VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reigning World Champion
US National Champion
British National Champion
Italian National Champion

That's a pretty impressive line up.

This pretty much needs to happen. Are there enough of us going to Seattle to take up all 16 finalist spots? In all three age groups? Maybe then we'll finally get VGC up here...

But seriously, we should probably get on that. :P

And congrats to the Arnold family! You guys always impress me (and make me jealous because I'm the only member of my family who plays).
Have a VGC team? You should click the link in my sig and head on over for the tournament next week. :P

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna hedge my hopes on Babbytron, AlphaOmega, and BlueCookies. Good luck to you all though =) Have some good games where all teams play hard.

My predictions.
Junior: Winner: David Alonso (ES), 2th classificated: Fabrizio Sanseverino

Senior: Winner: Enosh Sachar (US), 2th classificated: James Green

Master: Winner: RubeNCB1992 (ES), 2th classificated: Matt coyle or Albert Bos

Very good job to everyone that made it. Good luck today.

I'm very happy that Ruben, Albert and my friend Alexis got that far.

Congrats to everyone that made it!
I hope BC wins again this year :)
And yep, definitely needs more Canadians next year. :P

Europe>USA this year atleast in Masters. Deal with it.

iam proud also to the german armada especially to rebecca and sinan you both did really well..too bad that after a 3-1 they couldnt make it to the Tops...but they showed a lot of potentional!

Hello everyone, this is David Arnold. I just got back to my room, I had a blast and came in 12th place. My sister, Grace, came in 9th in juniors and my brother, Ryan, came in 19th in seniors. Good luck in the finals Human!

Great Job! I said this at nats, but I love your Rain Dance team.

@HagridTwin: It's really cool that your family plays! I'll be teaching my siblings/dad how to play for next year, so things will be interesting :).

Believe top 8 starts in a little over 3 hours but haven't actually checked the schedule yet.

Also it amuses me how some of the European players lump all of Europe together as though it isn't a group of seperate countries(pretty sure that flag Ruben wears is Spanish, not European) especially since the country talking the most shit here has 0 representatives that cut. Again. Environment sure is different at the event than online, maybe you guys should find a better way to discern your self-worth. Sure don't remember the Japanese or Americans trying to talk shit about the top 8 cut instead of the finals of all things the past couple of years and i think we all remember how those went. Probably a good time to get your dicks off the table.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Believe top 8 starts in a little over 3 hours but haven't actually checked the schedule yet.

Also it amuses me how some of the European players lump all of Europe together as though it isn't a group of seperate countries(pretty sure that flag Ruben wears is Spanish, not European) especially since the country talking the most shit here has 0 representatives that cut. Again. Environment sure is different at the event than online, maybe you guys should find a better way to discern your self-worth. Sure don't remember the Japanese or Americans trying to talk shit about the top 8 cut instead of the finals of all things the past couple of years and i think we all remember how those went. Probably a good time to get your dicks off the table.
It's obvious that these comments have been brought on by certain American players questioning the ability of the European players, and the difficulty of European National tournaments. I don't recall European players questioning the difficulty of American qualification in the past either (even when it was a Top 16 for US Nationals). It's all complete nonsense and most of these players are about as good as each other. Just sayin'.

Hoping 7014gree can win Seniors, expecting him to face Human in the final.

Best wishes to Zog, he beat me in Birmingham at the Top 8 stage, hopefully he can do well, I fancy his chances to at least make it to the Top 4.

Good luck to everyone playing though :)

It's obvious that these comments have been brought on by certain American players questioning the ability of the European players, and the difficulty of European National tournaments. I don't recall European players questioning the difficulty of American qualification in the past either (even when it was a Top 16 for US Nationals). It's all complete nonsense and most of these players are about as good as each other. Just sayin'.

Best wishes to Zog, he beat me in Birmingham at the Top 8 stage, hopefully he can do well, I fancy his chances to at least make it to the Top 4.

#agree

and Europe needs somehow a proof that we need much more support . We dont have a LCQ worlds and nationals nearby and have those silly single elimination tournaments. We really need the worlds right here someday.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think the politics of this whole thing are pathetic quite frankly, whatever the justification. We might possibly have the best top 8 seen at Worlds in terms of all the different nations, and I think people should just enjoy what a great day it's going to be. It's one thing to support your nation, but it's another thing to dig at another. I'm personally very excited to see whether an European can win, an American can or even Ray going for a twopeat.

That said, I'm rooting for Zog, Albert, Ray, Ruben and Wolfe. I think they are definitely the best this year and deserve their places surely.

I think the politics of this whole thing are pathetic quite frankly, whatever the justification. We might possibly have the best top 8 seen at Worlds in terms of all the different nations, and I think people should just enjoy what a great day it's going to be. It's one thing to support your nation, but it's another thing to dig at another. I'm personally very excited to see whether an European can win, an American can or even Ray going for a twopeat.

That said, I'm rooting for Zog, Albert, Ray, Ruben and Wolfe. I think they are definitely the best this year and deserve their places surely.
Man I love when you post. <3 your avatar.

<3Gec

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
god reading all this makes me want it to be next year, since im actively thinking of coming to worlds lcq all the way from Holland :P would be a good holiday as well on hawaii if what they say is true and next year is hawaii :P

and may the best man/woman win today, be it american, japanese or european.

I wish a heartfelt congrats and good luck to all those that participate. Though, I am kinda miffed that next year they are going back to Hawaii.

So fucking true :)
Anyway let's wish all of them the best luck and may the best of them win (well, the best won't win as the mode is the biggest bs :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)