Resource SV Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar

Bachy's BSS WCup Team Dump!

WCup officially ended for LATAM's team. This was my first official tournament within Smogon's community not like I was new to the game by any means but I always felt like an outsider here until Luisin asked me to join and play with the team since we know each other from before. I thought that was too early for me since I was kinda new to the format but I decided to help the team with teambuilding this way I could push myself and see if this format was actually for me.

I won't go deep into the thought process behind each team since my memory isn't the best out there but you can always ask about ev spreads and other stuff in Discord I'll respond ya. So this are (imo) the BEST teams I've made during this tournament.

SERIES 2 / REGULATION B TEAMS:

◆ Triple Ghost Salt Offense ◆
tripleghost.PNG

◆ Big Six of Regulation B ◆
bigsix.PNG

◆ Sash Bundle Hard Cycle ◆
m.PNG

Triple Ghost Offense REVAMP
tripleghost_revamp.PNG

◆ Scarf Palafin Cycle ◆
scarfpalafin.PNG

Dragon Tail Dnite Balance
tspikesclod.PNG

REGULATION C TEAMS:

Wochien Hariyama Cycle
hariayama.PNG

Bulk Up Tusks Offense ◆
BULKIN.PNG

◆ Belly Drum Azumarill Offense ◆
WAVES.PNG

◆ Red Card Garchomp Offense ◆
kiby.PNG

◆ Substitute Ting-Lu Offense ◆
tinglu.PNG

Overall I really liked my participation and I'm glad that I could've help LATAM's team reach semi-finals finishing 1st place in the standings before playoffs and I'm looking forward to actually compete in the upcoming team tournaments now as a player. Thank you to everybody who has been nice to me in BSS Discord I'm so glad I joined this community! :quagchamppogsire:

Last edited:
Bachy's BSS WCup Teams Dump!

WCup officially ended for LATAM's team. This was my first official tournament within Smogon's community not like I was new to the game by any means but I always felt like an outsider here but Luisin asked me to join and play with the team since we know each other from before. I thought that was too early for me but I decided to help the team with teambuilding this way I could push myself and see if this format was actually for me.

I wont go deep into the thought process behind each team since my memory isnt the best out there but this are imo the BEST team I made during this tournament.

View attachment 515140

View attachment 515142

View attachment 515143

View attachment 515144

◆ Scarf Palafin Cycle ◆
View attachment 515146

View attachment 515152

REGULATION C TEAMS:

Wochien Hariyama Cycle
View attachment 515151

Bulk Up Tusks Offense ◆
View attachment 515155

View attachment 515156

View attachment 515157

View attachment 515159

Overall I really liked my participation and Im glad I could help LATAM's team reach semi-finals finishing 1st place in the standings before playoffs and Im looking forward to actually compete in the upcoming team tournaments now as a player. Thank you to everybody who has been nice to me in BSS Discord im so glad I joined this community! :quagchamppogsire:
One of the Gordon Ramsay's of SV. Good stuff bro. When bachy posts, always snatch.

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Bachy's BSS WCup Teams Dump!

WCup officially ended for LATAM's team. This was my first official tournament within Smogon's community not like I was new to the game by any means but I always felt like an outsider here but Luisin asked me to join and play with the team since we know each other from before. I thought that was too early for me but I decided to help the team with teambuilding this way I could push myself and see if this format was actually for me.

I wont go deep into the thought process behind each team since my memory isnt the best out there but this are imo the BEST team I made during this tournament.

View attachment 515140

View attachment 515142

View attachment 515143

View attachment 515144

◆ Scarf Palafin Cycle ◆
View attachment 515146

View attachment 515152

REGULATION C TEAMS:

Wochien Hariyama Cycle
View attachment 515151

Bulk Up Tusks Offense ◆
View attachment 515155

View attachment 515156

View attachment 515157

View attachment 515159

Overall I really liked my participation and Im glad I could help LATAM's team reach semi-finals finishing 1st place in the standings before playoffs and Im looking forward to actually compete in the upcoming team tournaments now as a player. Thank you to everybody who has been nice to me in BSS Discord im so glad I joined this community! :quagchamppogsire:
I’m really proud of you for how far youve come so quickly. I think you’re gonna make one hell of a player quite soon. Great work

:Salamence: :Alomomola: :Gallade: :Arboliva: :Iron Moth: :Forretress:

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Breath
- Iron Defense
- Substitute
- Roost

Here for a while. Didn't really put it here for the right reasons, but works. Has stalled out some stuff. Steel tera flips all the weaknesses, it's perfect. EVs outspeed neutral Spe 70s, and give odd HP for SR. Low but sadly not 0 atk IV. Spreads para fairly well, and I love ID+Intimidate.

Alomomola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Here for the longest of these mons. Pretty good, mainly cause of Mirror Coat. Lacks Azu's damage, but can then surprise Hydreigon and Roaring Moon that don't switch w/ an ohko. Fire tera to resist grass and take wisp from Dirge, Spe to creep it, even SpD, and Atk for Chi-Yu and stuff. I really like this mon.

Gallade (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
- Trick
- Night Slash

This has worked wonders in a few games and is the only reason I'm posting here now. Spe for...um I meant to put more. I'll revisit EVs on this. But Psychic tera is one of the possible for Ralts, and the only useful one of the two, so I didn't have to use shards yet. It makes Psycho Cut very strong, which itself is for Iron Hands mainly. Sacred Sword is great for ruins and stuff, Night Slash gets the Sharpness buff and hits Gholdnego. Trick is the main point of this.

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Acid Spray

Iron Moth was put for Garg, to ohko it terad. Acid Spray for blobs and Bellibolt and what not, Psychic for Annihilape, Pex, etc. No bulk cause this takes Azu's unboosted Aqua Jet from full already. This can really help vs. Gholdengo.

Arboliva @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Seed Sower
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed
- Strength Sap

Also very helpful. Grassy Seed makes this quite great, and it's invested too, w/ Modest for the higher base stat(though it means I can't take fully boosted Floatzel's Wave Crash, though idk if I could anyway.) 4 Spe for Gastrodon, 4 SpA and SpD could just as easily go in Def. This deals good damage w/ Giga Drain in terrain, and Earth Power hits Iron Moth and Gholdengo.

Forretress @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Put this originally for Espathra. Also great for Meowscarada especially. Loaded Dice can hit really hard, 3hkoing Ting-Lu(thank you, Sitrus,) and hurting things like Iron Moth, Bundle, Rotom-H, Hydreigon, etc. Gyro Ball was put for Fairy Espathra, also gets Flutter Mane. SR was put for...all the switches people do on me. It's not really for anything specific. Water Tera mainly just resists Fire.

I'm finally back to even w/L! 60:60, a bit over 30k so high for me lol. Pawmot is an issue...or it was prior to Gallade. I think this has good potential. There's nothing I'm dubious about, except maybe SR on Forretress(I was told it's a good idea, but it hasn't been useful.)

https://pokepast.es/0ddc6d63aa68ce65

late to the party but here are the teams i used in the wcop.

if the ev spreads are not 252/252 then it does something very specific, and no, i don't remember what that thing is. i like garganacl and iron moth.

garganacl + palafin
team 1.png

basic jist of the team here is that everyone can force a switch and get themselves set up on the free turn.

sun
team 2.png

suns out great tusks out.

armarouge + iron hands
team 3.png

i really wanted to use armarouge. a bit weak to great tusk if it's running a stab tera.

annihilape + bastard dragonite
team 4.png

this one was a bit more well thought out. hazards and/or salt cure to end game with flutter and/or chien pao. similarly, toxic spikes and/or salt cure can really make dragonite difficult to break through fast enough.

anyway, enjoy some tasty jamie originals.

:Flutter Mane: :Iron Hands: :Iron Bundle: :Garganacl: :Torkoal: :Chien Pao: :quadsire:

Howdy friends hope everyone’s venture into this season was as full of entertainment and suspense as mine was =] I would like to share the team I’ve been tweaking on all season. After a disgusting amount of matches, I was finally able to creep into the top 2k at like 2:20am while working graveyard. I had some low spots this season, like plummeting all the way to 30k for a few days, but all in all it was a great amount of fun =)

At first I was running a sun team taking advantage of proto + choice items, because I have the smoothest of brains and my logic ran something along the lines of “if some pokemon have high attack stats, choice will make it even more attack stats”. At first my core was roaring moon, my treasured mark 0 iv flutter mane I nicknamed Blouses after the chapel show skit and trusty honorable benevolent smoke turtle. I found, that I got lucky a lot more often than I deserved, because people don’t calc for those stats. After Derpysux pointed out my team was slower than molasses I made a few changes, but was still having trouble, when it came to the likes of Ting lu and Wo Chien. Dark weakness right (I so happy!) terra into poision or fire and shrug off Blouses’s Moonblast (I so sad ☹☹☹). Terra grass iron hands seemed to solve wo chien’s strangle hold on my team, pairing it with the assault vest perfectly complemented torkoals skyhigh defense. To deal with Ting lu, I opted for a past seasons flying garganacl with cloak, what with all the gawt dang fissure running around. These changes seemed to allow Blouse’s the ability to do it’s thing in peace. Thanks for reading hope you guys have a blast at seasons end =D

Current:
20230522_025809.jpg
Screenshot_20230522_023619_Pokmon HOME.jpg

Rental Code: KXLVML
20230522_023549.jpg

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/bf77d4dc60e65ba3

Friendship Picnic :)
20230522_023828.jpg

Last edited:
With the BSS World Cup being over for Europe as well, I will show my teams as well. I will go a bit more into detail about not only the team, but also my experience with it and about the tournament progression in general. Because of that, this will maybe not be the most interesting read and I am sorry for that in advance.

First of all, I would like to thank AtraX Madara for not only adding me to the EU team, but also starting me every week, despite a previous tournament experience of exactly 1. It felt at times a bit surreal to be surrounded by so many experienced tournament players. I am glad that I managed to contribute to several victories across this tournament, nonetheless there were some costly losses on my behalf (especially against Asia) that I am sorry for and need to learn from.

Week 1 (vs Latin America): https://pokepast.es/8dad3e910f0107ba

With this team I tried to expand on a Palafin team, that did pretty well for me during the BSS Open tournament. The main player that I added was the tera grass Baxcalibur in order to defeat bulky waters that could cause problems to this Palafin set. This idea would unfortunately not work out, as Baxcalibur did not contribute as I hoped and I lost the opening week in a 3-game set. Game 3 was very close and with better RNG and/or one or two smarter plays, I could have won. Still, this team is not great and there is definitely room for improvement. Although, I still love the Palafin set. It outspeeds adamant Baxcalibur and is one of the few Mons that really benefits from Punching gloves.

Week 2 (vs Rest of the World): https://pokepast.es/5f1c0d93ac0ade09

Probably my best (self built) team of the whole tour and maybe even of SV overall. I wish I tried it out on the in-game ladder, but I wasn’t very active on there at the time. I managed to win this week without using the tera option once across both games. MichaelderBeste used a prototype of this team twice as well and also won both times. Essentially, I wanted to work with Dargapult, as I felt like it was a little bit overlooked in the meta, considering it was (still is) the singular fastest viable Pokemon in BSS. The AV Sylveon ended up being a surprisingly amazing contributor, being able to somewhat check both Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane, undoubtedly the two most important special attacker in the meta at the time. This spread allows it to live a +1 tera normal max attack adamant Dragonite Extreme speed, while being able to OHKO basic Iron Bundles and 2HKO basic Flutter Manes. I forgot what the Rotom spread does, but it works in practice.

Week 3 (vs USA East): https://pokepast.es/47d2b6e9179dcef3

I was not overly confident in this team, due to having no Paradox Mons in it. In the end I managed to win, largely due to my opponent having very limited answers to Hatterene. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what this Hatterene spread does. However, the Baxcalibur can live 2 specs Iron Bundle Ice beams or one modest Gholdengo Make it rain, while outspeeding adamant Breloom. I definitely had RNG on my side during this set. I believe that it did not matter too much in the end, but I could be wrong. Life Orb is in my opinion a fairly underrated item on Quaquavel, as it often enables it to reach offensive milestones that it needs to snowball and sweep matches. I feel like the power with Sash or other items ends up a bit underwhelming at times. I also like how strong and fast adamant scarfed Meowscarada turned out and I will look try it out again at some point.

Week 4 (vs Asia): https://pokepast.es/5b0ac8627074e1ba

Against Asia I wanted to go with something a bit more unconventional and ended up with Clawitzer, a Pokemon that I personally like very much (surprise surprise). The main star of the team is the Annihilape. The spread lives a standard timid Moonblast from Flutter Mane, while maintaining a /16-1 HP stat and enough speed for Great Tusk and Baxcalibur. The same Flutter Mane calc applies to Dragonite (2HKO after tera normal), while my own Flutter Mane was meant to outspeed Booster energy Iron Valiant. I still think that this is one of my better self-built teams (Definitely better than week 1 and 3). But unfortunately for me/us my opponent would end up having almost the perfect counter-tech for everything I brought. Iron Bundle check Magnezone lost to tera ground Santa bird and Annihilape lost to MENTAL HERB Dragonite, something that has less than 1% usage on the ladder at all times, according to Pokemon home. TBF it was a tera flying Dragonite, so I probably would have lost regardless. Still not a bad team and I did make some crucial bad decisions, especially during game 1.

Week 5 (vs Brazil): https://pokepast.es/ecfcedea35a32c73

With the start of Regulation C, I decided to use successful rental teams, since I was not able to test self-built Series 2 teams on a ladder anymore. During my first week I chose the team above, in what ended up being a very close 3-game set. I was intrigued by the Flutter Mane, which would come in clutch during game 3, when it turned into a ground type to absorb a tera blast electric from an AV Baxcalibur. It even lived the Ice shard afterwards. Overall, especially the Gholdengo and the Dragonite sets managed to put in the necessary work to get the win. T-wave/Air slash Dragonite became very popular at the time and I got to see why during this week.

Week 6 (vs France and UK): https://pokepast.es/75c63734f125d642

This rental team was chosen due to banded great Tusk and Volcarona, who both looked extremely interesting to me. Coincidentally, it also contained a T-wave/Air slash Dragonite, which turned out to be a game deciding contributor in game 3. I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of this set, simply because of the RNG it brings with it and relatively poor damage output. But it was undoubtedly very good in the meta at the time. In the end it was a fairly close set and I was lucky that my opponent did only have very limited answers to banded Great Tusk, who was unquestionably the MVP.

Week 7 (vs USA West): https://pokepast.es/6bef04dff044bf47

At this point we were already guaranteed to get Play-off spot, while USA East were mathematically unable to join us. This was nice for me personally, as I felt a bit more relaxed going into this one. Here, I was once again persuaded by a Great Tusk, this time with Bulk up and Booster energy for speed. The tera fairy results in at least neural coverage against most of the metagame, which makes this one of my favorite sets of the tournament. This Palafin also looked really cool, since it can win 1v1 against many Dondozo sets, which is exactly what ended up happening during game 1. Game 2 was then won by Great Tusk, with the rest of the team not really needing to do too much additional work. Very cool team overall.

Semi Finals (vs USA East): https://pokepast.es/99c1f22e20e02e51

Given my record with self-built teams (2-2) and with rentals of actually competent team builders (3-0), my brain knew that I should stick with the ladder option. Intelligent and insightful as I am, I decided to go with my heart and built a team around Coalossal Roaring Moon.

This time around I tested the team on the in-game ladder. I used the showdown ladder for most of the previous teams, because I did not have all the Mons I wanted on cartridge. After a terrible run to Master ball with it, I started to get used to it and got more wins.

At the time (A few weeks ago) I finally got my hands on the Scarlet Paradox mons in game for the first time, which explains why I ended up with Roar Moon and Great Tusk (once again). Getting the Paradox Mons also resulted in me finally obtaining the shiny charm and I found pretty quickly an odd looking little Rolycoly, while EV training. For a Pokemon below the top 150 most used Mons, Coalossal has some surprisingly good matchups against several meta threats. It can comfortably live and 2HKO (close to OHKO) most stuff from Gholdengo and Flutter Mane; Mimikyu, Volcarona and Iron Moth do usually do very little damage against it and Chien-Pao needs to be afraid of the Flame body + Rocky helmet. And that’s before removing its most terrifying weaknesses with tera bug! Don’t get me wrong, it’s still not great and has many exploitative weaknesses, but a little niche for it in the current regulation C meta definitely exists.

LO Great Tusk with taunt was for me a nice mix between disruption of opposing support/ boosting moves and immediate damage output. The Roaring Moon set is extremely standard, but the spread has a favourable chance of living 2 tera normal adamant max attack Dragonite Extreme speed, while maintaining /16-1 HP, reaching a jump point in attack and enough speed for Annihilape. It never ceases to amaze me how much damage is does after tera, even without a Dragon dance. Flutter Mane outspeeds Iron Moth and is meant to do damage while maintaining some physical bulk. It always lives a Shadow ball from an unboosted timid Flutter Mane, while having decent chances of living EQ from Garchomp or weaker attacks from Chien Pao. Before the game I dumped all of Magnezone’s speed EVs (that were used to outspeed Corviknight and friends) into SpeDef, so I am not sure what benchmarks the Magnezone spread hits, but it lives a lot of stuff and does a lot of damage.

This would remain true in this semi final set, as Magnezone would end up being the MVP across both victories. Coalossol even managed to contribute some potentially important chip damage.

Finals (vs Asia): https://pokepast.es/5143acc7d99fd9d8

This team was based on one I laddered with to the 1800s on cartridge. I will write in more detail about that team elsewhere. I change up a few mons and sets, due to my opponent demonstrating clear preferences to certain mons in their previous WC games. Mainly Palafin, Magnezone and Glimmora. I used Psychic fangs on Chien Pao to deal with Screens Glimmora, something that my opponent used previously. Garchomp was also included deal with Glimmora and Magnezone, as well as to do chip damage vs Palafin. I don’t think that the team was not the problem here, I just played incredibly poorly and I think I could have done a lot better if I took my time with my decision making. An unfortunate end to a fun tournament for me and team Europe in general.

I started this team in the last season and managed to get quite a few wins which changed my rank. With the new season, after 40 battles, I managed to get ranked at #63 today. So I thought to share the team. The rental code is WPBTM1.

Garchomp
Rough Skin, Lum Berry, Jolly, Tera Fire
252 Atk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spe
Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Swords Dance

Glimmora
Toxic Debris, Focus Sash, Timid, Tera Grass
4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
Stealth Rock, Energy Ball, Power Gem, Sludge Wave

Gholdengo
Good as Gold, Choice Specs, Timid, Tera Steel
4HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Make it Rain, Trick

Chien Pao
Swords of Ruin, Choice Scarf, Jolly, Tera Ghost
12 HP, 252 Atk, 124 Def, 4 SpDef, 116 Spe
Icicle Crash, Throat Chop, Tera Blast, Sacred Sword

Iron Bundle
Quark Drive, Booster Energy, Timid, Tera Grass
252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spe
Substitute, Encore, Freeze Dry, Hydro Pump

Wo-Chien
Tablets of Ruin, Leftovers, Careful, Tera Fairy
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
Protect, Foul Play, Ruination, Leech Seed

Any suggestions on optimization more than welcome!

Attachments

:Lurantis: :Alomomola: :Dragapult: :Iron Bundle: :Amoonguss: :Drifblim:

Lurantis @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Pollen Puff

I love this for Ting-Lu, Bellibolt, Arboliva, Espathra, spore/leech seed immunity, and just giant damage in general. Grass tera exacerbates this, many times overkill but I'm unsure what else. EVs outspeed 4 Spe 50s, went up to there from just enough for Hippo. This is also fairly good w/ Flutter, who likes to use SpA dropping attacks, mainly Mystical Fire vs. grasses, but Moonblast has a high chance too. Even Shadow Ball, which they shouldn't use generally cause of less BP, can buff my SpD. Really fun mon to use, boosts and maybe even tera make only 2 of the 3 Unaware mons good walls to it. 0 Atk for Foul Play, Leftovers go w/ Synthesis, though I'd wager Miracle Seed could be great, and Synthesis is really just filler. Not much move options, so doubled up on grass attacks for healing too, and Pollen Puff is the only special option for coverage, hitting the 4x weaks who resist grass(Iron Moth/Volc resist so they are strong into Lurantis.) This lives some surprising hits, and due to the monolithic nature of a boosting Leaf Storm, can absorb trick despite low Spe.

Alomomola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Here for good. EVs to creep Dirge, have very high SpD, and Atk for Chi-yu and some stuff. Aqua Jet has been surprisingly good too of late, though the only specific thing it's for is the 1-2 punch on Glimmora. It has some surprise value, unlike the offensively stronger Azumarill(I could use a fairy, but I like Mirror Coat a lot.) Mirror Coat gets stuff like Flutter, Bundle(I break sub, hopefully they aren't jerks who spam it fishing for misses,) and Rotoms among others. Oly real weakness is Volt Switching into a dark type. Regenerator is amazing, and I think Alomomola goes really well w/ AV. Play Rough hurts dragons, namely the 4x weaks and Bax after a Glaive Rush. Acrobatics needs a disposable item, so it's the best choice for coverage. Fire tera for dirge, the wisp. I count on them to not use Yawn lol, you can't block a dirge w/ Sub so that'd be really scary for me in general. This mon has been w/ me the longest of them all.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Clear Smog
- Spore

Mostly useless, here for Regen core. Helmet cause I replaced a helmet mon, lefties are taken, and I'm not poison tera. Full phys. def cause of DNite's Flying tera blast unboosted, I guess. I think the lowest I could do is 180+def for DNite's Fire Punch to not 2hko, or E-Speed at +3 to not ohko. But idk what I get out of more SpD specifically. This is kinda good against Scizor. Really it's a filler immune to Spore/Leech. The game denies my Home Bronzong, maybe next regulation. Foul Play is important for attack boosters, goes w/ the tera, and I don't need grass w/ Lurantis dealing far more damage. Clear Smog is for non-atk boosters, or Bulk Up/Curse boosters. Seems ok, 2hkos Loom even w/o SpA.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 20 Atk / 212 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

I wanted Hydro Pump and water tera for fire types, seems good so far. Though there's misses often on two moves, I really think whichever lens is for fast mons could work. EVs...uh. The Atk should help OHKO AV Bax, and that's why I'm mixed. The SpD defnitely does something, and the SpA is mostly enough. Full Spe for the mirror and what not. Infiltrator seems best, I can often fear sub. Even w/ Darts hitting twice. Oh, this should take 2 of Scizor's Bullet Punches often, or one at +2. Water helps there as well. Fast Wisp is good, for DNite especially. Shadow Ball could be Hex, but there is 0 time to status Flutter w/ Wisp, so it takes a power drop. That seems unfavorable, esp. cause of GHoldengo too and those two's usage.

Iron Bundle @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 140 HP / 12 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Tera Blast
- Substitute

EVs for Dnite's terad E-Speed to 2hko less if at all, full Spe is required still, and the rest in SpA w/ 4 leftover. This was put for DNite I think, fighting tera can hurt it a lot if it's the regular Normal tera, otherwise Freeze-Dry gets it. Ice Beam may be better w/ Lurantis discouraging many waters. 0 Atk takes Umbreon's Foul Play extremely well, and Sub to block Yawn. Fighting tera is also evry aesthetic w/ matching colors. This is sorta good, but frail.

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 236 Def / 92 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Clear Smog
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

I had Orthworm on cause it does what Bronzong does, kind of, but replaced it cause sub is useless but I didn't feel like changing the move because I probably have it for a reason...anyway this is good, I replaced it for no reason at all I'm sure. EVs take Meowscarada's Knock Off or Gholdengo's Shadow Ball(this one is just usually,) and outspeed +70s, and +1 Scream Tail/ Maushold at +2. Dark tera for ghost and dark attacks. Shadow Ball can be really good for Flutter and Gholdengo, and Clear Smog is good even w/ Strength Sap imo, say for SDers who outpace drops. Destiny Bond is really nice to get a trade, have done so often enough. I haven't used Minimize BP Drif, what would pass for standard. This was originally put here FOR that, as Clear Smog wipes it and doesn't miss.

I'm almost doing good. Probably not really a good ranking, it's soon in the season for many people to be Master ball. And my W/l ratio is unsatisfactory. Hard to tell from what exactly, misses, crits, para hax, and Amoonguss being hard to bring factor in. Strong Outrages often get me, like Scarf/CB chomp or CB DNite. I may need a steel, soon enough though if reg D let's in my Bronzong(although what I'll actually run then is up in the air, I'm partial to very many things such as Regieleki, who I'm ok w/ being common in general cause I like it, some of the hisuians including maybe Eviolite Ursaring, and even Landog.)

Oh, paste wouldn't work so there's none of that. Idk what's up but it doesn't seem crucial.

I know this thread hasn't been very active but I saw there weren't any teams for Reg D being shared. After a lot of trial and error with team building, I barely got to Master Rank just before the season ended.

Landorus and Heatran are team staples; Lando has been the usual lead with a great Water Tera to soak up SE ice attacks. Plenty of back and forth switching between Lando and Heatran (intimidate spam and force switch outs for stealth rock), owing largely to the sizable bulk and recovery items both 'mons have.

My third team member has varied between Iron Bundle and Dragonite. Scizor and Flutter Mane haven't seen as much use save for being hard counters to certain 'mons (such as other Flutter Manes)

Attachments

Last edited:
:Orthworm: :Regieleki: :Ting-Lu: :Drifblim: :Dragapult: :Toedscruel:

Orthworm @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rest

Put this for my rain match up, previously Garg. I like ChestoRest, helps to heal up on the 2nd turn of Sacred Sword from Chien Pao, for instance. This is lived, but then you're easily revenged w/o Resting and waking up that same turn. Simple set from strat dex, it has been good. I really like Earth Eater, for Landog, Dnite, and Ting-Lu.

Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Transistor
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Tera Blast

My unusual take on Regieleki, that does good probably about as often as most sets would. Just can't get around that frailty, could probably run less spe to put some in bulk though. As is outspeeds up to Sun+scarf valiant(so overkill as that's not really a thing.) Still it DID get an Agility Spectrier. Electro Ball is the reason I use this mon, fun move. OHKOs Pex(it does plenty good there anyway, but you would normally allow them to toxic/toxic spikes,) really hurts other slow neutral or worse things like Grimm, Garg, etc. And stays in, while being cooler and often more powerful than T-bolt. Volt Switch seems obligatory, plenty of power too. T-Wave is a bit weird, it's partly for when they aren't immune but don't take much from electric, also for very fast(but no fast enough) things, which is boosted stuff typically. Ruins the opponent for the next mon. Thinnking ghost tera to use this on boosted DNites, I was suggested ice, but it's only really come into play recently vs, Cryogonal, as they run Freeze-Dry+Sheer Cold only for attacking. This has been good overall I'd say, it's at least usually an easy bring or not, so lessens chance I take too long picking lol.

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ruination
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Idk why this is here, but it's just so fat. I think I needed it to be SpD even more, what w/ Orthworm, Drif, and even to a lesser degree -SpD Pult. Poison is a great tera, I guess everyone knows so nvm about that. Usual moves, this has been ok. I fear it(on their team) more than I use it, I think. I had considered Stone Edge over maybe Whirlwind, to hit Volc mainly. I'm weak to Volc+Kingambit, this may be worth revisiting. I guess I like this ok, though I don't usually use anything this common. And it's so supportive, last mon it is usually useless. Might change it soon idk.

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 236 Def / 92 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

A big favorite of mine. EVs take Meow Jolly Knock Off or usually Gholdengo Timid Shadow Ball(one time it even took a timid Fluter's Moonblast terad! Though I don't have to look to know that's unlikely.) Originally wanted a T-wave spreader(was planning to transition Regieleki away from t-wave cause it's scarf,) w/ certain conditions. Like getting Luna(this won't necessarily, but softens it for the next mon and may win timer.) Hex can deal great damage, and is now preferred over Shadow. Strength Sap seems very important, if not vital. Won't get SDers sadly, and I removed Clear Smog for the hopefully less niche Destiny Bond. Oh, and Spe is for 70s and stuff. This has been really good imo, main complaint is Species Clause LOL. And ofc Ting-Lu(it can take Strength Saps given it has ruination.)

Toedscruel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mycelium Might
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Mirror Coat

This was put for spore blocking, beating users of that, and getting Luna, plus something else. Oh, it was getting Zapdos. If there's more I forgot it, but those were my requirements. EVs were for Grass tera Leaf Storm to better get Luna, but then went Giga Drain, kinda on accident, so derp:^ Mirror Coat is what gets Zapdos, and I've liked AV Mirror Coat in the past. Neither impressed or disappointed w/ this mon, really.

Dragapult @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Darts

This was put back here...um. For some reason, certainly the fast burn somewhat improves me vs. those nasty Urshifus. Though dark hits really hard anyways, and I fear SD...I've had decent success w/ this, I love Hydro Pump on it. EVs are to help ohko AV Bax w/ Darts(why it is mixed,) and the bulk does something. Max Spe is non-negotiable imo, on this, and the SpA is only a bit lower than it could be. Even w/ nominal bulk still sash, Pult is almost frail, and will ofc need it w/ some stuff regardless of investment. Oh, I think this was put here for subs, as it was revealed to me anybody could get by w/ a user of Shed Tail, vs me.

Doing better. Still like 10ish losses up, but was 20. Fully expecting a positive W/L ratio next season.

https://pokepast.es/1ec515d7f1ec7a23

2023080914161600-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

I never used Smogon Forums, this post should seen as answer to Qwidic's Team Post.

Your Team is still very insane, my man. Was so easy to climb. Tera Electric Scizor is a cheat code against some teras. I think Lando-T evs in combination with sitrus berry and taunt is the toolbox i needed to climb. I did not use Heatran that often but Iron Bundle was almost every game my main breaker.
What I like the most is the fact you can tera every mon and pick the one which is situational the best. There is no go to tera. So your team is harder to play but not that easy to read.

The craziest one is low kick Dragonite against other DNites who tera'd earlier, Heatrans, Chien Paos and Hisuis slime Dragon. I really enjoyed playing this team and I think i will push to top 100 with it.

Thanks for sharing
Crinchy

:Drifblim: :Dragapult: :Kleavor: :Toxapex: : Toedscruel: :Iron Hands:

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA / 92 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

My favorite, here for good I imagine(and it has been good.) Reglar item to best proc the Unburden if not using terrain. I had 180+Spe, but in VR thread it came up that this mon doesn't necessarily do well into Flutter/Gholdengo. Now it pretty much does, taking SE Shadow Ball often from that area(130 ish base SpA) of Shadow Balls, that are Timid unboosted. It then paralyzes Flutter into ohkoing it(if I'm faster, really it's still not perfect on flutters unless i can tera w/o eating Moonlast...but 2hkos Ghold.) Def takes Jolly Meow's Knock Off. T-Wave has been pretty great, not just for setting off Hex, I often get obscene para luck. It affects Heatran, unlike Wisp. Strength Sap is also amazing, letting me mess around on Chien w/ Tera, for instance. Luna may not hit me, so I can soften its Atk until I can switch in w/e to beat it normally. Destiny Bond seems to surprise people, and I often get a trade at worst and a 2-for-1 at best. It did cost me the win in a last mon vs. Normal DNite, as Sap limits to -6 then fails.

Dragapult @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Darts

Pult has been great for me, I really like water tera for Scizor(among others, Bullet Punch resist,) and Hydro Pump damage. That seems a good move, nearly getting rid of Hippo terad. This one does run Wisp, as it may lead on Chien-Pao, and it helps w/ the aforementioned Scizor and lots of stuff. It may be ok to run T-Wave here and Wisp on Drif, or one kind on both. I haven't tried that. No time to burn Flutter, so not running Hex here. Dragon Darts and mixed are for AV Bax and using the higher base stat. Max Spe isn't negotiable, really, so I cut SpA for w/e the special bulk does(though it is sash...) This was put here cause I don't like subs, from Shed Tail as it was.

Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Mirror Coat

I kinda dislike not using the ability, but this mon is pretty cool. It kinda acts like Goodra-H, but costs some stats for the benefit of a little spe, Mirror Coat, and an actual absorption move(goodras only get Absorb lol.) W/ AV, this can take some ice stuff even like from Bundle or Terad Regieleki, quite well as it turns out. And that's w/o halving the weakness w/ tera, at that point the attacks aren't even dangerous. I remember taking 68 damage from SpA booster(So modest too) Futter's Mystical Fire. And needless to say these and more die to the subsequent mirror Coat, Heatran is another target. Acid Spray lets this one do more damage, for when I can't Mirror Coat as easily, or just break it like a Heatran that isn't w/ Balloon. That's unfortunately a lot of things cause this kinda lacks power, Acid Spray gets Amoonguss I think, in conjunction w/ Earth Power(I always want a spore immune, but needed to beat them in the same slot, which eliminates some things. This should get loom w/ tera to tank Bullet Seed.) Would love a 5th moveslot for Dazzling Gleam, Brute Bonnet got me, though it's rare. EVs do something...might need to re-evaluate. I think they're for a decent enough roll on Luna, but that's w/ terad Leaf Storm, not Giga Drain which I'm running cause idk, save a tm or w/e.

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Toxapex came highly recommended, I like it ok. It is the #1 teammate for Toedscruel. EVs are just for odd HP for hazards and what not, I'm told that's good unless you're sitrus berry(or it a lefties # I suppose...meh.) This is put over Clodsire, who was covering the same side as Toedscuel anyways, this is phys def(while still kinda doing good on Flutters.) Leftovers to not give away I have Poison(lazy default lol) tera. They're free, though now I have even less for trick stuff. Liquidation is what the person who suggested this runs, it can sometimes hurt, idk. Might try Gunk Shot for Sylveon(eww Yawn cycles,) and the tera. Haze is another ok move, and seems fine since I got rid of Clear Smog on Drif for a while.

Kleavor @ Choice Band
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Axe
- U-turn
- Fury Cutter
- Night Slash

I still wanted SR, didn't really like Ting Lu or maybe I did idk...this doesn't seem great though. But it should heavily hurt Ting Lus. Bug for that as well. NIght Slash for Gholdengo. I didn't do anything fancy w/ the set...just full Atk and HP. I wanted the damage, and feel maaaybe w/ the para support it's ok. I'll probably ditch this soon, don't have a good handle on when to use it(do have a good idea of when not to LOL, but that doesn't help me justify it on the team.)

Iron Hands @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I had trouble w/ Garg, Annihilape, Goodra-H, Corv, and Ghold(maybe not that now Idk.) I'm not sure this is perfect on Grag since it's not Covert Cloak, but it does heal a lot(CC might ohko but idk.) Annihilape still takes high damage, what the Wild Charge and tera are for(what I caught and already trained is fighting...trying it out to see if I need to catGoodra-h is ohkod, SD is for Corv, and even bulky Gholds can faint to booster EQ. This has been good, it can hurt Ting-Lu a lot. I haven't seen Landog against me recently, so it seems ok this can't win against it ever.

I was doing quite bad, iirc, now is sorta bad but only in totals, recently has been good except some weird predicts on their part(expecting dark tera drif on a flutter, when I was chipped and couldn't nearly guarantee taking Shadow, I guess that's not that weird if you know the usage data on Drif, but really how many people would...) Idk what else, further back there's been freeze hax(I remember on the old Clodsire,) and probably some crits and weird teras, So almost broken even, at this rate should get to that point at least...

https://pokepast.es/6f3887b390c885cb

Toedscruel is spelled right but didn't make a sprite :^

View attachment 541555
I never used Smogon Forums, this post should seen as answer to Qwidic's Team Post.

Your Team is still very insane, my man. Was so easy to climb. Tera Electric Scizor is a cheat code against some teras. I think Lando-T evs in combination with sitrus berry and taunt is the toolbox i needed to climb. I did not use Heatran that often but Iron Bundle was almost every game my main breaker.
What I like the most is the fact you can tera every mon and pick the one which is situational the best. There is no go to tera. So your team is harder to play but not that easy to read.

The craziest one is low kick Dragonite against other DNites who tera'd earlier, Heatrans, Chien Paos and Hisuis slime Dragon. I really enjoyed playing this team and I think i will push to top 100 with it.

Thanks for sharing
Crinchy
Hey! I'm happy to hear my team got you pretty far in battle spot singles. I'm pretty new overall to team building because I used to play random battles all the time on showdown before I got Scarlet violet so it is a real treat to see someone take my team to higher levels

Thanks for the shout out!

:Drifblim: :Toedscruel: :Iron Hands: :Frosmoth: :Gyarados: :Dondozo:

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

Here for good, though sadly w/ a potentially bad 31 Atk IV...did calcs to find how to better handle Flutter and Ghold, now can often do that. Def for Meowscarada. Spreading T-wave has been really good, no just cause the hax fairy, who cruelly freezes me often, at least gives me good luck w/ para. Hex can then be really strong, even often ohkoing regular Flutter. Strength Sap is one of the biggest selling points of Drifblim, giving healing and lowering their Atk. Some normal types can be softened/stalled this way, say for a teammate(normals specifcally cause I can't hit them sadly, considering Icy wind on an ongoing basis but meh.) Destiny Bond is apparently a surprise to people, w/ Unburden can often get a trade(w/ or w/o another KO and/or crippling a mon, is ok.) Dark Tera is for Shadow Balls, a dark resist, and sometimes matters for Espathra(originally had Clear Smog Drif w/ dark specifically for that.) Idk, could go fairy for dark resist still, w/o being weak to fairy. Or fighting.

Tera Type: Ground
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Mirror Coat

I no longer know what EVs do, I think they need to be re-evaluated at some point but not sure cause also thinking to drop this mon. Not that I think it's bad, just bad into DNite, who I may not cover enough even now. This was put here for spore immunity, mostly beating the main sporers, and hurting Luna. Gets Zapdos and Bundle(yes it lives 4x SE Freeze-dry) w/ Mirror Coat, or better yet can Giga Drain Bundle for heals too. Acid Spray can be crucial, even w/o rocks. This doesn't deal the most damage, so it helps w/ that. Grass tera is for damage on the healing attack, better takes ice attacks despite still being weak to them too. And keeps the spore immunity most crucially.

Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Fighting Tera is just what I already have, generally favor Electric for damage on Annihilape(one of the reasons I have this, since even though it's obviously not a big check or anything, it deals a lot of damage to it and gets the rest of w/e I needed.) But trying fighting out cause I don't want to train anew. Seems ok, say for Ting-Lu. Anyways boring, probably standard, EVs. Fixes up the special side, at a small cost to Def. EQ is for GHoldengo, one of the things I need this for, and part of why it is booster energy. SD is for when I need even more atk, not sure I need it often but it has mattered. This has been good, I really like the damage output. HUrts Garg, one of the other things I needed it for.

Frosmoth @ Expert Belt
Ability: Ice Scales
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz

Kinda weird, wanted a full stop to Iron Bundle w/o having to tera, or run something even weirder(so like my scarf Regieleki.) Has been good on other stuff, and can even take some special fire attacks! One example of where else it succeeds is Greninja, a regular set can't even do real damage. Moves seem basic, Giga Drain offsets the paltry damage Bundle can do to this, and Bug Buzz is STAB that passes subs and hits...Abomasnow? Idk, one of the ones that has come up w/ it, not much has. In theory gets Cress, but even if they don't tera we boost up together and they deal higher BP w/ max boosts. Expert Belt was suggested over Never-Melt Ice, trying it out. NMI can do crazy stuff, but is limited in other ways so idk. Terad this can OHKO Ting-Lu, potentially offsetting my rather big rock weakness.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang

This was put here for Gholdengo...and Ice coverage say on Garchomp who is faster than Frosmoth(faster than this too, but can boost to fix, and this ofc lives a hit or two cause Intimidate and some natural physical bulk still. Thi has been good, dark tera for Ghold and...uh maybe just that. Speed is fast enough for Pao at +1, w/ some random bulk. LO is chosen even on a bulky mon, came in handy at least once, though might've cost me other times. This seems ok here despite the rock weakness.

Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wave Crash
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Curse

Now I don't remember why this is here at all, perhaps just cause originally a Water was suggested to me w/ Drifblim, as well as an electric immune, or at least resist. Sleep Talk and lefties were suggested over Chesto and Avalanche, trying it. Regular set from srat dex(except 4 Atk not Spe, couldn't figure out what 4 Spe is for on Curse.) Dragon tera for the 2 weaknesses, idk about it but I think I had no grass shards at the time, and now that it's a Rest one don't really need spore immunity. This has been pretty good, easily gets fat on both sides and disregards boosts, obvious why it is fairly common imo.

Sharing this kinda soon after the last, cause I've been winning fairly consistently. Only 7 more losses than wins, was like 18 more even recently, more than that at times. I'm not too aware of problems right now, just looking at the Toedscruel slot, since I still feel exposed to DNite(although I imagine no one is unharmed as it's rank 1.)

Hi there! with my first BSSPL coming to an end firstable I want to thank Noved and Derpy for trusting me and drafting me even tho I had zero tournament experience prior to this event. I went 2-1 after week 3 (lost playing usm battle spot) without being able to play week 4 due to some scheduling issues, the first two weeks I played SV BSS and it went pretty well all things considered, heres the two teams I used.
If you click on the image of the Pokémon, you will get the pokepaste.

✪ Week 1 vs tlenit
Replays: Game 1 / Game 2

ukvf6kemm4a81.jpg

Legion Face-to-Face

:basculegion: :chien-pao: :mimikyu: :chi-yu: :baxcalibur: :dragonite:

Coming from a break after Regulation C completely demotivated me was rough, I wasnt fully aware of what the metagame trends where like and what the new mons do but there was one thing I was confident for week 1 and it was that my opponent was going to grab a team from last season top 10 and looking at them Basculegion-M looked really solid. I made some researching for Legion builds and this one really caught my eye, Ru-san S8 team felt really good while practicing I made a few tweaks to the squad and thank God I got a solid matchup to round things up. The main takeaway from this team was the legion set I came up with, even tho I wasnt able to fully showcase it I was very proud of it back then.
Basculegion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 92 HP / 220 Atk / 148 Def / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Last Respects
- Agility
- Wave Crash
- Aqua Jet

When practicing people already expected the trick room mode from Mimikyu + Legion and while against tlenit worked just fine, other people that had the options where able to pivot around mimikyu or legion to stall out trick room which removes consistency to this strategy this is when I realise that a backup plan was needed. Agility wasnt used at the time and this gave the fish the flexibility need it to succeed, punishing the opp for stalling the trick room on the last turn when they felt they where safe and with this I could also stop relying on Mimikyu. I felt validated by this after S9 ended and most Basculegions had agility. EV Spread allows Legion to live a sucker punch from 252 jolly Chien-Pao and after one agility outspeed everything up to unboosted Iron Bundle.

WEEK 2 vs Thick Fat Azumarill
Replays: Game 1 / Game 2 / Game 3

tumblr_a99d1f79e7b0e3e436d3af0da0765e3b_e04321bc_1280.jpg

Annihilape Cycle

:iron-bundle: :annihilape: :cresselia: :scizor: :dragonite: :arcanine:

Week 2 my main idea was to bring Azumarill I tried to put together a lot of different things just for the memes but Azu wasnt feeling too good in practice and I didnt want to use it just as a mon to bait tera water from the opponent which couldve been benefitial but thats just not what I wanted. During this week my homie Drake posted his s9 team report in the middle of the season and I really like the way it looked but as usual I wasnt feeling some things and some changes where made, most of these where already thought of by him. I had a solid idea of what TFA was going to bring, some bulky offense team with Flutter Mane since apparently that was his comfort mon. With that in mind a stall-breaker Ape plus a cycle mode of Scizor plus specs Bundle seem solid and I was right. The mad monk was the MVP of this series.​

Last edited:
Bachy, your team report is so cool looking! It feels so dynamic and action packed which im sure is the way this season has felt! That bax is freaking a scalpel, used to perform surgery on opposing teams! I love your anhilape cycle team as well, that ghost ape in your hands should give rise to an all new era of ninja clans ^_^ it was a blast reading this, thanks for taking the time to share your team construction process and experiences competing!
Btw cress for the win is the epitome of high art :D

:Drifblim: :Frosmoth: :Dondozo: :Bombirdier: :Rotom-heat: :Iron Hands:

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

Optimized for being about as good against Gholdengo and Flutter as it gets, while also taking Meowscarada's Knock Off at full. Often relevant just for its type, but dark tera to resist dark and ghost, and sometimes for the prankster immunity. Could be fairy, think I have enough ground teras now. T-Wave is really good, not just for buffing hex. Hax is pretty strong, and much of this team values them being slower. Strength Sap is an amazing move, and even can give use vs. certain sets of things I can't actually damage, like DNite(normal) and Ursaluna. Destiny Bond often forces a trade. This has been good I think.

Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Put this for some reasons that are lost. It certainly hits very hard, like with Garg and Heatran. Regular-ish EVs, phys. bulk doesn't need the buff as much, and it's slow and has a huge HP stat. Probably usual enough moves, except SD which I felt helped w/ idk maybe Cress or w/e. Fighting is the tera type I caught on cart, it was already trained. Not sure if electric would be better, but hate ground weakness on this, and it doesn't seem worth training anew. Main issue is lack of Ice Punch, but I do like SD on this.

Frosmoth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 60 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Bug Buzz

Had AV Toedscruel w/ a more 'traditional' QD Frosmoth, but was suggested this since I asked, because I never used QD(hardly ever.) AV Ice Scales is a bit absurd on the special side at least, mostly avoiding the 2hko from Bundle's Hydro Pump when weak to it, and Flutter's Mystical Fire when weak to that. Ground tera and Tera Blast to get things like Heatran and Gholdengo, that normally aren't touched, and resist rock moves. Has interestingly been very relevant for electric attackers too, for instance if they are choice locked. I really like this and don't miss QD one bit. Bug BUzz can be great for bypassing subs, say Cress or Glalie/etc.

Dondozo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wave Crash
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Curse

Mostly the stratdex curse set, but w/ Sleep Talk which was suggested. Highly unreliable move imo, but it sorta makes me a sleep absorber. Dragon tera for the 2 regular weaknesses, usual enough EVs. This has been pretty good.

Bombirdier @ Lum Berry
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dual Wingbeat
- Knock Off
- Icy Wind

I like Bombirdier, have used it on many teams now. Max Spe is necessary, there is no way I can get away w/ less than for Jolly Loom, and max is just a bit more for 80s like the common DNite. That's part of why Icy Wind, though also Lando T. Dual WIngbeat and Lum let me switch in on Loom, this was suggested to be less obvious a counter than running a grass type. Knock Off is a generally good move, and so is SR. Ground tera for rock and electric moves. Keen Eye is the only decent ability for this set.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Put this for TrickScarf, have messed up a predicted Ursaluna switch-in, and some others. Really like Trick these days, w/ no n-trickable items like before. Also gives me a trick absorber(unless trick CB but lol.) Discharge could be T-Wave, but imo either is far ahead of T-Bolt in my book, need that para. Often all this can do, if they aren't weak to Trick and are, say, dragon type. Regular other 2 moves, EVs, and tera. I don't love this, never have greatly enjoyed Rotoms cause, despite high base Def and SpD, they have miserable HP. But it does do good w/ Zapdos, who is also often weak to trick(have then used tera on Frosmoth/Bombirdier to be immune. to what they should be stuck on)

They are weirdly allowing DLC mons already, so I shouldn't play until I know them well, might be a few days. Also might wanna train one/some. Therefore posting before I thought I would, cause this team might end up a bit dated next I play. Medium results overall, but wins/loss are close, compared to when I was 16 losses up eek.

https://pokepast.es/faa9986ed2064b67

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Since regulation D is all but fucked for the rest of its lifespan because of the incompetence of our favorite development team, I figured I may as well drop the teams I’ve used in bsspl for SV.

Week 1 - All Nighter
:Landorus-therian: :iron-hands: :Annihilape: :Dragapult: :Heatran: :iron-bundle:
- This was a team made around banded Dragapult and scarf Lando, which made a pretty fierce offensive duo. It was pretty simple aside from that. A couple defensive pieces and iron bundle because fast. The most notable thing about this team is this was where I first hit on the iron hands set I would continue to spam for the rest of the ruleset LOL.

Week 2 - played SS

Week 3 - Counterattack
:Landorus-therian: :gholdengo: :Dragonite: :Urshifu-rapid-strike: :flutter-mane: :iron-hands:
- This is an adaptation of the team I used in my ladder efforts. Once again we have a dual choice item offensive core, this time with Banded Landorus (affectionately dubbed Bando Lando) alongside Specs Flutter Mane. Bulky twave gholdengo supports both of these mons very well, slowing potentially faster pokes down to allow Lando and Flutter to keep up the pressure. Bulky hands is back, and can be a ridiculous wincon. Being able to survive something as strong as a guts boosted earthquake from Ursaluna. This is a really fun team in my opinion and I still use it here and there on ladder now.

Week 4 - PARTY FAVOR
:ting-Lu: :gholdengo: :Dragonite: :Urshifu-rapid-strike: :Heatran: :Dondozo:
- So far my only loss, however I still think this team is quite good. I did lose mainly because of a misclick but that’s neither here nor there. The team itself features heavy use of bulky pokes backed by Scarf Gholdengo to clean up against things like flutter mane. Curse Dondozo and Assault Vest Heatran are a very good defensive core that still pack a decent amount of power. Had I done things a little better that week I probably could’ve won this as well.

Week 5 - Remember How to Live
:ting-Lu: :chi-yu: :Dragonite: :Urshifu-rapid-strike: :Cresselia: :chien-Pao:
- A very different team from what I usually use. Ting-Lu is a good lead to set hazards and spread chip, while scarf Chi-Yu is a great cleaner. Dragonite, Urshifu and Chien-Pao are all great offensive pokes that can break down defensive cores, and then I picked Cresselia to have a good matchup against Garganacl and Espathra, as those are two pokes Luis loves to use, cress also rounds the team out nicely as a good defensive piece and late game wincon.

I had lots of fun in BSSPL this year, unfortunately we didn’t make playoffs but that’s ok, everyone did great. Big thank you to my team members, especially NOVED and Bachy for always being around to help me test stuff, and thanks to my friends StarkGod and greilmercenary9 for helping me build and test as well. I can’t wait to see you all again next year :3
Final Record - 4/1

Last edited:
Howdy yall =) I just wanted to share with you about this team that I made my journey through the last month of regulation E. in an unprecedented move, there were a score of new pokemon introduced in the last month of regulation E, and this threw things into disarray, as the emergence of one scrappy little bandit named Ogrepon really played havoc with a lot of team frames. With the introduction of the poison trio as well, things that were taken for granted now had increased resistance. In particular, fluttermane was dealt a heavy blow with the intro of the bulky Okidogi and fezendipiti, and this last month change in the format really did much to introduce some vigor into the stale regulation. I floundered and floundered, trying to use my arcanine / cress team that I posted much to no avail. BNBN was kind enough to share with me his “brain dead autopilot” team to try out, and while it’s construction was immaculate, for my play style I was too smooth brained yet again to grasp the elegant intricacies that excellent team construction require. Frustrated, drowning in the lower 20 and sometimes 30 thousands, I began to question whether I even GRASPED what friendship with my pokemon meant. When was the last time I took them on a picnic? When was the last time I gave my chien pao a bath? It gets very dirty frolicking in the snow. At one point, I just said eff it, and ran all 4 ruins plus dragonite and fmane, and surprisingly I saw a few good results from this. The crucial point, was when I decided, “eff it, chien pao, PLUG WALK” and slapped a choiceband on it, adamant, and dark terra on it. This happened to be a PIVOTAL moment in my experience with regulation E’s last season. BNBN also imparted the crucial nugget to me, that Wo Chien’s tablet of ruin remains intact regardless of ogrepon’s moldbreaker. With the wave of grass monkey running around, and wochien’s crucial ability to destroy things with a stabbed foul play, really gave me two methods of absorbing hits (cushion) while keeping momentum going. The last 2 days, things kind of crystalized for me, and I made it to the top 5k. the morning of season end, I had an incredible win streak that left me that 1750 ELO, but my family intervened into my obsessive gaming tendencies and litrully made me go touch grass. We returned from our day trip with 40 minutes left of the season, and I was able to pull 3 victories in a row to end the season at 1805 ELO!!!!!! I seriously felt like shooting a 3 pointer at the buzzer. This last month was full of incredible moments, because to celebrate everyone’s hard work and dedication to the power of friendship I begged the discord channel to join me on a friendship picnic! My heart sings with joy to tell you this, but Kiby and Pearl were kind enough to join me and Trippy as we threw a starlight celebration for our hard working friends at fury falls. I woke up the next morning after series end already putting 9-1 up on the board for ranked and decided to idle grind showdown and as a direct result of going on friendship picnic, I was able to clinch #1 on showdown for ranked for a day with this same team needless to say, I am thoroughly enjoying this community, this game, and all the incredible moments that are to be made in this plane of reality, and I want to sincerely thank all the friends I’ve made playing this from the bottom of my heart. The power of friendship, may it always prevail :*)
Screenshot_20231001_111000_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230930_164405_Pokmon HOME.jpg

20230930_172424.jpg

20230930_173535.jpg
20230930_172855.jpg
20230930_173115.jpg

The TEAM!

(I’ve included a paste and rental code, the rental code is : B59R9B)

And the paste is: https://pokepast.es/48bc9e0b2a64f48d

Wo Chien @ Leftovers

Protect

Leech Seed

Giga Drain

Foul Play

The match ups that this thing is good into. Urshifu, ogrepon(with terra), the ability to sponge spores and leech seed, take advantage of grass terra, reliably KO iron bundle, the list goes on and on. I use poison terra, to even further wall stuff, plus I find it hilarious when lando flying terras hoping to one shot grass me, and then I me terra into poison and it dinks off, and it’s choicelocked. I’ve been known to chortle in this instance

Fluttermane @ Choice Specs

Moon blast

Shadow ball

Tera Blast

Power Gem

Specs hair is still the best fluttermane in my opinion. The ground terra one shots non invested tox, one shots heatran, one shots most things that I know are going to terra out of their type, such as garchomp, anhileape, baxcalibur, it one shots garg unterra’d and most of the time garg terra’s poison in front of fluttermane when booster doesn’t activate, so it clinches there as well. The chipping power though is incredible. If you chip away with chien, mane, then late game, when u terra dark chien, nothing can really stand those sucker punches.

Dragonite @ Rocky Helmet

Twave

Air slash

Roost

Encore

My thick boy :”) shes so happy when she sees urshifu, it smacks her with multiple water skiddy paps and she just claps her hands and says another another! Control option, while being able to clinch some chip damage passively with rocky helmet. A treasured friend.

Tinglu @ sitrus berry

Stealth Rock

Ruination

Earthquake

Tera Blast

I run fairy terra on this :D my favriote Digimon, its not even a pokemon at this point. This thing is bulky beyond words, and not praying for a ohko has proven to be more effective than just shooting and praying.

Chien Pao @ Choiceband

Crunch

Sucker Punch

Icicle crash

Sacred Sword

The honorable chairman pao. Cheemesters. Going full ooga booga max attack adamant cband dark terra sounds like a joke, but it one shots things so consistently its not even funny. Unterrad, it outspeeds and one shots ogrepon. Watching the little ogrepon don it’s mask and blowout fire just to have it die to a cold skiddy pap, I’ve had many disconnects on this one. Also, flinching on a cband icicle crash is pretty devastating :D

Urshifu @ punching glove

Crashing waves

Swords dance

Drain punch

Aqua jet

Good ole drip fu. Continues to be a punishing force :D

So if I see heatran or tox, I lead flutter. If I see ogrepon, lando, etc, ill make sure to include wo chien and dragonite in my construction, and go with chien pao. Basically the premise of the team is do tiny bits of noneffective damage like airslash or foul play, try to set it up so the damage is spread around, then clean with pao. It’s proven to be decently effective :D

And finally, these are some pictures of the friendship picnic. I was dumb and assumed the photos that I took in game would be saved somewhere ^^;; as you can see, all of our pokemon were thoroughly pampered and celebrated for all their hard work and sacrifices (being fainted hurts!). thanks for reading, and continuing to make this one of my most treasured experiences in this life ^_^

:skeledirge: Fly With Me! A Regulation E Team Showcase :skeledirge:
https://pokepast.es/bb0440e8a085ced0 | Rental Code coming soon
This team has been in the works ever since I took a peak into the wonder that is Battle Stadium Singles. For a while, I never stepped outside of OU, but the moment that my comfort zone was breached I became hooked. This team has travelled with me in Regulation D, and has been adapted for the Regulation E metagame, which is what you see here. This team is meant to be an anti-meta team, which means many ideas presented here are used to provide valid checks or counters to top threats in the meta. Whether it be the extremely ironic blistering speed of the "slow and bulky" fire type Skeledirge, or a Sneasler whos survivability knows no bounds, these sets help you bash many an Ogerpon, or swap into many a Bloodmoon Ursaluna. With this out of the way, I present to you my debut in the BSS community.

:scizor: Analysis of Sets :scizor:

:sneasler:

Ramona Flowers (Sneasler) (F) @ Focus Sash

Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk /
252 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Dire Claw - Close Combat - Tera Blast - Fake Out

Sneasler is, in my opinion, an amazing and sometimes an auto-win lead that gets your match off on amazing footing. Fake Out is a great and unexpected move that breaks the sash on certain pokemon that rely on it like :chien-pao: Chien Pao, and can also kill a mon that has lived on a sash. Fake out is also great for winning certain rolls; a good example is :ursaluna-bloodmoon: Bloodmoon Ursaluna EV-ing its defense to live these fighting type moves. You'll find that lots of ursaluna will stay in for this VERY REASON, which allows you to pick up easy KOs at the beginning of the match.
In terms of coverage, Poison / Fighting stab is an amazing stab combo, handling more than half of the meta with ease. However, this coverage type happens to have two distinct weaknesses; Ghost for Fighting, and Steel for Poison, and these two typings clad one of the most centralizing steel types in gen 9; the horrid head honcho of hazard-keeping, :gholdengo: Gholdengo. However, as a ancestor of Weavile, this pokemon is bound to have a few tricks up its sleeve. These tricks materialize into the new Gen 9 move Tera Blast, which, when to terastallize into Tera Ghost, lets you always win the 1v1 vs :gholdengo: Gholdengo when your sash is still intact. However, the most key asset to this set that makes it an incredible lead is its amazing use of :focus-sash: Focus Sash. You may have noticed by now that I have 0 in HP, SpDef, and Def, and this is for good reason, as you will always want Sneasler to have its :focus-sash: sash activated, which gives it the unburden speed boost it needs to outspeed EVERYTHING outside of scarf eleki. This means sneasler can EASILY spiral out of control, and things that would stop it, like E-Speed Dnite? Hah, get Tera Ghosted! Overall, Sneasler is a devastating team-ripper that wields unresisted stab with Tera Blast, and with it, unresisted fury.

:scizor:
(Scizor) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4
Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat

- Bug Bite
Scizor was an unlikely hero for my team that I happened to add later on in development. This pokemon is a ranged powerhouse with :assault_vest: Assault Vest, allowing it to reliably check so many ranged attackers dominating the meta, including :flutter_mane: Flutter Mane and :ursaluna-bloodmoon: Bloodmoon Ursaluna. Its typing is amazing defensively, and destroys with stab-technician Bullet Punch, giving :flutter_mane: Flutter Mane no hope. It also has Close Combat, which doesn't oh-ko Ursaluna, but does KO after a bullet punch, which is fine since you take nothing from everything :ursaluna-bloodmoon: has. Bug Bite is for psychic coverage to check Espathra or force its tera, and U-Turn is for a slow-stab boosted pivot, which works like a charm with Scizor's low speed. This pokemon is deceptively great, and you'll find many situations where it "just happens" toplay a big role in stopping the opponents team.

:Iron-Bundle:
Kowalski (Iron Bundle) @ Booster Energy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4
SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute
- Flip Turn

Iron Bundle is a pokemon that was, surprisingly, less of something that I immediately slapped onto the team, but more of a problem solver for it. Mid-development, I noticed what would be a big problem for this team without our Robust Robo-pengu, which was :dondozo: / :blissey: Dondozo/Blissey stall. This team core can easily spiral out of hand without the correct tools, and Iron Bundle fares well versus this core, threatening out :dondozo: Dondozo on the spot as it resists both Wave Crash and Avalanche, as well as sub-procing yawn. Iron Bundle is also an amazing cleaner, with a devastating speed tier boosted to further heights with Quark Drive, a useful speedy pivot with Flip Turn, and using sub quite well. Freeze Dry is an incredibly important tool for Bundle, and is one of the main reasons why I chose it. Hydro Pump is self explanatory, and all of these attributes come together to form a pokemon banned to OU in Smogon play for good reason.

:Dragonite:
Sakupan (Dragonite) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 244 HP / 252
Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

- Ice Spinner
Must I really explain this thing? For those who are unaware, Dragonite is one of Gen9 BSS's most defining pokemon, with great overall bulk, and the ability to end games with one Dragon Dance, connected to Tera Normal Extreme Speed, along with Multiscale to absorb every, and I mean every hit when terastallized. EQ hits the steels and rocks that would resist Extreme Speed, as well as being a powerful pokemon overall. The only choice that isn't self-explanatory for this set is Ice Spinner, which I believe is extremely helpful for Dragonite, moreso with Regulation E's stall menace, :gliscor: Gliscor. With one Dragon Dance, Ice Spinner OHKOs unsuspecting Gliscor, as well as giving you the ability to win all mirror matches with opposing non-tera :dragonite: Dragonite. All-in-all, Dragonite's ability to destroy would-be sweepers and its amazing ability to win 1v1s resulted in it finding its footing on my team, along with many other teams.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:
Halcyon (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner

- Aqua Jet
Urshifu-Rapid Strike, a pokemon feared by many for its ability to break frail pokemon that rely on :focus-sash: sash, as well as having an amazing defensive typing and ignoring protect, practically forcing :gliscor: Gliscor to terastallize, most likely into water, where our :iron-bundle: Bundle will handle it from there. The choice band set is extremely threatening and hard to stop, even being able to OH-KO Non-Tera Hearthflame and Ogerpon-Cornerstone on a high roll, though you can choose not to rely on a roll with Tera Steel, psyching out Ogerpon that try to Horn Leech you. Aqua Jet is used to handle sash mons and mons in a low range, as well as doing deceptively high damage to :flutter-mane: Flutter Mane, as a perk of the Choice Band. Speaking of :flutter_mane: Flutter Mane, Tera Steel allows you to catch :flutter_mane: that try to click Moonblast off guard for an OH-KO with Surging Strikes. If you couple all of this with natural bulk, and good type matchups versus lots of the meta, even going so far as to check non-psychic fangs :chien_pao: Chien Pao, Urshifu is the fighting type that Keldeo says to ignore.

And for the crowning jewel, the tree-topping star, and my favorite competitive mon, we have..

:skeledirge:

Hell's Bells (Skeledirge) (F) @ Blunder Policy
EVs: 4 Def / 252
SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Torch Song
- Sing
- Shadow Ball
- Slack Off

When I begin to talk about the pheonix-donning diva Skeledirge, I cannot stop. Skeledirge, while being lackluster in past regulations, has gotten the Great Tusk treatment, in the sense that it has tools that make it perfect in the current metagame. Skeledirge's signature move, Torch Song, allows it to ignore substitute and say "No!" to substackers that try to set up, made even more potent when coupled with Sing, which ignores substitute and allows you to out-boost your opponent. "But Tripp!", you may ask. "Sing has extremely low accuracy, so it's pretty unviable". The keen of eye, however, may have noticed the item I've given skeledirge, and it all starts to come together. Clicking Sing is often a win-win situation. You either put your oppinent to sleep, temporarily removing them and allowing you to stack Torch Songs like dollar-store cheese, or you gain a devastating x2 boost in speed, allowing you to either Torch Song away as you outspeed all unboosted opponents outside of :regieleki: Regieleki, or even go for a second sing! You also have reliable recovery in Slack Off, which means you can restore your health to full in the situation where your opponent is asleep, which is coupled with Ghost stab which makes for a stab combo only resisted by Thick Fat :snorlax: Snorlax. Tera Steel is used to live one Blood Moon from :ursaluna-bloodmoon: Bloodmoon Ursaluna, as well as resisting :ogerpon-cornerstone: Rockpon's Ivy Cudgel. This unpredictedness and utter domination of a set is why I adore Skeledirge, and consider it the highest point in my team.

Now that we've covered the build, lets move on to...

:cresselia: Team Threats :cresselia:

Cresselia - If you think just bringing Scizor will stop Cresselia, you are hugely mistaken. Cresselia, coupled with Tera Poison, is a extremely hard-to-break wall, especially once Tera'd. Your best bet is winning the 1v1 through sheer force with Skeledirge, but it is still something to keep in mind
Alotales + Baxcalibur - "Now hit the second tower" Alotales says, as Baxcalibur ruthlessely tears through teams with great bulk from hail and an Aurora Veil that lets it DDance away. The only surefire answer to reliably getting Bax is brick break, which isnt a great move otherwise. Since KO-ing Alotales is an easy job with the arsenal we have, you can use Alotales as setup fodder to prepare for Bax, preferrably with Skeledirge. Torch Song turn 1, then Sing, which either misses, giving you the speed boost, or hits and puts either Alotales or their switch-in to sleep. If Alotales stays in, Torch Song, but if something else swaps in, act accordingly.

Conclusion
First and foremost, I want to shoutout the amazing BSS community, and certain people in particular (TheDarknessMadeFlesh, TFA, Bachy, Pearl, Hulavuta, Derpy, and Tmon) for excitedely teaching me about the amazing meta. If you see me on the ladder (I use the Sky Trainer avatar), say hi! I hope that this team has an impact on something in regards to your teams, as you Fly With Me into Regulation E!

:Thundurus-Therian: :Florges: :Wyrdeer: :Weezing-Galar: :Skeledirge: :Dragapult:

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wildbolt Storm
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

Put very recently, I forget why since Florges already gets the Bloodmoon beast. Specs is maybe random, but Wildbolt Storm has a small chance to ohko that version of Ursaluna if it's normal terad. This chance does not go up w/ 8 more EVs, hence the spread. I'm at least interested to try out this mon's new signature attack, as it can para and is slightly stronger than T-bolt if it hits(the para chance and miss chance are both 20%, so I figure it's an ok move.) Volt Switch seems obligatory on something that does a lot of damage w/ it, and I figured on Tera Flying Tera Blast to deal high damage to most everything. This would probably be the first mon to go, despite me inexplicably putting it 1st here lol.

Dragapult @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Darts

My old Pult set, I put it back for fighting Gliscor(as I decided to try AV Weezing g after doing many calcs, and now it no longer takes EQ well at all. Relevant cause Neutralizing Gas can stop Gliscor. If only I could have levitate too...) Another mon weak to Chien-Pao, kinda like most of these, but it can Wisp it still. I like Wisp a lot. Shadow Ball, not hex, is mainly for Flutter. No hope of burning it 1st to power up, maybe if you run T-Wave but never tried that on Pult. Hydro Pump w/ the water tera can be immensely helpful, like vs. Garg who won't take much from Darts even if it's not fairy tera. Also vs. normal tera ghosts, where it's the best damage. Dragon Darts are here for Bax mainly iirc. I suppose DNIte too, it breaks scale.

Florges @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

Put this back, great match-up vs. dark Urshifu despite relative physical frailty, and Chi-yu. Calm to take advantage of the extra obese base stat, but 252 SpA to deal good damage. Grass tera lets me use the ability, which voids status and even stat drops. It also powers up Giga Drain, which is for Garg mainly. This used to be Covert Cloak, at this time is Sitrus cause I actually replaced Drifblim.

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Hex

One of 3 water teras, Idk if that's ok but it was like this already from when I used it before. EVs from stratdex, definitely looks good to take a point out of Def for a point on 2 other stats. My only adaptation is probably Hex over Shadow Ball, I do spread some status even besides this mon itself. Otherwise very basic, seems good. Interestingly, terad, it STILL takes 2 of Ogerpon's Trailblazes.

Wyrdeer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Earthquake
- Trick
- Body Slam

This was put here chiefly for Ogerpon, though I like TrickScarf and having a spore answer. Water tera resists the typical type of Ivy Cudgel, and grass is better than an immunity cause it raises Atk. Psyshield Bash is what really sets it apart, letting it set up and hurt the Oger(who it is EVd to outspeed.) Should be about as good as it gets for that match up. EQ hits terad Oger, and is great besides for in general and doing something to steels. Body Slam is the stronger STAB, who's para makes it preferred to me over DE. I actually caught this shiny on cart not that I'm trying to timer stall w/ it lol.

Weezing-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Strange Steam
- Acid Spray
- Overheat
- Gyro Ball

I started using Weezing-g as a fancy answer to Gliscor, as it gets neutralized and starts taking toxic damage. If they set up a sub the turn I switch in, or they switch in on my attack, it might be enough despite EQ weakness. But then I thought about all the times I really couldn't bring this despite the ability wreaking havoc, say on weather starters, cause of special frailty. So looked into AV(took off Frosmoth for this, as I only like that AV,) and it seems promising. Can now shut down stuff like Sun, Snow, and Rain, as well as all the little things Neutralizing Gas does like vs. DNite, Pao, and many others I don't feel like thinking about right now. EVs make Futter an unlikely 3hko w/ Shadow Ball, and ohko Gholdengo terad. They also live a MiR un terad, and 2hko if Overheat hits both. HP is kept odd, so 4 in ATK(which is partly used, for Flutter and Ninetails-A mainly,) and def. Acid Spray is another reason I went to this mon to begin w/, and the 1st reason, as it breaks down even max SpD Dondozo, who I was not getting on the old team. Seems like a fun mon, I like the ability's applications, and Strange Stream is strong, being 5% more accurate than Play Rough, same BP though special ofc, and sometimes getting useful confusion.

This is mostly an unproven team, I plan to keep using it like this(might swap the Thund just cause of Pao,) mainly wanted to post it cause I like Weezing(probably G or not, though leaning the fairy for greater resists.)

Last edited:
S11 Bachy's Fake Big 6

F9jzkF4bYAA9xIa.jpg

pokepaste

Hi guys today Im sharing the team Ive been using on Pokémon Showdown for the past month, peaked at 1500s (around top20) in one account and got two other accounts to 1400s with very few matches played, the goal was to reach top10 before the last week of the month but there was a storm in my town so I had to stop due to not having internet at my place, no regrets tho the team performed well and it was fun playing with it so for this season im good with ending here. No cart play this month which is a bummer but I believe the team is solid enough and can perform well in console too so I will be leaving the rental code for anymore who wants to try this on cart.

Up next some quick notes regarding EV Spreads, Movesets and Roles.

:flutter mane: Disrupter set. Creates starting point for our sweepers (usually goes with ogerpon or dnite) and prevents opposing settup, late game cleaner. 212 HP and 220 Def EVs with Bold nature allows Mane to always withstand Sucker Punch from Adamant Choice Band Chien-Pao and Surging Strikes from Adamant Punching Glove Urshifu Rapid-Strike. 68 Spe EVs makes it so we are faster than Scarf Jolly Urshifu, +1 Jolly Baxcalibur and +2 Adamant Cloyster. Tera Water is the estandar nowadays, very solid defensively. I cant remember a match where it wasnt selected, either as a lead or in the back, this Pokémon was too good.

:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Stall-Breaker set. Destroyer of fat builds, him and Flutter Mane puts ton of team preview pressure making so the opponent really wants to bring their steel type, which is good for our Dragonite (unless its Heatran, but they wont bring Heatran against this). 100 HP and 12 SpDef EVs allows Ursaluna to always live Hydro Pump from Iron Bundle with one Calm Mind up and its 5HKO by Chanseys Seismic Toss. 156 Spe EVs outspeeds up to 4 Spe Wo-Chien and everything below that. Huge shoutouts to my friend Ru-san for the set, insane player.

:gholdengo: Wall-Breaker/Disrupter set. Stops a lot of the cheese, was added to deal with Killernite, Disrupter Flutter Mane and to create a starting point for Dnite or Ogerpon with Trick. 196 HP and 236 Def EVs are there to ensure Tera Dragon Gholdengo lives a Tera Dark Crunch from Adamant Choice Band Chien-Pao and lives 15/16 times the Earthquake from +1 Dragonite. 196 HP and 4 SpDef EVs also makes it so Gholdengo always lives even a crit Hex from 4 SpA Disrupter Flutter Mane and KOs back with Make it Rain. 68 Spe EVs we outspeed max speed Ursaluna (regular) and everything below that tier. Tera Dragon was the choice to secure the win against Ogerpon and to always live (unless they tera water or tera ghost) Last Respects (150 BP) into Aqua Jet from Basculegion-M.

:dragonite: Sweeper. Axis of this construction. Even tho the build looks simple this is what makes it so powerful, since jolly max speed Dnite is so rare it can creates his own setup opportunities with High Speed, Tera Fire and Encore, unlike Tera Flying set that are the ones that normally runs Encore, this one doesnt need to tera to be a threat thanks to Dragon + Fire coverage, the only thing in the current metagame that resists both is Azumarill which is not as common anymore. 252 Spe EVs and Jolly nature allows Dragonite to outspeed max speed Pokémon like Chien-Pao, Iron Bundle and Dragapult. Tera Fire was the pick here cuz it boosts fire punch, makes Dragonite inmune to burn and cuz it can beat most steel types that our teams lures in, unlike the other common Dice Dnite set (steel).

:ogerpon-wellspring: Pseudo AV frame and Cycle Destroyer. 12 HP and 108 SpDef EVs allows Oger to always live Tera Normal Bloodmoon into Vacuum Wave from Ursaluna when Ogerpon activates Embody Aspect and 132 Atk EVs with Adamant Nature makes it so Tera Water Ivy Cudgel always 2HKOs max HP Ursaluna even thru Tera Normal. The attack invesment are also there to ensure Ogerpon 1HKOs 4 Def EVs Basculegion-M and 4 Def EVs Iron Bundle with Horn Leech every single time, 1HKOs 4 Def EVs Chien-Pao 15/16 of the time with Tera Water Ivy Cudgel and 1HKOs Max HP un-tera Ursaluna-Bloodmoon. Other cool things this Ogerpon lives is the Moonblast from Modest Specs Flutter Mane without Embody Aspect, and with Embody Aspect active this can setup a Sub in front of offensive Heatran and Earth Power wont break the Sub. Max speed is the choice here to setup a Substitute even in front of the fastest Gliscor.

:chien-pao: Wall-breaker/Cleaner. Another Cycle Destroyer, Landorus-Therian "answer". Fully invested Adamant Never-Melt Ice Ice Shard 1HKOs Scarf Landorus-T even thru Intimidate, this was one of the reasons why this set was selected instead of Lum Berry, we didnt choose Life-Orb cuz the other reason was that with 12 HP and 116 Def EVs this Pokémon lives the combination of Play Rough into Shadow Sneak from Life-Orb Mimikyu after Tera. 124 Spe EVs we outspeed everything covering Garchomp speed tier. This spread is courtesy of our good friend Kiby. Tera Electric is the estandar, insane synergy with ice type attacks and decent defensively.

Shoutouts to all the homies in the BSS Discord and the goats from The Kitchen, special thanks to BNBN for the feedback and TheDarknessMadeFlesh for making the rental for me. Best of lucks to everyone playing in the last day and in the upcoming season, have fun! :blobnom:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)