Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Reserving Flygon #earthwyrms
Flygon
Abilities: Levitate / Sand Force (HA)
Stats: 80/105 (+5)/80/80/80/105 (+5) BST 540
Movepool: +Dragon Dance, +Iron Head

Its new higher speed and Dragon Dance let Flygon have an edge over Zygarde and Garchomp. Sand Force is a cool ability, giving it even more power in the sand. Sand Force also fits flavor-wise since Flygon is very much a desert mon (I mean, look at those Goggles! Clearly meant for the desert. Also, Trapinch is found in the desert.)

Last edited:
Reserving Moltres

Abillity Change: Regenerator

Moltres is 4x weak to stealth rock, so giving it Regenerator would help it deal with that weakness and become a usable pokemon in the metagame. In a flavour scenario, Phoneixs often are shown to have regenerative abillites so It would only make sense to give Moltres that ability.
Flavorwise, I think Regenerator works fine. Tornadus-T and Ho-Oh get Regen, so I don't see any issue with this.

QC approved 1/2

Monte Cristo
Flygon
Stats: 80/110 (+10)/80/80/80/110 (+10) BST 540

Its new higher speed and Dragon Dance let Flygon have an edge over Zygarde and Garchomp. Sand Force is a cool ability, giving it even more power in the sand. Sand Force also fits flavor-wise since Flygon is very much a desert mon (I mean, look at those Goggles! Clearly meant for the desert. Also, Trapinch is found in the desert.)
QC approved 1/2

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Flygon
Stats: 80/110 (+10)/80/80/80/110 (+10) BST 540

change stat boost to +5 each and you're golden
Flavorwise, I think Regenerator works fine. Tornadus-T and Ho-Oh get Regen, so I don't see any issue with this.

QC approved 1/2

Monte Cristo

QC approved 1/2
moltres 2/2

edit: pushing these to the OP, you might wanna do some others Adrian Marin

Last edited:

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Reserving Kyurem

Stats: +5 Speed
Movepool: +Dragon Dance, +Icicle Crash

These buffs are targeted at Kyurem-B of course.
Icicle Crash was chosen over Ice Punch because it fits all 3 Kyurem formes better flavor-wise. Kyu-B is the only one with a giant ice arm after all.

Reserving Kyurem

Icicle Crash was chosen over Ice Punch because it fits all 3 Kyurem formes better flavor-wise. Kyu-B is the only one with a giant ice arm after all.
Are you joshin me right now. Literally all keeping KyuB out of ubers is no boosting or ice coverage

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Froslass

image.jpg

Abilities: Snow Warning/Cursed Body
Stats: 70/80/70/85/70/115 (+5 SpA, +5 Spe)

Froslass has always held a niche in being the only Pokemon that can both set up hazards and spinblock them, however with the advent of X and Y and the buff to Defog, Froslass has largely fallen out of favor. Froslass' new ability Snow Warning lets her fire off powerful blizzards from her newly buffed Special Attack, 2HKOing every viable user of Defog except Mew while its new 115 Speed stat lets it outspeed Latios and Latias, two notable defoggers and speed tie with Azelf, who with the ban of Deoxys is now Froslass' largest competitor as a suicide lead.

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 218-258 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos: 228-270 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 168-198 (55.6 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 192-228 (63.5 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Last edited:
Reserving Arcanine.

Type: Fire/Normal
Base Stats: 90/115/80/100/80/95 (+5 Atk)

The Normal subtype allows Arcanine to become a powerful revenge killer with its former signature move, Extreme Speed.

Edit: Changes made Adrian Marin
QC Approved 2/2
reserving Victini but do I really need to say it? :]

edit: so here's victini or something
Victini
Abilities: Victory Star / [Hidden] Flame Body
Movepool: +Morning Sun, +Play Rough
QC Approved 2/2
Reserving Greninja (surprising right? :P)

EDIT:
Greninja
No stat boosts
Movepool: +Brick Break, +Knock Off
QC Approved 2/2
Reserving Heracross and its mega

Movepool addition : Heal Order
QC Approved 2/2
not even following your own rules good job nerd.

Milotic
Typing: Water -> Water/Fairy (It's kawaii as fuck)
Abilities: Marvel Scale / Competitive / Cute Charm (No change, just wanted you to know that it's kawaii as fuck)
Stats: stay the same (still kawaii tho)
Movepool: +Moonblast
QC Approved 2/2 mainly because Kawaii as fuck
Reserving Pikachu, and Raichu via extension.

Electric / Fairy [Dedenne's a Fairy too. Also mice are cute too]
Static / Huge Power / Lightningrod [There is no reason for a new ability? Btw in case you couldn't tell it's not getting Huge Power because Huge Power + Light Ball is ew]
35 / 55 / 30 / 50 / 40 / 90 -> 35 / 65 / 30 / 50 / 40 / 100
Movepool: +Play Rough [Azumarill gets it. Skitty gets it. This thing's a fairy type now, and it at least needs something.] +Moonblast [Monte Cristo should be happy]

Electric / Fairy [See Pikachu. This is less cute but w/e]
Static / Pure Power / Lightningrod [See above Also lol pure power is different]
60 / 90 / 55 / 90 / 80 / 110 -> 60 / 100 / 55 / 90 / 80 / 110
Movepool: +Play Rough [Inheritence from Pikachu] +Moonblast [Monte Cristo should be happy]

These guys need at least decent speed tiers [and offensive power in case of Raichu]. The Fairy type has a lot of benefits, as it allows these two to finally trump Dragon types [which was their biggest weakness imho]. They have no Physical Set-up still, but Play Rough as a secondary STAB is not bad by any means. Pikachu's still slow, but now it at least speed ties with base 100. Raichu still has good speed but now has decent attack. Moonblast is a decent special STAB that they can use as well.

Also their huge power / pure power variants will only be released in gen 25 as special abilities that you can only get by breeding them together with those abilities [you get a free one as an event]
More huge power imo QC pproved 2/2

Jirachi
Steel/Fairy
+Play Rough
EDIT: Moonblast (suggested by Monte Cristo)
QC Approved 2/2
Wobbufet
+Recover

Gives Wobbufet an option to recover hp aside from (healing) wish. It would also give it 4mss since it has to choose 2 out of encore/dbond/recover. It's also hard for wobb to find free turns to heal.
QC Approved 2/2

Reserving Kyurem

Sorry for double post, but just 100% clarifying QC rejected 2/2. Probably 3/2 once adrian sees this

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
the fairy type is already dead broken. Adding a handful more water/fairy and steel/fairy, possibly the best two type combos in the game to a meta is going to warp ir significantly. Especially considering you've given an already dominant Azumarill the ability to spank a couple of its old counters.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
the fairy type is already dead broken. Adding a handful more water/fairy and steel/fairy, possibly the best two type combos in the game to a meta is going to warp ir significantly. Especially considering you've given an already dominant Azumarill the ability to spank a couple of its old counters.
please explain to me how Steel / Fairy Jirachi and Water / Fairy Milotic of all things are broken?

Ash Borer

please explain to me how Steel / Fairy Jirachi and Water / Fairy Milotic of all things are broken?
Because their profile of resistances is so amazing, combined with great defensive stats and reliable recovery, that they put a huge restriction on what kind of attackers can actually be effective in a metagame. No they don't "break the meta" like a mega kanga does but they warp it into something less diverse and interesting.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Because their profile of resistances is so amazing, combined with great defensive stats and reliable recovery, that they put a huge restriction on what kind of attackers can actually be effective in a metagame. No they don't "break the meta" like a mega kanga does but they warp it into something less diverse and interesting.
You're acting like this is kind of new. The metagame we have now is extremely stale and not diverse, we just don't realize because "hey, it leans toward offense so who gives a shit". Please explain to me how these stand out from normal walls and what makes trhem so broken in a meta where almost every wall has a unique pair of resistances that makes it special/decent/good however every wall is still easily token down.

Yay we finally have a legitimate keldeo counter not taken down by spamming a shitty coverage. Yay we have a non utility based klefki typed pokemon. I don't see how it breaks the meta.

edit: also welcome to other metagames, if you came in here expecting the metagame not to be warped, I don't know what to say.

edit 2: this just seems like dumb fear mongering at this point but idk I could end up being wrong and jirachi may once again be the king of OU

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Reserving Froslass

View attachment 16965

Froslass has always held a niche in being the only Pokemon that can both set up hazards and spinblock them, however with the advent of X and Y and the buff to Defog, Froslass has largely fallen out of favor. Froslass' new ability Snow Warning lets her fire off powerful blizzards from her newly buffed Special Attack, 2HKOing every viable user of Defog except Mew while its new 115 Speed stat lets it outspeed Latios and Latias, two notable defoggers and speed tie with Azelf, who with the ban of Deoxys is now Froslass' largest competitor as a suicide lead.

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 218-258 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos: 228-270 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 168-198 (55.6 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

4 SpA Froslass Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 192-228 (63.5 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
approved 1/2

Just a question, will the QCs have discretion in changing some stuff certain pokemon end up too good? Then its less of a problem. In my opinion buffing walls in an offensive metagame isn't really a bad thing. And even offensive pokemon are getting buffed as well.

Did somebody forget about my Blissey everything before and after it is QCed

Also, is it possible to reserve more pokemon. If so, under what conditions and stuff?

Reserving Froslass

View attachment 16965

QC Approved 2/2

Reserving Blissey, I guess? It's in the viability ranking of OU even if its classified UU.

+ Fairy Type (It looks like a fairy, at least to the same extent Clefable and Wigglytuff do... it's also really nice and helps people).
+ Moonblast
+ 5 SpA 10 SpA

Keldeo can go sword itself. How do you like a 60% chance to lower SpA, sucker?
QC Approved 2/2

Okay then reserving Keldeo. Go go water pony you can't get past milotic but I can still make you better.

+ Ice Beam (it, Seismitoad and Magikarp are the only water types that don't learn it)
+ Signal Beam

The influx of fairy types makes it a lot harder for Keldy to switch in and sweep, so I was thinking we could help it with some of its checks with correct prediction.

QC Rejected 2/2

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Roserade
image.jpg

Abilities: Natural Cure/Aroma Veil/Technician
Stats: 65/70/65/125/105/100 (+5 HP, +10 Spe)

This modification is designed to fix a few of Roserade's flaws. Offensive Roserade get the Speed Boost they've always been looking for, while defensive Roserade's get a minor buff to health and a nice new toy in Aroma Veil, preventing them from being taunt bait.

Last edited:

Ash Borer

You're acting like this is kind of new. The metagame we have now is extremely stale and not diverse, we just don't realize because "hey, it leans toward offense so who gives a shit". Please explain to me how these stand out from normal walls and what makes trhem so broken in a meta where almost every wall has a unique pair of resistances that makes it special/decent/good however every wall is still easily token down.

Yay we finally have a legitimate keldeo counter not taken down by spamming a shitty coverage. Yay we have a non utility based klefki typed pokemon. I don't see how it breaks the meta.

edit: also welcome to other metagames, if you came in here expecting the metagame not to be warped, I don't know what to say.

edit 2: this just seems like dumb fear mongering at this point but idk I could end up being wrong and jirachi may once again be the king of OU
You don't really get it. The Fairy-type is straight up overpowered. Slapping more and more fairies into a meta with already enough of the just makes it shittier and shittier. Let alone fairies with stellar defensive and offensive attributes.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Monte Cristo changed Flygon. Also, reserving Shaymin

Shaymin

Ability: Fur Coat Natural Cure / Chlorophyll (HA)
Movepool: +Recover, +Calm Mind

Nuzzle is an adorable option on Shaymin imo, and it's also pretty neat with its untauntable para. Calm Mind is a neat set-up move that it can use really well.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Monte Cristo changed Flygon. Also, reserving Shaymin

Shaymin

Ability: Fur Coat Chlorophyll
Movepool: +Slack Off, +Calm Mind

Chlorophyll helps Shaymin to be an offensive monster with Seed Flare, while Calm Mind is helpful for bulky set-up. These things let Shaymin stand out more vs Celebi and Mega Venu.
no slack off
and natural cure just too important
aside from that approved 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)