Unicycle Mafia - Game Over! Internet wins!

See: most mafias before this.
Honestly, the chances of the mafias being symmetrical is too much to hope for. We should enter this game thinking that the mafias are totally different.
Add to the fact that it's Mekkah Mafia, and you would understand why.

... Oh, right. Sorry. Well, then, I'll still say we lynch Porygon3 for being mafia, and to clear the way to get more mafia later.

EDIT: I have reviewed the evidence, and the opinions. I still doubt Porygon3, but I'll give him one more chance.

IDLE, Porygon3. Inspector, please clean him ... or confirm him as guilty
Changing to no lynch EDIT: No lynch is default this cycle, so I won't bold it anymore.
I will edit my change to my previous post. If he is villy, we may need him.

As I said, I'm reluctant to lynch this cycle.
EDIT: Done

very nice job ik, i can't stop laughing.

v. creative

stealth edit: could you possibly make me one with obama instead of the genric balck guy, it'll be much appreciated (also take out the X obv)

wrong forum, or a troll, HD? EDIT: Oh, wait ... I get it.
So that no one ever claims to be in to troll someone (like <snip> did), I'm copying this for convenience.
Mekkah said:
Alive (24)
Altair
Amelia
Aura Guardian
Bass
Coronis
Engineer Pikachu
Fishin
Fishy
Flamestrike
Genny
Gmax
Lord Jesseus
Mr.378
RB Golbat
Staraptor Call
THE IRON KENYAN
Veedrock
billymills
evan
moot
polelover44
porygon3
reyscarface
shade

At this point I strongly suspect porygon3 is a Godfather. He claimed with a role that would likely get him inspected, and is probably betting that there will be no lynch on Cycle 1. Also, if he has the ability he says he has, and is mafia, he would most likely have some other power, because inspection-blocking is not a very strong ability. Poygon3 wants to get inspected tonight and get "cleaned" due to his mole ability, and then try to lead the village. Lynch poryon3.

Porygon3 is sticking to a clearly mafia claim (mafia character, mafia role) with a village win condition. DAmafia had special n1 actions for each mafia, who knows, maybe all mafia will show up with a slightly altered role PM cycle one this time?

If anyone has any further questions about this lynch, don't hesitate to ask. I'll take full responsibility for this lynch if I have to.

EDIT: I reiterate, because some people are apparently too stupid to get it the first time. Porygon3 is begging to be inspected n1, which is a tell. I really hope we don't waste an inspection on someone like him.

At BEST, the mafia know exactly who we're getting inspected.

Powerful logic, Staraptor Call, and what is a "Godfather" role in mafia?
I will still stay with No Lynch, but I'm hesitant either way.

I'm willing to accept that Porygon3 is suspect, but the inspector can tell some of us next cycle.

Just to clarify, I am not saying the inspector has to inspect me. Obviously it is up to him, and if he wants to pick someone else he can do that. All I said was (real quote) "If any inspector wants to choose me this cycle that would be fine. I can post my role PM next cycle if needed." Mostly because there is no way to prove my role (well no good way), I thought trying to get some kind of proof would be useful. And I'm not about to go random targeting with this. Again I can post my PM next cycle, I doubt that will help since everyone will still assume I am a mole but whatever.

[18:43] <porygon3> i don't really care if inspector cleans me or not, i just don't want to get lynched because my role is stupid

Also you can say "why waste an inspection on p3 when we can random target and try to get a mafia". However if "random lynching is bad because there's a higher chance of hitting a villager", you also MUST believe "random inspecting is bad because there's a higher chance of hitting a villager". So don't act like cleaning one suspicious person is any worse than cleaning a different random person. I'm fine with whatever but honestly that is just stupid.

I can tell you right now that his PM will have unconvincing flavor appeal and a village win condition. Is it really useful to wait a whole day to gain nothing?
Yeah I pretty much said "I have no important flavor text" I don't understand why you keep mentioning that as a way to support your lynch against me, if you could explain it that would be great.

Just a quick FYI: That IRC quote is real. I still am in the "wait" camp, but I could be convinced, I guess. I will wait, though. I still have time.

<porygon3> it's all "no lynch but i am very willing to lynch p3"
<porygon3> no lynch normally does not work out
<Aura_Guardian> If inspector goes for you, then you are clean
<porygon3> unless we have a bunch of killer roles
<Aura_Guardian> if you really are villy
<porygon3> i don't really care if inspector cleans me or not, i just don't want to get lynched because my role is stupid
<Aura_Guardian> If the inspector cleans you
<porygon3> people still would not believe me anyway
<Aura_Guardian> then you can guard the BG against enemy inspections

EDIT: I only recently learned how to get timestamps, so I won't edit them in.

If any inspector wants to choose me this cycle that would be fine. I can post my role PM next cycle if needed.

I might idle this cycle so I don't hit anyone trying to clean me.
Here you suggest that you should be inspected, twice.

Ok guys yeah I know it does sound like a Monster character and a mafia role. But if I was mafia, and I've said this to a few people already, don't you think I would come up with a better role to false claim? Don't you think I would figure out a better character to claim? And that's if Mekkah didn't even give the mafias false claim material, which would surprise me.
Sure, you could. You could also have fucked up. Everyone does it.

If everyone thinks I am mafia then that's even more reason to inspect me. As far as I know, I am not a miller.
Uhh, yea. That's probably the most direct you could be.

Sure I could have made up something different but then someone inspects me and the result doesn't match up with my claim at all, and I would seem even more suspicious that way.

Well in Pokemon Mafia one of the mafias had a role that could make a player appear to be an NPC if inspected, and I think he used it on his team every time (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
You'd have a perfectly good reason for claiming such, read Mekkah's third post.

Saying that a mafia had a role like this in the past isn't the best way of cleaning yourself, but whatever floats your boat.

Just to clarify, I am not saying the inspector has to inspect me. Obviously it is up to him, and if he wants to pick someone else he can do that. All I said was (real quote) "If any inspector wants to choose me this cycle that would be fine. I can post my role PM next cycle if needed." Mostly because there is no way to prove my role (well no good way), I thought trying to get some kind of proof would be useful. And I'm not about to go random targeting with this. Again I can post my PM next cycle, I doubt that will help since everyone will still assume I am a mole but whatever.
If that's actually your role, then you really should have changed your flavor around a bit. There is no way I'm letting a monster that may or may not exist lead me against the Monsters that May or May Not Exist (note capitals).

Also you can say "why waste an inspection on p3 when we can random target and try to get a mafia". However if "random lynching is bad because there's a higher chance of hitting a villager", you also MUST believe "random inspecting is bad because there's a higher chance of hitting a villager". So don't act like cleaning one suspicious person is any worse than cleaning a different random person. I'm fine with whatever but honestly that is just stupid.
First, this isn't random lynching. You claimed a terrible character with a terrible role. Second random inspecting is not bad because it cleans a person or incriminates a person. Most importantly, random inspecting gives an element of surprise. A mafia doesn't know which person to block (presumably one or more inspect-blocking roles exist in this game). Lynching a person is a more definitive version of cleaning people, inspecting works better if it's a surprise. It's rare (but not impossible) to stop a lynch.

I am a rather common (yet equally dull) role if anyone wants to hear. Also, If anyone needs more convincing, I'll be around IRC.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick FYI: That IRC quote is real. I still am in the "wait" camp, but I could be convinced, I guess. I will wait, though. I still have time.
[blah blah blah]
And if porygon3 is a mole? We just wasted an entire cycle, gave the mafia a cycle to kill us off, and porygon3 woulda just gotten a ton of information from claims... I think we should just try and get someone this cycle, and have the inspector clean whoever is trying to lead the village, like Veedrock, but if we are to claim early, like Veedrock suggested, I think the entire role, alignment, and flavor isn't really necessary. Maybe just role and win condition? (e.g. i can redirect a night kill to someone else, and i win if the village wins. (that's not mine))

Here you suggest that you should be inspected, twice.
At that point I was assuming someone would want to inspect me, to clean the (then) only person doing anything.

Sure, you could. You could also have fucked up. Everyone does it.
If I'm going to publically claim and try to lead a village, if I was mafia, I wouldn't "fuck up" like that. "Oops I accidently forgot to change my character name/ability when I claimed villager" is not exactly an excuse you would hear too often.

Uhh, yea. That's probably the most direct you could be.
Again, I was assuming everyone would want to and was trying to explain my reasoning for what I was suggesting. Something you still have not done for the whole flavor text thing.

You'd have a perfectly good reason for claiming such, read Mekkah's third post.

Saying that a mafia had a role like this in the past isn't the best way of cleaning yourself, but whatever floats your boat.
Yeah I'll just make up some completely different role, then IF I get inspected and the results don't match up with my claim AT ALL I bet nobody would find that suspicious !! Also good job taking that last part out of context, way to be relevant.

If that's actually your role, then you really should have changed your flavor around a bit. There is no way I'm letting a monster that may or may not exist lead me against the Monsters that May or May Not Exist (note capitals).
That's not changing my flavor a bit, that's completely changing my role, going back to what I said above.

I agree more or less with your last paragraph, although "lynching a person is a more definitive version of cleaning people" is probably not the best way of wording it since in that case it is just "you're dead, looks like you were/weren't clean!" and doesn't accomplish anything after that "cleaning".

Engineer Pikachu, I don't think anyone else is claiming to me at this point regardless of what happens. I'll add that to the 0 claims I have gotten and I'm pretty much not doing anything in this game.

I meant make up a completely different character. I couldn't care if you fake your character in order to come up with a reasonable claim, if your role stays the same.

No, it wouldn't be suspicious, because it'd still say you're a villager, which is more than I believe right now =/

I meant make up a completely different character. I couldn't care if you fake your character in order to come up with a reasonable claim, if your role stays the same.

No, it wouldn't be suspicious, because it'd still say you're a villager, which is more than I believe right now =/
Your word choice indicates that you would call someone declaring themself a poodle when they are actually a dragon, as long as they do not change their ability, would not be suspicious. I would disagree. I get the sense that if pory3 is mafia, then he is a scapegoat. for billymills to gain our trust. I merely cast suspicions, no votes yet.

I really doubt this would be much different if I had said "I am [some character that is not a monster or a well armed man] with an inspection blocking ability". Me being a Dementor is not the only thing causing all of this.

I would think it'd be suspicious because even though it says I'm a villager, it says I'm something I did not claim (and in this case, says I'm a Dementor when I claimed to be something nice). That isn't a whole let better imo, but I guess I could be wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)