Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
make your own thread

Really, you could actually submit this as a pet mod in my opinion, this just isn't the right place to discuss it

Also breaking away from that point I think Samtendo09's Hyper Beam is a bad idea. Bulky attackers have barely any penalty, and Analytic users have an outright advantage. Giving every bulky special attacker 150 BP Light coverage they can spam with little drawback is a bad idea. I would much rather it act like Gen 1 Hyper Beam if you want a viable Hyper Beam.
Good point. I will change it so that it works like Gen 1: It will not force the user to recharge if it knocked the target out. With that, one can switch-in, take a resisted hit (especially a double resistance or/and if the switching-in Pokemon have great Special bulk) and leave the recharging user at their mercy.

And yeah, I'd agree that this is not the right place to discuss a Region that don't even have to do with this Pet Mod right here.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Right. Changed vote to Origin0 (making Bug weak to Light is dumb imo, especially given that bugs resist radiation and we've already well established that Sun is still Fire)
Yh but on the flipside, several types of bugs are attracted to bright lights, and are often rendered in a helpless state, and they have lamps designed to zap bugs.

Yh but on the flipside, several types of bugs are attracted to bright lights, and are often rendered in a helpless state, and they have lamps designed to zap bugs.
theres bird-eating spiders, fires that burn on water, and plants resistant to cold, so quite frankly bug-killing lamps dont set a precedent in the slightest, you know, unlike bugs resistant to radiation

also theres a goddamn reason that its "like moths to a flame" rather than "like moths to a lightbulb", just like theres a goddamn reason that fire-type still exists, even though you clearly do not want it to

ALSO also bugs are attracted to leaves but that doesn't make grass SE against bug

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
ALSO also bugs are attracted to leaves but that doesn't make grass SE against bug
kind of a strange comparison since leaves can't do anything to bugs except let them be eaten

although i do agree that bug shouldn't be weak to light since both sides can really do anything to each other too much, neutral imo would be the best thing

kind of a strange comparison since leaves can't do anything to bugs except let them be eaten

although i do agree that bug shouldn't be weak to light since both sides can really do anything to each other too much, neutral imo would be the best thing
Counterpoint (to both you and G-Luke): venus flytrap. Bug can be weak to anything if you try hard enough.

Honestly people should stop focusing on "oh this can kill a bug" and instead think with their brains "is this really SPECIAL at killing bugs, or is it not? or is it legitimately just a corner case under which every example is actually an example of why fire is good against Bug, and my point is contradicted by even basic knowledge of how bugs interact with radiation?"

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Counterpoint (to both you and G-Luke): venus flytrap. Bug can be weak to anything if you try hard enough.
fair point

Then again, couldn't we just vote on a specific match-up once the type's match-ups are voted upon if there's a divide on it? If I'm not mistaken (and if I am I apologize), Heart's match-up against Ground was changed due to it being unbalanced, although it making no sense also was put into it's reasonable veto. That makes it a poor comparison, but since it happened, I assume we can tweak the winning match-ups for Light if one match-up isn't agreed upon fully.

Not trying to argue with you Pika, I, again, agree with you regarding Light's match-up against Bug. Just curious about what I questioned above.

Matchup: Samtendo09

Moves:
Radiant Charge (Origin0)
Searing Light (Origin0)
Hardlight Ray (Origin0)
Laser Beam (Origin0)
Glint (Estronic)
Gamma Rays (Estronic)
UV Uppercut (Estronic)
Ballistic Photon (Estronic)
Supernova (Samtendo09)
Rainbow Slash (Samtendo09)
Rainbow Kunais (Samtendo09)
Bright Shield (Samtendo09)
Hot Flashes (Dilasc)
Searchlight (Dilasc)
Shine Bright (Ninetales Dragons)
Blackout (Aquatic Panic)

Flash
Spotlight
Confuse Ray
Photon Geyser
Light that Burns the Sky (Samtendo09)
Light of Ruin (Samtendo09)
Prismatic Laser (Samtendo09)
Aurora Beam (Samtendo09)
Morning Sun
Simple Beam
Tail Glow
Reflect
Light Screen
Light Speed
Luster Purge (Origin0)

Z-move: Radiance Nova (Origin0)

Abilities:
Illuminate
Radiant (Estronic)
Sun Lamp (Brodaha)
Keen Eye (Samtendo09)
Light Absorb (PseudoRidge)

Items:
Light Gem
Light Memory
Lightium-Z
Kerret Berry (Origin0)
Lantern (Estronic)
Luminous Plate (Aquatic Panic)
Mirror (Aquatic Panic)
Absorption Prism (Samtendo09)

Modified Pokemon:
Ledian (Samtendo09)
Lanturn (Samtendo09)
Sunflora (Samtendo09)
Ampharos (Samtendo09)
Bellossom (Samtendo09)
Beautifly (Samtendo09)
Volbeat (Samtendo09)
Illumise (Samtendo09)
Cherrim (Samtendo09)
Lumineon (Samtendo09)
Watchog (Samtendo09)
Cryogonal (Samtendo09)
Heliolisk (Samtendo09)
Shiinotic (Samtendo09)
Ho-oh (-)
Sableye (including Mega) (-)
Luxray (-)
Gigalith (-)
Floette-E (-)
Lycanroc-D (-)
Xurkitree (-)
Necrozma (-)
Necrozma-DW (-)
Necrozma-DM (-)
Ultra Necrozma (-)
Latias (Including Mega) (-)
Zoroark (-)
Malamar (AquaticPanic)
Inkay (AquaticPanic)
Blacephalon (AquaticPanic)
Druddigon (-)

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Official Post

Aaand voting phase is closed! Here are the winners! (I counted the votes for Gravity Monkey as he have difficult time to count the votes atm)

Remember, the Moves, Abiliies, Items and Pokemon modifications with 1/2 votes will be winner, so since we are six voters, three votes will be counted as a winner.

Matchup: A three-way tie between G-Luke, Origin0 and mine, Cast your vote for the tiebreaker!

Lightsaber (PsuedoRidge) 4
Blackout (AquaticPanic) 5
Radiant Charge (Origin0) 6
Light Burst (Origin0) 4
Searing Light (Origin0) 4
Hardlight Ray (Origin0) 4
Light Bulb (Origin0) 5
Dazzling Dance (Origin0) 4
Glimmer Gulp (Estronic) 3
Supernova (Samtendo09) 6
Hardlight Punch (Samtendo09) 3
Radiance Fall (Samtendo09) 4
Rainbow Slash (Samtendo09) 3
Rainbow Kunais (Samtendo09) 6
Bright Shield (Samtendo09) 4
Glow Dance (Samtendo09) 3
Light Blast (Dilasc) 3
Bright Light (Ninetales Dragons) 3
Light Beam (DatHeatmor) 3

Z-Move: Radiance Nova (Origin0) 2
(2 is not 1/2 of votes but the other voters didn't bothered to vote for one so...)

Flash (-) 5
Spotlight (-) 5
Confuse Ray (-) 5
Photon Geyser (-) + Light that Burns the Sky (Samtendo09) 4
Morning Sun (-) 5
Simple Beam (-) 5
Tail Glow (-) 5
Reflect (-) 5
Light Screen (-) 5
Hyper Beam (Samtendo09) 3
Light of Ruin (Samtendo09) 5
Prismatic Laser (Samtendo09) 5
Aurora Beam (Samtendo09) 5
Signal Beam (Samtendo09) 3
Light Speed (-) 5
Warm Glow (-) 4
Luster Purge (Origin0) 3

Illuminate (-) 6
Mirror Body (Origin0) 4
Deflector (Estronic) 3
Quick Flash (Samtendo09) 3
Light Absorb (PsuedoRidge) 4

Light Gem, Light Memory, Lightium-Z (-) 5
Kerret Berry (Origin0) 5
Lantern (Estronic) 4
Shiny Plate (Samtendo09) 3
Big Quartz (Samtendo09) 3
Absorption Prism (Samtendo09) 4
Hardlight Vest (Samtendo09) 3

Ledian line (Samtendo09) 5

Lanturn line (Samtendo09) 5

Sunflora (Samtendo09) 5

Bellossom (Samtendo09) 5

Beautifly (Samtendo09) 5

Volbeat (Samtendo09) 5

Illumise (Samtendo09) 4

Sunshine Cherrim (Samtendo09) 4

Lumineon line (Samtendo09) 5

Phione (Samtendo09) 4

Watchhog (Samtendo09) 4

Lilligant line (Samtendo09) 4

Cryogonal (Samtendo09) 5

Heliolisk line (Samtendo09) 5

Shiinotic line (AquaticPanic) 4

Raichu line (excluding Alolan Raichu type-wise) (Pika Xreme) 4

/

Inkay + Malamar, respectively (AquaticPanic) 4

Starmie line (-) 3

Typhlosion (-) 3

Ampharos line (Mega Ampharos is
) (-) 3

Ho-Oh (-) 4

Sableye and Mega Sableye (-) 3

Luxray line (-) 4

Gigalith line (-) 4

Florges line + Floette-Eternal (-) (If won, Floette-Eternal will be counted as released) 4
As Floette-Eternal won, this Pokemon will be considered as released which means it (alongside Light of Ruin) can be used in this Pet Mod.

Xerneas (-) 3

Xurkitree (-) 4

Blacephalon (-) 3

Necrozma (-) 5

Dusk Mane Necrozma (-) 5

Dawn Wings Necrozma (-) 5

Ultra Necrozma (-) 5

All left is for Gravity Monkey to announce the distribution phase while I put the winners in the spreadsheet. In the meanwhile, discuss about the winners if needed. Distribution for modified moves are entirely optional.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Official post

Official Post

Aaand voting phase is closed! Here are the winners! (I counted the votes for Gravity Monkey as he have difficult time to count the votes atm)

Remember, the Moves, Abiliies, Items and Pokemon modifications with 1/2 votes will be winner, so since we are six voters, three votes will be counted as a winner.

Matchup: A three-way tie between G-Luke, Origin0 and mine, Cast your vote for the tiebreaker!

Lightsaber (PsuedoRidge) 4
Blackout (AquaticPanic) 5
Radiant Charge (Origin0) 6
Light Burst (Origin0) 4
Searing Light (Origin0) 4
Hardlight Ray (Origin0) 4
Light Bulb (Origin0) 5
Dazzling Dance (Origin0) 4
Glimmer Gulp (Estronic) 3
Supernova (Samtendo09) 6
Hardlight Punch (Samtendo09) 3
Radiance Fall (Samtendo09) 4
Rainbow Slash (Samtendo09) 3
Rainbow Kunais (Samtendo09) 6
Bright Shield (Samtendo09) 4
Glow Dance (Samtendo09) 3
Light Blast (Dilasc) 3
Bright Light (Ninetales Dragons) 3
Light Beam (DatHeatmor) 3

Z-Move: Radiance Nova (Origin0) 2
(2 is not 1/2 of votes but the other voters didn't bothered to vote for one so...)

Flash (-) 5
Spotlight (-) 5
Confuse Ray (-) 5
Photon Geyser (-) + Light that Burns the Sky (Samtendo09) 4
Morning Sun (-) 5
Simple Beam (-) 5
Tail Glow (-) 5
Reflect (-) 5
Light Screen (-) 5
Hyper Beam (Samtendo09) 3
Light of Ruin (Samtendo09) 5
Prismatic Laser (Samtendo09) 5
Aurora Beam (Samtendo09) 5
Signal Beam (Samtendo09) 3
Light Speed (-) 5
Warm Glow (-) 4
Luster Purge (Origin0) 3

Illuminate (-) 6
Mirror Body (Origin0) 4
Deflector (Estronic) 3
Quick Flash (Samtendo09) 3
Light Absorb (PsuedoRidge) 4

Light Gem, Light Memory, Lightium-Z (-) 5
Kerret Berry (Origin0) 5
Lantern (Estronic) 4
Shiny Plate (Samtendo09) 3
Big Quartz (Samtendo09) 3
Absorption Prism (Samtendo09) 4
Hardlight Vest (Samtendo09) 3

Ledian line (Samtendo09) 5

Lanturn line (Samtendo09) 5

Sunflora (Samtendo09) 5

Espeon (-) 3

Bellossom (Samtendo09) 5

Beautifly (Samtendo09) 5

Volbeat (Samtendo09) 5

Illumise (Samtendo09) 4

Sunshine Cherrim (Samtendo09) 4

Lumineon line (Samtendo09) 5

Phione (Samtendo09) 4

Watchhog (Samtendo09) 4

Lilligant line (Samtendo09) 4

Cryogonal (Samtendo09) 5

Heliolisk line (Samtendo09) 5

Shiinotic line (AquaticPanic) 4 / (Samtendo09) 1

Raichu line (excluding Alolan Raichu type-wise) (Pika Xreme) 4

/

Inkay + Malamar, respectively (AquaticPanic) 4

Starmie line (-) 3

Typhlosion (-) 3

Ampharos line (Mega Ampharos is
) (-) 3 / Mega Ampharos excluded, 2

Ho-Oh (-) 4

Sableye and Mega Sableye (-) 3

Luxray line (-) 4

Gigalith line (-) 4

Florges line + Floette-Eternal (-) (If won, Floette-Eternal will be counted as released) 4
As Floette-Eternal won, this Pokemon will be considered as released which means it (alongside Light of Ruin) can be used in this Pet Mod.

Xerneas (-) 3

Xurkitree (-) 4

Blacephalon (-) 3

Necrozma (-) 5

Dusk Mane Necrozma (-) 5

Dawn Wings Necrozma (-) 5

Ultra Necrozma (-) 5

All left is for Gravity Monkey to announce the distribution phase while I put the winners in the spreadsheet. In the meanwhile, discuss about the winners if needed.
Thank you really, really much for counting the votes, Samtendo. Thanks to that, we can start directly the distibution phase! Still, if you find the need to discuss about the winners, you can still do it.

Slate #7 (Space Type) — Distribution Phase

This slate is special because it's only voting. You mention the pokemons that should get the moves/ability, and it will count as a vote.

Example:
All fire typed pokemons, Blitzle line, Genesect, Gourgeist line, Pikipek line, Mew, Celesteela, Solgaleo, Type:Null line, Fletchinder line

With that in mind, let's get started![/QUOTE]

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Official Post

Let's not forget to mention this time that when distributing an Ability to any non-Mega Pokemon, you should precise which Ability slot it will be placed in. If the Pokemon have already three Abilities (make sure to also check the spreadsheet), please precise which of the three old Abilities you want to replace.

Samtendo09's Matchup for tiebreaker

Moves:
Lightsaber
Malamar line, Necrozma, Mewtwo, Absol, Gallade, Cresselia, Kartana, Aegislash line, Samurott line

Blackout
Lanturn line, Volbeat, Illumise, Phione, Watchog, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Shiinotic line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma

Radiant Charge
Volbeat, Phione, Watchog, Raichu line, Malamar line, Ho-Oh, Luxray line, Gigalith line, Xerneas, Blacephalon, Necrozma, Arceus, Solrock, Solgaleo

Light Burst
Ledian line, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Bellossom, Beautifly, Volbeat, Illumise, Cherrim, Lumineon line, Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Shiinotic line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Luxray line, Gigalith line, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma

Searing Light
Sunflora, Cherrim, Heliolisk line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma, Solrock

Hardlight Ray
Sunflora, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Gigalith line, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Necrozma

Light Bulb
Ledian line, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Bellossom, Beautifly, Volbeat, Illumise, Cherrim, Lumineon line, Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Shiinotic line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Luxray line, Gigalith line, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma, Alakazam line, Slowbro/Slowking line, Mew, Espeon, Unown, Metagross line, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Victini, Beeheeyem line, Delphox line, Oranguru, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Arceus

Dazzling Dance
Ledian line, Sunflora, Bellossom, Beautifly, Volbeat, Illumise, Cherrim, Phione, Lilligant line, Shiinotic line, Ho-Oh, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Oricorio, Volcarona, Ribombee line, Cresselia

Glimmer Gulp
Ledian line, Lanturn line, Lumineon line, Heliolisk line, Guzzlord, Solgaleo

Supernova
Sunflora, Cryogonal, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Gigalith line, Blacephalon, Necrozma, Solrock, Lunatone, Solgaleo

Hardlight Punch
Ledian line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Necrozma, Hitmonchan, Golurk line, Infernape

Radiance Fall
Ledian line, Volbeat, Malamar line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Luxray line, Necrozma

Rainbow Slash
Ledian line, Sunflora, Bellossom, Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Xerneas, Necrozma

Rainbow Kunais
Ho-Oh, Gigalith line, Necrozma, Greninja, Accelgor

Bright Shield
Ledian line, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Bellossom, Beautifly, Volbeat, Illumise, Cherrim, Lumineon line, Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Shiinotic line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Luxray line, Gigalith line, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma, Mr. Mime line, Solrock, Lunatone, Aurorus line, Arceus

Glow Dance
Ledian line, Sunflora, Volbeat, Illumise, Cherrim, Lumineon line, Phione, Watchog, Malamar line, Starmie line, Ampharos line, Luxray line, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma

Light Blast
Ledian line, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Bellossom, Beautifly, Volbeat, Illumise, Cherrim, Lumineon line, Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Shiinotic line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Luxray line, Gigalith line, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma, Solgaleo

Bright Light
Lanturn line, Volbeat, Illumise, Lumineon line, Phione, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma

Light Beam
Ledian line, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Bellossom, Beautifly, Volbeat, Illumise, Cherrim, Lumineon line, Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Shiinotic line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Luxray line, Gigalith line, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Necrozma, Mew, Mewtwo, Aurorus line, Venusaur line, Vileplume, Moltres, Meganium line, Solrock, Lunatone, Groudon, Solgaleo, Clefable line, Porygon line, Latias, Latios, Deoxys, Cresselia, Sceptile line, Serperior line, Lurantis line

Morning Sun
Ledian line, Lanturn line, Bellossom, Volbeat, Illumise, Lumineon line, Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Shiinotic line, Raichu line, Malamar line, Starmie line, Typhlosion, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Sableye, Luxray line, Gigalith line, Florges line + Floette-Eternal, Xerneas, Xurkitree, Blacephalon

Light Speed
Raichu line, Luxray line, Necrozma

Abilities:
Illuminate
Lumineon line (replaces Water Veil), Ampharos line (3rd)

Mirror Body
Sandslash-Alola line (3rd), Registeel (3rd), Carbink, Metagross line (3rd)

Deflector
Mr. Mime (replaces Soundproof), Wobbuffet line (replaces Telepathy), Malamar line (replaces Suction Cups), Klefki (3rd)

Quick Flash
Volbeat (replaces Swarm), Illumise (replaces Oblivious), Phione (2nd), Luxray line (replaces Rivalry)

Light Absorb
Bellossom (3rd), Lilligant line (replaces Leaf Guard), Shiinotic line (replaces Rain Dish), Sunflora line (replaces Early Bird), Heliolisk Line (replaces Sand Veil), Druddigon (replaces Mold Breaker), Necrozma + DW and DM (HA)

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
Super WIP. If you're curious about my distribution, ask me and i'll give you some more of my reasoning.
If it doesn't mention what ability it replaces, it means it originally only has two abilities.

Illuminate: Lumineon line (replaces Water Veil), Luxray (replaces Rivalry)
Mirror Body: Klingkang line (replaces Plus or Minus, might as well be both), Alolan Sandslash line (replaces Snow Cloak), Gigalith line, Carbink, Vanilluxe line
Deflector: Cyrogonal, Malamar line (replaces Suction Cups), Mega-Ampharos (replaces Mold Breaker)
Quick Flash: Raichu line, Starmie line (replaces Analytic)
Light Absorb: Bellossom, Lilligant line (replaces Leaf Guard), Shiinotic line (replaces Rain Dish), Trevenant line (replaces Frisk), Sawbuck line (replaces Sap Sipper), Sunflora line (replaces Early Bird)

Also, considering how Quick Flash is a much better Light-type version of Gale Wings, will there be any consideration to buff Gale Wings to activate above half HP instead of only full? Not saying it should be, just wondering if there's a possibility for such a change.

Last edited:
For abilities, i'll just do two.
Light Absorb: Heliolisk Line (Replace Solar power), Necrozma-Base (Replace Prism Armor)
I mean, necrozma litterally absorbs light, so it only makes sense to give it Light Absorb.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Super WIP. If you're curious about my distribution, ask me and i'll give you some more of my reasoning.
If it doesn't mention what ability it replaces, it means it originally only has two abilities.

Illuminate: Lumineon line (replaces Water Veil), Luxray (replaces Rivalry)
Mirror Body: Klingkang line (replaces Plus or Minus, might as well be both), Alolan Sandslash line (replaces Snow Cloak), Gigalith line, Carbink, Vanilluxe line
Deflector: Cyrogonal, Malamar line (replaces Suction Cups), Mega-Ampharos (replaces Mold Breaker)
Quick Flash: Raichu line, Espeon (replaces Synchronize to keep the Eevee lines consistent with two abilities), Starmie line (replaces Analytic)
Light Absorb: Bellossom, Lilligant line (replaces Leaf Guard), Shiinotic line (replaces Rain Dish), Trevenant line (replaces Frisk), Sawbuck line (replaces Sap Sipper), Sunflora line (replaces Early Bird)

Also, considering how Quick Flash is a much better Light-type version of Gale Wings, will there be any consideration to buff Gale Wings to activate above half HP instead of only full? Not saying it should be, just wondering if there's a possibility for such a change.
Yeah, we can consider the Gale Wings buff to make it more in-line of Quick Flash at the next Balance Slate.

Espeon (-) 3
W H Y

But Espeon was literally designed as a
psychic.gif
eeveelution... The name origin has ESP, the color, and all of its features have almost nothing to do with
light.png
(unless you count the gem as being shiny which is a really big stretch). If you don't wanna keep the pure
psychic.gif
, at least make it
psychic.gif
light.png

Edit: Oh, and I vote for Origin0's matchup

W H Y

But Espeon was literally designed as a View attachment 134037 eeveelution... The name origin has ESP, the color, and all of its features have almost nothing to do with View attachment 134038 (unless you count the gem as being shiny which is a really big stretch). If you don't wanna keep the pure View attachment 134037, at least make it View attachment 134037View attachment 134038...

Edit: Oh, and I vote for Origin0's matchup
Proposing to veto the change. Light-Type Espeon is plainly ridiculous, I agree

Also, will we just rename Espeon to something else if it stays View attachment 134039? Because a name origin with ESP wouldn't make sense on a View attachment 134039 eeveelution
At that point it's a completely new Pokemon; new type, new moves, new name, new ability(?). Honestly retyping Eeveelutions seems counterproductive since they are specifically designed solely for their existing type. Changing their type will either make their typing less fitting due to their name and ability or basically create a new Pokemon while deleting an existing one.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Official Post
Since the Espeon change is considered as too unneeded, I will revert Espeon back to Psychic, and those who consider to give something to Espeon, please reconsider and give it to another Light-type.

My deepest apologies for the controversy. Let not this happens again for any existing Eeveelutions.

Voting for G-Luke cuz thats allowed right?
Same rule about usual matchup; no self-voting, sorry.

Last edited:
I cant' seem to make much hedge-way with the type-chart.

Other than that, yea, no Espeon change. We could always create... Glowneon for Light eevo?

Not every type needs an eevolution in my opinion.
I agree, but if folks are so hellbent on light... why not give them what they want.

Anyway, I must urge consideration for a light type weakness to poison regardless of winner. I’ve explained the greenhouse gas effect of smog clouds trapping light perpetually. Seems a fit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)