Pet Mod The Pokedex Redone v2 (Moved to V3, check post #112)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:venusaur-gmax: :charizard-gmax: :blastoise-gmax:

Slate 1B: Name a Better Trio Part 2

If last time we worked on the starter lines and their megas, this time we will work on their Gigantamax forms! Submission period starts now!

ImperialGamer517, is there a dedicated format for this type of thing? It's pretty clear that the stats of the base mon and egg groups aren't changing for instance, so most of the main template would likely be outright redundant.

so this is a no.

we use the same format as we would for replacement mons.
Pokemon: This is where you put the replacement name for the Pokémon. For example, the current slate is Aggron. I could use Iron Man as an example replacement name, but don’t submit fictional characters. This is an example.
Sprite: This is optional, so you don’t need to put sprites in all of your submissions.
Typing: Regarding typing, if the previous Pokémon only has one type, you have the option to add another type to it, but you can’t do this on Starters, Legendaries, Mythicals, or Ultra Beasts. If the previous Pokémon has dual-typing, you can only change the secondary-typing.
Stats: This is a bit complicated, but you’ll get used to it.
• No stat can be over 130
• 175-249 BST: Lowest stat must be greater than or equal to 20
• 250-324 BST: Lowest stat must be greater than or equal to 30
• 325-399 BST: Lowest stat must be greater than or equal to 40
• 400-499 BST: Lowest stat must be greater than or equal to 50
• 500 BST: Lowest stat must be greater than or equal to 60
Yes the previous one is copy pasted from the previous thread. The BST of the replacement should be the same as the BST of the original Pokémon. For example, the BST Garchomp’s replacement should be at 600.
Abilities: Regarding abilities, try to keep the number of abilities the same number or fewer than the original Pokémon. Also try to keep one ability or don’t make one Pokémon entirely broken because of one ability!
Removed/Added Moves: Basing on the learnset of the original Pokémon, you can remove and add moves to the new Pokémon. Note that you cannot add more moves than you remove, but you can remove more moves than you add. If you add a secondary typing to a previously single-typed Pokemon, you can add 15 more moves. For example for the latter case, if I removed 4 moves, I can add 19 moves, since 4 moves from the general rule, plus 15 since I added another type to a single-typed Pokemon.
Pokédex Entry: Be creative here!
Weight: In kilograms please.
Height: In feet/inches please.
Gender Ratio: Try best to keep it at 50/50. The only exceptions are Fairy-types where you could do 25 Male 75 Female, and Fighting-types where it can be 75 Male 25 Female.
Egg Groups: Make sure the egg group is related to the Pokémon itself. It would be a bit awkward to have Bulbasaur’s replacement in a Water Group or Human-like Group.
Evolution: In here, you put the name of the replacement’s evolution. For example, Ivysaur if we are referring to Bulbasaur. If a fully-evolved Pokemon has a Mega Evolution, I really want to see a Mega for the replacement evo. Regarding stat changes for the Mega, it should be the same stat changes as the original. For example, Charizard’s replacement Mega X should get +46 in Atk, +33 in Def, and +21 in SpA.

What if the evolution has a regional form, like Pikachu’s evolution has a Kantonian form and Alolan form?

You are going to have to create a regional variant of it, so the final stage of a Pichu replacement line needs to have a Kantonian Raichu replacement, but also an Alolan replacement. If the entire line has its own regional variants, same thing, but I’ll probably have them in separate slates. Example: Kantonian Vulpix and Ninetales will be in a different slate than Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales, since they have different learnsets, and (only applicable to some regional variants) different stats.

What if the current Pokémon in the slate has its own exclusive Z-move?

This is where the concept of Z-Moves Everywhere takes into action. We will give the replacement Pokémon a new exclusive Z-move, but it has to be the same base power, and you can have a different effect!
Example: The current slate is the Pichu line. You have to give the replacement Pikachu its own versions of Catastropika and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, and give Alolan Raichu’s replacement its own version of Stoked Sparksurfer.

What if one Pokémon in the slate has its own Gigantamax form?

We are going to have to create our own Gigantamax form for the replacement. For example, Duraludon’s replacement will need a Gigantamax form as well. Just like with Z-moves, the replacement Gmax forms will get their own exclusive G-Max move!

Description: You can put its role here in the competitive scene! Is it a deadly sweeper with access to boosting moves like Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance? Is it a powerful wallbreaker with a high Physical or Special Attack stat? Or is it a special wall with monstrous HP and Special Defence?

This is the format

For which replacement evo? By the way used this website http://condorcet.ericgorr.net/ they use the Ranked Pairs format here.
Squirtle

EDIT: Now that this has been fixed (winners list still shows mine as the winner when this isn't true) I figured I could post my ideas for Gmax forms (not all 3)
Pokemon: Harpierce-Gmax
Design: WIP
Typing: Same as base
Stats: Same as base
Abilities: Same as base
Removed/Added Moves: G-Max Toxipierce - The user sends poisonous spikes down that pierce the enemy target. This also sets a layer of Toxic Spikes.
Pokédex Entry: The toxins on Harpierce's shell have become even stronger and even more corrosive. Even touching it alone will be enough to melt your skin and bones.
Weight: ??.?? kg.
Height: 70 ft, 0 in.
Gender Ratio: Same as base
Egg Groups: Same as base, Gmax form cannot breed
Evolution: WIP
Description: "What if... we made a move that damaged the target AND set Toxic Spikes?"

Pokemon: Gmax Lobstuce
Design: WIP
Typing: Same as base
Stats: Same as base
Abilities: Same as base
Removed/Added Moves:
G-Max Frostsurge - The user releases a massive burst of ice onto the target. The sheer cold lowers the target's highest attacking stat by 2 stages.
Pokédex Entry: It has the ability to make the air around it so cold that even fire will fail to light.
Weight: ??.?? kg.
Height: 62 ft, 11 in.
Gender Ratio: Same as base
Egg Groups: Same as base, Gmax form cannot breed
Evolution: WIP
Description: Fuck special attackers. In fact, fuck any and all offensive threats.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Well shoot, didn't think I'd end up winning two of them lol. I'll make designs the Fusnake and Mollug lines + their megas and gmaxes, and I'll post them in the thread once I'm done. Will probably take some time though.

Pokemon: Gigantamax Lobstuce
Max Move: G-Max Lettusurge - Upon landing, causes a swamp to appear (Grass Pledge + Water Pledge effect).
Pokédex Entry: Upon Gigantamaxing, Lobstuce's body temperature drops to such a degree that getting too close to it will guarantee that your body will begin suffering from frostbite.
Height: 60 ft
Explanation: Pledge moves are fun.

Pokemon: Gigantamax Draxplosion
Max Move: G-Max Lightshow - Upon landing, creates a sea of fire on the battlefield (Fire Pledge + Grass Pledge effect).
Pokédex Entry: Draxplosion's Gigantamax form is often shown as the villain in many tales of folklore. They tell stories of it ravaging cities and a brave hero arising to stop it.
Height: 170 ft

Pokemon: Gigantamax Harpierce
Max Move: G-Max Overflow - Upon landing, causes a rainbow to appear (Water Pledge + Fire Pledge effect).
Pokédex Entry: The harpoons sent from Harpierce's Gigantamax form are sharp enough to cut through even some of the toughest stones. However, much like their base form, they rarely show signs of aggression.
Height: 90 ft

There's really not much from gmax forms that changes from base forms so that's why these are so small.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Gigantamax Lobstuce
Max Move: G-Max Lettice Fall - Grass type. Sets hail after damage.
Pokédex Entry: Upon Gigantamaxing, Lobstuce's body becomes as crisp as a frozen vegetable, causing it to give off loud cracking noises as it moves.
Height: 60 ft
Explanation: I wanted to create a secondary damaging effect related to the secondary typing.

Pokemon: Gigantamax Draxplosion
Max Move: G-Max Inner Fire Flare - Fire type. Puts a curse on the target after damage.
Pokédex Entry: Gigantamax Draxplosion glows not just with fire, but from the light within its very spirit.
Height: 170 ft
Explanation: I wanted to create a secondary damaging effect related to the secondary typing. In this case I used Ghost typing of one of the megas.

Pokemon: Gigantamax Harpierce
Max Move: G-Max Shell Spike - Water type. Poisons target after damage.
Pokédex Entry: Harpierce's Gigantamax form is covered with spikes and water jets to ram prey.
Height: 90 ft
Explanation: I wanted to create a secondary damaging effect related to the secondary typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)