Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Hey! I need real help.

So I made a team for The Losers Game! And I wanna find The Losers Game Gamemode, but I can’t! When I look in the format place above the team, it just dosent show!

So is my device wrong? (Main is IPad) or do I have to do somethin?

if you can answer and figure out this, I would be appreciated by this

Thanks!

:woop:
Vasagle

Hey! I need real help.

So I made a team for The Losers Game! And I wanna find The Losers Game Gamemode, but I can’t! When I look in the format place above the team, it just dosent show!

So is my device wrong? (Main is IPad) or do I have to do somethin?

if you can answer and figure out this, I would be appreciated by this

Thanks!

:woop:
Vasagle
The Loser's Game is an OM without a permanent ladder, you can only play it in tournaments and by challenging directly other users. It may also get a temporary ladder but there is no fixed date

I...am a noob at PS! and idk what dose that mean
a "ladder" is the name for all those formats you can play. only certain formats have a ladder you can play at any time, and the loser's game hasn't got one. you can only play it by clicking the challenge button next to another users name. I recommend joining the "Help" room on showdown for deeper explanation

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Why is Bisharp struggling at the moment? Was consistently dropping and now its in the C-ranks so I'm curious.
It mostly just comes down to its stabs being too weak to make progress fast enough. Without Knock, it can't cripple its switchins and it's left making very little progress especially into stuff like Quag, Talon, Hippo and Roost Quaval. It has some defensive utility, but that's mostly outdone by Tinkaton and, due to requiring Eviolite for its bulk, it's extremely prone to being worn down. It gets outlasted by its counters and the stuff it's trying to counter whatever it tries to do essentially and it doesn't make up for this lack of longevity in meaningful ways.

why is Gengar being more used than H-Zoroark? if you look at uu usage stats gengar is 10th while Zoro is 12, why is that? I thought Zoroark outclassed gengar in every way

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
why is Gengar being more used than H-Zoroark? if you look at uu usage stats gengar is 10th while Zoro is 12, why is that? I thought Zoroark outclassed gengar in every way
Gengar does have some unique qualities over Hisuian Zoroark. It can set Toxic Spikes and also absorb them, while also being generally better at using choiced sets and also having marginally more bulk, allowing it to at least attempt taking resisted hits while Zoroark can't.

Gengar does have some unique qualities over Hisuian Zoroark. It can set Toxic Spikes and also absorb them, while also being generally better at using choiced sets and also having marginally more bulk, allowing it to at least attempt taking resisted hits while Zoroark can't.
why is he better at using choiced sets?

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
why is he better at using choiced sets?
For choice scarf notably, access to options like Thunderbolt is extremely valuable in revenge-killing Gyarados and Booster Energy Iron Jugulis. Choice Specs sets have just that little bit of extra power to push through certain walls like Tinkaton, Gastrodon and Hippowdon more easily with your spammable option, that being Shadow Ball. Gengar also notably has stab on Sludge Bomb which is valuable to get through Wo-Chien when you want to get in a position where you want to be able to just use Shadow Ball without having to predict.

Why’d Hydregion go immediately to UUBL instead of UU? I understand that it was banned earlier this generation, but UU has changed a lot in the past few months, especially due to HOME shaking things up.

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
Why’d Hydregion go immediately to UUBL instead of UU? I understand that it was banned earlier this generation, but UU has changed a lot in the past few months, especially due to HOME shaking things up.
So, we unbanned all the UUBLs, and the graphic was made before the UU council put that decision through officially. So, Hydreigon had low enough usage to drop to UU, BUT, since it was banned, it couldn't actually drop.

Is there any consensus on the best 4th move for boots Arcanine-H? I have messed around with Morning Sun, wisp and double edge. I am leaning towards wisp because it enabled the various hex users of the tier but I’m curious to hear other thoughts.

I would say it 100% depends of what you like / need on your team. All the moves you have listed are good and have their own strenghts and flaws, even Stealth Rock can be decent if you can't manage to add them on another Pokémon. I tend to enjoy Morning Sun for the staying power and Double Edge in order to hit things such as Gastrodon / Quagsire. But Will-O-Wisp is legit tho since it nulifies recovery from Leftovers and allows even more chip damages on defensive answers such as Alomomola, Quagsire, Slowbro etc..which is definitively legit in SV UU since recovery moves have been nerfed.

Hello guys, after some time i finally got the necessary motivation to learn the Gen 9 metagame, and i'm starting with UU. I guess Taunt is still good to use in the game, yes? I'm doing some teambuilding and i want a good mon with it so i can shutdown some of the threats i see around in the ladder, does anyone have any recommendations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)