Project Secret Santa

Kipkluif

Liever Kips leverworst
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Bella Hi it is me your secretest of santas
:mienfoo::glimmet::toedscool::tinkatink::stunky::voltorb-hisui:
You wanted a Life Orb SD Mienfoo team, so I made that. Reckless helps you OHKO knocked Foongus at +2, I thought about Regenerator to offset Life Orb damage but I see more value in breaking power than I do in the longevity in this instance, since you aren't gonna use this foo for pivoting. The rest of the team is mainly focused on trying to create setup opportunities: it has two Memento users for damage reduction, as well as Spore Toedscool and two Thunder Wave users that allow you to fish for free turns with Substitute and help you sweep if their team outspeeds Mienfoo. The team has no fight resist and no Numel resist, so the Tera types are chosen to help in these matchups. I'd advise to use them aggressively when facing those matchups, as you will lose them in the long run, so playing the long run tends to not be worth it. Double Thunder Wave, Encore Tinkatink and Sucker Punch Stunky are here to help you counterplay opposing setup sweepers. Have fun with it!

gali As your now not-so-secret santa, the idea was really fun to test on ladder, so thank you for that.
944.pngdownload (3).png081.pngdownload (42).jpegdownload (41).jpeg969.png
https://pokepast.es/ad7308f240ef5422
This is a voltturn team that utilizes swords dance unburden shroodle and nasty plot vullaby as sweepers, with grookey to provide grassy terrain and pivoting, mienfoo as a regenerator mon and another good u-turner, magnemite as a revenge killer and as a way of removing tinkatink, and glimmet as a hazard setter and vullaby check. This team is great into foo, torb, shellder, and a lot of other common mons due to its natural speed, power, and priority, but lacks a fighting resist outside of tera. This team should be played with aggressive ideas in mind. Enjoy this team, and if you would like me to make you another after DLC drops feel free to reach out and ask. Merry Christmas, gali. It's been a joy to enter into this community, and you were a big part of that.

Oscarx90

LCPL Champion
I think it was mohammedall who requested snugglow, please correct me if I’m wrong.
https://pokepast.es/528c8d4c2b919b95 here’s the team, its a pretty standard offence,
snugglow as a wall breaker, scratchet for utility, voodoll and vull as setup mons, dorsoil
for some defense and privetyke for speed control. I didn’t expect it to be done so quickly,
but it did great in tests so I think it works. Might update it if I think of improvements though

I think it was mohammedall who requested snugglow, please correct me if I’m wrong.
https://pokepast.es/528c8d4c2b919b95 here’s the team, its a pretty standard offence,
snugglow as a wall breaker, scratchet for utility, voodoll and vull as setup mons, dorsoil
for some defense and privetyke for speed control. I didn’t expect it to be done so quickly,
but it did great in tests so I think it works. Might update it if I think of improvements though
Thank you for the team! (It was me)

Oscar90x Hi I made a Fomantis Team as you requested.

:Sv/Fomantis:

The star of the team. At first I thought of making it slower with high hp and defense to check ground types like Diglett-a or Mudbray but that didn't feel like a Fomantis team, it would feel like a team Fomantis was in. So I decided to make it a scarf sweeper with tera grass to hit really hard even resists at +2. You probably won't use the other 3 moves but sometimes defog in an emergency can be helpful.

:Sv/Gothita:

Pairing Fomantis with Gothita seems like a no brain. It can trap things like Foongus, unhealthy flying types and Voltorb-h which all can be troublesome for Fomantis. Both scarf users pair well and make the team not too slow so things like gastly can't sweep you if the team is damaged.

:Sv/Chinchou:

Then I tought, how do I setup Fomantis for success? Gothita alone is clearly not enough. I decided to have a slow core using flip turn and u-turn for easy switch in for both Fomantis and Gothita.

The first member is Chinchou. Chinchou recently come back to the game and it learns flip turn now so I favored it over volt switch so you can always hit ground types as well while pivoting. It checks flying types like Wattrel and Vullaby, can check Shellder and has enough speed to outspeed Mudbray and Corphish.

:Sv/Mienfoo:

The second member of the u-turn core is Mienfoo. Slowfoo can take hits from almost everything and it pairs well with Chinchou because Chinchou checks flying types. You really don't want to use tera on Gothita for Voltorb-h if possible so this mon being able to take hits from it and gain momentum is really helpful. Even without attack investment it hits hard with hight jump kick.

:Sv/Vullaby:

The last member of the core is Vullaby. It's a tanky set physical that is slower than most mon due to it's 11 spe. Weak armor made no sense, you no longer tank things with multi hit like Diglett-a and overcoat is helpful vs Foongus so it was my pick.

:Sv/Drilbur:

In current gen it doesn't really get use anymore but drilbur can use stealth rock and rapid spin. Hazard control is importal for teams that use u-turn a lot so it fits the role well. Pineco can fit that role too but I favored drilbur because of its speed and because it beats Glimmet and Tinkatink.

Have fun with the team! If you don't like it I can always make another one there is still time for the deadline.

Last edited:

anique

</3
is a Tiering Contributor
Flou yo buddy I built the cincinno team u wanted, personally I thought this mon was shit but I tried my best
:Minccino: :porygon: :gible: :elekid: :makuhita: :doduo:
https://pokepast.es/3b1c7ad0799378d2
(team nicks based around my favorite dnb breakcore artist, nettspend)
Built this team around volturn with band cincinno + band elekid, gible is there as the rocker and foo check scarf pory the cleaner, Makuhita and sd doduo are good breakers to compliment the volturn core.

HSOWA merry christmas user Hot Skitty On Wailord Action. As your very secretive santa I have built the totodile team you requested
:impidimp: - :diglett-alola: - :gastly: - :scraggy: - :magby: - :totodile:
The team is pretty standard screens using all the broken mons the dlc has to offer. It uses totodile with a powerful sflo moveset as a breaker that deals a surprising amount of damage.
Some funne calcs:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Totodile Ice Punch vs. 124 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 23-29 (92 - 116%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tera Water Totodile Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 23-29 (109.5 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tera Water Totodile Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 23-29 (100 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The set uses facade as a last minute options for burns or as a nuke if tspikes are setup by the ever present glimmet. Enjoy!

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:tinkatink::foongus::mienfoo::growlithe-hisui::vullaby::voltorb-hisui:
hi rarre, this is the sd tinkatink i made as your not so secret santa
there already enough offense on this team, so i kept the defensive spread on tinkatink from the smogdex. the rest of this team uses powerful breakers as well as a classic pivot core with mienfoo and voltorb-h. nothing much to say here, just a standard team

hello JoshLove2020, here is your secret santa team as requested

https://pokepast.es/9098bc53184b7166

:cutiefly: :glimmet: :mudbray: :misdreavus: :gothita: :rufflet:

Cutiefly and glimmet were a bit tricky to use, but I think I did pretty alright here. Shoutouts to PigWarrior19 for helping me out with this doubles team.

Cutiefly is a support pokemon on this team, using pollen puff to try and stall out the game as well as being a solid STAB option. Sticky Web is there because its quite nice as speed control.

Glimmet's toxic spikes can be a bit hard to utilize, but using a 3 attacks set with middling speed allows it to function under trick room, tailwind, or sticky web. Tera Dark is for bonking Girafarig, while the last 3 slots are to support against possible fighting types.

Mudbray is just a very tanky and strong attacker that benefits from the speed control and puts pressure on poisons so you can punish them coming in.

Misdreavus is a strong pokemon that exerts pressure from the beginning of the game.

Gothita was used for disruption, as well as being able to keep opposing pokemon that are poisoned still in. Also you trap the t spike absorbers.

Rufflet was for tailwind, giving you more modularity, as well as filling a similar role to mudbray in being able to click the strong button that make opponent pokemon dissapear.

I hope you enjoy!

LeJames Chonk

Most people call me Cooper
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Merry Christmas Camden!!!

Here is your Doduo + Minccino Normal Spam team you requested: https://pokepast.es/589884425baaebaf

Scarf Doduo felt like the only viable set imo, and it still leaves a lot to be desired. Without Jump Kick the coverage just isn't there, which is why I opted for Tera Blast Ground.

I honestly went back and forth on the Minccino set quite a bit, theres a lot this mon can do, but its hard to fit it all. I went with the greedy life orb + tidy up set. I believe this mon puts opponents in a lot of situations where they need to switch out and you are able to easily get this off and sweep with tera normal. Protect is good for scouting teras, as well as preventing fake out chip.

I went with a slow bulky foo here. It gives the team more defensive flexibility, and found the slow pivot to be helpful on a team with so many frail, but strong offensive mons. I found Foongus rather annoying for the team so that's why I opted for Taunt.

I went with Tink to add a rocker, but more importantly a much needed Vullaby switch in. I think Tink, while slightly down from where its been in the past remains the mon with the most longevity vs Vullaby and that helps a lot here.

I'm not sure why I went with Stunky, but I think its a very good mon right now, and provides immense value in a lot of different matchups.

Mareanie is decent glue here, and adds a much needed switch for a number of different mons.

Hope you enjoy the team and are having a great Holiday Season!

https://pokepast.es/7dc63b6c6553f719

merry christmas Charis_Akins here is the snivy team you requested. I think snivy is a cool mon in the current meta but struggle vs common mons like vullaby and foonguss and tinka that's why i thought it would be fun to use tera steel snivy to abuse those checks. I gave the team a growlithe set that can check vullaby with rocks and drifloon with tailwind endure so you don't have to much trouble against the screens teams and helping snivy or growlithe sweep under tailwind. The drifloon is eved to live a knock from mienfoo growlithe is eved to 2 live knocks from vullaby.

Merry Christmas reggg !! I have your Munchlax Team for you :)

:timburr: :gastly: :shellos: :munchlax: :grimer-alola: :elekid:

https://pokepast.es/1e910f08b3b40800

Instead of using munchlax as curse sleeptalker, I opted in for a more offensive set that will catch people off guard, while also being able to keep up pressure on the opponent. Scarf gastly also allows you to take down threats like snivy and other sweepers, while shellos and grimer-a provide a good defensive core with strong utility and damage. Elekid is there as fast electric type, and timburr as a strong late-gate sweeper or early-mid knocker.

I hope you enjoy your team, and have a great new years :D

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion
:noibat: :mienfoo: :toedscool: :glimmet: :stunky: :gastly:

I'm a huge Lokifan fan and this is my sneaky attempt to recruit him into Asia despite it being w2 and our teams playing his secret santa request for Noibat.

This was a tricky mon to build around as it just wants to do several different things with a limited but somewhat neat movepool. My initial iteration had a more utility-focused approach but I dropped that for a scarfer set. Hurricane is an option over Heat Wave, although I prefer the latter to hit Diglett-Alola (which is a bit of a pain) and accuracy reasons, while Super Fang tends to hit things that are a little harder to predict like Tera 50/50s on other clicks like Draco Meteor. Toedscool is nice to threaten things with Spore to enable the other threats, while also spinning away rocks for Noibat to be more useful. Glimmet adds the ever valuable glue resistances and role compression, while Stunky and Gastly are chosen to put offensive pressure on Steels and Fairies that Noibat might not be able to touch (Sucker + Temper Flare is a great combo). Hope you enjoy the team and please join asia it's not too late we'll trade drifting and happy holidays!

Happy Holidays Tack, I hope you enjoy this ADV LC Psychic Spam!

:rs/wailmer: :rs/natu: :rs/abra: :rs/diglett: :rs/porygon: :rs/doduo:

:wailmer: Pretty sure the best lead in the tier, bulky Wailmer does bulky Wailmer things. I throw this on every team that I have to make because I don't know what I'm doing, and it always puts in work. Don't boom on Gastly I've done that way too much.

:natu: The requested mon. While asking around, trying to find out what Natu does in this tier since I don't play it, the most common response was "be a weaker, slower Abra", which I found to be extremely true. So what if I ran it as a mini Abra and then had a real one in the back once holes had been broken in their team? I decided to go with a Calm Mind 3 attack set to let Natu hit as many mons as possible. Psychic for strong STAB, Thief to steal a defensive switch in's Sitrus Berry, and Hidden Power Water to hit Houndour. Synchronize dissuades mons like Porygon and Staryu from clicking Thunder Wave to slow you down as they'll also get hindered by it.

:abra: The good Psychic type, I just stole the sample spread. If the Natu successfully enabled the Psychic checks to get removed, this can most likely take over a game. You can go with the Defense investment set to live Porygon Return or Diglett Earthquake if you think those are problems, but my thought process was that the Natu did enough damage to the opponent's team that max max Abra can just go win.

:diglett: With two Psychic types, Diglett felt necessary to trap Houndour. Gets the added benefit of helping with helping against the 20 Speed Electrics Voltorb and Elekid. Substitute + Thief to go through the extremely boring Sitrus Berry steal on counter-trapping Porygon, snore gameplay.

:porygon: It's Porygon. I went with max Defense because there's no Doduo switch in. You know what this mon does.

:doduo: After seeing multiple screenshots of reggg using Sky Attack Doduo with it just OHKO-ing every switch in ever, I thought the tier was doomed and that this bird was broken. As I learned in tests, however, this move is a not Fly-like-move where you get invincibility when using it, so you have to be good at this tier to make it work otherwise the potentially banworthy is dead before impact. Hits stuff hard.

Éric Happy holidays sorry for being late, here's your Agility Porygon team.

https://pokepast.es/9f134f61be279061

I paired Porygon with Vullaby since they both share similar checks. The idea is you can Tera Vull to remove Porygon checks or save the tera for Porygon to break the team. I also added Drifloon with Tailwind and Will-o-Wisp so Porygon doesn't need an Agility to sweep and has an easier time switching in. Then its standard Mienfoo, Snubull for the Vull/Foo check and Stealth Rock Mudbray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)