VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone else get confirmation on worlds being in Hawaii next year? I saw a post stating it but that was about it. I'd love to go to Hawaii but that means I need a job asap =P

Pretty sure this is not how the technology works. After tagging each other via IR, the connection switches to ad hoc Wifi.
Actually at regionals this didn't seem to be the case, as a few of my friends had a problem with the connection, it indeed does use IR for the duration of the battle, not only initial connection. One of my friends lost because of the lag that was caused by the dses not getting a good IR signal.

Um, is anybody else banned on #skarmbliss? @.@ I think imperfectspider did that.
I'm not. If he seriously did that.... what's even the point?

And the results have been interesting so far. I hope to see some excellent games tomorrow. I suppose there's no need to say good luck against Japan. I really hope they're able to participate next year, they always bring such great competition.

Firestorm, why are there no Canadians playing for World champ? We should fix that next year.

Operation Trick Room was a major failure for me ):
1-4, 25th in Seniors
it was my first VGC event and I still had fun, warstory coming soon
Babbytron for juniors, Bluecookies to repeat in masters

i got kamz as a sleeper pick for seniors, also he beat me r1 so yeah, better win

Actually at regionals this didn't seem to be the case, as a few of my friends had a problem with the connection, it indeed does use IR for the duration of the battle, not only initial connection. One of my friends lost because of the lag that was caused by the dses not getting a good IR signal.
It is IR the whole way through the match, but a constant line of sight is not required, just at times when actual communication is needed.

In the matches I played in my opponent picked their DS up at one point or another and I had to ask them to place their system back down on the table so the IR could communicate again.

Hello everyone, this is David Arnold. I just got back to my room, I had a blast and came in 12th place. My sister, Grace, came in 9th in juniors and my brother, Ryan, came in 19th in seniors. Good luck in the finals Human!

I'm not. If he seriously did that.... what's even the point?

And the results have been interesting so far. I hope to see some excellent games tomorrow. I suppose there's no need to say good luck against Japan. I really hope they're able to participate next year, they always bring such great competition.

Firestorm, why are there no Canadians playing for World champ? We should fix that next year.
Canadians will reign supreme next year at Seattle Regionals :P

Going to edit this post later for more info and thanks to everyone.

Untill then FUERTE! Having a great time!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It seems all my strength was depleted in teaching Jewman how to go undefeated in seniors...

I got lucked out of basically every game except for 1 against Zog and vs tad38 where we both got an even amount. Oh well, playing on the TV for 4 out of 6 of my games because I was at the shit end of the division was great fun!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone, this is David Arnold. I just got back to my room, I had a blast and came in 12th place. My sister, Grace, came in 9th in juniors and my brother, Ryan, came in 19th in seniors. Good luck in the finals Human!
Congrats to you and the rest of the Arnold clan!

GO KAMZ!!! BY LITTLE BRO!!!

Seriously, Kamz & Jeremy are some very good players - but if Kamz wins, i am for sure going to Hawaii.

Canadians will reign supreme next year at Seattle Regionals :P
This pretty much needs to happen. Are there enough of us going to Seattle to take up all 16 finalist spots? In all three age groups? Maybe then we'll finally get VGC up here...

But seriously, we should probably get on that. :P

And congrats to the Arnold family! You guys always impress me (and make me jealous because I'm the only member of my family who plays).

And congrats to the Arnold family! You guys always impress me (and make me jealous because I'm the only member of my family who plays).
Thank you so much. We always have a great time. Once we all started playing together the game became 10 times more fun. I encourage everybody to play, no matter what your age. Playing as a family really brings us together.

Thank you so much. We always have a great time. Once we all started playing together the game became 10 times more fun. I encourage everybody to play, no matter what your age. Playing as a family really brings us together.
And that is what makes the VGC such an amazing experience. My dad personally prefers Medal of Honor, unfortunately. :)

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
me and my brother made top 8(in our own divisons) really proud of him and i really hope i do good tomorrow

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What a mad day. pretty good experience for a first proper VGC season.
I rolled in 27th though with 2-4 aha. R1 was to a perfectly timed crit against me, after though I was a bit down, and played pretty average, one match some hax made me pay for my mistakes hard. Not gonna blame it all on that, I wasn't really great with with Best out of 3 game overall.
It was a good day though, personal highlight was also being on the TV, and my prized Durant doing the business, after getting laughed at by those watching. Would love to go back next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)