Crisis in CK9++ City [Serial Killer Wins]

-He was universally townread since day 1, and yet he stayed alive this whole time. That alone should have been a clue that something was up
I mean, I'm not on the wolf team so this doesn't hold weight regardless
-He started yesterday off by saying he wanted to lynch HEURY. wtf, heury was beyond town confirmed at that point, it made no sense for a towny to bring his name up like that at all. Once he met resistance on the heury stuff, he then pivoted to shading me without ever actually voting me.
It's because cancerous died and the only reason that could have happened was if heury was lying or bodyguarded someone else. I didn't know sk could choose to be strongman, and I definitely don't care enough to look and see if heury had to be a bodyguard by the setup.
I didn't shade you, I felt like tbz was town and you weren't
I was hoping I was wrong as I so often am
-I have a big history of role playing games picking supportive and defensive character roles; it's baked into the origin of my username. I am HeaLnDeaL, a level 30 cleric, level 20-something platinum knight, and level ONE fighter. The joke was I wanted to be a cleric and ride a horse and use a lance, but in DnD clerics can't use lances, so I had to be a multi-class character, so I picked up being a level 1 fighter. If I'm ever given the choice of defense of offense, I pick defense, so I would never pick strongman like smogon picked in this game.
But ya did, didntcha

oof, guess I've been using discord too much if I did ** ** instead of bold.

in any event I think my paragraph attempting to explain why my random vote was correct instead makes me feel slightly better about jalmont actually, so don't think I'll vote him after. **unvote**
I guess I can point to this weird pivot as someone not really caring about their reads which is more befitting of an SK than a townie

HeaLnDeaL - Another person with a bizarre posting style. Is also CWACy, seeming to have more interactions with inactive players than people actually playing the game. GTH scum for that reason.
now, was sultan the SK or wolfkill?
I lean towards wolfkill still, but it brings another point against me being the SK. I would never have killed the innocent child night 1 as any anti town, because it's more important to be PR hunting than to be killing confirmed players. For example, I probably would have killed panic station seeing as heury had a PR read on the slot and the way panic station had reacted to it seemed telling.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's because cancerous died and the only reason that could have happened was if heury was lying or bodyguarded someone else. I didn't know sk could choose to be strongman, and I definitely don't care enough to look and see if heury had to be a bodyguard by the setup.
I didn't shade you, I felt like tbz was town and you weren't
I was hoping I was wrong as I so often am
This logic is bad since the only way heury wasn't bg was if someone else was town PR but didn't claim after having ample opportunity to do so. By the time cancer claimed with no counter claim, there just weren't even numbers for anyone else to be town PR because at that point any town PR had full incentive to counter claim. The game's format had basically proven heury's claim true before you opened day 4 starting to talk about lynching him.

I think you opened the day trying to lynch heury because you wanted an endgame of me + tbz + you where you could pull the wool over my eyes that you weren't the sk. But panic and I both realized heury was town with posts that had similar logic that we posted at like exactly the same time (I posted mine first, he posted his like a minute later in a way that was clear he was writing it before I posted mine), so we saved heury.

This logic is bad since the only way heury wasn't bg was if someone else was town PR but didn't claim after having ample opportunity to do so. By the time cancer claimed with no counter claim, there just weren't even numbers for anyone else to be town PR because at that point any town PR had full incentive to counter claim. The game's format had basically proven heury's claim true before you opened day 4 starting to talk about lynching him.
what don't you understand about "I don't know the format"?

I think you opened the day trying to lynch heury because you wanted an endgame of me + tbz + you where you could pull the wool over my eyes that you weren't the sk. But panic and I both realized heury was town with posts that had similar logic that we posted at like exactly the same time (I posted mine first, he posted his like a minute later in a way that was clear he was writing it before I posted mine), so we saved heury.
there's a reason I asked if heury was a wolf- I didn't try to lynch them at all or even vote for them
I really don't think that's a good defense here.
the truth is quite possibly the best defense here
now, I'm not trying to angleshoot or anything, you can be certain that I would be just as unclear about the setup if I was scum, but you're trying to ascribe a malicious intent to the behavior that wasn't there ("trying to lynch huery" vs "confirming if cancerous dying means heury is scum")

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
there's a reason I asked if heury was a wolf- I didn't try to lynch them at all or even vote for them

the truth is quite possibly the best defense here
now, I'm not trying to angleshoot or anything, you can be certain that I would be just as unclear about the setup if I was scum, but you're trying to ascribe a malicious intent to the behavior that wasn't there ("trying to lynch huery" vs "confirming if cancerous dying means heury is scum")
You literally can't say that you didn't talk about heury when you did.
well now what
we lynch heury?
Here's your reminder.

:rolling_eyes:

towny me of course presses scum you when you try to backtrack the content of your old posts.
I'm not even backtracking
you're trying to say that I'm "trying to lynch heury" there when I was just asking if heury was scum due to cancerous dying
the reason I asked is because
A) I didn't know that the current setup required a bodyguard to exist
B) I didn't know that the strongman was an option for serial killer
(pick one, either works)
you're scum who is being out-towned and the fact that this is your sticking point really shows that rofl

a lot of the most recent pages were panic station talking about hypotheticals that I had no inkling could possibly exist
so when panic station says "if X happens that means smogon account is scum" and the only guaranteed info I have in the game is that I'm town I get confused because how can X possibly happen

call me stupid, but that doesn't make me scum

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I'm not even backtracking
you're trying to say that I'm "trying to lynch heury" there when I was just asking if heury was scum due to cancerous dying
the reason I asked is because
A) I didn't know that the current setup required a bodyguard to exist
B) I didn't know that the strongman was an option for serial killer
(pick one, either works)
you're scum who is being out-towned and the fact that this is your sticking point really shows that rofl
Let me get this straight. You're saying that you're out-towning me when you don't even know the format of the game?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Heal on the other hand is known to pull crazy stunts as antitown
see islands mafia where he claimed one of me and moody were scum because he was told the number of mafia on the islands had increased
So I literally didn't even remember this game from 2 years ago, but I spent the last 20 minutes digging through to find the game and to find my role PM.

I did not pull any crazy stunts that game, I literally acting out the fakeclaim that the host gave me. I didn't make any of it up on my own, it was literally given to me.

claiming a dichotomy to exist between two antitown players is a crazy stunt. It worked because the game format enabled it since day lynches were so infrequent that we couldn't actually resolve the trichotomy. It has nothing to do with hitmonleet giving you a role and everything to do with you claiming information with that role

I guess I could try to find some other examples since I definitely don't play on this forum super frequently
but I think that should be a good enough example of you being a pretty nontraditional non-by-the-book player, and it's definitely something I consider to be true about you

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
claiming a dichotomy to exist between two antitown players is a crazy stunt. It worked because the game format enabled it since day lynches were so infrequent that we couldn't actually resolve the trichotomy. It has nothing to do with hitmonleet giving you a role and everything to do with you claiming information with that role

I guess I could try to find some other examples since I definitely don't play on this forum super frequently
but I think that should be a good enough example of you being a pretty nontraditional non-by-the-book player, and it's definitely something I consider to be true about you
holy shit dude, I claimed false information that aligned with my fake PM's role. I did not invent a role on my own to try to fool anyone, the fake role was given to me and I used it to my scum team's advantage.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
And in any event, I don't even see how that would be relevant to THIS game, where I haven't made any fake claims, given to me or not. It seems like you're just digging deep into irrelevant examples, but I won't stop you from continuing it if you really want to.

And in any event, I don't even see how that would be relevant to THIS game, where I haven't made any fake claims, given to me or not. It seems like you're just digging deep into irrelevant examples, but I won't stop you from continuing it if you really want to.
I'm just trying to make the point that you're the player who's going to take the potentially not optimal choice, not me. Investigation immune is a must have for serial killer.

I don't mean this to say "you're bad and I'm not therefore you're scum" in any way; the strongman ninja ended up being the right choice this time, clearly
but the point is that I'm much less likely to actually think about the choice and make one seeing its potential, I'm just taking the tried and true investigation immune

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I'm just trying to make the point that you're the player who's going to take the potentially not optimal choice, not me. Investigation immune is a must have for serial killer.
And how is not using my fake role PM given to me in islands mafia not an optimal choice? It netted a guaranteed 2 town kills before I would be found out about my fakeclaim, and my scumteam would still be left hidden.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I don't mean this to say "you're bad and I'm not therefore you're scum" in any way; the strongman ninja ended up being the right choice this time, clearly
but the point is that I'm much less likely to actually think about the choice and make one seeing its potential, I'm just taking the tried and true investigation immune
this is all too funny since you're the one who took strongman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)