Resource XY LC Threat list

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Trubbish
Type: Poison
Base Stats: 50 HP / 50 Atk / 62 Def / 40 SpA / 62 SpD / 65 Spe
Abilities: Stench / Sticky Hold / Aftermath

Trubbish has an incredible niche in the LC tier. Trubbish's Poison-type grants it a lot of resistances including one to the Fighting-type. With Sticky Hold, Trubbish doesn't fear losing its item, allowing it to heal HP with the Berry Juice + Recycle combo. It can easily switch in Fairy-, Fighting-types, or Knock Off users and set up at least one layer of Spikes. Its decent bulk may allow Trubbish to set up one more though. Trubbish can also stop set up sweepers using Clear Smog. Toxic Spikes is another option for hazards, but Toxic Spikes are absorbed to Poison-types, so Spikes usually is better.

Last edited:

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Vullaby

Type: Dark/Flying
Base Stats: 70 HP / 55 Atk / 75 Def / 45 SpA / 65 SpD / 60 Spe
Ability: Big Pecks / Overcoat / Weak Armor (Hidden Ability)

Vullaby, alongside with Archen, are the most effective users of Defog in Little Cup. After Eviolite boost, Vullaby hits a extremely strong 27 Defense, making it a good defensive wall. Vullaby also gets STAB Knock Off, making it a brilliant Support Pokemon, and access to reliable recovery in Roost. Vullaby also have a great ability in Overcoat, which makes it immune to weather damage, but more importantly powder-moves like Spore, Stun Spore and Sleep Powder. This makes Vullaby a perfect Foongus counter, since it also have a strong Flying-type STAB in Brave Bird.

Onix
Type: Rock / Ground
Base Stats: 35 HP / 45 Atk / 160 Def / 30 SpA / 45 SpD / 70 Spe
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Weak Armor (Weak Armor)

Solid 70 Speed, access to Stealth Rock and the ability Sturdy makes Onix one of the best suicide leads in Little Cup. After full speed investment, Onix hits 17 Speed, which lets it speedtie with Pokemon like offensive Mienfoo. What makes Onix different from other Stealth Rock setters like Dwebble is access to Taunt. This lets Onix stop the opponent from setting up rocks and other hazards. Dragon Tail is also a move Onix have access to, letting it force threats to switch out. Earthquake and Rock Blast is also used for general coverage.

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Bunnelby
Type: Normal
Base stats: 38 HP / 36 Atk / 38 Def / 32 SpA / 36 SpD / 57 Spe
Abilities: Pickup / Cheeck Pouch / Huge Power

Bunnelby is one of the strongest Pokemon in Little Cup. With Huge Power and an Adamant nature, Bunnelby hits a whopping 28 Atk stat. It can easily destroy most walls which doesn't resist its powerful STAB, Return. It has also STAB priority, so it can revenge kill with safe. Even Steel- and Rock-types aren't safe; Bunnelby has access to Earthquake. It's usable speed is enough to speed tie with Pawniard. U-turn allows to act as a pivot with success, as it causes a lot of switches. Bunnelby can run a very effective Choice Scarf set, allowing to revenge kill and act as a late-game cleaner, and a powerful Life Orb set, which allows Bunnelby to wallbreak.

Vulpix
Type: Fire
Base stats: 38 HP / 41 Atk / 40 Def / 50 SpA / 65 SpD / 65 Spe
Abilities: Flash Fire / Drought

Vulpix is the queen of offensive sun teams, due to its ability, Drought, which summons sun, allowing it to be a terribly strong Pokemon, while also supporting all teammates which benefit from sun such as Chlorophyll users. Vulpix can cripple or 2HKO almost every single threat in the LC tier. Its sun bosted Fire Blast is one of the strongest attacks in the tier. Also Vulpix has the coverage it needs with Energy Ball, allowing it to hurt Water-types. Vulpix has a coveted speed tier in 17, allowing it to outspeed threats such as Non-Scarf Pawniard. Vulpix can either run an offensive supportive set with Heat Rock, a Life Orb set to max out its power or a Choice Scarf set to act as powerful cleaner and revenge killer.

gali

I just wanna grill, man!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Reserving offensive Larvesta and Diglett

Also I'd consider adding foo to the support section. Abs and I ran teams using SD pass foo that worked very well, since it can actually make use of a +2 boost effectively in addition to passing it.

Last edited:
I only thought this thread had one page so I reserved heaps oh shit thats already complete d 9.9 I have edited this post to cancel my reservations since the y already were complete I will get somr of these done today

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TCR when this is done it'll be html'd in c&c
ok fren
Reserving offensive Larvesta and Diglett

Also I'd consider adding foo to the support section. Abs and I ran teams using SD pass foo that worked very well, since it can actually make use of a +2 boost effectively in addition to passing it.
I'd rather not add in Mienfoo to support. SD foo is still offensive, and I tried to deter away from adding in every baton pass user ever, as it just ends up being so overloaded with users (things like lol drifloon could be considered support then) On that note however, Torchic has been added to support as that is its only role (not some OO material niche set), I can't believe I forgot about it ~.~

More support for SD BP Foo as a Support role would be nice, other than "I did good with this so add it." For example I can't really think how you guys could write a paragraph on support mienfoo when all it can do is Baton Pass for that role. Not to mention that unless its solely passing Subsistutes, SD foo puts it as offensive.

I'm reserving offensive chinchou. If you don't mind, I'm also gonna reserve Support Stunky being a decent method of checking Misdreavus, Abra, Fairies, and Gastly. Also it defogs and Snatches

gali

I just wanna grill, man!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Larvesta
Type: Fire/Bug
Stats: 55 HP/ 85 Atk/55 Def/50 SpA/55 SpD/60 Spe
Abilities: Flame Body/Swarm

Reaching 18 Attack and 24 Speed with a Choice Scarf, Larvesta becomes a powerful revenge killer in Little Cup. Its STAB Flare Blitz does serious damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and its U-Turn is the strongest in the tier. Its unique typing allows it to check many of the tier's top threats, such as Pawniard, Mienfoo, and Cottonee. Knock Off users hesitate to use that move on Larvesta for fear of being crippled from a Flame Body burn. It's effectiveness as a revenge killer is hampered by its debilitating 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, however.

Diglett
Type: Ground
Stats: 10 HP/55 Atk/25 Def/35 SpA/ 45 SpD/95 Spe

Diglett immediately stands out from the rest of the Ground-types in Little Cup thanks to its blazing-fast 20 Speed. This, in addition to its access to Arena Trap, allows it to serve as an effective supporter for offensive teams. Diglett is most often paired with Flying-types such as Fletchling, as it is able to trap the Rock-, Steel-, and Electric-types that resist Flying-type moves and swiftly eliminate them with a super-effective STAB Earthquake. Rock Slide compliments Earthquake nicely, giving it almost flawless neutral coverage, while Sucker Punch provides priority. It also has the fastest Stealth Rock in the tier, as well as Memento to aid in setting up a sweep for something else.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Elekid

Type: Electric
Base Stats: 45 HP / 63 Atk / 37 Def / 65 SpA / 55 SpD / 95 Spe
Ability: Static / Vital Spirit (Hidden Ability)

Elekid is the fastest Pokemon in Little Cup, tied with Diglett and Voltorb, hitting 20 Speed. Elekid also have decent offensive stats, 63 Attack and 65 Special Attack. The mixed and special sets are undoubtedly the most common, since the only viable physical STAB Elekid has is Wild Charge, which has recoil. With Life Orb equipped, Elekid hits extremely hard, and works well as a pivot, because of Volt Switch. The movepool Elekid have access to is also solid. Cross Chop helps it get through things like Porygon and Ferroseed, but also Pawniard switch-ins, and Psychic is also used to hit Fighting-types like Mienfoo and Timburr hard.

Sewaddle
Type: Bug / Grass
Base Stats: 45 HP / 53 Atk / 70 Def / 40 SpA / 60 SpD / 42 Spe
Ability: Chlorophyll / Swarm / Overcoat (HA)

Sewaddle appears not to be much at first glance, however, it has many attributes that allow it to be a threat in LC. First off, it has access to the rare move Sticky Web, which lowers the opponent's Speed by 1. This can be essential to slower partners such as Corphish and Pawniard, as many of their counters are much easier to deal with when they have lowered Speed. Sewaddle's typing also grants it useful Grass- and Water-type resistances, amongst others. Sewaddle also becomes quite bulky with Eviolite, meaning it can reliably set Sticky Web throughout the match, even if a previously set Sticky Web is removed by Defog or Rapid Spin.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Riolu
Base Stats: 40 HP / 70 Atk / 40 Def / 35 SpA / 40 SpD / 60 Spe
Abilities: Steadfast / Inner Focus / Prankster

Riolu is an unique offensive threat. It has a good Attack stat and solid speed, but what defines it as a successful offensive threat is access to both Copycat, usually considered as a gimmick move, and Prankster, so Riolu has an incredible niche as a revenge killer. Copycat combined with Prankster allows Riolu to use an opponent's move with priority. It can use its own moves with priority too; it just need to be the last move used in a turn. Drain Punch provides a very reliable way to Riolu heals its HP back and do solid damage. Protect with Copycat allows Riolu to copy the opponent's last move with safe. Swords Dance boosts Riolu's Attack to sky-high levels. High Jump Kick is an even more powerful move, though less reliable. Even Ghost-types, such as Pumpkaboo aren't safe against Riolu; it has access to Crunch, and while Pumpkaboo is faster than Riolu, the Copycat + Prankster combination makes it be worth nothing when Misdreavus switch into Riolu. Substitute is another indirectely offensive move that allows Riolu to avoid, for instance, Misdreavus's Will-O-Wisp and then Copycat it.

Grimer
Base Stats: 80 HP / 80 Atk / 50 Def / 40 SpA / 50 SpD / 25 Spe
Abilities: Stench / Sticky Hold / Poison Touch

Grimer is quite the underrated Pokemon, but it's an incredible defensive threat. Its 80/50/50 defenses are incredible, and with Sticky Hold, this guy is one of the best counters to Mienfoo and Pawniard. Dealing with Mienfoo is easy because of that Fighting-type resist, and while Pawniard still has the 50% from Knock Off, Grimer can deal with it with its Fire Punch and very high Attack stat. Sticky Hold allows Grimer to always keep its Eviolite so it can act as a Knock Off absorber. Curse allows it to become even more bulky, while still keeping an offensive pressure. Pain Slip can also be used for recovery.

Last edited:

Surskit
Type: Bug / Water
Base Stats: 40 HP / 30 Atk / 32 Def / 50 SpA / 52 SpD / 65 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim / Rain Dish (HA)

Surskit is one of the very few Pokemon in LC with access to the coveted move Sticky Web – which lowers the opponent's Speed upon entry. This can be a massive boon to teams with slower Pokemon, as it gives them a chance to truly shine. Surskit often can set it effectively because it commonly carries a Focus Sash. The support that Sticky Web brings to the battlefield is very crucial to some Pokemon, and Surskit provides this exactly, making a great lead. Surskit also has powerful STAB moves in Hydro Pump and Sticky Web, along with coverage in Ice Beam to make it a threat to watch out for. Surskit can also be a great addition to Rain teams thanks to its high Speed in Rain and support from Sticky Web.

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Magby
Type: Fire
Base Stats: 45 HP / 75 Atk / 37 Def / 70 SpA / 55 SpD / 83 Spe
Abilities: Flame Body / Vital Spirit

Just looking at Magby base stats you can already find out Magby is a powerful threat. It has high Attack stats in both sides and a coveted Speed tier of 19. Magby is know as a sweeper because of its blessing: Belly Drum. At +6 Magby's Attack is boosted to 68, destroying the metagame with its power. Belly Drum should be used with Berry Juice but while using Life Orb Magby hits incredibly hard with Flare Blitz or Fire Punch if recoil is a concern. Cross Chop allows Magby to hit Rock-types such as Tirtouga very hard, while Mach Punch does the same preventing Tirtouga to KO Magby with Aqua Jet and Mach Punch can do heavy damage to threats that otherwise Speed tie or outspeed Magby such as Aipom and Elekid. Magby also learns Thunder Punch so it can aim Water-types super effectively. Return can also be used against Chinchou a common Magby counter which is immune to Thunder Punch. Thief allows Magby to beat Sturdy + Berry Juice users at full health. Flame Body can be used to grant a lucky burn while Vital Spirit allows Magby to act as a sleep absorber. With the right support from Magby's team, it can easily sweep through entire teams.

Ferroseed
Type: Grass / Steel
Base Stats: 44 HP / 50 Atk / 91 Def / 24 SpA / 86 SpD / 10 Spe
Ability: Iron Barbs

Ferroseed is usually know as a defensive threat, but it has also a supportive niche. Ferroseed is one of the few Pokemon with access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes. Offensive teams preffer hazards in the opposing team field so they can always guarantee an OHKO or a 2HKO. Ferroseed can set up these hazards with ease with its incredible bulk. Thunder Wave is also another move appreciated in offensive teams that help slow teammates to outspeed Pokemon that would otherwise threaten then. Ferroseed also learns Bullet Seed so spin its hazard is a hard task to the opposing team.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
I reserve Bulbasaur and Croagunk. I also want to do the rest so nobody do those either (although I'm not allowed to reserve them apparently... -_-). Lol

EDIT: Apparently it wasn't clear that I am joking... I do want to do as many as I can, but that doesn't meant that you can't do them too haha.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab

Bulbasaur
Type: Grass / Poison
Base Stats: 45 HP / 49 Atk / 49 Def / 65 SpA / 65 SpD / 45 Spe
Ability: Overgrow / Chlorophyll (Hidden Ability)

While most Pokemon can no longer pull off sweeping in the weather due to the low amount of turns they have, Bulbasaur is one of the few that makes it work. With Chlorophyll and the sun, Bulbasaur reaches blisteringly fast speeds, fast enough to outspeed even Pokemon equipped with Choice Scarf. It also has great coverage to attack with in STAB Solarbeam, STAB Sludge Bomb, and sun-boosted Hidden Power [Fire]. It also has good bulk for a sweeper while holding an Eviolite, so even if you do survive one of Bulbasaur's attacks it can be hard to take out, and you certainly won't survive two attacks and get the chance to attack it again.

Croagunk
Type: Poison / Fighting
Base Stats: 48 HP / 61 Atk / 40 Def / 61 SpA / 40 SpD / 50 Spe
Ability: Anticipation / Dry Skin / Poison Touch (Hidden Ability)

Due to its wide movepool, Croagunk has the ability to fill many different roles as it supports its team. If the opponent has fast Pokemon that you need to get rid of, Croagunk has many different priority options like Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave, Fake Out, and even Bullet Punch (though it is weak with no STAB). If you need to remove an opponent's pesky held item, Knock Off is there for the job. It can even inflict status, with Toxic to badly poison the opponent and Taunt to prevent Pokemon like Foongus from putting it to sleep. Croagunk also has two useful abilities for support, with Poison Touch enabling it to poison foes who attack it and make contact, and Dry Skin restoring its HP if hit by a Water-type move. The latter also makes it a good Pokemon to set up Rain Dance, as its HP is restored in the rain and it beats the Grass-types that hurt rain teams. All of these valuable qualities make Croagunk the perfect glue for a team, as it can fill in whatever moves your team needs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)