Toy Story 3 - or itt we feel guilty for not knowing where our toys are

Loved it. Just loved it. I even watched the first two movies just before watching the third one to refresh my memory as to what happened prior to it. Well, my thoughts:

I loved how every Toy Story movie had a Star Wars reference. In 3, Big Baby = Darth Vader and Lotso = Palpatine. In 2, Zurg = Darth Vader and Buzz = Luke. Can't remember what the first movie had though.

Throughout the movie, I basically knew what was going to happen (like I knew Lotso would be the antagonist from the beginning), the fact that the toys wouldn't die in the incinerator, and Lotso's eventual betrayal in the incinerator. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie and the ending was rather sad because Andy gave away his toys that defined his childhood.

I saw this movie first day it came out and I have never been so satisfied walking out a movie theater. I started crying and clapping my hands when the credit started to roll which I rarely ever do.

Hands down, this was the best movie of the year for me. Is it the best movie I've ever seen? I'm not entirely sure but it's damn well up there in my top 10 list.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Saw it today

If the movie ended at the incinerator, it would've been perfect imo, the happy ending sort of spoiled it for me, it would've been a huge downer, but much more finality than what really happened. It is still open for any sort of sequels, which I honestly expect to happen, you can't give up on a cash cow like Toy Story. It was really surprising how dark it was for most of the movie, and the humor had good pacing. I think the saddest part to me was the lack of other toys that Andy had, those kinds of moments really dawn on me and make me sad that I won't see some very integral characters from the other 2 films. I expected to see maybe one or two become some sort of inside man at Sunnyside, but didn't happen, so it was just sort of disheartening not to see characters like Bo Peep or even RC. Instead the Pizza Planet Aliens for the dues ex machina at the end, I honestly would question why Andy would choose to keep those 3 shitty toys over someone like RC. I did really enjoy the first scene with Hamm's spaceship and everything, it was really exciting and wish there was more of it.

Yeah, I agree, the loss of RC was just awful =(. I mean it's easy to justify why the Pizza Planet aliens stayed on (blah blah the Potato-Heads hid them or whatever), but at the end of the day it was a real shame, kinda like losing your own toys. Also the incinerator made for a great ending. I'm glad for the happy ending, but it really felt more final. When they all held hands was the best moment in the film. Also I wish we could've seen, say, Bonnie's play. Andy's play at the start of the film with the spaceship, like you said, was awesome. Would've been nice to be immersed in Bonnie's mind like Andy's, instead of just seeing her move the toys around.

Toy Story 3 was imo one of the greatest Pixar films of all time. Pixar has gotten better over the years and it's amazing what they have come up with. Pixar sequels seem to be well thought out and planned compared to the cheesy straight-to-DVD recent ones (Lady & Tramp, Mulan, Fox in the Hound, Jungle Book, etc. all have failed sequels).

I am a college sophmore and I cried. I felt like I grew up with Andy all my life, and seeing that made me feel sorry and happy and etc. etc. emotion for everything innocent moment in my life.

Imo: the best Pixar movies atm.
1. (tied) Toy Story: The emotional pick + very well written. Hard to beat the best...
1. (tied) Toy Story 3: Unless it's a sequel that has the best film writing and plot I've ever seen. It's honestly the greatest animated movie I've ever see. I felt every emotion and I loved it.
3. (tied) Up
3. (tied) WallE
5. (tied) Finding Nemo
5. (tied) Toy Story 2
5. (tied) Monster's Inc.
8. Ratatouille
9. Cars
10. The Incredibles
11. A Bug's Life

You picks for top Pixar movies? Also, thoughts on future Pixar movies in Cars 2 (2011), Brave (2011 or 2012), and Monster's Inc 2 (2012)?

I saw it on opening night in 3D here in California. I found it to be a great movie. It, much like how many people have already stated, had little jokes here and there that you would have never understood as a kid. I did watch the first and second one as well before watching this, just so I don't forget anything, and it was the same way when watching the previous ones with the little jokes here and there.

I enjoyed how they put a lot of the things said in the previous film into this one but in a whole new way. Like how in the beginning you hear Andy talking about the evil Dr. Porkchop and watching it as to how he would see it in his head through his imagination. I found that really awesome.

I loved the ending, it was absolutely the best way to make a logical ending to the Toy Story films. I did get a bit sad when watching it, but didn't cry lol.

Overall, this movie was fantastic and worth watching. If you grew up with Toy Story, then you should see it. To me, it's basically a chapter of my childhood being closed, but in a happy way.

~ Aether Nexus

Okay, so, after seeing it Tuesday. I have to say I loved it.

El Buzzo was the best, he was hilarious and good fun. I was surprised that the storyline was so dark, but it was still very enjoyable. I especially liked the reference to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings (the Lord of the Rings one was at the end, when Lotso betrayed them). The ending was sad, and yes, I cried. I'll admit it. Definitely one of the best movies of the year for me.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
God damn this move was so superb!

I'm glad my watch broke, because I was totally thinking that it was going to end at the incinerater scene, seeing the claw save them actually made me sigh in relief despite it being somewhat predictable. Even if you know they are going to be saved, I find that from the toy's POV, the scene becomes MUCH more powerful.

Maybe its just me, but I really liked Woody's character development in this film. He starts out being loyal to Andy to a fault. But after the incinerater scene and seeing how Andy's mother was able to let go of him, Woody decided that it was time to let Andy go, and the toys deserve better than being stored in the attic, and thus write a note on the attic box to donate the toys to Bonnie, and he jumps in himself! This shows that after the events of the film, it seems like Woody cares more about being with his "family", than the owner they have.

And of course, I totally teared up at the ending ;_;.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
My mom almost cried when she saw the commercial for Toy Story 3 lol, she remembered how my first toy was Buzz Lightyear...which I broke and I thought it could fly. From the looks of the reviews here, I'll go see it with my girl tomorrow night.

Watched it on opening night.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the climax (in the incinerator). Ken was a funny new character, but I do miss the old ones like RC, Weezy, Bo Peep, etc. that were cut out. What I didn't like about the movie though was Buzz and Jessie, and the constant flirty behaivor between the two. Woody and Bo Peep was fine, but Buzz and Jessie just...don't look good 'together'. :P Other than that though, I thought it was a fantastic movie. The 'jailbreak' segment was my favorite part, like when they see Big Baby on the swing, as well as Buzz getting returned to factory settings. All in all, it was my favorite of the 3 movies and I almost teared up at the end.

Great job, Pixar.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
aaaa I still need to see this. I've heard so many good things about the movie.

You picks for top Pixar movies?
Probably something like

1. Toy Story
2. WallE
3. Finding Nemo
4. Monsters Inc.
5. Toy Story 2
6. The Incredibles
7. Ratatouille
8. Cars
9. A Bug's Life

And I never saw Up or Toy Story 3.

So yeah.

I'm kinda still shocked that I was even young enough for this movie still. I wish I was a kid again. :/ Visual masterpiece like the other Toy Stories, story was above mediocre but below ground-breakingly enthralling. However, it was enough to make me think about past and several of the themes in the story, and made me coughcoughtearupabitcoughcough.

I don't relate well to the series in general as I never really had patience or cared enough to become particularly attached to any one toy. I spent very little time with toys as a kid, more devoted to my NES in the early days and then N64 for years. I guess Mario in general was a favorite toy but he was a video game character, and I was really just a puppeteer so I never got attached to him. I wish I did, the nostalgia for general childhood at this point is immense.

The opening sequence though made me think "where the hell can I get Toy Story 3: The Game?!"

Wow. Just came back from it. It was a great movie and everyone should be required to watch it. Well, everyone who grew up with the first two. I mean going back to Woody and Buzz was just so great. And the story didn't suck like I thought it might. I was sold into everything and never looked away from the screen. I am not ashamed to say I cried at a few points in the movie.

Watching this movie made me miss my Woody and Buzz toys from when I was a kid. I imitated Andy for like a year and my parents reminded me all day today about it before the movie. This was just so emotional T_T

edit: rey if you spotted that by yourself you are a genius among men

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Sid Phillips, the bad guy in Toy Story 1 reappears in Toy Story 3! As who you may ask?

Notice the shirt:

Garbage guy :O And hes all grown up now too :')

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I noticed that. Surprised how many people didn't though =P He's also listed in the credits by name.

Saw this recently at IMAX3D. I honestly didn't think I would love this movie so much especially after so many years. I had to fight back tears at least twice and I felt like I really grew up with Andy after all this time.

I laughed, I cried at the end and blaming it on the room being "dirty" and I was extremely amused the whole time.
I blamed it on a contact malfunction when my little cousin pointed out that my eye was red in the bathroom. I spent a considerable amount of time rearranging it to make sure it was convincing.

@rey: wow, I didn't notice that o.o nice find.
I just hope they end it here, even though if they made another, it would still be amazing, but I like this as the closer.

Anyone who hasn't seen Toy Story 3 should really go see it. I'm a guy and I almost got a bit teary toward the ending. It's got the theme of the "coming of age" to it. The film may be rated G for children but most of it is geared towards the grown up also.

It is one of the most excellent film I have seen.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, I think my favourite Pixar Films would go in this order:

1. Toy Story
2. Tory Story 2
3. Ratatouille
4. Up
5. Finding Nemo
6. Monster's Inc.
6. The Incredibles
6. Cars
9. A Bug's Life

I'm still yet to see WALL-E, but I really want to. I don't know why I haven't yet... Toy Story 3 is definitely next on my list of films to watch, but I've got to wait a little longer before I get to see it. We don't get it until July 19th or 23rd :( I'll see it on the week of release for sure, though.

1. Up
2. Toy Story 3
3. Toy Story
4. Finding Nemo
5. Monsters Inc.
6. Toy Story 2
7. Wall-E
8. The Incredibles
9. A Bug's Life
10. Ratatouille
11. Cars

5-7 was hard to choose between. I hated Cars with a passion for some reason, and wasn't too fond of 9 and 10.

1. Toy story 2
2. Finding Nemo
3. Ratatouille
4. Monster Inc.
5. Toy Story
6. Toy Story 3
7. A Bug's Life
8. Cars

The Pixar films i watched.

Watched TS 3 yesterday, it was good but not fantastic. The opening and ending were PERFECT though.

Cars was boring, especially the middle part, where there were so many conversations going and no action that i nearly fell asleep.

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
1. WALL-E
2. Toy Story
3. Up
4. Toy Story 3
5. The Incredibles
6. Ratatouille
7. Finding Nemo
8. Toy Story 2
9. Monsters Inc.
10. A Bug's Life
11. Cars

It's so hard to rank them, but WALL-E is easily the best to me.

adsghsakdfhg

The monkey. Oh god, the monkey. I'm surprised I haven't had nightmares about that damn thing.

Monkey aside, I absolutely loved it. Maybe the movie affected me just a little bit more than others because I'm in college and still bring a ton of stuffed animals with me whenever I move in... >_> And yes, I cried, especially at the um, fiery part. I think my favorite parts were definitely the opening and ending, and the development of Woody's character.

That movie was incredible. I watched it with my family which made it a lot better. Yes, I did cry at the end.

Spoilers:

Oh my god Spanish Buzz and Spanish "You've got a Friend in me" were my favorite parts in that whole movie. Lotso was such a fucking douchenozzle I mean really? Woody saves your life and you send him to the incinerator (which was great, I thought the toys going into the fire was the sad ending everyone talked about). The lamp with PIXAR, you've got a friend in me, and those pictures of young Andy brought back memories. Ken lol.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One of my favorite scenes is where Andy picks up Woody and Buzz near the beginning, and drops Buzz back in the box. I think everyone who has "grown up" can relate to this. We all pick some memento from our childhood and hang on to it (well, in my case mine is Pokémon, and by that I mean all of the games). Even if he's too old to play with Woody, he at least acknowledges that he was the most important toy to him in his childhood. He could have put Woody on his desk in his dorm or something... not too farfetch'd to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)