Minor Meta Modifcations Metagame (aka M4) Development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be better if I just gave it Ice Beam (and no Signal Beam)? I have one approval and one rejection, so I guess Adrian Marin makes the final call.

And what about Houndoom?

EDIT: Also wanted to point out that Blissey, Milotic and Alomomola can now handle Keldeo.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 375-442 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Alomomola: 250-295 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Milotic can, the other two cannot.

Just wanted to point that out. I don't see how Signal Beam would even be very good though, unless I'm missing an important Keldeo check/counter.

This needs a check to see if it's worthy yet (The first QC check was from the first version, so yeah):

Did anyone reserve Pangoro yet? If not, I'll take it. (I just want to make him at least have some sort of niche in this meta)

Pangoro:

Stats: HP (+10), Defense (+10)
Movepool: + Knock Off, + Drain Punch
Ability: Scrappy is replaced by Intimidate (Flavor wise in terms of species name (Daunting can mean intimidating))

I would've boosted his speed but the restrictions exist so yeah.
Anyways, here's my changes to Lilligant (Though I removed it from my Pangoro post I'm still reserving the thing; Most of these are very obvious).

Lilligant:
Type: Grass/Fairy
Stats: Defense/Special Defense (+5 each), HP (+10)
Movepool: +Moonblast (STAB and shit)

Lilligant is essentially the offensive counterpart to Whimsicott, so I decided to basically make it like that. Fairy is because of it's appearance and gentle nature that is shared with other fairy-types. Moonblast is because it is given to nearly every other Fairy suggested. (And its STAB and most Fairies get it despite not having any relation to the Moon)

Last edited:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 375-442 (52.5 - 61.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Alomomola: 250-295 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Milotic can, the other two cannot.

Just wanted to point that out. I don't see how Signal Beam would even be very good though, unless I'm missing an important Keldeo check/counter.
Alomomola actually has +10 SpD, so I think it does counter. I'll give you Blissey but now Keldeo can't switch in on it anymore fearing Moonblast.

Signal Beam gets Celebi basically, so its not that necessary. I thought Ice Beam was fine since Icy Wind 2HKOd Lati@s anyway (now Keldeo does more damage but is outsped and still doesn't 1HKO).

Alomomola actually has +10 SpD, so I think it does counter. I'll give you Blissey but now Keldeo can't switch in on it anymore fearing Moonblast.

Signal Beam gets Celebi basically, so its not that necessary. I thought Ice Beam was fine since Icy Wind 2HKOd Lati@s anyway (now Keldeo does more damage but is outsped and still doesn't 1HKO).
Missed the SpDef increase, whoops. Yeah I think that ice beam would probably be good since Keldeo is already good but it's a nice buff for the perfect acc. (Icy has 95 if I recall correctly) and extra little power in case of bulky Latias or something.

Reserving Dragalge because it's OP.

+15 HP
Movepool: +Slack Off, +Clear Smog
Also, can we please release its HA. It needs some OU love.
And I know we're not supposed to add more moves, but flavourwise, Dragalge needs the 3 move spit-up combo.
Monte Cristo

Completely off topic: did you know Cofagrigus learns toxic spikes? WTF Gamefreak?
Edited to give Slack Off. Not the best fit, but I can't see it being amazing in OU even with a solid recovery move (would be amazing in RU/UU though).
Needs a second QC Adrian Marin Peef Rimgar

Also gets Slack Off Via Slowpoke line. This means Toxic Spikes + Slack Off is illegal.

Also Reserving Tyrantum.

Stats: +10 Speed (outspeeds +nature scarf 108 with Rock Polish)
Movepool: +Hyper Fang (flavour)
Ability: +HA (Rock Head)

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
You have to keep in mind running reliable recovery gives Wobb 4MSS. YOu have to pick Recover/Mirror coat/Encore/Counter/Dbond, each of which makes Wobb useful in a different way.
Wobbuffet usually runs Safeguard or Tickle, not Destiny Bond.

Reserving Roserade
View attachment 16969

Abilities: Natural Cure/Aroma Veil/Technician
Stats: 65/70/65/125/105/100 (+5 HP, +10 Spe)

This modification is designed to fix a few of Roserade's flaws. Offensive Roserade get the Speed Boost they've always been looking for, while defensive Roserade's get a minor buff to health and a nice new toy in Aroma Veil, preventing them from being taunt bait.
Monte Cristo, Adrian Marin can one of you guys do the 2nd QC check?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Reserving Regirock (not in the viability rankings, but needs very little to be effective.)

Regirock
Abilities: Clear Body / Sturdy Regenerator (it truly fits its flavor text extremely well.)
Moves: + Recover (we should definitely give it to all the regi's.)

Reserving Registeel

Registeel
Abilities: Clear Body / Light Metal Regenerator OR Bulletproof if QC thinks Regenerator should not be a Regi thing.
Moves: + Recover
You didn't give them Volt Switch and Nuzzle? I am very disappoint

I thought giving it Harvest would be adding too much but I'll will likely change it, Vileplume was supposed to be a poor man's Mega Venusaur if you don't want to waste the mega slot.

Vileplume remastered:

Movepool: +Earth Power, +Leech Seed legal with any ability and moves
Stats: Def+10 Sp.Def+5
Abilities: Chlorophyl/ Harvest/ Effect Spore(HA)
I really see this working effectively. QC Approved 2/2

Edited to give Slack Off. Not the best fit, but I can't see it being amazing in OU even with a solid recovery move (would be amazing in RU/UU though).
Needs a second QC Adrian Marin Peef Rimgar

Also gets Slack Off Via Slowpoke line. This means Toxic Spikes + Slack Off is illegal.

Also Reserving Tyrantum.

Stats: +10 Speed (outspeeds +nature scarf 108 with Rock Polish)
Movepool: +Hyper Fang (flavour)
Ability: +HA (Rock Head)
Rock Head is a little much for it, especially with that speed buff. Give it something less broken and i'll approve.

Lucario
Abilities: Technician/Inner Focus/Justified (HA)
Movepool: +Snarl
/2

Technician is a little bit too much for it.

QC Rejected 1/2

Need another QC Check (deleted Sleep Powder) Monte Cristo, Adrian Marin, Peef Rimgar

Dragonite
Abilities: Inner Focus / Multiscale (no change)
Stats: 91 / 140 (+6) / 95 / 100 / 100 / 80
Movepool: +Defog via level up

Dragonite really needs that little extra attack to make it worth using over Charizard sometimes. Getting Defog via level up removes its incompatibility with Multiscale (I think?) making defensive sets much better as well.
Nice. QC Approved 2/2
Okay then reserving Keldeo. Go go water pony you can't get past milotic but I can still make you better.

+ Ice Beam (it, Seismitoad and Magikarp are the only water types that don't learn it)
+ Signal Beam

The influx of fairy types makes it a lot harder for Keldy to switch in and sweep, so I was thinking we could help it with some of its checks with correct prediction.
Keldeo doesn't deserve coverage to defeat DEDICATED COUNTERS! That's how good it is.

QC Rejected 2/2

Reserving Roserade
View attachment 16969

Abilities: Natural Cure/Aroma Veil/Technician
Stats: 65/70/65/125/105/100 (+5 HP, +10 Spe)

This modification is designed to fix a few of Roserade's flaws. Offensive Roserade get the Speed Boost they've always been looking for, while defensive Roserade's get a minor buff to health and a nice new toy in Aroma Veil, preventing them from being taunt bait.
I like this a lot. QC Approved 2/2

Reserving Froslass

View attachment 16965

Abilities: Snow Warning/Cursed Body
Stats: 70/80/70/85/70/115 (+5 SpA, +5 Spe)

Froslass has always held a niche in being the only Pokemon that can both set up hazards and spinblock them, however with the advent of X and Y and the buff to Defog, Froslass has largely fallen out of favor. Froslass' new ability Snow Warning lets her fire off powerful blizzards from her newly buffed Special Attack, 2HKOing every viable user of Defog except Mew while its new 115 Speed stat lets it outspeed Latios and Latias, two notable defoggers and speed tie with Azelf, who with the ban of Deoxys is now Froslass' largest competitor as a suicide lead.

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 218-258 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos: 228-270 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 168-198 (55.6 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 192-228 (63.5 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
I don't like this. QC Approved 2/2
reserving Hydreigon
Edit:

Stats: Atk+10, Spd+5( to make it mainly a Mixed Wallbreaker/ Scarfer)
Movepool: Knock Off( As you can see by the animation he seems to be knocking something off, or biting really, but the gesture is very close)
No Knock Off and i'll approve. We already have a billion and a half Knock Off abusers, do we really need to make items such as Eviolite and Assault Vest impossible to keep without them getting knocked off every battle?

Cloyster

Movepool: + Water Shuriken

It is finally viable again. (although it'll probably be like A+ rank)

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Reserving Cofagrigus

Typing: Ghost/Dark
Stats: 65(+7)/50/145/90/105/30

Reasoning: Dark type actually works perfectly with Cofagrigus. Its Dark typing represents the greed of tomb raiders and its evil spirit. Its new stats are to show how exactly it has survived and pretty much intact for something made in ancient Egypt.

Last edited:
It really doesn't need Aeroblast since it has reliable STAB in Air Slash and the more superior, highly coveted Hurricane.
Yeah I suppose Aeroblast is kinda irrelevant on torn-t. Berry Juice if you could come up with a more relevant buff that's be great
Well, it's a powerful AND reliable STAB move(it wouldn't need to choose between power and reliability anymore:P)
But if it's rejected anyway:
Tornadus-T
Stats:79/100/90(+10)/110/90/123(+2)<-now outspeeds greninja
Abilities:Regenerator/Gale Wings
Move:(I'm thinking about adding Brave Bird... is it too much?)

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, it's a powerful AND reliable STAB move(it wouldn't need to choose between power and reliability anymore:P)
But if it's rejected anyway:
Tornadus-T
Stats:79/100/90(+10)/110/90/123(+2)<-now outspeeds greninja
Abilities:Regenerator/Gale Wings
Move:(I'm thinking about adding Brave Bird... is it too much?)
I'm not QC, but I don't think it would be a great idea to put Gale Wings, an ability that made a Pokemon who would probably be RU into one of the best Pokemon in OU, onto something that's good enough to be BL

Reserving Galvantula
It's already been taken, as far as I know.

I still need another QC check for this one.

And my Blissey was approved so I'll pick Houndoom and Mega Houndoom as my next pokemon.
(QC 0/2)

+ 5 Speed
+ 5 SpA (its the weakest of all special sweeper megas)
Mega Houndoom gets Competitive instead of Solar Power.

It wasn't used much because the best sun setter was another mega but it now has its own niche. And considering the amount of Fairy types–and the fairy/water types that were just introduced, it deserves this.
Also, would like QC checks on this.

EDIT: Also Monte Cristo my Blissey was approved but isn't on the first page add it pls thx. :p

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't have access to pics yet, so I'll add it later.

Swampert
Abilities: Torrent / lolDamp Regenerator (HA)
Moves: Recover

No. No sap sipper. That's dumb. Regenerator not only makes sense (some mudfish species have been known to regenerate lost body parts) but also gives him a niche. Recover because he's like the only bulky water no to get it.

Don't have access to pics yet, so I'll add it later.

Swampert
Abilities: Torrent / lolDamp Regenerator (HA)
Moves: Recover

No. No sap sipper. That's dumb. Regenerator not only makes sense (some mudfish species have been known to regenerate lost body parts) but also gives him a niche. Recover because he's like the only bulky water no to get it.
Why would you run Recover if you have Regenerator, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)