Resource SV Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/06858c1d569871c7
Code: 6G56KN

IMG_4856.jpg

Series 1 is basically over but I managed to get Master Ball team with this squad so I decided to still share it anyway as it features Scovillain which is hardly a super meta pick. After having lots of fun with Torkoal/Charizard in Gen 8, I wanted to see if I could finally make an original foray into BSS and take a stab making a sun team of my own work in Gen 9 before Paradoxes flood the joint. Out of all the options Scovillain is the one that caught my attention cause it's the the Fire/Grass type we've long awaited that not only gets faster in Sun but gets STAB on Fire moves to boot. But since it's so squishy and its STAB gets walled by Dragon and Fire, it's not something you can just easy coast with. And as you'd expect it took a lot of adjusting to get the squad to a Masterball worthy form. This is here: https://pokepast.es/f3a42a970f8e9c8d is actually the first version of the team that I tried to make a 2 day push to Masterball with at the end of the season but fell short.

That push did give me all the major insight I needed though. With a Heat Rock Torkoal keeping Sun up for a while and a Scovillain using Growth, STAB, and Ground Tera to get past Fire types, the rest of the squad needed to be geared towards helping me combat the omnipresent Dragons and annoying stall/degen mons. I think probably the biggest adjustments I made were replacing Mimikyu with Corviknight and changing Garchomp from SD+Sub with a Lum to Tera Blast+Rocks with a Sash. On the first time Garchomp was super hit or miss and often didn't get to find a spot. But with Sash and Tera Blast, it became an incredible lead to give me hazards if Torkoal was a no go and between Sash and Tera Fairy, it often could stick around a lot longer than you'd expect. It especially put in huge work when the enemy would bring in multiple Dragon pseudos as its speed tier meant it got the jump on all of them besides Dragapult and Fairy Tera often let it pull the rug out from foes. The other big tech was replacing Mimikyu with Corviknight. Mimikyu was supposed to be my Dragon slayer but it just wasn't consistent at the job. I noticed a lot of the Dragons were physical tho so I gave Corviknight a go and it performed quite well! Gave the squad another win con Pokemon that many teams just lost on the spot to with its Bulk Up, Taunt, and Power Trip combo. It was especially satisfying completely clowning Garganacls. Between the bird and land shark my dragon trouble mostly shrunk down to just a well played Hydreigon that I wasn't positioned well vs or stinking Dragapult that can run anything in existence.

Past those, you have Rotom Wash and Annilape. Rotom Wash was the main all round scout and pivot of the squad using Scarf for speed control. I tried Modest Specs on the S2 version for a bit but had to swap back to Timid Scarf as not having anything immediately quicker than Gengar as well as getting outsped by max speed Dragapult just sucked. But ya Rotom mainly helped me get early pivots while getting chip damage, giving me a key Ground switch in, as well as combating non-Ground Water types. Rotom was especially a godsend against rain teams as the Volt Switch pressure often kept them on the backfoot and let me get my own sun set up to end game. The Fairy Tera on it is there to give me a last ditch Dragon answer if I run it with the Sun pair. It sucks that often falls short of one shots but it was better than nothing and I felt Rotom performed even better once I swapped Trick for Thunderbolt to give me an alternate bam button besides Hydro Miss. As for Annilape, his main jobs were stall breaking, being a pivot off Volt Switch, and being a sleep absorber. Didn't see too many Brelooms and the like but when I did the Ape was quite handy to shut that down. And with Leftovers you often could live long enough to get the Rage Fist stacked and remove a problem target.

All in all the game plan is usually try to use Rotom to set up the sun core for success or use a combination of Rotom and the other 3 mons to deal with whatever sun killers the enemy is packing. Garchomp often was the ideal lead especially as leading it ensured I wouldn't lose its sash too early to rocks. Team probably has further room for improvement too as I feel if Scovillain had Tera Rock, Dragon, or Fairy it would be easier to go sun mode into Dragon spam teams or teams packing Volcarona/Skeledirge. Regardless felt good to be able to get Masterball with this. Especially as Scovillain in Sun is rather underexplored.

season2_1.jpg
season2_3.jpg
season2_2.jpg

Pokepast link: https://pokepast.es/2a609a0cb9fb0e72

Series 1 is over but I managed to get to rank 8879 with this squad so I decided to still share it as it features Tsareena which is hardly a meta pick and calm mind baton pass umbreon which specifically build to shut down Espathra and nasty plot/quiver dance Hydreigon/Volcarona. The reason I want to fit Tsareena into this team is because she is one of my fav mons, and that's it. Originally, I gave Tsareena Choice scarf as a niche lead to shut down non-scarf meowscarada, lead rotom-wash and palafin.And I easily made Master Ball Tier with 25-8 W-L. However, within Master Ball Tier, there are increasinngly more ppl expecting scarf Tsareena and they immediately switch out their Meowscarada, Rotom-Wash or Palafin. Thus, I then decided to change up the EV and gave my Tsareena assault vest so that she's more flexible. With 252 HP IV investment and an adamant nature, Tsareena can take a banded Tera-Water Floatzel's Wave Crash in rain and revenge kill it with Power Whip. The ability to switch moves instead of locking to only one move also makes Tsareena a niche sweeper with high BP moves like high jump kick, tera-fairy play rough especially when you predict a switch successfully (for example rotom-wash lead into kingambit/hydreigon and I predict they switch so I click high jump kick).

Besides Tsareena, Quaquaval is my stall breaker member. Quaquaval with this set shuts down passive folks and let it set up against most stealth rockers. Umbreon is my espathra check and after 3-4 calm mind, I baton pass to Skelidirge to get easy win over Espathra as Skelidirge's ability, unaware ignores Espathra's boosts and can take max boosted stored power with ease after +3/+4 SpD boost.

The top three mons in usage during my ladder are Skelidirge, Donphan and Salamence. Skelidirge with tera-fairy can check every form of Dragonite (including fire spin, encore), and almost every single physical attacker and is the MVP of this team. Donphan is a secretly op lead that wins against most other lead with ice shard and knock off. And because Skelidirge easily check dragonite, stealth rock is not as important. Salamence with life orb hits extremely hard and functions as the heavy hitter within this team. Tera-water Hydro Pump OHKO skelidirge and Garganacl. Tera-water also negates Dondozo's avalanche damage and can 2HKO Dondozo with two draco meteor. Life orb also works better than Specs for me because it allows you to significantly punish enemy's switch if you make a correct prediction.

Overall a very fun team to use, the biggest surprise on this team is Donphan as so many times, I used knock off-ice shard to 2HKO many Dragapult/Gengar lead and wins the knock off battle against ballon encore Tinkaton with better defense stats and rocky helmet.

:Florges:
Florges @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Flower Veil
Level: 50
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Chilling Water
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind

Florges seemed kinda underwhelming until I found out you can do grass tera to use the ability. It's still lacking phys. Def, but so are lots of good mons. Grass tera powers up Giga Drain, voids status, and even prevents stat drops(those that aren't prevented by Cloak. Cloak is for Garganacl ofc.) SpA is maximized, but w/ a Calm nature to use the much higger base SpD. Chilling Water could, and probably should be Synthesis(I found out I can never take Infestation Pex w/ anything.) Fails vs. Skeledirge, but many other special things must beware. Also definitely a mon I like.

:Flutter Mane:
Flutter Mane @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 84 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Charge Beam
- Mystical Fire

Spe for Jolly non-scarf Meowscarada. Even SpD, odd HP, and max SpA. I decided AV for w/e reason, seeoms ok since this is geared towards 4 attacks anyway. I don't have anything against Booster Energy, but I like the bulk. This is good against Skeledirge which I really need. Lot of move options, aside from the necessary STABs, but I picked Charge Beam over T-bolt for when I need just some chip and can nab a boost, and it does enough to Pelipper I think(do people even do rain in S2?) Power Gem hits Vlocarona and Iron Moth, both of which terrorize me at times. No Mystical Fire seems ok, I have no recoevry to really wall special attackers w/, and Alomomola has some fire coverage(sometimes.)

:Alomomola:
Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Tera Blast
- Healing Wish
- Mirror Coat

4 Atk actually does something crucial, but I forgot what. Spe for uninvested Dirge, and fire tera partly to take their Wisps. Def is maximized w/ minimial HP because Alomomola has huge base HP already, but is still more physically defensive by a lot. The SPD seems to do enough, I can mirror coat lots of stuff. Tera Blast is probably skippable even though I stand by Fire tera, I'm not sure what Scizor really does to this, and Play Rough is a great move. I like Alomomola a lot, and I wanted to try a Healing Wish one(my old was AV.) It's not used all that much, but it can give a mon a completely fresh start.

:Braviary:
Braviary @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Bulk Up

Spe for 4 Spe Annihilape, max Atk, and the rest in bulk. I trained this a long time ago, but had been using Bombirdier for a long time until recently(about the start of S2.) This is here now for Kingambit mainly, Bombirdier doesn't really hurt it. But this has CC, and still a crazy Brave Bird(in fact it's stronger.) Rock Slide is kinda random. I used to use it w/ Sheer Force, but I like Defiant now for reasons I forgot. I may use Iron Head, although I don't tera this much. Steel tera is still sometimes used for taking rock and ice moves.

:Drifblim:
Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 236 Def / 92 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Clear Smog
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

Drifblim is one of my favorites, and I think I found a really good EV spread for this meta. Outspeeds +1 Maushold/Scream Tail at +2, as well as max base 70s. The rest in bulk, always taking Meowscarada's non-band Knock Off, and almost always taking Gholdengo's unboosted Shadow Ball. I don't think I'd benefit from HP, though I didn't really check since there's the disparity between HP and defenses w/ Drifblim too. I chose this Drifblim largely to counter the mirror, w/ Clear Smog. Dark tera also takes the mirror's shadow ball if it even has that, it also has applications vs. stuff like Espathra, Roaring Moon, and Kingambit. Strength Sap is an amazing move, I used to use this w/ grassy seed and a Strength Sap Arboliva. This has been pretty good, I've taken some things w/ Destiny Bond, too.

:Forretress:
Forretress @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Ice Spinner
- Earthquake
- Pin Missile

I've been pretty pleased w/ Forretress. Originally I put it for Espathra(sub still dies.) But it does a lot more, for instance it decimates Meowscarada. Loaded dice really helps, for instance 5 hits of Rock Blast can get a rotom-h switch-in. It does a bit to DNite, and opens it up for an Ice Spinner. 4 hits of Pin Missile will get Hydreigon(5 hits does it for bulky,) and I can hit it either on the switch or w/ tera to take Flamethrower. Tera Dark was originally also for Espathra, it's been pretty useful despite dark not really being good defensively anymore, as it takes dark, ghost, and nothing from psychic. Overcoat hasn't regularly been useful, and I may prefer Sturdy, but it does stop Brute Bonnet easily, so I'll wait to see if they become common. EQ was put when I realized I had nothing for Magnezone, it also gets Iron Moth switch-ins, as well as being good coverage. This is a good mon vs. the very threatening Baxcalibur too. EVs mostly just maximize HP and Atk, w/ an odd HP and 12 SpD to take 2 unboosted Fire Blasts from Pult(more often.)

I'm doing way better than before, though ofc w/ far fewer games as it's early, but still not what I'd like at all. I chose wrong so many time it seems like, even times I brought the right mons. So it seems like the team is fine and I just have to be more careful.

Haven't seen many people posting series 2 teams so I figured I'd show the team that I used to climb back to MB tier. It's extremely standard but I'll explain my thought process for each mon.

BSSTeam.PNG

:Roaring Moon:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Ever since I saw that paradox mons were going to be legal in series 2 the mon I was most excited to use was Roaring Moon. I decided to go with the extremely common tera-flying booster set since I felt that it was the most threatening one. After climbing with this team though I do have some second thoughts. The prevalence of both dozo and defensive rotom-w in the current meta combined with the many good priority mons such as Dnite, Breloom, and some forms of Bax make it rather difficult to sweep with this mon. All this said it still is a great revenge killer and late game cleanup mon with the added bonus of being naturally faster than unboosted Valliant.

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock

Not a ton to say about Flutter Mane aside from the fact that this mon is broken. It is effectively my Garg check as tera fairy moonblast does 63-74% to max spdef sets and 85-100% to physdef variants. It also easily 2hkos calm Skeledirge if it decides to tera fairy at any point while only taking 30-35% from unboosted torch song. Base 135 speed also allows it to outspeed almost every prevalent mon besides Bundle and Dragapult even including adamant +1 Dragonite which is unable to hit you with espeed. I put psyshock on here as it does 88-104% to clod which you can quite easily catch on switch-in.

:Skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 4 Atk
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Slack Off

Dirge has become one of my favorite mons in this meta as it essentially functions as a get out of jail free card against a number of common setup sweepers. This is the team's main volc answer as the tera grass set could pose a sizable threat to the rest of the team after a single quiver. The gameplan is pretty simple, wisp the physical attackers and tera fairy if you ever feel like becoming Clefable.

:Garganacl:
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Back in season 1 this Garg set practically carried me into MB tier alone since up until rank 9 or so nobody even knew what Garg did. At this point everyone is all too familiar with what Garg does, but it still does it just as well. I made it tera flying to counter the ever-growing epidemic of fissure Dozo. This Garg is annoyed by covert cloak Gholdengo ,but the rest of the team deals with it pretty well so it's not a huge problem.

:Rotom-Wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 6 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Phsydef Rotom-Wash has kind of surprised me with how great it is in the current meta. The more common sets I have seen are scarf and specs sets which are still good but the amount of times this Rotom set won me games shocked me. Even uninvested, hydro and volt switch hit Garg and Dozo for good amounts respectively. I have waffled between tera steel and ghost on this set as there are benefits to each, but for now I decided on ghost to give Rotom 3 immunities instead of one. Iapapa Berry activates more than you may expect, but I could definitely be swayed to switch it to either sitrus or covert cloak instead.

:Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Finally I chose Kingambit to round out the team as I noticed the team was completely void of priority. In the first draft of this team I actually had tera normal Dnite in this slot but quickly realized in testing that Flutter Mane smoked my entire team. There are many great defensive tera options on Kingambit but I figured I had enough defensive teras on the team already and just wanted the power that tera dark provides. The speed EVs allow Kingambit to outspeed any Skeledirge running less than 8 speed EVs.

Notable Threats -
:Meowscarada:
Scarf meow outspeeds the entire team and is quite threatening if you don't tera flying with Garg. Flutter Mane does have a ~50% chance to survive jolly scarf knock off so if you feel like playing the lottery that is a possible way of dealing with it. Banded meow is definitely still a threat but both Roaring Moon and Flutter Mane do a relatively good job of revenge killing it.

Flutter just hits absurdly hard with specs and is naturally faster than every mon on the team aside from your own Flutter Mane. Kingambit can scare out Flutter pretty easy and Skeledirge can dissuade the Flutter from locking in to moonblast, but both can get worn down quite quickly if the opponent predicts correctly.

:Dragapult:
Unsurprisingly the best mon in the tier can also cause this team some problems. Specifically, I ran into a tera fire DD set on the ladder which caught me trying to wisp it with Rotom and then promptly swept as it got a free turn of setup. Special Pult is less of a threat as Garg resists it's ghost stab and can recover forever on draco. Sub disable sets can cause an issue as well since no mon on this team is fast enough to stop Pult from subbing every turn.

Overall this team has been great for me so far, but as we are only a few days into the series 2 meta I can't definitively say that it will age well. Hope anyone that tries it out has as good of a time using it as I did.

Hey all, made it to masterball today so I thought I would share my team.

I will preface this by saying I went about 9-14 with a gimmicky torkoal scovillain protosynthesis team which I was sad to abandon but I had to get serious.

2023020516511100-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

2023020517074700-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Really the core is phazechomp/blissey/corviknight, which walls a good amount on its own.

The gholdengo is for garganacl specifically because I was having issues against it with the main core.

I needed two strong fast pokemon for when stuff goes south or I see a substitute strat, so I chose infiltrator choice band dragapult and focus sash fluttermane. Flutter just wins by default vs a lot of slower stuff, but you have to watch out for stuff that cheeses sash.

Team went 5-0 to make it to master I believe. Blissey is very strong vs the paradox special mons, psyshock fluttermane doesn't quite cut it and iron bundle can't really touch it, but you have to play around encore.

Thanks for reading!

Chris32156

The White Larry Bird
is a Tiering Contributor
1675713293703.png

https://pokepast.es/f295552c97ef34b7

Slow Cyclizar Gimmick team I made on a whim, Bad Mu vs bundle and dragon dance abusers but it's fun to use on ladder and prob at least a decent mu fish. First time building bss or even singles as a whole, was a pretty fun expirence. Figured I'd post the team here bc there isn't too many series 2 teams yet.

Simple example of how the team works

Attachments

Howdy yall! Season 3 is upon us and with this season they introduced paradox pokemon! Since the first night I been running a rain team, and staying around the 10k-20k range, depending on RNG and fortuitous or cursed opening play and terra type upsets. Been running into a lot of dragonite, a lot of sashed valiants, a lot of attempted brute bonnets. Ill have to say scream tail as a baton passer is a threat. My core started with the idea that life orb bundle(so glad this birb is a competitive thing now! I’ve loved delibird long and tough, but never thought I’d see the day the cybernetic ghost of Christmas past would make its way into the comp scene) paired with dolphinman as the Japanese call him and chinbirb as I call him would make a pretty dominant core. And then I saw the counters. Dragonite gives that core fits through and through. So I switched the band off my palafin, going for max sp Def, def and attack split with an adamant. With one bulk up, under rain, you basically still got a choice banded palafin-hero, but now it can do like, other stuff, such as not get choice locked. I decided to run chilling water, quick attack, hurricane and roost. How many times have I one shotted something just to have the sash go off, and with last pokemon at 1hp been killed? How many grains of sand are there in the sea? Quick attack on chinbirb lets me break this generational curse. Chilling water is just crazy good utility. With a lot of alternates, it dawned on me that this format is really decided first round, by your openings and your choices. So I decided to run a sun team and a rain team at the same time. Sure, you can deal with a palafin rain team right? But do you have answers for a sun team as well? If so please dm so I can steal your secrets ^^;; anyways, heres the team, first night’s rank, current rank, pokepaste, and rental code. I hope to see you all on the high ladder ^_^;;

POKEPASTE: https://pokepast.es/80ab8d645c9b6772

CURRENT RANK:
homerank.jpg

cart rank.jpg

RENTAL CODE:
20230206_130228.jpg

Pelipper (F) @ Damp Rock

Ability: Drizzle

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Bold Nature

- Chilling Water

- Quick Attack

- Roost

- Hurricane

Rain setter. Hurricane if you can on iron valiant, most of the time you’ll get lucky and it wont oneshot you with thunderbolt ^.^;; important, if you see breloom in the que, know, beyond a doubt that they will lead with that. Lead with pelipper, terra grass on turn one and retaliate their useless spore, then take their mach punch for your quick attack. Yourwelcome ^^

Palafin-Hero @ Leftovers

Ability: Zero to Hero

Tera Type: Water

EVs: 126 Atk / 126 Def / 252 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Drain Punch

- Jet Punch

- Wave Crash

- Bulk Up

Dolphin man! I love this guy =] one of the hardest hits in the game. Water terra wave crash under the rain one shots so many people its not even funny. With this kit, you actually have a little survivability vs dragonite. Of note, if you happen to see iron bundle and your already hero form, at full health you can take a freeze dry, drain punch most of your lost hp back, then follow up with a jet punch to secure the ko. Unless it has specs. Then im sorry.

Iron Bundle @ Life Orb

Ability: Quark Drive

Tera Type: Ice

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Blizzard

- Hydro Pump

- Taunt

- Freeze-Dry

Never played with this guy until Season 3 dropped. My jaw dropped when I one shotted a dragonite through marvel scale. I brought this up in our chat, and after running the damage calcs realized it wasn’t an anomaly. Seriously beastly. Hydropump in the rain go brrrrrrrrrr. Terra ice for opposing robot birb match ups.

Great Tusk @ Assault Vest

Tera Type: Fighting

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Ice Spinner

- Knock Off

For the sun part of the team. Under sun, when you terra, it shrugs off opposing iron bundle’s hydropump like so much dander and dust clinging to a pachaderm under the primordial sun. not a thought in its head as it close combats the robot bird back into the future. Great utility, beefy, and saves the day more often then not.

Torkoal @ Heat Rock

Ability: Drought

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Bold Nature

- Overheat

- Yawn

- Stealth Rock

- Body Press

Love the utility of this. Really cuts through the sash in a way that the rain side of this team does not. Body press to catch them baxcalibur and kingambit offguard ^.^

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Moonblast

- Shadow Ball

- Psyshock

- Mystical Fire

One of the biggest hits in the game. Under sun, with specs, your spec attack is like what, in the 700s? even not very effective hits on goldengo and scizor are capable of finishing the job once chip damage is in play. Dinosaur fairy ghost go brrrrrrr

So the psychology as I said in the game is faking out your opponent. I study the matchup in the 59 seconds you get to choose intently and try to take what I think they are gonna do and outpredict. If I don’t see dragonite, ill go with the rain side of the team. If I see dragonite, and anti water pokemon like clodsire and gastrodon ill run honorable volcano turtle and his friends.

Well, that’s the team im spamming right now. I got in 700+ battles for season 2, so im hoping to get a lot more games in this season and see myself plummet to 150k on the ranked ladder in cartridge then claw my way back to the top. Seriously enjoying this game, I can wait for the adding of the Chinese legends to BSS somewhere down the line, and the intergration of home, and just so many metas are coming our way and im enjoying them all. Goodluck all =]!

Last edited:
heyo doubles player here
trying out 3v3 singles for the first time

I wanted to use ceruledge (because I used armarouge in doubles alot and it looks super cool), so I gathered all the mons that were used as partners for it from the HOME app and conjured these 6
reached triple digits with it for the first time ever twice
...then proceeded to tank hella hard into six digit hell after so many communication errors and unfortunate losses

heres the team if anyone wants to try it out
Overall the team is pretty fun to use and my goals have been met for this month
hopefully next time I can maintain top 1000
Fp_ZoHvaEAAEjHM.jpg
FobUbKRaYAAjzp3.jpg
Fp_a3o1aUAAO-n7.jpg

2023022809274600-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Paste: https://pokepast.es/addc0c4803b7af42
Rental code: P7QRVK

Wanted to share my BSS team for this month. I struggled pretty hard to adapt to the Paradox meta. At one point I dropped down to 80k+, but was able to climb my way back to around 10k after making a few adjustments to settle on this iteration. Currently sitting around 9.2k with a 128W/104L record, but I do not think I will try to ladder further before the season ends. Would have liked to place higher but at the very least, I am happy I was able to build a team where I can flex my Shiny and Marked Iron Bundle and Iron Valiant.

Notes:
The team has a strong matchup against most versions of Dragonite with a combination of Baxcalibur and Rotom-Wash. However I did struggle against Hippowdon + Roaring Moon set-ups as well as teams that overload on Special Attackers like Flutter Mane + Iron Moth combo since they can wear down Baxcalibur. Tera Fairy Specs Flutter Mane can also be problematic especially if it's kept in the back.

Baxcalibur:
This is a standard set that you will encounter all the time on ladder, but I prefer to invest a bit in speed compared to the usual 252 HP / 252 Atk spread. Really strong when it feels like you are using two items (Assault Vest + Loading Dice).

Gholdengo:
I do not bring this very often unless the opponent has Garganacl. Sometimes I am forced to bring this when I see Breloom as well. Covert Cloak also makes this a strong option against lead Espathra. The spread has enough speed to outrun Adamant Breloom, but a bulkier spread might have been better. You need to be careful about getting forced into Tera Flying from Garganacl and Dondozo since these teams usually bring something to punish this. Gholdengo is really the only good switch-in against Salt Cure so it is important to try and preserve it. It also helps to beat Stall teams, but you need to watch out for Amnesia Clodsire.

Iron Bundle:
Encore + Substitute is a fun combo that can win games and matchups that otherwise would be loses. I like the staying power that Leftovers offers, but Booster Energy is viable as well and I did use it to decent success earlier in the month. Substitute is great for scouting opposing Tera types. I choose Tera Ice because I do not trust Hydro Pump that much, but Water is probably better. Consider bringing it against Stall teams.

Volcarona:
Volcarona is a little difficult to use in this meta, but it gives me a switch-in vs. Scizor and in general can punish opponents that try a fast U-turn to break Iron Valiant's Focus Sash. Against more bulky offense teams, you might need a Burn or Knock Off against an opposing Assault Vest user in order to successfully set-up and sweep.

Rotom-Wash:
This is a good Physical cushion that performs well against Dragonite and Baxcalibur. Hopefully you are able to hit your WoWs and Hydro Pumps when you need to. Against Garchomp, you have to be wary of Lum Berry / Tera Fire so consider bringing Iron Bundle as well. It is usually a solid choice against bulky offense teams.

Iron Valiant:
This is a really strong and reliable lead. Against opposing Flutter Mane leads, you usually go with Knock Off + Shadow Sneak. I often bring this against Palafin teams since they usually bring a common core of Palafin + Magnezone + Umbreon. I think this became a really common set in the last two weeks of the month and people no longer expect Destiny Bond sets. Spirit Break is probably the weakest move and it is could be worth experimenting with other Support moves like Taunt, Thunder Wave, Encore etc.

I would appreciate any feedback and tips on how to improve.

FqIogQMakAAmOKl.jpeg

FqIoNRCaIAAKP63.jpeg

Managed to get Cetitan to top 10K in Season 3 using exclusively this team.

The Team:
Fatty (Cetitan) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tera Blast
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Belly Drum
Slush Rush Cetitan. Belly Drum is necessary as Cetitan isn't the strongest pokemon without it. I went Tera Electric for type coverage, but it is also a surprisingly good defensive type, mostly resisting Steel (Gholdengo, Magnezone, Scizor), but also excellent because it is immune to paralysis, which is important to maintain the outspeed with Slush Rush and can waste a turn for the opponent, allowing for a free belly drum. Electric also helps you dent Iron Bundle and deal as much damage as possible to Dondozo (which, sadly, still isn't much). With Ice Type and hail up Cetitan is surprisingly physically bulky even after Belly Drumming down to Sitrus Berry, especially if Abomasnow gets an Aurora Veil up. Notably if you don't tera you have a good matchup against Baxcalibur. I actually wanted to use Cetitan because I ended up hunting a maximum size Cetitan (Cetitan the Great), which you will have access to if you use the rental code!

Freezie (Abomasnow) (M) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
When it isn't just getting Mystical Fired to death by a certain pokemon, Abomasnow can be quite a beast. Some teams are very unprepared for it, and it can dent teams well. The main draw is that you can Energy Ball Dondozo, and 2HKO DD Baxcalibur with Blizzard after setting up an aurora veil. You can also chunk Magnezone with Earth Power, OHKO Iron Moth leads with Tera(so you survive) Earth Power, and Tera Ground on Rotom-Wash's volt switch and kill it with energy ball. Tera Ground is also important to chunk Skeledirge. Abomasnow has Icy Rock because it is necessary to support Cetitan. Speed EVs are for Corviknight and the Skeledirges who may try to speed creep it.

Meanie (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
Least brought member of the team, usually comes out when I see Espathra because Tera Fairy has dwindled in number and I can set up a DD on a possible protect to outspeed it even more. The EVs are to reach as much attack as possible while being Protosynthesis Speed. Iron Head for Valiant and Flutter Mane. Not sure Dragon Tera is optimal, but it does hit very hard.

Techie (Iron Moth) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Fiery Dance
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Wave
An absolute heavy hitter of a mon. I try to lead this into Flutter Mane (which my team is weak to) and one-shot with specs Overheat. I have to tera fire because of Psyshock. Specs, Tera Fire overheat 2 shots Dondozo. Fiery Dance is a very dangerous move, especially with Tera Fire, because of the boosting potential. Energy Ball is for Dondozo and Garganacl. Not sure Sludge Wave is absolutely necessary over Dazzling Gleam, but it is nice for Grimmsnarl.

Happy (Iron Bundle) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 27 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
Brainless 4 attack moveset because I wanted to use Blizzard but I also wanted to be able to have a reliable move stronger than Freeze-Dry outside of Hail. I admit, sometimes I do regret not having Encore. Tera Water is nice for this calc: 252 SpA Life Orb Tera Water Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 190-226 (107.3 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO, because Scizor will go Random Tera on Iron Moth. Otherwise a very nice mon not only for Water Coverage but also because 114 base defense and Ice Typing makes it decently physically bulky in Hail. Also love having a second special mon to hit Dondozo with if I don't end up bringing either Abomasnow or Moth, because Dondozo is everywhere and hard stops Cetitan and Dragonite. 27 HP IVs are to hit the Life Orb HP number of 129, which is a lot nicer than the standard 131 because it allows you to lose 1 Less HP per life orb hit at the cost of only two max HP. This means that, after two life orb hits, the bulk is made up for, and after more, the bulk increases. Unfortunately, because I hunted for 27 HP EVs the legit way, Bundle does not have 0 Attack EVs (but it almost never matters).

CPR (Dragonite) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Spinner
- Earthquake
Ok, I've learned thanks to Flutter Mane and Valiant that Tera Fighting is NOT optimal, and if I were to make a big change for next season it would be Dragonite's Tera Typing (maybe Ice or Ground, IDK). However, Ice+Ground coverage is pretty insane and surprises a lot of mons. Low Kick can oneshot Bax if you Tera LMAO. I originally conceived this as a way to deal with enemy extremekiller Dragonite but I think I might need to go bulky spread if I want it to work better because Choice Band HURTS. However I kept the speed because I can outspeed Breloom and if I bait a mach punch it's curtains for Breloom because of Ice Spinner. Also outspeeding Dragapult at +1 is really nice. Fighting Tera Type does have its advantage vs. Kingambit, and if they Tera Flying you can just Ice Spinner them afterwards.

Last edited:
:Hatterene: :Alomomola: :Drifblim: :Bellibolt: :Annihilape: :Grimmsnarl:

Hatterene @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Def / 4 SpA / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Giga Drain
- Nuzzle

Put here to reflect status type stuff, namely Yawn. Spe for 30s, I changed the SpD EVs for some Def cause I fainted to crit unboosted DNite Tera Flying Tera Blast. Idk item, had Cloak but Bellibolt wasn't particularly needing helmet, and sticks around better to stay alive as the Garg answer. Hatterene meanwhile still does great, but HAS to come in on certain stuff unlike Bellibolt, and may not get a chance to switch out to stay alive for a Garg in the 3rd slot. Giga Drain was partly for when this was Cloak, I'm not sure how important it really is, though I like the move. Healing Wish may be odd, but it can help and I just wanted to use it. Nuzzle is great. Tera Flying is more for when this was for Garg also, to take Fissures(hopefully the 1st would miss cause I couldn't do it at 1st because if it's not Fissure the tera actually would hurt my match up.)

Alomomola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast

One of my favorites. EVs to creep Dirge, highest even SpD number w/ Adamant, Atk for something(212 gets standard Chi-Yu iirc, I forget what 220 does. However, soon the Chi-yu calc itself will matter,) and the rest in HP, except 4 leftover. AV helps by letting Mirror Coat reflect huge damage to the likes of Magnezone and Iron Bundle. Also there isn't that much for support moves. Play Rough used to do way more, but what Hydreigon and Roaring Moon I see tera right away on Alomomola, despite the fact I doubt most of them know what to expect. Fire tera for wisp and the grass resist. This mon's huge base HP really helps w/ fighting rain cause of the insane recoil they take,

Bellibolt @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Electromorphosis
EVs: 228 HP / 244 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Slack Off
- Volt Switch
- Muddy Water

Almost straight from the StratDex. Just put Muddy Water not Chilling cause...idk. Chilling works, it'd do better w/ MImikyu disguise cause no miss. This now has the cloak, which was explained. Grass tera for Spore immunity, comes in handy w/ rain(the Pelipper was parad, so no Hurricane.) I like this mon, but idk what t say since it's essentially stolen off the dex.

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Clear Smog
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

Another mon I really like, though I've used Alomomola more. EVs should take unboosted Knock Off from Meowscarada or unboosted Gholdengo Shadow Ball. Sitrus Berry to activate Unburden, that's when this really gets good imo. The speed then outspeeds up to +1 11s like Maushold, and +2 base 70s(as it outspeeds those unboosted when unboosted itself.) Dark tera(though I feel it maybe should be fairy) to resist ghost and dark. The psychic immunity has helped before. Strength Sap is an amazing move, maybe my favorite. Clear Smog isn't all that awkward w. it, as it's for SD or other times they outpace Sap drops. Destiny Bond has taken down lots of stuff, good w/ Unburden.

Annihilape @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Taunt
- Bulk Up

Again from strat dex. I wasn't doing great so needed a common mon, this is my favorite of them. Has soloed several teams even though I imagine it to have 0 surprise value. Defiant for Charm Flutter Mane, the reason this was put on in the 1st place. Fire Tera could change as I already will likely Taunt a wisp user, but it does take fairy. I could use more attack to ohko non-bulky Flutter w/ 100 BP Rage Fist, that's about all that could really change.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 44 Def / 44 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- False Surrender
- Taunt
- Stomping Tantrum
- Thunder Wave

Now this is a really odd one. Max HP, Atk for Clodsire to likely be ohkod by a buffed Stomping Tantrum(so if it switches in on T-Wave,) Spe for creeping Dirge again, and the rest randomly split between defenses. I don't know why I did that at all....this was partly/completely chosen cause I feared enemy Drifblim, w their more common set of Minimize. False Surrender will never miss though. Taunt also helps there. Stomping Tantrum is mainly for Clodsire, but gets electrics that think they're safe switching on T-wave(they aren't cause it buffs tantrum.) Weird set, main thing is priority T-Wave is good. Unsure of what item, but Blackglasses are plainly better than lo or Expert Belt on this set. Dark Tera to further that buff.

So I haven't played, until today, for a long time. The relative vagueness of some of these descriptions may reflect that, really I've forgotten how good or bad these mons have been in the past. But I wanted to share the team since it may change soon w/ ruins allowed, and I've finally started to do ok w/ only 2 losses more than wins, and one of those to a misclick at that. At worst I was like 30ish losses up, so this is a major improvement still.

My two Regualtion C Teams for the low elo ladder climb to master rank and ribbons

Edit: reviewing my notes showed that the other team was only alright when it was more physical heavy earlier in the month but with things being balanced out it got more Ls and bad match ups than expected. Will repost another team to be as good as this one.

Edit*: more clarification on other roles

Credits: StarkGod Theorymon Pearl (of BSS discord) DerpySuX Bachy for most of the good spreads I sniped

https://pokepast.es/9e4b7184c23a425b

Breakdown
:Arboliva: :Iron Hands: = Core

:Arboliva: Spdef wall/revenge killer
:Iron Hands: physical wall
:Chien-Pao: Cat is against physically weak teams/bait (almost never tera)
:Annihilape: rock setter for cycling
:Iron bundle: 2nd special attacker to check :Chi-Yu:
:Toxapex: against teams without steel types/phyiscal based

Standard Cycling (1st) :Annihilape: + :Arboliva: :Iron Hands:

Hit and run (1st) :Toxapex: + :Arboliva: :Iron Hands:

Baiting/ dispoable (1st) :Chien-Pao: / :Iron bundle: + :Arboliva: :Iron Hands:

Last edited:
:Salamence: :Drifblim: :Forretress: :Alomomola: :Farigiraf: :Annihilape:

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Breath
- Iron Defense
- Substitute
- Roost

This has been most interesting, can't hit fairies, or kinda electrics(para immunity,) but can be great vs. much else. EVs outpace neutral 252 Spe 70s, with odd HP. Steel reverses all the base weaknesses, and is weak to things base resists as a bonus. Basically any mence should be steel imo, unless maybe full offense but nvm. Dragon Breath is used to spread paralysis and have an attack, this is mainly so I can Iron Defence on a Dragonite so I can move before them next turn cause they might have Encore. Have beaten Scizor with this despite the attack's type. Won't para Garg, but can stall them out(have done at least twice, w/ more mons/HP left to win the timer.) Definitely a good leftovers user.

Alomomola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Here to stay, just liek Drifblim. EVs give the highest even SpD value for AV, odd HP, ohko Chi-yu and just gnerally do more than you'd think, and spe creep dirge. Fire tera was originally used for tera blast in part, but got rid of it for Aqua Jet, mainly for Chi-yu at a sash/weakened somehow. Can maybe bypass dark Pulse's flinch w/ 2 Aqua Jets, but haven't done so yet. Mirror Coat, to me, is the biggest draw. W/ AV can take some crazy hits, like +6 timid non boosting item Gholdengo is a roll w/ Shadow Ball. Great for Rotoms, Flutter, Iron Bundle, etc. Play Rough for some kind of coverage, mainly for dragons. Regenerator works great, w/ AV even more so. Some games I've sacced mons to bring Alomomola back to higher health.

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Clear Smog
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

Originally put for Clear Smog and dark tera, for the mirror. Doesn't neccesarily work out there cause sub, but does do great. EVs live Meowscarada Knock Off or Gholdengo Shadow Ball iirc, and can then trade or, w/ Gholdengo, maybe 2hko(faster after unburden.) Strength Sap is great for things like non-defiant Kingambit and Annihilape, and ofc healing. I don't bring this as much as most other mons, but have traded a lot w/ destiny bond. Dark tera helps w/ ghost, dark, and even the odd psychic move(Espathra may be tera fairy/fight w/ tera blast so this is mainly for Armarouge.) Clear Smog is great for SD mons, and sometimes even QDers if they don't ohko. I think it has a place even w/ strength sap.

Annihilape @ Covert Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Put this back again, to sorta absorb trick for one. Trick is a big issue for the rest(not that this is the biggest fan, but defiant is nice and it's a vey powerful mon.) Should be ok vs sleep, w/ sap sipper Farigiraf ad this taunting yawners, May go Overcoat Forretress if I need further help there. Defiant does clash w/ cloak cause moonblast, liquidation, etc. won't ever drop stats, but I need a Cloak mon, this can heal itself unlike Farigiraf, and Leftovers is taken. Usual moves and EVs, at least for one of the strat dex stes, and one of the recommended teras to...idk? Take fary in part, not too sure what all it's for tbh. Don't normally use Taunt but this is a great mon for it, somehow gets people by surprise even though I feel it's common.

Farigiraf @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Twin Beam
- Low Kick
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

This was put here for stuff like Cloyster and Glimmora, I think. Definitely for the Sap Sipper too, taking Spore and grass for Alomomola. Twisted Spoon is a bit random, but strengthens the strongest move. EVs take an attack from non-lo Chien-Pao iirc, to ohko back w/ Low Kick. Low Kick is also here cause it uses Sap's possible atk buffs, and the Quiet nature, even w/ sub, seems harmless on a base 60. T-Bolt for Corviknight, mainly. Sub is for Toxic stuff, can be good on a free turn from them Leech Seeding or w/e. Psychic tera goes w/ the item to deal very large, potentially sash-breaking, damage.

Forretress @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Tera Blast
- Ice Spinner

This was gone for a while, but a new electric one is here again for stuff like Wo-Chien and Azumarill. It ohkos Wo-Chien even w/ the 'low' 4 hit roll, though idk what EVs they were. Rock Blast, and then Ice Spinner, are partly for DNite, though Rock Blast gets much on the switch, as well as making loaded dice more worth it, EVs maximize atk and HP mainly, w/ 1 less for odd HP, and the SpD helps unboosted timid Pult Fire Blast to become a 3hko terad iirc. At least the chance, still not an attack I wall lol. This was originally put here for Espathra, but may need Gyro Ball for tera fairy ones. Sturdy for the 90%(accuracy) to ohko Chi-yu, and to take other fire. Biggest issue seems to be not using tera blast or Ice Spinner nearly as much, could maybe change either or both(and the tera type to water if changing Tera Blast.)

Still not doing great, idk that I will ever lol, but getting closer slowly to breaking even, and this is a very unique team to do even ok w/ I feel. Fairies and Iron Bundle can be trouble, much more so if they know/happen to play around Alomomola Mirror Coat. Screens and Parting Shot Grimm into Espathra got me bad, even if they hadn't tera fairied to further ruin Forretress' damage output. But that's rare. The other big issue tends to be rain, and Ting-Lu is probably just always a problem(well, unless running rain, though there's tera...)

https://pokepast.es/2b97057495b6c924

My two Regualtion C Teams for the low elo ladder climb to master rank and ribbons

Edit: reviewing my notes showed that the other team was only alright when it was more physical heavy earlier in the month but with things being balanced out it got more Ls and bad match ups than expected. Will repost another team to be as good as this one.

Edit*: more clarification on other roles
Hey, I just want to say thank you because I was kinda lazy this season in making a team, and this got me to Master. My record before I got off for today was 6-1. Surprisingly this team was easy to understand.
Credits: StarkGod Theorymon Pearl (of BSS discord) DerpySuX Bachy for most of the good spreads I sniped

https://pokepast.es/9e4b7184c23a425b

Breakdown
:Arboliva: :Iron Hands: = Core

:Arboliva: Spdef wall/revenge killer
:Iron Hands: physical wall
:Chien-Pao: Cat is against physically weak teams/bait (almost never tera)
:Annihilape: rock setter for cycling
:Iron bundle: 2nd special attacker to check :Chi-Yu:
:Toxapex: against teams without steel types/phyiscal based

Standard Cycling (1st) :Annihilape: + :Arboliva: :Iron Hands:

Hit and run (1st) :Toxapex: + :Arboliva: :Iron Hands:

Baiting/ dispoable (1st) :Chien-Pao: / :Iron bundle: + :Arboliva: :Iron Hands:

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello! Anyone willing to provide feedback on my team? I got to master rank no problem but since hitting masters I've been sadly losing more than winning. I'm thinking I'm going to have to change some Tera types here but that's only if I'm going to make a worthwhile long-term commitment.

Thanks in advance everyone!View attachment 511733
This place isn’t exactly for feedback, if you’d like someone to review your team, consider posting it in the Rate My Team forum or in the BSS Discord Server.

Additionally, it would be helpful to include a pokepaste with your team so people can look at the details of the sets.

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
My BSS WC team missed playoffs bc am bad so heres my world cup team dump. Practicality of these teams in a general setting will vary somewhat, especially the Regulation C teams.

SERIES 2
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

REGULATION C
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7

World Cup was a lot of fun. Hopefully we get to do this again next year. :)
added my week 7 team, though I did edit it to make iron moth the correct tera type (this cost me game 1 LOL)

GGs everyone :)

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since I hit the 2k elo club with this team last night, I'll share my Pawmot team! I'll make an RMT and Pokepaste for it tomorrow, today I gotta do stuff for the dex + add high ranking teams to the samples thread lol. If you want to know the more off kilter EVs: Scizor is the "Adamant survive Tera Ghost Mimikyu spread" on dex, and Scarf Flutter Mane is the "12 Speed EVs Modest" spread on dex.

S5Team.jpg

And just in case anyone wants to see, here was what the team achieved in the hide tags!

S5Ranking.jpg
S5rating.jpg

First season of Regulation C ended so I'm sharing the team I used the most on ladder. I spend most of my time on SD building teams not really playing till I have something solid, normally I go and jump into testing them in a few battles this team stuck with me even tho I know it has some big holes and I couldnt get any notable placements this season (due to not having enough time ima be honest) I had a lot of fun playing with this six.

This is my teamBlades & Waves

mycard.png

My goal was very simple build an straight forward face-to-face team that doesnt need to enter the rock paper scissors tera gamble while also using the core that I liked the most earlier this season; Double priority :Gallade: + Tera Flying :Dragonite: + Choice Band :Chien-pao:.

Some notes about ev spreads and set choices here:

:Azumarill: tera water and max atk to maximaze dmg output of jet in particular enough speed to speed creep 20 spe evs Wochien remaning evs put into HP since theres no defensive benchmarks I was considering with it. I choose belly drum while I was helping my buddy Kai for his wcup match since I felt that even tho was on the table people were heavily sleeping on it looking back I think it was the right call at the end this mon picked so many W's.

:Tinkaton: tera rock helped with booster iron moth in particular which was the only offensive fire type that neither azu or dnite could take advantage of. Lead booster was extremely dangerous with either speed or spa atk. With 204 speed evs jolly we speed creep jolly Baxcalibur which was the mon that forced us to add Tinkaton in the first place, 100 HP evs allows us to avoid a 2HKO from timid Flutter's mystical fire. Even tho at first this mon was selected in a tantrum later in practice became such a solid duo with Gallade in team preview making it hard for the opponent to pick the right lead.

:Gallade: tera grass helped to secure the win in the 1v1 against lead Breloom in both surviving bullet seed and absorbing spore. Feint was the tech that motivated me to build with Gallade in the first place (thank you for bringing that up Tmon!) was the right meta call imo destroying many of the more popular leads choices atm such as Chienpao, Ape, Breloom, Valiant, Tinglu, Flutter, Bundle, Baxcalibur and opposing Gallade lacking feint.

:Chien-Pao: at first Pao was tera dark maximazing wallbreaking potential and to elevate sucker punch since I was using many mons that eliminate dark resists band was the right call in retrospective but tera ghost was the best option after a long season playing the team struggled with dd/band ekiller dnite since bundle was incosistent at dealing with it and I was cutting tera with Pao rarely, tera ghost gave extra utility to our cleaner.

:Iron-Bundle: good ol bundle nothing beats it classic disrupter bundle as glue for the team (mainly a comfort pick ngl) evs are mainly there to live an unboosted sacred sword from chien pao without sacrifying much power or speed.

:Dragonite: From the begining I wanted to build with tera flying dnite like I said going with different approches from sharp beak 4 atks to dragon dance 3 atks but at the end dragon dance encore mono attacking was the build that gave me the most wins, we went full offense and JOLLY to not waste time against chien pao, encore bundle (without booster) and flutter mane. This mon played great mid-game opening many holes so that Azumarill or Chien-pao could close games with ease while also destroying teams solo. Undisputed king of Gen 9 BSS for a reason!

I wish I could give more insight but this wasnt a team I planned much, just put some pieces together and it felt great in practice. Since this an straight forward offense I feel like this could be an amazing sample team for newcomers to the format so please give it a try and dont be shy with the feedback im always happy to learn new things! Lets keep it going and give our best in the upcoming season! Good luck to everybody except those mfs that stay with chien pao fishing for icicle flinches and have fun!

THEM!
:blobnom:
Fu9OwSrX0AAB1VY (1).jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)