue about matchups and apparently also do not use fully leveled, bottlecapped, EV'ed pokémons and therefore get roflstomped quite fast.
But the biggest problem has been getting a raid spot for an interesting raid boss in the first place.

I use my Umbreon most the time for online 6 Star raids, my Skeledirge and my Flutter Mane are also battle ready at Level 100, but I still need an Ability Patch for Skeledirge which I will get during next Cinderace event.

I also caught me a Corviknight with Mirror Armor and Tera Electric, I might build that one up to become my 4th raid pokémon in the near future.

Interestingly, I found "non stab Tera" to be pretty detrimental for raids.

Normally you only get to Tera later in the raid or not at all, so you queue with a pokemon that is going to resist the onslaught in first place. Changing type to something that doesn't resist the main stabs anymore has proven more troublesome than good anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)