Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Finals [Won by Team Italy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Finals

Logo by: Iyarito
Hosted by: Hogg and kjdaas
~Spreadsheet~
Welcome all to the Finals of this years WCoP. With only Team Europe and Team Italy left, it will be exciting fight for the glorious title of World Champions. Who will rise to the top in the tournament of nations? It's time to find out!

Standard Tournament Procedures:

The general tournament rules and guidelines can be found here.
Please read them very carefully.

Deadline for this round of games is Sunday, August 9th at 9PM GMT-4. Good luck to all participants!
FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!!!

Last edited:
I've wanted to participate in WCoP since 2015 when I first saw the peak of smogon play. Took a while between getting good and not playing the game for two and a half years but I'm extremely honored to have been part of this amazing team. Investing so much time in mons has never felt so worth it, I'm incredibly grateful for everything. From spending hours creating the logo with Cretacerus to creating the coolest discord server oat to planning and assembling the squad to actual teambuilding and tournament play and getting seed 1 in quals everything was stupid much fun FUCK ggs europe SHIT losing sucks so much FUCK
I'm a bit sad I don't have a representative win on the sheet but being in the pool of death and losing one to 50/50 and one to 70/30 it kinda is what it is, ggs. Subbing myself for Steve felt so good though, especially going extra steps in his prep into two fucking bodybags hell yeah the joys of teambuilders

Thanks so much to everyone from our team to supporters to hosts to fans to haters ("I mean, it's pretty clear that this team is trash LOL") for making this possible. Thanks so much, good luck in the finals, have a nice day everyone
GGERMANY

Europe (2) vs Italy (6)

TonyFlygon vs Kebab mlml(45-55) - I can see this one going either way, but Kebab has been playing better. They both are at similar skill levels.
Bloody alfa vs Santu(50-50) - This is a highlight match for sure. Both have been dominating their matches and both very strong players. This is merely a gut feeling more than anything else, I would have left this with no prediction but whats the point in that.
frisoeva vs Empo(35-65) - frisoeva is a solid player and can certainly win if he plays his game, but empo is on another level as a player. On top of Empo being top 3 SS OU, he also always does his thing in the playoffs and thrives in these moments.
Mana vs H.M.N.I.P(60-40) - Mana has been looking extremely good since his Stour run and is very experienced in high stakes games. Pietro is luckily unleashed for finals. He has had a good showing thus far, and I can see him getting a good matchup as he has in his other games. In an even matchup Mana has this one tho.
Pohjis vs Lopunny Kicks(45-55) - Pohjis is a very low floor player and is someone I can see taking down almost anyone. That being said, Punny kicks is a good player who has been better in current gens and been playing better in this tournament.
Quaze vs Raiza(45-55) - Do not know either player too well, but Raiza has been playing well and defeated better players than Quaze
Twixtry vs Tricking(40-60) - Another easy highlight match. Both are undefeated and have been dominating thus far. Although Twixtry is on top of the sheet, he has had an easy schedule. Tricking is one of the sites best players and thrives in high stakes games. Tricking doesn't lose these.
Eeveeto vs Rexus(55-45) - Eeveeto has been popping off this tour and I do not expect him to slow down. He has beaten a respectable group of players, and he will tryhard in the builder here(just dont bring mean look). Rexus has done pretty well this tour, and I view eeveeto and rexus at similar skill levels playing-wise, so I can see this going either way despite 5-0 eeveeto.

Last edited:
Europe (0) vs Italy (W)

TonyFlygon vs Kebab mlml - neither one has played particularly great competition but tony is 1-4 and banned me from smogtours discord for an excessive period of time so favoring kebab here

Bloody alfa vs Santu - both of them have been kickassing but i think santu has done it in much more impressive fashion and he's always bringing some evil teams

frisoeva vs Empo - unfortunately empo is racist (but he can't help it bc he's italian) but he is extremely good at pokemon. not only that but he also always pushes the boundaries of the metagame without using some weird random shit

Mana vs H.M.N.I.P - Mana is extremely good and i still remember hmnip posting those cringe tinder screenshots

Pohjis vs Lopunny Kicks - lk always brings some nasty disgusting looking shit like a lot of the italians and uses it well. usually that stuff is hard to break and pohjis has been up and down even tho i think he is very good

Quaze vs Raiza - should be a cool game, i'll give it to raiza because he brings cool teams and italy has a better handle on the metagame as a whole

Twixtry vs Tricking - twixtry has a nice sheet going but it's tricking

Eeveeto vs Rexus - eeveto is dangerous

Last edited:

Corazan

Crystal
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
We finally managed to do a performance worthy of what team France is, going into semis and then losing to the best team in the tournament. We struggled a ton and kind of lost a bit of motivation against Italy bc it was really a pain to prep against them and most of us were really lost in term of team choice whereas our opponents were super confident. Ofc its kinda disapointing bc we felt like this year was the year as everything changed and we were in control but it is what it is. Would like to s/o Sacri' and Cicada but esp Sacri for his first time managing this amazing group of friends, he managed to created an atmosphere where we felt like every member of the team was super important and I hope I ended up being helpfull to the team, not necessarily as a player but as a contributor, to both of you, ty brothers.
As for me I randomly cameback for the quarantine as most of ppl did, tried stour for fun and managed to get into poffs and from there getting into the pokemon bandwagon again w some other tournaments such as CPL3 (ik it was unofficial but I dont think i'll see my friends being involved into mons that much LOL like do the same in officials wtf) and then the amazing wcop experience. I kinda feel like some of us gave everything we had as it was so exhausting that we need to rest for a p long time now. I wanna say a HUGE thanks to the french community, our support this year was absolutely insane and we would never have such a performance without you guys, best community ever I LOVE you all. That being said good luck to team Italy even if Europe would be a very deserving winner too. I may do a post in the wcop discussion thead about team France thoughts process and some teams. See you next time in official tournaments I hope !

Sharow

水上
is a Tiering Contributor
Europe vs Italia

TonyFlygon vs Kebab mlml
Bloody alfa
vs Santu : C'est ton moment.
frisoeva vs Empo
Mana vs PIETRO : FINALMENTE il mio preferito gioca !
Pohjis vs Lopunny Kicks
Quaze vs Raiza
Twixtry vs Tricchione : hai usato stall quando eravate in 7-0, cazzo. Se perda, posso dire che pietro ti carry.
Eeveeto vs Rexus

Tie Break :

Bloody Alfa
vs Empo
Pohjis vs Pietro
Twixtry vs Rexus

Forza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)