Crisis in CK9++ City [Serial Killer Wins]

Okay. I think my point still stands even though I mixed up the terminology. Getting into the Towncore is show, don't tell.
it's a common enough misconception but by definition wouldn't really be AI
townies should always be referring to themselves as town as it's one of the only mechanical confirms they have
the best example of LAMIST behavior I saw most recently was someone nameclaiming in a game where wolves had a namekiller
one of the wolves overreacted and said "COME ON DUDE NOW THE WOLVES CAN KILL YOU!!1!1!!"
if that makes sense

I agree that saying "I am town" is not LAMIST. LAMIST is nore subtle than that. Here is an example of LAMIST:

I'm rereading Rewind right now. It's only good for gleaning Clarinet tells (and maybe some me tells if you can filter out how fearless I was with a Hider role under my belt), but that was a game where Clarinet deepwolfed, so....
"Look at me, I'm scum hunting and looking for tells in another game so I must be town."

Unless there is something you actually find from that game to share, just sounds like you're forcing a townie feel on us.

Vote: Panic Station

Smogon account does seem to have a town mindset on. Slight town lean.

Somitomi is being more aggressive than I'd expect and really trying to come across as a strong, willing to tunnel on, town player. Null as to whether town or scum, but if I had to pick, slight scum.

I'm at the top of page 53. And here's what scum!Clarinet did up to then in that game:

His scum game was similar to my Town game, to the point where I vetoed a gut scumread because it seemed hypocritical
Pocketed the hell out of CaffBo
Expressed open concern over a scumbuddy slanking
Missed seeing an outed buddy get lynched and then said buddy's posts were too vague for associations
Said N1 death was not surprising but disagreed that target was the most obviTown player there
Had trouble connecting IRL names to usernames

I haven't gotten to the end yet, but I distinctly recall he surrendered instead of playing out a game where people weren't thinking of him when they tried to find the last scum

I'm gonna be going back and rereading Rewind again to check Thunder's Town game, but I think I'll wait until there are here and now posts from Thunder to compare.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That's kind of backwards to me. You don't need any kind of reason to support a random vote and it's weird that you tried building a case on a randomly (?) selected player after voting them instead of the other way around. Especially because that particular player had one ingame post that didn't say "Kill Bloodyrain" so evidently you couldn't come up with a strong reasoning. It would've made more sense to pick someone else to analyse and then possibly vote based on that.
JALMONT is the person in this game who I have the most knowledge of, so uh yeah.

woah what this gave me whiplash
ye I was kinda whipped too when I realized it was pointless to vote jalmont for literally doing jalmont things. since then, other post(s) by him have made me solidify a town read on him.
Why is it timer locking my posts. I thought it only did that for mass PMs.
wut does this even mean? I think I missed something.

Overall I feel like panic and smogon are really good at having a clean and natural back and forth. It doesn't seem the slightest bit of staged, and I'd eat a sock if both of them are scum. I actually think both are pretty townie.

I agree with heury that panic is the more try-harding of the two, but I don't think that makes him scum in this situation. idk, I get where heury is coming from but I just am not there with him at this point.

Did panic used to have a different name?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I was KnightsofCydonia, but I think you've played with me after the name change.
ye, we have, just wanted to make sure. I base reads not only on mafia games, but also out of game communication (I use out of game to form a persona, I think you (as knights) and I had some sort of walrus interaction that involved some comments about metro by SOAD?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
oof misclicked with typing the parenthetical in and didn't get to finish. (I use out of game to form a personality baseline, which is then compared to town/scum stuff for reads)

Did you read everything you missed?
What did you find important about the heury post that led you to quoting it?
By "just hopping on the easy wagon" do you mean cancerous or heury?
Either way, why do you think the wagon is an easy one?
I've read everything up to that point a second time if that's what you're asking.
Which Heury post? I quoted from two different ones. Anyway, I found the first one confusing, Sultan's talking to someone else saying they'd like everyone else to speak more, to which heury says "should I speak less" and then votes Sultan. The second one I found mildly interesting because of the seemingly unguarded hint at Heury's knowledge about the setup.
I already answered the last two questions and you already disliked the answer, there's not much I can add there.
I try to avoid making wallpost read lists
if people care enough about my reads they'll ask
I think not explaining your reads unless prompted isn't exactly a town mindset. You can summarize your impressions in a few words, doesn't have to be a wall of text.
Is he overestimating himself or does he think I'm too busy reading old Clar tells to reread his posts?
Who are you talking about here?
Oh, look a third point. Saying you're Town is the crux of LAMIST (Look At Me, I'm So Town) behavior.
Yeah, I'd say that's a null tell, at leats I've seen both mafia and town do this sort of thing.
"Look at me, I'm scum hunting and looking for tells in another game so I must be town."
Unless there is something you actually find from that game to share, just sounds like you're forcing a townie feel on us.
Good point, although Panic Station followed up fairly quickly with some findings. Still, repeatedly mentioning this beforehand is mildly suspicious
Somitomi is being more aggressive than I'd expect and really trying to come across as a strong, willing to tunnel on, town player. Null as to whether town or scum, but if I had to pick, slight scum.
Yeah, I haven't played in a while and came in guns blazing. I'm honestly heartbroken you don't understand my bessie impersonation...
sad_dog.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)