Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Finals [Won by Team Italy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Both teams are deserving winners at that point with great players on each side. That being said Team Italy has been really unstoppable this World Cup so if they can maintain their momentum one more week they will be very tough to beat for sure. Good luck both! :toast:

Never have I thought that I would be taking on such an important position in one of the most anticipated and and most respected tournament as a player nor a manager in the future since I was basically gone for years and just came back after a very long break of Pokémon. Therefore I was very surprised and at the same time honored that the team would like to have me as manager for this year's world cup. In the end I'm very thankful and happy to have been part of the team. Although many have predicted against us and never expected us to be a serious opponent we have convinced the whole community of the opposite with strong performances, with a lot of work, creativity, commitment and passion. Every victory is based on good prepartion, dedication and great teamwork. Although not everyone on the team was able to play, each team member was extremely crucial and made an important contribution to getting us this far in the tournament.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to the finals and I think I speak for most people that the majority would have preferred to see Germany against Italy in the final. Nevertheless I wish both teams much success even though my heart beats for Italy because they have been dominating this tournament like no other team and simply deserve it.

Without further ado I would like to dedicate a personal shoutout to each member of the team:

- AdvanceShip : Advi, you are a beast and a machine on the field and off the field. Besides your personal deadlift records you also helped the team with your playing skills and got a lot of important wins for the team. Keep up the good work!
- Conflict : I know you for some years now and in my eyes you are of the best German players of all time. It's a pity that you didn't have enough time to play in this World Cup. Nevertheless you helped the team behind the scenes a lot and you were always there if needed with great ideas or to test teams.
- Dragon Claw : You are also a very important part of the team and with your many ideas and commitment you played a big part in our progress during the tournament. Your record doesn't reflect your class adequately anyway so you don't have to worry about that to much in my opinion. Also thank you for being involved with Cretacerus in making sure we had a great team logo and a fire world class avatar.
- Ewin : Erwin you are simply a machine and have also brought many important victories for the team. You have always been active and has also helped many team members to test the teams or with great ideas. Your are also very self-critical and always have the ambition to get the best out of every situation. If you keep pushing like this you can become a great one I'm 100% sure. ps.: wann endlich voice reveal du schlingel
- esche : When I think about esche during the World Cup I spontaneously think of 2 things: :woohoo: and a lot of activity in combination with the willingness to help whenever help was needed. Even though you haven't played a single game you were also an imporantnt part of team who also provided great atmosphere within the team. Locker und flockig die Piste runter halt.
- Lord_Enz : I was glad to have you in the team and you just delivered with great results. You were very ambitious and helped the team not only with wins but also with good inputs. Besides being a ladder hero you must never forget one very important thing: Du wirst unbesiegbar sein!
- Melle2402 : Thanks for your mental support and your motivating words in between. You also did a lot for this community in the past. Thanks for that as well!
- mind gaming : mind gaming, you are totally underrated in my eyes. Just when you were subbed in for Conflict many people asked themselves if this is the correct move but everyone on the team just had 100% confidence in you. You played a really strong tournament with fire teams and showed the critics that you have what it takes. Push yourself even more and I'm sure you can become a big one too.
- Pasy_G: I have known you for so long and in my eyes you are a legend. You have pushed the team with your motivation and the uplifting words when things weren't going so well. Thanks for that!
- Relous : With your amazing performance as well as your commitment and in-put during the whole tournament you were a very important team member as well. Your record simply reflects your quality.
- Sapientia : German legend, that's all I can say. You have as much experience as some teams can't even show together. I was very happy that we did this thing together. ps.: wann endlich bonsai bayreuth pex sitzung + vereinsgründung?
- Serpi : You were always there when you were needed and you were always ready to play. I was very glad and grateful that you were part of the team. Your helped a lot and provided great ideas. Keep it the great work!
- Steve Angello : You're very ambitious and always willing to give 100% for the team. You're always there when it counts and that's quality in itself. With your experience you also delivered the performance that everyone was excepting from you in your matches.
- Gefährlicher Random : You are a machine with insane skills...You have contributed so much to the team. You have been involved with every team and have shown an incredible amount of commitment and activity. You're definitely someone that I'm 100% sure will be seen in upcoming big tournaments.
- xray : You simply gave 100% for the team and you were basically omnipresent during the whole tournament. You also played an incredible tournament while being probably the most important support for the whole team. We talked a lot during the whole World Cup and your commmitment had a big part of our overall success.

Special shoutout to the German community as well as everyone who helped us and always believed in us. Without all of you the whole thing would not have been possible and it was always our drive to get the best possible performance not only for us but also for you.

LOS GEHTS DEUTSCHLAND PUSHT EUREN KÖRPER ANS MAXIMUM NÄCHSTES JAHR GREIFEN WIR RICHTIG AN! ABFAHRT!​

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
HMNIP unleashed. Andate a prendervi la coppa

Very happy to see Europe in the final too, had the pleasure of teaming with a majority of the roster throughout the years across SPL+CPL and there's so many lovely people in the roster. Unfortunately it is now time to perish at the tomato sauce-stained hands of my compatriots, but you guys were one of my favorite teams as well, and I look forward to more of Tony and Mana's nicknames

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Wow, this has been quite a run.
Honestly, I thought I would be much more disappointed in case of a loss, but at the moment I am simply proud of our performances and the way we shaped this tournament. I am very grateful that all of you guys managed to give Germany a new image that will hopefully stick and replace most of the bad moments of our history on smogon.
Speaking for myself, I can say that I am very satisfied with the (maybe at first questionable) decisions I made when "rebuilding" the team and that it was a joy being an integral part of the team, seeing new players thrive and helping y'all prepare for your games.
Many of you guys have a promising future on this site.

Now to the personal shoutouts:

AdvanceShip Although the tour ended with two losses for you, I am very happy that I got to know you and talked to you before wcop. You are a really good player and it was nice to see you grow into the team more and more. Especially after your 3-0 in R1 it seemed as if you got some kind of a motivation kick. You're a cool dude, would love to see more of you in the future.

Conflict Couldn't imagine a wcop without you. You are a player I respect a lot and although you were not nearly as present as some of the past wcops, it was cool to have you around and listen to your (sometimes crazy) input.

Dragon Claw woat namechange. I know this wcop didn't go the way you wanted it to go. We also disagree a lot on mons related matters. But let me tell you one thing: what makes the difference between a good teammate and a bad teammate is that the good teammate gives 100% no matter if he plays or not. And I feel like after we subbed you out of the lineup you gave 120%, thanks for that.

Ewin I am glad you pmed me before wcop and then had a good Charity Bowl run that convinced us to put you in the lineup. Great guy, one of our most active players too and always eager to build and use crazy stuff. I really appreciate creative minds like you and your overall attitude was amazing. I am sure we'll see more of you in the future :P

esche Thanks for always being there and contributing positively to the team environment. You also tried to help whenever possible. Hopefully you'll get another shot to improve your sheet record. Cool voice btw.

Lord_Enz After your run in the german SPL last year I had high hopes for you. You are a very talented player and an incredibly cool guy and I hope you keep it up. I am sure you'll have an insane record next year again. Sucks that the few mistakes you made always ended up pretty much deciding the game in 2 of your last 3 matches, but that's how it goes sometimes. I guess it was because the helpinghans support was missing... we would have needed you noooooooo

Melle2402 You didn't say much, but after all your contributions to the team within the last few years you simply deserved to be there. Thanks for the motivational words, friend.

mind gaming I am glad I recognized how good you were during that one german tour where we teamed up together. The way you played some of your games still amazes me. I hope to see more of you, because I think if you really want it, you can become a great player.

pasy_g You were an essential part of our team. Prior to the season pretty much the whole team wanted you to be in the teamchat cause we knew you'd contribute a lot to a pleasing team environment. Thanks for that, you're a funny guy.

Relous Proud of how far you've come. I am glad you got to show people that your SPL was simply a unique slip-up (as long as you got the right people to build for you / help you build ;P). Great person and always reliable in nailbiter situations too :)

Sapientia It's been a while since 2016 when you were the manager for the last time. We always have great runs together, was a pleasure as always. We'll get the trophy next year.

Serpi Sorry you did not get the chance to play, because you definitely deserved to. But thanks for all the help and input, you've been a very consistent player for years, hope you keep it up and show your talent on the bigger stage now.

Steve Angello You're a great guy and player and I'd always trust you to beat anyone. You also played an insane amount of test games (unlike others like me). Was fun to have you around again bud.

Gefährlicher Random You have honestly been an incredible teammate. Always ready to help and build teams. Stop underrating yourself, your play is amazing and you had a fundamental role in our team. Also thanks for cooling me down when I was too heated up. Shoutouts to Max too for your great techs.

CMx Yeah, when we first met like 1 or 2 years ago, we probably had the worst start one could imagine. I am glad that's now past us and that we asked you to be our manager. You did a great job in managing the team, writing motivational speeches and... everything. Thanks :swole:

Shoutouts to the German community, especially to Jaajgko , you're a great guy and your support was amazing :P I hope many of you take a chance on getting on the team next year, because it is always refreshening to see new faces perform on the "big stage".

I think for such an inexperienced team, we did an amazing job. I really hope we can finally go all the way next year.
It feels great that I had the chance to lead this team as a person, builder and player. Honestly, this was the most fun I've had playing this game since 2015, so I cannot wait for the upcoming OLT and Snake.

Good luck to both Europe and Italy!
There are great guys on both teams, no matter how things go, the winner definitely deserves it :]

See y'all in OLT/Snake!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)