Unicycle Mafia - Game Over! Internet wins!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
also, playing devil's advocate, you seemed quite ready to give your explanation that "if you were mafia, you wouldn't have claimed something so suspicious", so ready, that I wonder if you're just using reverse psychology on us.

1) The default is No Lynch on Cycle 1.
2) Anyone voting otherwise will have little effect.
3) Majority is > 50% of all players, not of voters
4) I do not want to jump to conclusions
5) Engineer Pikachu brings up a good point
6) Still going with No Lynch, but ... well ... porygon3 is suspicious.
If he really is what he claims, then Inspection blockers exist. Question to ponder on: will they block their own teammates from beiing inspected, or will they try to draw fire away from them by blocking others?
7) We need to talk a lot more about everything before any of us jump to any conclusions.

If everyone thinks I am mafia then that's even more reason to inspect me. As far as I know, I am not a miller.

And at least I'm trying to do something for the village here. I don't see anyone else doing anything yet, do you? Sure I could have made up something different but then someone inspects me and the result doesn't match up with my claim at all, and I would seem even more suspicious that way.

Also if you guys are hoping my flavor text has some amazing story about how my character changed sides, you're going to be disappointed. If that's the only thing stopping you from lynching me then I guess I'm getting lynched right now.

also, playing devil's advocate, you seemed quite ready to give your explanation that "if you were mafia, you wouldn't have claimed something so suspicious", so ready, that I wonder if you're just using reverse psychology on us.
No it's just that I have already had to explain it so many times to people on IRC.

edit:
If he really is what he claims, then Inspection blockers exist. Question to ponder on: will they block their own teammates from beiing inspected, or will they try to draw fire away from them by blocking others?
Well in Pokemon Mafia one of the mafias had a role that could make a player appear to be an NPC if inspected, and I think he used it on his team every time (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

No. I'm very hesitant to lynch anyone right now. Anyway, we are only a few of the 24, 13 of whom (12 if there's a mayor) have to vote to lynch you. While you are suspicious, I only put the finger of suspicion, not of lynching, on you.

So pleease don't jump to the conclusion that we are trying to get you. We merely arrived at the conclusion that you are suspect of being mafia, but we still have no proof. I do not yet have a compelling reason to try a lynch on you, and I'd rather have a reason other than suspicion, so I'm stayin at default no lynch vote, at least for now.

Attention citizens:

I'm looking forward to lynching somebody. Tell me if this is a good idea: sit on our asses all cycle, allow mafia/wolf to rack up a few kills AND perfect their false claims, and have 1 inspection result to start the village on their way. Think things through; no risk, no reward.

Let me be blunt; if we lynch a villager, I don't care. If the circumstances leading to this conclusion were not completely random (meaning don't randlynch, find a suspect), chances are that the village will have a collection of information come C2, rather than taking the 'safe route' and being in the dark C2 (see above). An accidental lynch here will not cause as much harm as dicking around and gathering nothing.

Time to step up.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
OK, however, who do we know to lynch? We've have approximately 7 people who have made semi-sincere/related posts out of 24. Do we take a shot in the dark? Or do we wait?

There's 72 hours in the cycle, we have time. The sooner we act the better though. The more complete information we have the more accurate our actions can be. There is more than just a lynch going on right now. We also need to decide who to target with our respective abilities.

I'm going to make a small case in p3's favor. I expect there to be a lot of villagers. It is not possible for every villager to have an important role, or even one that's beneficial in a lot of circumstances. I don't expect vanilla roles, as such there will be a lot of filler roles. What we can deduce from his ability, provided it's real, is that there's probably a multitude of enemy inspectors to be wary of. I would hope no more than two (one mafia faction and a buffed wolf, or one on each mafia faction), but it can come in handy given the right circumstances.

I am pursuing a role name and ability from everyone. Hesitation will not benefit you in any way; I've mentioned a lynched villager will be of little consequence in the long run so you'll find no hesitation on my part.

There's 72 hours in the cycle, we have time. The sooner we act the better though. The more complete information we have the more accurate our actions can be. There is more than just a lynch going on right now. We also need to decide who to target with our respective abilities.

I'm going to make a small case in p3's favor. I expect there to be a lot of villagers. It is not possible for every villager to have an important role, or even one that's beneficial in a lot of circumstances. I don't expect vanilla roles, as such there will be a lot of filler roles. What we can deduce from his ability, provided it's real, is that there's probably a multitude of enemy inspectors to be wary of. I would hope no more than two (one mafia faction and a buffed wolf, or one on each mafia faction), but it can come in handy given the right circumstances.

I am pursuing a role name and ability from everyone. Hesitation will not benefit you in any way; I've mentioned a lynched villager will be of little consequence in the long run so you'll find no hesitation on my part.
ok yeah i like this plan. i'm a huge waste of space in this village and i look forward to cleaning myself early; my role is so useless i can be used for little more than nothing at all so i can publicly claim and not give a shit about getting targeted; worst-case scenario, village loses a vote, best-case, we have someone to rally around and actually get something going

i'm gosalyn mallard, darkwing duck's daughter. i get the # of actions sent in as soon as Mekkah reads my pm. no other information is provided to me. SO YEAH I'M PRETTY POWERFUL GUYS LOL

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd rather take an alternative route, providing cardflip is on. The inspector(s) should either inspect Veedrock or porygon3 to lead/clean/whatever, while we just randomly shoot someone. Not saying I don't trust Veedrock, but we don't have ANY proof that he's village. No role, no flavor, no nothing.

Guys, i can testify that Gosalyn Mallard is in the game, as i'm darkwing duck and my role pm tells me about Gosalyn.

Veedrock, why in the world should we claim to you? You haven't even done anything to prove yourself, apart from your logic, and if you were a mafia, you would want that logic. I don't suspect you, but i don't see any reason to claim to you for now anyway.

(O, and i just exposed my role name, so if you want that take it).
Moot, i'll be interested in talking to you on IRC.
I'll say that Moot is safe to claim to. You may or may not trust me.

First mafia game, Lord Jesseus?
No I just figure with the default being No Lynch in this cycle the odds of this Lynch actually being carried out are highly unlikely (unless everyone follows suit and decides that many syllables is indeed a valid reason to Lynch.....) and it is therefore relatively safe to make silly Lynch posts.

OK, however, who do we know to lynch? We've have approximately 7 people who have made semi-sincere/related posts out of 24. Do we take a shot in the dark? Or do we wait?
I would like to have 100% aim and use 50% of the lynches than 50% aim and use 100%. Fewer casualties, that way.
Veedrock said:
Attention citizens:

I'm looking forward to lynching somebody. Tell me if this is a good idea: sit on our asses all cycle, allow mafia/wolf to rack up a few kills AND perfect their false claims, and have 1 inspection result to start the village on their way. Think things through; no risk, no reward.

Let me be blunt; if we lynch a villager, I don't care. If the circumstances leading to this conclusion were not completely random (meaning don't randlynch, find a suspect), chances are that the village will have a collection of information come C2, rather than taking the 'safe route' and being in the dark C2 (see above). An accidental lynch here will not cause as much harm as dicking around and gathering nothing.

Time to step up.
Porygon3, I think the finger of suspicion is still on you, but I also now have doubts about Veedrock. If one of them is mafia, then I'd guess that one of them is, too.

Also, Amelia and Moot claimed roles that mention the other. If we recall Blindness Mafia, wasn't the olympian family divided in loyalties? I'm not implying much here, merely bringing it to everyone's attention. If one of them lied, then the other likely did, too, though.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if was asking me who suspicion person was I did say Porygon3. Lynch of village first cycle is badest idea, information is what do need. Us need to be above the clouds of certainty

Lynch Porygon3

I gave you an out, but no, you'd just rather stand hard to your claim.

No one should request to be inspected, ever. That often implies you have something to guard against inspection. Should the inspector inspect you tonight, then we'd have no target for tomorrow at all. But that'd be fine I presume?

Mekkah almost always makes sure everyone has enough false-claim material to go around. Just look at FEmafia and DA mafia. A PM-making roles, flavor roles that do nothing productive but are actually verifiable, etc. I'm sure a mafia role PM that comes up with a village WC is completely possible. If you are village, you just got the wrong role to start with and didn't do anything to reduce suspicion (claiming C1 with a role like that?), sorry!

EDIT: in response to Genny, but for all, really.

Yes, but how do we become certain? Do we wait until Cycle 2, or do we debate more? Each way has some merits (I've already expressed a desire to avoid lynches this one cycle). My avoidance of lynches this cycle will bow to near-certainty. It will not bow to much else.
Q: Are we certain?
A: Probably not.
If we mislynch, worst case is the mafias and wolves (I'm assuming there will be some) and/or other neuturals will ally by Cycle 2 (3 seems reasonable, but this is worst-case) and soon destroy us. I doubt there will be many deaths Cycle 1, so it is to our advantage to wait one cycle, I think. Worst-case is not likely, which is why I'm willing to take that risk. As far as I can tell, any lynch now is, as Engineer Pikachu mentioned, we likely will be shooting in the dark. Why not wait long enought to light a candle first?

EDIT: Ok, ok. I guess a reasonable suspicion will do. Lynch and delete Porygon3.
EDIT: Changed back to no lynch. I'm willing to give him another chance (but only one more, I think)
EDIT: For the record, I'm reluctant to lynch this cycle, but I guess we have enough evidence to give it a go.

Because porygon3 wants to be inspected, and given most of the reactions in this thread I presume he will be.

I can tell you right now that his PM will have unconvincing flavor appeal and a village win condition. Is it really useful to wait a whole day to gain nothing?

At that point, we'll have no target, and a porygon3 that is just as clean as before. If we lynch him now, we have another potential target tomorrow in the inspection. As veedrock said, we gain little confirmed information between now and tomorrow. There is no way we would no lynch n2 (It would never happen). Since we gain nearly nothing between then, why not take the shot in the dark now?

Hell, he might not even exist.

At the moment I can't get on IRC as I have to run out the door but I will be on later tonight - i would urge you guys to just cut out any doubts, no lynch, and we'll clear P3 next cycle.

Or not-clear him, if you're a glass-empty kinda guy

And if the inspection blockers block him being inspected, then what will we do? Is it to hide his fake role claim, or to make us more suspicious. If he is villy (worst-case scenario if we lynch him), which I now doubt, but would be willing to consider again if I get enough evidence for him (or disproving the evidence against him), then we at least would know that village may have some dubious roles. Best-case, we remove an obstacle from inspectors. I think the chance has great odds, and a great reward if it works. Everyone, let's vote lynch him, but stop at 12 votes. That way, if we are more convinced tomorrow (We have a while yet, right?) then we can finish him off with our vote.

I'm assuming, as we all should, that there will be some because Porygon3 claimed to be one. Also, if porygon3 is telling the truth, then we will gain a massive insight as to the mafia abilities.

If he is a mafia, as you say, then he is likely the only inspection blocker (given, if he is telling the truth about his role). And if the inspection is blocked, then we know who to lynch, don't we?

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
hey guys posting to say that I am very pleased to be without a terrible posting restriction!

also moot if you are the hooker please fuck me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)