Toy Story 3 - or itt we feel guilty for not knowing where our toys are

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

Impressions chock full of spoilers jesus do not click
Ok. I am so very happy with this movie. So very happy. Perfect. Great pacing, awesome camera work. I loved the opening. Totally nostalgic and when You've Got a Friend in Me came on I had chills go down and stay there for a good few seconds.

The movie was a helluva lot funnier than I thought it would be too. Maybe I'm just older now and understanding the humour a bit more. Barbie's speech just made the entire theatre go what the fuck xD The comments on Ken's heels were ace too.

Also, I'm not sure how, but Pixar somehow convinced me they might die at the fire. That sense of finality. I was even going in my mind "Nah, they can't do that, it's a kid's movie" and then "can they?"

And the ending was so perfect ;_;

Yeah. None of that was coherent. I just needed to make a topic so we could talk and people could post their impressions without spoiling everyone in IRC.

So what you're telling me is that everyone who was saying Toy Story 3 was gonna suck was completely wrong, and Arch was correct about the claim that Pixar really can't go wrong.

Hurr.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That movie was indeed amazing. Honestly, I preferred it over the first and second part, perhaps because I'm a bit older to understand the humor.

Perhaps its because of where I lived, but the whole theater laughed hard when Buzz started talking Spanish.

In the fire scene, I found it odd my nephew didn't understand why they were holding hands. And he's 7/8 years old, I assume its not until the teens they understand.

And I actually teared up in the ending a little.

I can be incoherent just like you.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't wait to see this, Toy Story is my favourite Disney film by some distance. I have to wait a little longer in the UK, though :(

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Soooooo good!

Everything about this movie was pitch perfect and pulled all the right heartstrings

I'm going to see it tonight. I'm excited for it.

I also miss my toys. ;__;

EDIT:

Holy shit. That was amazing. All of it. What a great film.

The ending was sad.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Haha I just watched Toystory 1 and 2 today on VCR (I still have it ^_^)
and boy those movies are amazing...
They truly are revolutionary and oh man... I missed a lot of hidden little jokes that I wouldn't notice as a kid.

PS: Toystory 3 has a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes... Darn trolling reviewers...

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wow I loved it...possibly even better than 1 & 2. And listening to "You've got a Friend in Me" for the first time in 10 years was pretty emotional.

I was on the fence about this movie because it being a sequel, but after hearing so many great things about it from people I have talked to online and offline I am definitely looking forward to watching this. Pixar has really been releasing some great animated movies as of late.

Pixar has always been releasing great movies all the time.
They're the best animated movie studio ever.
They've just been getting alot more recognition lately.

So anyways, I saw this movie yesterday, and.

BEST PIXAR MOVIE EVERRRRR.
I was on the verge of tears at the end. T_T

I just watched it earlier today. It was an amazing movie and I enjoyed every second of it. The ending was particularly amazing and I actually tried not to cry.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Watched it the premiere day. Best movie I have seen in 2010, easy as that.

I laughed, I cried at the end and blaming it on the room being "dirty" and I was extremely amused the whole time.

Toy Story, I love you.

Spanish Buzz was the god damn best, and then when barbie took the space suit from ken and went with the library worm for the guide and the worm saw her in those shoes and just went all *sigh*... just excellent. MR TORTILLA FACE was perfect too.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously awesome movie, I was pretty much smiling or laughing the entire time.

Spanish Buzz was hilarious, loved it
I also really liked the whole mob thing they had going on in the dumpster scene, really humerous.

Like Firestorm, I was convinced that the movie could have ended at the fire. The whole scene was just played out so perfectly to give you that sense, and then THE CLAW comes through, it was funny and relieving. How does Pixar do it?

Really, the whole movie was just funny, awesome and much better then the second in my opinion.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Oh my god, I really really liked it. I can't say that I loved it--I feel like the conflict wasn't as heavy or dramatic as it should have been, and I only say that because I had a slight tinge of "That was it?" when it finally ended. I can't necessarily support my feelings more than just saying that that's how I felt! I would definitely see it again though, and I think a group of smogoners are doing so in Indy during the VGC!

all right so my absolute favorite part was right in the first ten minutes of the movie, where after the like train scene fiasco is finished and it's back in "reality" with andy playing with his toys, and woody is like

BUZZ, YOU NEED TO SHOOT YOUR LASER AT MY BADGE
NO WOODY, IT WILL KILL YOU!
JUST DO IT!

and then andy makes buzz cover his eyes and shoot, ahahahaha, i thought that was so adorably hilarious. i also really enjoyed the mushroom cloud of monkeys, i think that was the first instance where i was really in awe of how awesome the animation/design was!

I loved this movie as well. It was incredibly amusing and entertaining throughout the entire movie. A couple of my friends teared up at the end, but I resisted the urge. It was a long wait from the last movie to this one, but it was definitely worth it in the end =)

I had stomach flu and was running to the bathroom every ten minutes but it literally kept me riveted the entire time I wasn't on the shitter. Great stuff. I definitely almost cried.

Mr. Tortilla Face, the opening sequence with the train robbery, Big Baby, god everything about this was just so fucking good.

11/10

Watching this tonight with my friends, and I'm stoked! Yeah, a group of 16 year old guys going to watch Toy Story, no big deal :P. I'll post what I thought of it when I get back.

Watching this tonight with my friends, and I'm stoked! Yeah, a group of 16 year old guys going to watch Toy Story, no big deal :P. I'll post what I thought of it when I get back.

NO. You'll cry and get embarrassed. >.<

Big Baby and Lotso are basically Darth Vader and Palpatine.

Loved this movie.

So what you're telling me is that everyone who was saying Toy Story 3 was gonna suck was completely wrong, and Arch was correct about the claim that Pixar really can't go wrong.

Hurr.
YES. YES. This is so true. To everyone else who waited for so damn long for this, ever plagued by incessant, nagging doubts because of the precedent of distant sequels feeling cheap, hackneyed, and contrived, devoid of the magic the franchise first holds -- WATCH IT.

I know that sounds overdramatic, and I am still flushed from just coming out of the cinema, but it was incredible, honestly. I mean, I fully confess I am overemotional, but as someone who grew up with Toy Story 3, whose toys were integral to her childhood play (hell, someone who still plays with toys lol), it was hard not to be overwhelmed. I confess. I cried. asdasfasdasfasf

I agree with everything in Firestorm's post. I mean, being older, I was more able to fully comprehend the scope of everything, and stuff like Ken and his heels / handwriting (fuck yeah blooper reel, complete with Spanish You've Got a Friend in Me!!!), and Barbie's impassioned speech about the government was not lost on me. I felt like this was definitely a lot funnier than 2. Yet it still had the same feel both artistically (the same bright, sunny colour tones etc, it was just like being a kid watching Toy Story the first, also great camera) and as an overall film. There were the same running gags and everything, though I did admit I sadfaced when Wheezy wasn't around, since his voice actor died a few years ago =/. It was just so damn touching.. Tortilla Face, oh my god lol.

Oh, yeah, and I admit -- the baby, the monkey (FREAKY EYES AAAARGH), the dystopian undertones of Sunnyside, the incinerator... I WAS LEGIT SCARED. I got fucking spoiled that they end up with Bonnie when I was looking up the VAs on Wikipedia [scrolling down], but the incinerator was still very scary. It was like, there is no way out of this, where is the deus ex machina? The claw thing was v fitting though, since the aliens came from Pizza Planet.

The dialogue was just... no words, it was so good, I feel that this was better than 2, though ofc nothing is incomparable to the first. I plan to watch this again in the cinema. I KNOW I AM RAMBLING INCOHERENTLY FFFF, but it's worth it. It's. So. Go see it. Seriously.

amazing.

PS My brother owns one of those Buzz Lightyear toys and my mom and I plan to find it tomorrow!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)