Resource SV Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar
OP adapted from DragonWhale's previous thread

Do you have a Battle Stadium Singles team that you want to share with the community? You came to the right place!

This thread will be where you can casually share the teams that you had success with on the Showdown or Switch ladder, without the need to make an entire RMT thread. Do keep in mind that this does not mean you can post ANY team; this thread also doubles as a resource thread for players to see potential teams to use. We reserve the right to delete any teams that does not appear polished or complete, so make sure your team is well tested.

To share a team in this thread, include the following in your post:
  • The Pokemon icons. You can easily put them putting the Pokemon names between colons ":" e.g. :pokemon:
  • A showdown paste
  • A brief description of your team. Anything unique/that isn't straightforward would be great to hear about.
  • A Switch rental code, if applicable, is greatly appreciated!
You're free to add anything else you want to your post to make it presentable the way you see fit.

Please do not post teams and explicitly ask questions on how to improve your team. If you want answers to your questions regarding your team, please ask in the Battle Stadium Discord or the Simple Questions thread. However, if you have questions/feedback on a team that has been posted by someone else, by all means please post your question/feedback. Please don't abuse this though, if the thread starts getting clogged up with with questions then your post may be deleted.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Archived teams from the previous thread, original posts can be found here. If you want to re-post or want a team removed from here, feel free to reach out and ask me.

:alomomola: :drifblim: :annihilape: :baxcalibur: :arboliva: :florges:
Omastar68's Drifblim BP Team
Team Paste

:toxtricity: :garganacl: :meowscarada: :maushold-four: :garchomp: :glimmora:
murdoc_will_feed's Boomburst Toxtricity Team
Team Paste

:meowscarada: :gholdengo: :dragonite: :skeledirge: :hydreigon: :annihilape:
Newbyflooby's Scarf Meowscarada Team
Team Paste
Rental Code: H359N0

:hydreigon: :sylveon: :breloom: :volcarona: :gholdengo: :dondozo:
Adrift's Curse Dondozo Team
Team Paste
Rental Code: RMPYWQ

:garganacl: :garchomp: :dragonite: :dondozo: :kingambit: :skeledirge:
Emvee's Bozo Destroyer Team
Team Paste

:gengar: :scizor: :meowscarada: :dondozo: :garganacl: :baxcalibur:
ochoagenalyn's Dondozo + Garganacl Team
Team Paste
Rental Code: TESWLY

Last edited:
Finally made it to masterball today. Was a bit of a grind but I was impatient and just wanted to play.

2022121320383600-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

2022121320451400-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Many improvements could probably be made. Weird tera types on breloom, rotom, and grimmsnarl were because I caught them in raids and didn't feel the need to grind shards before playing ranked.

Last edited:
:Alomomola: :Orthworm: :Appletun: :Skeledirge: :Braviary: :Mismagius:

Alomomola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast

The usual centerpiece. Totally wrecks Hydreigon w/ Play Rough and Volcarona w/ Liquidation. EVs are to ohko Chi-yu. That's ofc banned, I made this previously. But it gets something else w/ 220 vs 212 that I forgot. Spe to creep Dirge, rest mostly in SpD, w/ an odd SpD #. Mirror Coat is routinely great for stuff like Terad Hydreigon, Rotoms, and Gholdengo. Fire Tera Blast sees less use than the tera sees just for defensive value, but it gets Scizor.

Orthworm @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

This has seen me through a lot, strong Body Press. Earth Eater is amazing, w/ ground coverage/STAB dragons, and people don't all know about it(yet.) The other attacks kinda lack power though, as does the SpD. But this is very good w/ Meowscarada, easily my best there. Spe to creep Dirge, same as Alomomola. Not sure if more for Corv is warranted, I have survived at least 1 attack w/ 1 HP left, so there may be little wiggle room. Poison Tera per a suggestion to resist fighting. Psychic is a very minor type, and is resisted by base even. Ground, ofc, is an immunity.

Appletun @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpA
Modest Nature
- Apple Acid
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Iron Defense

My best answer to Rotoms and Breloom. Can go against dragons and Mimikyu w/ the tera. 20 SpA Modest...does something. Or perhaps it's just the most I can invest there and still live w/e I was calcing for. I try to preserve sets, but reasoning is too hard to keep track of. Helmet chip is great w/ Iron Defense, not much to explain, Ferro and Corv have done it. Apple Acid may not be Lumina Crash, but it's still very strong, and good for breaking Disguise. Dragon Pulse could be Draco Meteor, hard to say. This is also a good answer to the rare Armorouge and maybe more importantly Ceruledge. Thicck Fat is crazy, and can change a normal 4x ice weakness into a 2x resistnace w/ just a neutral ice tera.

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sleep Talk

My only concession to common junk, w/ spe for Corv. RestTalk is unusual w/ Slack Off access, but it's gotten me out of Toxic(haha) situations. Mainly it's for Hippo, and other yawners too. Really this mostly spams Torch Song after Wisp if applicable, I don't see too much need for Shadow Ball/Hex. Except I do lose the mirror no contest, that is troubling. But Hippo is more so to me, I spe creep Dirge w/ several mons, and Alomomola can tera fire to absorb Wisp. Water tera for Cloyster, mainly.

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 60 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Recent but pulling some weight on my team. I definitely needed to beat Gholdengo, probably Dirge, have Trick for Corv and stuff(though this gets T-bolt, so I need that aspect less perhaps...still good w/ scarf, and scarf is good for Pult and up to Scarf Ape,) and Levitate+damage for Dondozo(I can surprise Trick if I fear Yawn, which I do.) The main reason this is not Gengar is I always wanted to use Mismagius but she also lives more on the special side. Grass Knot helps make her unique, base 105 SpA grass knot beats base 130 SpA Energy Ball for Dondozo. And ofc Garganacl, nearly ohkod on a crit. EVs outspeed scarf Ape(not sure how common this is, but I struggled a bit w/ Annihilape in the past, 1 less point only ties,) live Gholdengo Timid Shadow Ball all the time, and the rest in SpA. Timid could be used, Mismagius is already starved for power, though(Since she's not Gengar.) Electric Tera to make T-bolt stronger but mainly for no weaknesses.

Braviary @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

This was actually here before Mismagius, but I mixed up the order of the team here. EVs for 4 Spe Annihilape, needed as Ape is far and away the main reason why this is here. It can switch in freely, just about, and ohko even if they get to +1 Def(Or apparently +2 w/o bulk.) +1 Drain Punch does not ohko. I don't really use this much besides for that, it's slow-ish and not bulky w/ the recoil and lo factored in. But Braviary does still have pretty good stats, even if LO is necessary(and only negated on Rock Slide.) Close Combat helps some w/ Kingambit, U-Turn is common on things that get it, and Rock Slide is lo-free coverage that's strong. Not sure about Sheer Force for just 1 move, compared to Defiant. Steel Tera for ice and rock weaknesses.

116:116. I play a lot and in recent times have finally started to stay even. It's not glamorous at all, but beats being below 100k place w/ 6-8 more L than W. The FWG core and Orthworm are far more established, I really like them. Kingambit and Sylveon can be pretty threatening, mainly Sylveon as it's essentially always gonna be tera fire which gets Orthworm. Meanwhile most Kingambit are outsped and OHKOd, and even +4 Sucker Punch isn't death. I've done an absurd # of tera raids, so I'm at somewhat of an advantage from having caught/being able to change the right tera types. Sadly that advantage just keeps me even lol, but I wanted to share this cause it's so unorthodox and shows there's room to get away w/ that and be fine. I've misplayed quite a bit, and probably some misclick, so there's that.

Ive reached Master Rank with this team:

1671303926359.png

Nothing special regarding EVs, what you see is what you can guess. In fact, Ive made 12-0 in a row using Dnite as starter, Meowscarade and Hydreigon mainly, sometimes covering with Gholdengo instead of any of the 2 scarfers. Only once Ive used Skeledirge and never used Palafin. Dnite is insanely good by itself. Code: H7HFMF

1671304030262.png

Guess I'll contribute.

2022121721534100-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Hit MB with this. If you enjoy fat stuff, try it. Just pick whatever your opponent has trouble with. Corvi+clod is stupid and will wall a huge chunk of cores by themselves. Flying regisalt to win the occasional fissure wars. Serene bliss for spdef drops (it matters), bold croc with enough speed to outpace corvi and normal coinbro for tricky plays whenever applicable. Pretty standard obesity.

The paste for SD sweats:
https://pokepast.es/192d5c2cda58ee75

Last edited:

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Been streaming my ranked battles on Twitch, peaked at around 13k so far, Master Ball Tier.

The team: P95NMB - :Salamence: :Garganacl: :Annihilape: :Dragonite: :Jolteon: :Breloom:

EVs are pretty standard/uniform: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe. Garganacl is 252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def. Salamence is a solid lead, especially with the Steel Terastallization. Lets me freely set up one Dragon Dance against Dragapult, Protean Meowscarada, and other Dragons (Garchomp, Hydreigon.) Annihilape and Garganacl are generally my cleanup, though they have some issues with Corviknight, Stamina Mudsdale (which I've only seen once), and Unaware Skeledirge.

Before experimenting with/settling on Salamence, I used Normal Tera Silk Scarf Dragonite (ESpeed/EQ/Fire Punch/Dragon Dance), but I felt it was an inferior option compared to Salamence & the resists that Steel gave me. Jolteon was included to deal with Dondozo, but I haven't had too many occasions to use it; Garganacl and Salt Cure's chip damage tend to be able to handle it well enough.

It didn't start this way, but I ended up with a team using all new Pokemon to get me to Master Ball. https://pokepast.es/dd1aa5d1df849ff8

Garganacl/Gholdengo/Baxcalibur/Meowscarada/Skeledirge/Dondozo

First off, I'm absolutely convinced that if you only brought Garganacl, Skeledirge, and Dondozo to every single match you could probably get to at least Ultra Ball without much brainpower. These 3 invalidate so many Pokemon and on their own can set up and sweep in the right circumstances.

I went through a couple iterations of this team, originally having Dragonite in Baxcalibur's spot, choice scarf on Meowscarada and Air Balloon on Gholdengo, etc, but this construct is what ultimately felt best. For Baxcalibur in particular, the match that put me into Master Ball started out with it vs a Garchomp lead. I DD'ed in its face while it switched to Corviknight and then hit it with a fire Tera Blast. It didn't one-shot but it put it in range for the KO next turn and Baxcalibur then just Icicle Speared Garchomp and Hydreigon to death.

Dondozo just sits on so much, especially when you can switch your resistances in a pinch. Early on a lot of people had no idea what it did, trying to set up on it just to do no damage. Even when Dondozo got tricked a choice item it put in work, especially in one instance where it stalled out a Skeledirge by just simply spamming Rest (thankfully it didn't have Hex and Shadow Ball only dropped Sp. Def once).

There wasn't any single match where I felt like I couldn't win, but I will say I was pretty unprepared for a lead Life Orb Arbolivia that pretty much swept me after Terastallizing into a Fire type.

Attachments

Here's the team I hit master ball with this season: https://pokepast.es/ddd9b5f9b4b3ae20

I'm pretty satisfied with it overall. Having a defensive dark type is great with so much ghost spam running around, and skeledirge can shut down entire teams if they aren't adequately prepared for it. Corviknight was the most variable among the whole team and the one I'd like to mess with the most. In general the Covert Cloak + Bulk Up set I think is really good as it more or less shuts down every physical attacker in the game and also easily beats pokemon like Garganacl and Clodsire. But I think the EV investment should have been a bit more evenly spread to help tank Rotom-W volt switches and stuff. I also think going for a different tera type could be good. Flying is helpful against Garganacl's Body Press and against Annihilape but that's the only time I've used it. I've considered tera dragon, tera water and tera poison as other options. Speaking of tera poison I was running that on tyranitar for a while but tera flying is just flat out better there.

Finally got to Master Ball tier today! A lot of trial and error with this team, but I eventually found a set-up that worked. Dragonite, Scizor, and Glimmora were the MVPs going up Poke Ball to Ultra Ball tier; went through a lot of Ls getting to Ultra Ball before replacing Dragonite with Palafin.

Some unorthodox item choices as you can see, but Safety Goggles on Palafin really came through against the ever-present Amoonguss in Ultra Ball. Choice Scarf on Glimmorra gave it a great option to become a late-game finisher.

Gyarados hardly saw much use and I really tried to make Meowscarada work but he really lacked in the bulk and attack power to serve more than just dead weight. Definitely open to moveset feedback.

Attachments

Took some feedback and made some adjustments on my team. Been scoring a lot more wins by using Palafin, Scizor, and Dragonite as my 3 core Pokémon. I think I'm at rank 30000 something now on singles. Still not sure what to do with Gyarados but he's there as a placeholder until I can find a better Pokémon to replace him (that or replace his Teratype).

FkpEZUbaYAEgYus.jpeg

Howdy guys, long time lurker and participant (does anyone remember the Sneak 4 tournament ^_^;;?). I literally grew up playing this game, and I was beyond stoked that this new version is here. The adventure itself was epic in scope and practice, I didn’t read any walkthroughs and ended up after walking up a sky bridge after fighting the bug gym leader facing lvl 40 pokemon my second badge in. with that being said, this seasons battle stadium singles has been epic. It was a scramble to figure out the meta, but I believe I am approaching the point where I atleast comprehend what is going on. My current tally is 412 battles, 209 wins, 203 losses. From pokeball rank all the way up to masterball rank, it was a walk in the park. At one point I was 35 wins / 23 losses and ranked 3135, which is probably the highest rank I’ve ever climbed. Throughout my journey I did some foolhardy stuff like hard drugs (espathra driftbloom teams, yes I succumbed to the dark side), running meowscarada, running the glaive dragon, etc etc etc. I was always convinced that the perfect team lay somewhere over the horizon and just one more addition would make me automatically like 120/32. Talk about a sense of entitlement for sure. I finally landed on this team, thanks in large part to my Good friend and constant sparring partner Jordan. His constant idea bouncing and helpful suggestions really helped me tighten up.

The team!

:heracross: @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Close Combat
Mega Horn
Rock Blast
Throat Chop
Adamant
Fighting Terra
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

I run this because it legitimately catches so many people off guard. I was looking for a form of speed control and running a life orb special dragapult for the longest. Fighting terra’d heracross 2hko’s the special bulky version of dodonzo, it 1hko’s garganacl, throat chop keeps skeledirge from steam rolling you, rock blast if your scouting focus sash or trying to break a mimikyu really quick. It just hits so many things and yeah I really like my shiny pink boiii!

:garganacl: @ Bright Powder
Ability : Purifying Salt
Terra Type: Ghost
Salt Cure
Curse
Body Press
Recover
252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 Def Careful Nature

Nothing new under the sun, this is standard.

:dondozo: @ Chesto berry
Terra Type: Grass
252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Liquidation
Body Press
Curse
Rest

Just like garganacl, this is standard. Tbh I mainly consider these guys as bluffs. It discourages what the opponent will pick and you will make your situation easier just by bluffing with these titans of sponge.

:annihilape: @ Leftovers
Vital Spirit
Terra Type: Fighting
Note : TBH, I don’t even know the spread on this. I copied the spread from a suggestion a long time ago, but the stats are HP: 416, 309 Attack, 216 Def, 253 SpD, 216 Spe, and 122 SpA. Adamant of course.
Rage Fist
Drain Punch
Bulk Up
Taunt
This thing is my favorite. Breloom, Skeledirge and Amonguss and All the sleeps get a rude awakening. Can live a dracometeor from dragapult if its not choice spec’d. not original either, standard moveset. Differences are the terra typing. I find that little extra umph on the drain punch to be a huge boon mid game. Also removing the ghost while adding more stab really lets me punish hydreigon and Kingambit.

:palafin: @ Choice Band
Ability: Zero To Hero
Terra Type: Water
252 Atk / 252 Hp / 4 Def
Jet Punch
Flip Turn
Close Combat
Wave Crash

Not really much to explain, I lead with this and usually bluff meowscarada into knocking me off instead of just killing me outright. Great late game, especially if you can save your tera and get those priority banded jet punches in there. Great pokemon, although I hated the idea of a stupid dolphin at first ^^;;

:cloyster: @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Terra Type : Ice
252 Atk/ 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Icicle Spear
Ice Shard
Razor Shell
Shell Smash

I really don’t understand why this is so effective but it is. I think people seriously sleep on the dark oyster, I know I did. My friend Jordan was constantly recommending me this over and over again when I was grinding the masterball ladder, and I finally and begrudgingly tried it and have been loving the results. I legitimately went from negative 10 on my ratio to pulling 7 – 8 wins in a row streaks consistently. Of course theres always gonna be the chance when you get haxed, but hey. Is what it is. Quick note, this thing loves meowscarada. Shell smash on the first turn, it flower tricks you. Ice shard, it doesn’t matter what the cat is doing, its dying. Say you suspect sash. Shard it, it hits you, sash. Its gonna to try and preserve its sash, or its going to die. Sucker punch will not save the dramatic grass cat.

My main core is palafin open, cloyster and anhilape in the back. If I see the team is super stall centric, ill throw one of the beefy sponges in there, whichever seems more equipped for the situation. If I see things that are easy targets for hera, like dragapult, the glaive ice dragon, etc etc, ill throw the bug in there.
And that’s my process. I hoped all of you enjoyed this season of ranked singles as much as I did ^^ im looking forward to January 6th. Merry Christmas all!

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/cf02c1bf53709565

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey, are you like me and playing to get those juicy master rank ribbons? Do you want breakneck games where you either get your face slammed on the pavement or do the pavement slamming? Do you want to turn your brain off, click buttons, and OHKO Pokemon with resisted attacks?

Well then, I give you...

FLOATZILLA!

1672122007515.png

I have never actually cared about Floatzel in my life up until this point, despite it being a fan favorite of most Gen 4 enjoyers. However, Floatzel got an insane buff this gen with Wave Crash. A 120 BP attack under rain with terra is absolutely disgusting. You cleanly OHKO uninvested Dragapults and Meowscaradas. You kill Baxcaliber after U-turn chip. You almost always OHKO Max Phys bulk Corviknight. Things. Just. Fall. Over. Honestly watching my opponents tera their alleged water resist into tera dragon or water or something and then it falling the fuck over from a wave crash over and over again is some of the most fun I've had with competitive Pokemon. Floatzel is awesome.

The rest of the team, outside of Pelipper's rain obviously, is there to cover for whatever Floatzel can't rip through like an ocean submerging ganondorf. Garganacl tackles mimikyu. Tera Poison Nacl and Annihilape serve as Breloom answers. Flying Annihilape beats fatties like Dondozo and various stall mons (this thing just wins games on its own holy shit it rocks). Hydreigon is a generally useful pile of resistances and extra dragonite insurance with tera-steel. If there's too much of all that nonsense to even consider bringing the rain core, you can operate on these three alone and do serious work. Then there's Pawmot: an extra answer to water-types, electric attacks, and meowscarada that comes with a pretty wacky ass move. Honestly, I went in thinking I could spam wave crash with floatzel, die, then bring him back, but that happened surprisingly little over my run. Still, the potential's there and Pawmot suprisingly carries its weight as is. Fun Pokemon. But holy moly, when it comes to fun, cleaving Dragapults in half with Floatzel cannot be beat. Tera together -> opponent's violent death still hasn't gotten old.

For piloting it, it's beyond simple. Look at your opponent's team and count the number of water resistances. Look at whatever has priority that can fuck up Floatzel bad. If they're light on both, pick Pelipper, Floatzel, and Pawmot and chokeslam shit with your moist rabid weasel until the next game loads up. Remember: A double KO from Wave Crash recoil in a last Pokemon vs last Pokemon stand off is a win for you. If they have some of Floatzel's problematic Pokemon on board, swap Pawmot out for whichever of the three other dudes you need. If they've got too much stuff to cover even with that one extra, well, time to play a normal game of Pokemon for a second. Enjoy your indestructible monkey and minecraft map.

Ultimately I went a very middling 24-9 to get to master rank with this team, but I attribute that mostly to running into like 6 consecutive Rotom-W teams with a version of the team with Iron Fist Pawmot, and also me just generally getting used to the features of this generation (I am not even mad specs tera water Salamence clapped me, cool to see that 15 year old set back). The team can be further optimized doubtlessly, and I think an Amoonguss or something over Hydreigon or even Pawmot might give it some longer legs. In fact, if you end up laddering on showdown with it to some success, consider tossing me a PM and I will probably make a rental code for you to use the team on cart, lol. Whatever gives me my ribbons! Sweet, delicious master rank ribbons!!

Let me know if yall like the team. BSS has absolutely been my favorite way to play Pokemon for the last three generations for its snappy quick games and this teams up there for some of the more fun I've had. Enjoy!

1672124279118.png

Last edited:
I used this team to get to master ball, and I have been having some success climbing as well. I played a lot of 6v6 OU up to SM, didn't play SwSh, and now I'm back in SV, and this is my first time playing BSS. I've had a little bit of trouble learning the differences between 6v6 and 3v3, but I think I'm at a good spot now.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Standard set, sometimes I lead with this if I don't see any considerable threats to it, and I can take over the whole game, especially if my opponent isn't running any physical walls. A lot of people will also try to predict the tera normal, so it's good to hold onto it until you really need it.

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Slack Off

A little bit of a weird set, though I saw someone recommend it this way, which is why I made it like this in the first place. Fully specially defensive, then WoW to deal with physical sets. I don't think I got throat chopped a single time until I hit master ball, and then I started having problems with that. At first, I ran tera fairy, but I found that it was mostly just getting me killed by things like Kingambit and Scizor. I also ran tera grass for some time to deal with Breloom/Amoonguss, but it was a little hard to justify it when most Breloom run tera fire. Now, my only sleep answer is DNite's Lum Berry - I probably need to run something like Annihilape, Garganacl, or Gholdengo.

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- Trick

The standard scarf set, it can lead lead as well. I honestly think Flower Trick is pretty useless, I've pretty much never used it, and when I have used it, it hasn't done much for me. I think Low Kick would be a good replacement. A lot of dragons will predict Play Rough and tera steel, so this would be great for those times. I've also seen it a lot as a tera normal DNite counter, and I've had issues with Steel and Dark types on this team, which leads me to the next mon.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball

I used to run tera steel Hydreigon in this spot, but like I said, I had issues with steel and dark mons, so I changed it to this. A lot of people think that it's physical, and that helps a lot. I think this mon kind of sucks though, and it could be changed back to Hydreigon or something else if I make the Low Kick change on Meowscarada.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Standard Wash specs set, this things hits ridiculously hard. If I lead with it, my opponents usually switch to Clodsire/a ground type instantly, so I tend to look at what they have and either use Hydro Pump or Trick instead of Volt Switch, and that has worked wonders for me. This is also my only really good answer to Corv and Dondo.

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Glaive Rush

A cool little mon that I've been using to deal with Subs/Mimikyuu. I originally had Ice Shard over EQ, but I changed it out after running into too many steel mons. I used this a lot more in my climb to master ball, but since getting there, I don't think I've used this even once. Cloyster might be a better mon for this spot, since it has issues setting up, even with Tera Steel, and it can't drop Loaded Dice for a Focus Sash like Cloyster can.

This team could be improved a LOT, but it did get me to master ball in my first attempt, so I think it's alright.

https://pokepast.es/2ecbdb4099bd6ea5

Here's what I used to get to MB, currently sitting on 30-6, having some pretty dumb fun with it. Masquerain lead shennanigans are fun and AV glimmora is the best. Rest is standard, tera normal toxtricity is also fun under webs against vulnerable teams.

https://pokepast.es/13d436beb70b5b05
That's an interesting team to get so high w/. I tried Webs Sash Masquerain, not really for me but I have a (probably) better EV spread if you want. 164 HP/ 4 Def/ 156 SpA(for Hydro Pump so if you don't use then idk,)/ 4 SpD/ 180+ Spe. I forget what it's for though xp.

Er just looked at set, Jolly hm. Totally different from what I had, might not suit you.

So Ive been enjoying TheMantyke's Floatzilla rental team on cart and its been funny watching opponents take a Choice banded tera water boosted Wave Crash from Floatzel and getting one-shot. I do have a question on one game that I lost. I had a Floatzel that I already revived going against Mimikyu, each our last Pokemon. It Wave Crashed and fainted the Mimikyu, then fainted itself due to recoil. I thought I would get awarded the win in that situation, but was given a loss. The only thing I can think of is that the cart rules that revival blessing is counted as another Pokemon, so Im found to have lost 4-3. Is my understanding of this correct?

:Florges: :Orthworm: :Honchkrow: :Mismagius: :Electrode: :Kingambit:

Florges @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Chilling Water
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind

I put this largely for Garganacl. I couldn't quite figure out the way to beat that thing, until I thought of Covert Cloak. This is vulnerable to fissure, but that should be rare so I prefer tera grass to flying. The reason is the normally useless in singles Flower Veil. W/ a grass tera Florges stops status just like Gholdengo, although yawn affects her if they yawned Florges while she was a fairy. But it also buffs Giga Drain, so the opportunity cost isn't that high. Plus, for the most part, I don't run super common stuff like Gholdengo. Chilling Water is some weak coverage that also shores up the much lower physical side. Calm nature to take advantage of the base SpD, which is considerably higher, even, than the already good SpA. One big issue for this is Skeledirge, Chilling Water is nowhere near enough, so I rely on them to tera from fire.

Orthworm @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock

Idk that this has changed much. I've used Orthworm for a very long time now(well not time so much as many battles.) It could be Bold 0 Atk IV, but the difference is minimal and I may go back to EQ/Iron Head. 12 Spe to creep Dirge, Def is maxed ahead of HP fwiw for Body Press damage. I love this cause of Earth Eater, it can be hugely useful vs. DNite, Chomp, and Baxcalibur. But others too, like even the special Abomasnow and Glimmora. The latter is maybe even more important because Memento won't do a thing to this set. Besides the obvious 1st two moves, I decided to set rocks cause of switches(those always happen, plus Electrode's Eerie Impulse,) and have Metal Burst for the special stuff I can live(the special attacker that I use it on has to be faster, but that's common.) Tera poison for one less weakness and to take fighting. This has been one of the better mons for sure, it's not going anywhere.

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 100 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Metal Burst
- Low Kick

I didn't want to use something so common, and I'm not planning to for long, BUT it lives Palafin-H Wave Crash w/ all the buffs(rain, band, tera water) besides crit. Then Metal Burst scores an ohko. 4 Spe for mirrors, also why Low Kick. And the 4 SpD gives an even # for AV. I also chose this for Kowtow Cleave's acc bypass, as I had nothing for the rare Drifblim team. Water tera is to live the original sentence. I'm not sure I've actually brought this, I'm very attached to most of the other mons, and this is more common and less interesting to me. Considering Brick Break.

Electrode @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Soundproof
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Foul Play
- Eerie Impulse
- Mirror Coat

This was put for being the only mon naturally faster than Pult(in this dex.) 20 SpA gets Gyara, Spe for +1 Gyara. The rest in HP w/ a berry that almost always gets used. The key here is Tera Dark Foul Play, this can ohko Pult and does lots to all sorts of things like a boosted Mimikyu, who can't hurt tera very bad w/ priority cause resist. Mirror Coat is the next most important move, I love it in general. Good for Rotoms and such. Discharge is mainly for hax so I feel it could be the 3x more accurate way of spreading para, T-Wave. But it can matter vs. Grimmsnarl and anything that doesn't care at all or enough about Foul Play, STAB or otherwise. Soundproof is just for Dirge, really. Oh and Sylveon, that mon is actually a big part of why this is here. Eerie Impulse is a weak attempt at forcing switches, I'm not sure what else would be good.

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

The other main mon, along w/ Orthworm. She's done great, not an obvious Tricker, or obvious mon you want to avoid Tricking. That helps her pass the scarf to the right mon OR waste their time by having them trick her(rotom has done this.) EVs always take Timid unboosted Gholdengo Shadow Ball, and outspeed up to Scarf Annihilape and other 90s(really just Ape, but running a little less for +1 Vivillon, who is unseen but beats me, is pointless.) The rest in SpA, w/ modest as Timid seems excessive on a 105 base scarf mon. At least kinda, I did used to use Jolly Scarf Meowscarada. Dazzling Gleam was put for Hydreigon, and T-Bolt for Corv and stuff. Both these moves are available to Gengar so it makes her compete even more w/ that, but I definitely like Mismagius better. She's hardly slower, and Gengar can never live Gholdengo's Shadow Ball(if it's 252 SpA or better.) Electric tera seems obvious for fake STAB and no weaknesses, it can be used on predicted nuzzle/T-Wave.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 60 HP / 244 Atk / 28 Def / 12 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Wave

This is actually gone now for Sandaconda, but the rules are to post the team you've played w/ a lot. This was for sleep, Annihilape, and some hax. Life Orb and Brave Bird recoil is completely unappreciated, but it's strong. Ohkos boosted Annihilapes. Dark Pulse, even w/ -nature, is for Dirge and ghost Garganacl. Pretty underwhelming besides, but so is tis mon kinda. Insomnia not moxie because I needed to block sleep. Sucker Punch gets around the low-ish Spe, and hits hard, possibly w/ tera as well(this is rare.) T-Wave is nice hax, Gholdengo and ghost terad Garg have reason to tread lightly so it can be spammable even now. Huge gripe w/ this is that, despite Insomnia, it doesn't really break Hippo. They can just phase me around for eventual rock death(Florges w/ grass tera is the one for fighting Hippo.)

I'm doing bad still, but I managed to get form consistently 18-20 more losses than wins to 9 atm. The latest win was w/ Sandaconda over Honchkrow, but either way it wouldn't have been brought so kinda immaterial. I find tera hard, but I really enjoy Mismagius and Orthworm. Florges can be pretty great, really putting an end to Umbreon once terad. I HATE surprise special stuff, like Pult, Talonflame, DNite, and Mence. I've seen most if not all of those special or mixed. Torn on SR Orthworm or no SR, not hitting ghosts consistently is bad w/ so many around. I think I'm improving, and will have a better ranking at the end of series 2, unless they change it a lot. Because of rules this series I have little knowledge of what the paradox mons do, so if they're allowed I may do worse.

Had to make a few tweaks to it here and there, but here's my team, which I recently reached Master Ball Rank with:

Team ID: 6M8X87

Orthworm @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Body Press
- Iron Tail
- Metal Burst

This is the more setup-oriented of the team's two walls. With excellent physical defense, Orthworm makes a naturally strong Body Press user, and Coil only augments that further. Due to the accuracy boost of Coil, Iron Tail is used instead of Iron Head, allowing for extra damage. Finally, Metal Burst is used to catch special attackers off guard and can easily take out wallbreakers that would otherwise 2HKO Orthworm without trouble.

Ceruledge @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Claw
- Solar Blade

One of the team's more offensively-inclined Mons, Ceruledge is capable of punching holes in the enemy team after a single Swords Dance boost, and its deceptively high special bulk paired with its reliable recovery in Bitter Blade make it more capable of taking hits than you might think. Tera Grass, Power Herb, and Solar Blade are all used to punish Rotom-Wash switch-ins, which are extremely common in the current Battle Stadium metagame. Even without a Swords Dance boost, a single Solar Blade with Tera Grass is enough to OHKO even the bulkiest Rotom-W builds. Flash Fire is used over Weak Armor to allow Ceruledge to better switch into the Fighting and Fire weaknesses of Orthworm and Arboliva.

Palafin @ Punch Glove
Ability: Zero to Hero
EVs: 252 HP/140 Atk/116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Palafin is a powerful Bulk Up sweeper, and its "downside" of having to switch out is usually not going to be an issue most of the time. I usually pair him with Arboliva or Orthworm during matches, send him out as a lead, then switch him into the team's current defensive 'Mon on the first turn. With the given EV spread, Palafin is able to outspeed a max speed invested Jolly Breloom and hit it hard with Ice Punch, and with a Punching Glove equipped this makes for a guaranteed OHKO even without a Bulk Up boost. This also gives Palafin the additional benefit of not making contact with its moves, which allows it to beat Rocky Helmet Corviknight more easily.

Donphan @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
- Counter

Donphan's role on the team is basically to serve as an anti-lead against the all-too-common Meowscarada leads. With Counter and Sturdy he's able to punish virtually any physical attack thrown at him, and in case they're running Focus Sash he can then pick it off with Ice Shard. Tera Ice is used to increase Ice Shard's power, but in practice you're most likely never going to be Terastallizing with this 'mon anyway. Even apart from being a lead, Donphan can still serve as a solid physically bulky attacker.

Hydreigon @ Scope Lens
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Energy

Focus Energy and Scope Lens might seem odd, but there's one big reason why they're used here: critical hits ignore your own stat drops. After a single Focus Energy, all of Hydreigon's attacks are effectively Choice Specs boosted, but without being locked to a single move and without any drops to Special Attack from Draco Meteor. This allows Hydreigon to punch massive holes in the enemy team with little resistance, and Tera Fairy ensures that it's able to survive the numerous Close Combats and U-Turns thrown around the Master Ball rank, while also handily beating enemy dragons.

Arboliva @ Grassy Seeds
Ability: Seed Sower
EVs: 252 HP/188 Def/68 Sp. Atk
IVs: 0 Atk/0 Spe
- Strength Sap
- Terrain Pulse
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast

Arboliva is the second wall on the team, and makes use of Strength Sap and its excellent ability to completely shut down the physical attackers that so far dominate most of the BSS metagame (Garchomp in particular is almost completely walled by this build, and even Swords Dance sweeping is unreliable thanks to Arboliva's ability to heal and reduce attack with Strength Sap.) The given EV spread gives it just enough special attack to OHKO most Rotom-Wash and Dondozo builds with Terrain Pulse once Grassy Terrain is up. Tera Blast serves as a good secondary STAB thanks to Arboliva's Normal typing, and with Tera Fire it can be used to check Pokemon that would otherwise out-wall it, most notably Corviknight.

Last edited:
I just reached Master Ball Rank with a Lokix lead team. Since he's the Pokemon alter ego of Loki, the God of Trickery, no one will understand what this mon does so you can easily OHKO meowscarada leads as well as many other mons, eventually switching out to solid answers for every kind of threat, and coming back once again ready to make a good first impression.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

This guy is here for the sole purpose of taking care of Dondozo, but he's also a good special sweeper and pivot if your opponent does not play the fat catfish.

Lokix @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Axe Kick

The God of Trickery will deceive your opponents into thinking you're a simple grasshopper, until they die. First Impression always OHKO the horde of annoying meowscarada out there. Tera Bug LO full atk invested Lokix has a chance to OHKO (guaranteed after chip) grimmsnarl, dragapult, rotom-w, quaquaval, volcarona and probably some more mons. With his high speed you can usually safely u-turn out dealing non negligible damage to almost everything. I usually also tend to risk and trick leading ceruledges that believes I'd switch out using first impression and finishing them off with sucker punch (it worked twice and never failed).

Garganacl @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Body Press

This guy is a monster, should be illegal to even conceive it, but here we are so we are gonna use him. Since we are switching out often we need safe switches in which are also good threats, and Garganacl is all of that.

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Shadow Ball

Same as the guy before. I don't know why people tend to ignore unaware, he's so useful for that. Pretty standard set, and Lokix best friends (I often switch Lokix out and bring Skeledirge while facing volcarona).

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Gold guy is here to revenge kill and sweep whenever he can. Standard set here too.

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake

I like bax a lot but I've used him only once in this team. Maybe he's not really needed. He's another bulky physical sweeper, whose thermal ability people almost always forget about. Suggestions?

https://pokepast.es/a0100988fc3269ea

Updated Team ID (AV Bax): F5W7R6

Last edited:
Happy new year all!. Been getting bored near the end of the series, so decided to hop on a new cart and make the climb to MB again with a new, very aggressive team. Here's what I used:

1672617498244.png1672617529849.png1672617546051.png1672617517620.png1672617558640.png1672617568170.png. <— Click for paste

Baxcalibur @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake

This is mainly my answer to Rotom (before tera that is), but it also does well against the ever-present Gholdengo, which opponents are usually eager to bring in on it, with a well-timed tera. Icicle spear over icicle crash is personal preference for Mimikyu and sashed Meowscarada, and ice shard pairs nicely with glaive rush to remove its drawbacks. One of the most reliable mons on the team.

Indeedee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick
- Tera Blast

Will often lead this thing to either prime Polteageist by setting up terrain, trick an unsuspecting lead, or both. Otherwise, this mon is a surprisingly good sweeper with a scarf, as most things get 2HKOd by terrain boosted psychic, and terrain prevents priority from stopping it. Just be wary of switch ins. Can healing wish to get into Polteageist more quickly and safely if you're confident it can sweep given your opponents team and make use of the maximum turns of terrain. Tera fire catches gholdengo off guard, and helps should you ever find yourself needing to face kingambit with this thing (terrain removes sucker punch).

Palafin @ Choice Band
Ability: Zero to Hero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Jet Punch
- Wave Crash
- Flip Turn

Standard banded Palafin to pair with Pelipper

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 28 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power

I love this thing. Occupies the same role in this team as something like a Cloyster would, but sacrifices the benefits of multi-hit moves and more intrinsic bulk for having a ton more raw power and the potential to outspeed a bit more of the meta than Cloyster after setup due to weak armor. Pairs with Indeedee well to prevent priority from wrecking this thing's day. 188 Spe specifically to outspeed common threats -- notably scarfed Hydreigon, Dragapult, and unscarfed Meowscarada after a single shell smash, and scarfed Meowscarada after a shell smash & 1 weak armor proc. Weak armor is also helpful for stored power boosting, which gets further boosted in terrain. Tera fighting for dark types that would otherwise wall this thing, i.e Kingambit. Debating tera fairy as well.

Pelipper @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Mainly used for synergy with Palafin but can punch good holes in teams if not respected. Good physical bulk means you can usually swap from Palafin and bring it in on a physical mon to take a few hits before either U-turning back into Palafin or doing a good chunk on something with hurricane. Ice beam for dragons that dont expect it.

Annihilape @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

This thing's purpose is to deal with Dondozo and Garganacl through Tera Water and taunt, forcing them to boost up rage fist or switch and get chipped on another mon. Covert cloak helps to deal more easily with the latter. Also notably deals with Clodsire, though he's little less common nowadays I've found, and is a fantastic counter lead against Breloom due to vital spirit and 108 Spe plus Jolly outspending 252 Spe Jolly Breloom. It's Annihilape, hes just a beast. Could easily slap a leftovers on this instead too if you wanted the extra sustain.

Lost about 9 games before making it to MB again with this team, overall happy with it. This team has been surprisingly airtight as I've moved up the ladder, and even into MB is still tearing it up. Mainly this was just my first foray into seeing how insane Annihilape is from the opposite side of things. Not having to deal with the fissure shenanigans plaguing the ladder, even into high UB, makes this game so much more enjoyable. For comps, generally went Indeedee/Polteageist/Annihilape, Palafin/Annihilape/Polteageist, Palafin/Baxcalibur/Annihilape, or Palafin/Pelipper/Annihilape

IMG_5028.JPG

Rental Code: 5L7PWL

Last edited:
:Swalot: :Orthworm: :Mismagius: :Appletun: :Farigiraf: :Mudsdale:

Swalot @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Acid Spray
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

Put on here mainly for Annihilape. How it gets it is Liquid Ooze and normal tera. HP is so they have to suck up as much ooze as possible, Def lives Azumarill I think(3hko from unboosted Liquidation w/o def drops.) The rest is in SpA so that, mainly against Annihilape, I heal as much as I comfortably can afford to w/ Giga Drain(so they again have to take more ooze damage, hopefully all of it kills it even if I lost a mon. Ape so annoying.) Covert Cloak for Garganacl, Toxic for Minimize Drifblim, and cause this deals low-ish damage. Ice Beam 2hkos Dragonite and them. Very weird mon even by my standards, 1st to go if things get uglier.

Orthworm @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock

A mainstay of my team. Very likely to remove Spe EVs, since I don't need to creep Dirge anymore w/o EQ. However I may run Sub for Salt Cure, in which case the Spe helps w/ like Umbreon so idk. Very good Iron Def+Body Press mon. Metal Burst to attempt to get some special attackers, SR for when I can set it(most notable vs. sash Meowscarada, who may u-turn out after the initial obligatory Knock Off. Poson tera to resist fighting. Really good mon imo cause Earth Eater.

Appletun @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpA
Modest Nature
- Apple Acid
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Iron Defense

This has been better in recent times. I've noticed it's great w/ a helmet, for instance w/ iron def and tera it easily takes down the horror of Heracross(guts orb.) Also have chipped down Kingambits, and killed off a Maushold. 20 SpA does something I forget, maybe for Dragon Pulse, which I dropped cause it misses kos and Dirge ignores SpA drops. Apple Acid is great, Recover attempts to keep healthy and is necessary. Good w/ Dondozo, Rotoms that used up or inexplicably don't have trick, etc.

Farigiraf @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cud Chew
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Twin Beam
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam

This was also put on for Annihilape, and cause my mons really appreciate extra special power, or at least the bulk. SpA is enough for something, mostly rest in Def except some for Spe creeping 60s. Normal tera is negligible, simply what I got, might change to flying or what have you. Dazzling Gleam is my only fairy coverage, good for Hydreigon,

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt

Another mon that's practically always been there(this and Orthworm.) Good user of Trick, largely cause it's unexpected, meaning they won't predict it as much, and may even waste a turn tricking me. Shadow Ball 2hkos Gholdengo, who won't ohko w/ the EVs. Spe for max Scarf Ape. Power Gem is largely for Volcarona, who I really don't deal w/ well at all. T-bolt is good w/ the no weaknesses electric tera. Gets Corv and stuff. Might replace for Dazzling Gleam, particularly S2 cause Roaring Moon.

Mudsdale @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 236 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Counter
- Heavy Slam

Originally put to benefit from Maushold and tank and Counter(literally) a fully boosted Palafin-H Wave crash, if terad. EQ is for Clodsire and some others, also kinda obligatory STAB. Gets Sylveon terad. Body Press becomes much stronger w/ stamina, and uses the ability some vs. special attackers. Heavy Slam was to hit Minimize Drifblim, but I somehow wasn't thinking of Strength Sap even though that was the 1st thing I ran. So it could be a rock move for Volc or w/e. Atk does something I ofc forgot, Spe creep 35s(Garg,) and the rest in phys. bulk w/ Def maximized over HP for Body Press. AV makes this super bulky all around, main concern is I don't bring it enough I think lol.

Still not doing good, BUT it more often seems like I could've planned for something different and not made a certain prediction that cost, rather than just doing really bad w/o a way I could've won. I hate Encore DNite and Volcarona. Those are probably the main two.

Last edited:
Hi all ^_^ thought i'd share my season 2 team. today, after being at 130k yesterday, i managed to claw and hax my way up to 7k.20230116_203638.jpg The first night season 2 came out, i managed to climb as high as rank #60, 1st night.jpg but i mean, scoring all wins from greatball to masterball class and scoring two wins isnt really an achievement is it? as it stands, i am 197 wins 192 losses this season =X i spent a long time grinding with a rental palafin team that was posted in the samples thread, i really liked wave crash nuking everything, it reminded me of choice specs latios in bdsp :*) i ended up getting frustrated and turning back to my hyper offense team that i was running since last season, with the addition of one gamechanging componenet. but we will get into that ^_^ First the Pics: here are first night's rank, current rank
and the rental codeRental Code .jpg
in case anyone feels so inclined in taking this humble team out for a test drive. here we go ^_^

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
~Timid
*Infiltrator
252 Spe , 252 SpA , 4 SpD
-Draco Meteor
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-U Turn

still love how fast this thing is, still love hitting through Sub Dragonite / Sub Espartha, still love nuking things in one shot. my core in 95% of matchups is Cloyster Lead, Drag and Kingambit in the back. love love love this thing ever so much, was thinking about getting a shiny from one of the people in my group chat, but my bond of friendship with Fentanyl the Rank Master is deep =*]

Annihilape @ Leftovers
~Adamant
*Vital Spirit
220 Hp / 58+ Atk / 80 Def / 150 SpD
-Bulk up
-Drain Punch
-Rage Fist
-Taunt

honestly have not been using this thing as much anymore. theres this version running around with rocks gambit fling and taunt but i like this thing more. if i see the opposing team is stalled out the game, ill throw this in there with kinggambit and meowscarada to do some control.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
~Adamant
*Multi Scale
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
-Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon dance

a backup wincon that i dont really use that much anymore either. if for some reason i get a wild hair and i throw this thing onto my core, ill scout for weak attempts at super effective, stuff like rock tomb from breloom or salt cure from garganacl or even throw it in front of a garchomp and dragapult(as long as i know its not the cband darts version good lord!) to set up a wincon. was my bread and butter in the low ladder, not so much at the higher rungs.

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
~Jolly
*Protean
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Flower Trick
-Play rough
-U-Turn
-Knock Off
my starter my dramatic ass grass cat ^-^ love just running knock off and denying dodonzo immortality, love uturning to negate sash, love this thing =D switched from choice scarf to choice band because the cat needs more oomph ;D

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
~ Adamant
*Supreme Overlord
250 Hp / 220 Def/ 38 SpD
-Iron head
-Guillitone
-Kowtow Cleave
-Sucker Punch
i am in awe of how much this thing has made a difference in my team. the bulk on this thing is just incredible. with vest, i got +300 atk, i got 300 + in both defs and an hp of 404. so with this build, i can switch in on practically anything. i need the sucker punch to counter goldengo's and dragapults, basically anything not priority. but where this thing really shines is the guillitone. yes 1hko's are cheesy as all get out, but people will switch in umbreon, dodonzo, corivknight, all sorts of things thinkin that they are safe, and then when that bonehead skeleton comes up from the abyss comes to grab them up and take them to the stygian pits, i find myself yelling in my best yugi voice " I BANISH YOU TO THE SHADOW REALM!". love this thing. love love love it. tbh, just hitting a 1hko on the switch 75% of the time its a ragequit and my rank goes up ^.^

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
~Adamant
*Skill Link
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Icicle Spear
-Razor Shell
-Ice Shard
-Shell Smash

what can i say about this that isnt already known. smash at the wrong instance and it's a wincon. suprisingly i find this a good counter to the Baxcalibur open, a terra'd unuboosted icicle spear is usually enough for a kill. things a good match up for mimikyu, the grass cat, chomp, drag, so many things it eats.

So this team i basically use the core of Cloyster Open, Dragapult and Kingambit in the back. if i cant smash, or severely cripple with cloyster, ill switch out to gambit 90% of the time(the other 10% of the time if theres a fast fighting type already out). more often than not, people will switch in something bulky and unaware and i can really turn the tide with a lucky guillitone. anyways, thanks for allowing me to share my team, im having a blast like i said, i enjoyed the last couple seasons of sword shield, but being in on the release and keeping up with the way the meta shifts and changes its a really rewarding experience and i think im having the most fun i have with this franchise since i was an eight year old boy opening up blue version on christmas day =*]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)