SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Along with the 7+8+x clue, Khu also gave a 6+1+x clue which the consensus was pretty sure was referring to forms

1. Bloodmoon Ursaluna
2. Artisan Poltchageist
3. Masterpiece Sinistcha
4. Wellspring Ogerpon
5. Hearthflame Ogerpon
6. Cornerstone Ogerpon

1. Terastal Terapagos

x. ?

Seems to have excluded Tera states, though those are a black mark for Khu now anyway
Maybe the X is referring to a Pokemon from outside of the mainline games, so it could be referring to a Pokemon that is released from Pokemon Go like Melmetal was.

Maybe the X is referring to a Pokemon from outside of the mainline games, so it could be referring to a Pokemon that is released from Pokemon Go like Melmetal was.
If you’re suggesting that it could just be referring to Roaming Form Gimmighoul, these hints were posted long after that form had already been revealed and distributed.

If you’re suggesting that it could just be referring to Roaming Form Gimmighoul, these hints were posted long after that form had already been revealed and distributed.
No, like a mythical who will become available for use in say the 2024 Pokemon games, but who will still debut in GO along with the next Pokemon movie. Which is stupid, just let us use it now instead of tempting us

I'm referring to a new mythical that gets the Hoopa treatment with a 600 BST form and also a 680 BST alternate form with both of them being Pokemon Go or New 2024 game releases.

I imagine the "x" is just to say "i know this has an alternate form, but I do not know how many" or "i don't know if this has an alternate form"

The real question is, what are the chances this is just generic Khu bs like the whole bug type legendary or Pk-hex-lite?
I like how people are happy to throw around "GameFreak is incompetent and needs to stop rushing their games" until Khu hints at something they later say was scrapped, at which point it is 'Khu BS' and not 'GF inability to stick the landing.' :P

(To be clear, as far as I remember the non-ogre/terapagos tera forms and Pk-hex lite were hinted at but allegedly scrapped, with 'Pk-Hex lite' being a definite over-exaggeration of an NPC that zeros out speed. Certainly worthy of a BS-esque label. I personally thought the grass vs bug hints for Hydrapple did seem questionable at the time).

The x was only in the hint for the forms (the 6 + 1 + x), not the number of mons, which was 7 + 8 + 1. The 'x' in the forms hint presumably just means that whatever that mon is it doesn't have a form (or at least didn't at time of hint). That said, if there really is a yet-to-be-revealed movie mythical, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets the Melmetal treatment and is only available in the 'non-traditional mainline' game(s) between SV and gen 10.

I'm of the opinion that the Ruinous Quartet aren't going to get a master of some sort. Would ruin (har har) the whole thematic parallel they have to the Chinese Four Perils. If we do get another mythical (which I still doubt, to be honest), I think it'd be more related to Koraidon/Miraidon/Cyclizar and the paradox phenomenon.
Any parallel the Ruinous Legends have to the Four Perils is shaky at best. The Four Perils are ill-defined, to the point where they are four people some of the time, and one of those people is represented by or even is depicted as in folk tales as a horse. (That one would be Gun, father of Yu and failed flood controller.)

Any parallel the Ruinous Legends have to the Four Perils is shaky at best. The Four Perils are ill-defined, to the point where they are four people some of the time, and one of those people is represented by or even is depicted as in folk tales as a horse. (That one would be Gun, father of Yu and failed flood controller.)
Who, looking at the Wikipedia page and trying to line them up with the Treasures of Ruin, seems to be Chi-Yu? Bizarre...

I like how people are happy to throw around "GameFreak is incompetent and needs to stop rushing their games" until Khu hints at something they later say was scrapped, at which point it is 'Khu BS' and not 'GF inability to stick the landing.' :P
And I'll point how I've always despised Khu and considered both his attitude awful and the fact he spouts a lot of "easy to change" riddles sus. Far too often it really just looks like Astrology throwing generic bait and then later saying "by the way this is what I meant".
It used to be better in the past, but his SV-related posts have been awful and kinda lost any respect I had for them.

:P

Last edited:
I have always disliked Khu's attitude but still defended him as a good source of leaks because of all the stuff he got right for both LA and SV pre-release. However after the big tera forms fiasco I don't think he's reliable anymore. And he probably knows this, that's why he has been tweeting a lot of "see, I told you" lately. He still got things right sure, but why bother solving vague riddles when the answer can be "none of them" (yeah I'm still not letting that go) or just be plain wrong? He kept talking a lot about tera forms and who would get them until suddenly claiming they are cut content, despite knowing beforehand that Waking Wake and Iron Leaves were going to be avaliable later before SV released. At this point I doubt unique tera forms for normal Pokemon were ever a thing. Which is weird because he even got things from The Teal Mask right, but still. There are no traces of it in the game that suggest otherwise (I do believe there is cut content of course like the Heath conversation, just not Tera forms)

Personally, I don't think any new mythical will be related to SV, I think that sadly the games are done in terms of truly new content (outside raids and such). I have seen people speculate it could be the gorilla from the book sketches but I doubt they would hide it in there given it's a page about normal Pokemon found in upper Area Zero levels like Pawmo. Then again they did just throw the new Paradox mons in there so I guess it wouldn't be that crazy.

I have always disliked Khu's attitude but still defended him as a good source of leaks because of all the stuff he got right for both LA and SV pre-release. However after the big tera forms fiasco I don't think he's reliable anymore. And he probably knows this, that's why he has been tweeting a lot of "see, I told you" lately. He still got things right sure, but why bother solving vague riddles when the answer can be "none of them" (yeah I'm still not letting that go) or just be plain wrong? He kept talking a lot about tera forms and who would get them until suddenly claiming they are cut content, despite knowing beforehand that Waking Wake and Iron Leaves were going to be avaliable later before SV released. At this point I doubt unique tera forms for normal Pokemon were ever a thing. Which is weird because he even got things from The Teal Mask right, but still. There are no traces of it in the game that suggest otherwise (I do believe there is cut content of course like the Heath conversation, just not Tera forms)

Personally, I don't think any new mythical will be related to SV, I think that sadly the games are done in terms of truly new content (outside raids and such). I have seen people speculate it could be the gorilla from the book sketches but I doubt they would hide it in there given it's a page about normal Pokemon found in upper Area Zero levels like Pawmo. Then again they did just throw the new Paradox mons in there so I guess it wouldn't be that crazy.
I feel like at least some of the stuff he got wrong might have been deliberate misinformation from Nintendo/Game Freak in an attempt to root out the leaker?

Fucker's been leaking shit for several games now and being an absolute dick while doing so. They probably want him gone yesterday.

Fucker's been leaking shit for several games now and being an absolute dick while doing so. They probably want him gone yesterday.
I'd say "yesnt", I've always considered leaks intentional by companies as they're free advertising pretty much. I even memed at times that Khu was Masuda himself making fun of the fans.
It's just possible whatever his source was, it's not reliable anymore.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm of the opinion that the Ruinous Quartet aren't going to get a master of some sort. Would ruin (har har) the whole thematic parallel they have to the Chinese Four Perils. If we do get another mythical (which I still doubt, to be honest), I think it'd be more related to Koraidon/Miraidon/Cyclizar and the paradox phenomenon.
People are forgetting it's also entirely possible this alleged new mythical won't be related to any Pokemon at all. We do have some mythicals who are related to existing legendary groups or legendaries, but they are often the minority, and most of them have no explicit relationship with any legendaries, much less a Pokemon in general, whatsoever. The only ones that do are Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, Keldeo, Diancie, and Pecharunt. That's a minority compared to all of the mythicals as a whole. The rest of the mythicals are standalone Pokemon who aren't in any way related to any other Pokemon.

Especially if the rumors are true that this alleged mythical is going to be the protagonist of a future movie, then this Pokemon is likely a standalone Pokemon that is likely made with the movie in mind, and most likely Liko in mind as well since she's the current protagonist of the anime and who this Pokemon will likely interact with in that regard.

I feel like at least some of the stuff he got wrong might have been deliberate misinformation from Nintendo/Game Freak in an attempt to root out the leaker?

The conspiracy theory I've heard (theory but it's funny to imagine) is that Khu had a legitimate source from someone with the game in the supply chain (like in China where the cartridges might be manufactured), but they got so sick of him using the riddles as publicity stunts off the info he was provided (while said source was sticking their neck out hard to get it too) that they started feeding him half or misinformation so that he'd make a fool of himself with the vagueposting when something inevitably came out 100% wrong and he couldn't backtrack it.

So a hypothetical example (as in illustrating with previous leak info but I cannot prove this specific example took place even believing the conspiracy theory) would be seeing Fickle Beam Hydrapple and Koraidon/Miraidon getting their Flight Ability (since their movement options are coded in game as forms), then telling Khu the Mascots get new forms in the same conversation or leak where he points out stuff like the "KimaguLaser" bit and Terapagos's forms. Khu then proceeds to leak the Terapagos Form info in the same breath as the actually-nothing-burger Forms for the Ride Pokemon because that makes a more engaging mystery to bait people with.

It's funny to think about for me at least because while I do enjoy discussing and speculating about leaked mechanics or Pokemon, Khu is a clown and attention magnet that wants to feel validated by people paying attention and playing his games.

I'd say "yesnt", I've always considered leaks intentional by companies as they're free advertising pretty much. I even memed at times that Khu was Masuda himself making fun of the fans.
It's just possible whatever his source was, it's not reliable anymore.
The conspiracy theory I've heard (theory but it's funny to imagine) is that Khu had a legitimate source from someone with the game in the supply chain (like in China where the cartridges might be manufactured), but they got so sick of him using the riddles as publicity stunts off the info he was provided (while said source was sticking their neck out hard to get it too) that they started feeding him half or misinformation so that he'd make a fool of himself with the vagueposting when something inevitably came out 100% wrong and he couldn't backtrack it.

So a hypothetical example (as in illustrating with previous leak info but I cannot prove this specific example took place even believing the conspiracy theory) would be seeing Fickle Beam Hydrapple and Koraidon/Miraidon getting their Flight Ability (since their movement options are coded in game as forms), then telling Khu the Mascots get new forms in the same conversation or leak where he points out stuff like the "KimaguLaser" bit and Terapagos's forms. Khu then proceeds to leak the Terapagos Form info in the same breath as the actually-nothing-burger Forms for the Ride Pokemon because that makes a more engaging mystery to bait people with.

It's funny to think about for me at least because while I do enjoy discussing and speculating about leaked mechanics or Pokemon, Khu is a clown and attention magnet that wants to feel validated by people paying attention and playing his games.
I've thought for a lot of the Gen 9 leak cycle that Khu is more likely to be a family member of an employee than an actual Game Freak/Creatures/etc. employee (most likely a Game Freak employee based on how many of his leaks correspond to the Pokedex pictures than the rest of the Pokemon graphics - claims that Iron Valiant uses a bow are reasonable from its Pokedex art, unreasonable from its official concept art (where it holds a staff with blades clearly facing different directions), technically ambiguous from its SV/HOME sprite (with blade arms), and unreasonable from its animations that Creatures Inc. worked on (where it swings a staff)). That would explain the inability to pin him down and suppress him.

Is ditto Really immune to webs, like If the webs setter is slower shouldnt ditto take the speed decrease After morphing?
Speed has no effect on hazards. When you switch in the hazards hit you, which in the case of Sticky Web means lowering Speed 1 stage. Then Imposter triggers and transforming copies the target's stat changes and wipes yours.

Why would you think it would get hit by the hazards again afterward?

I mean sometimes for example Iron valiant Will have quark atk when hit by sticky, otger times proto speed then hit by sticky.
Protosynthesis/Quark Drive have nothing to do with Imposter. When those trigger they activate a non-stat stage boost for whichever stat is the highest, counting stat stages in the calculation. Whether Iron Valiant gets a Speed or Attack boost depends on which stat is higher after the Speed drop from Sticky Web.

Ditto has nothing to do with that.

Against my better judgement I clicked on a TyranitarTube video about oh what if the mystery pokemon was being teased this entire time, and i was curious what it was; base game DID turn out to tease the Loyal 3 after all. One of his commenters pointed out there's a gorilla in Heath's journal

And after pulling out the game to check for myself like dang yeah you got me that's just a Gorilla huh.
Kinda interesting regardless

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I am not quite sure if I'd say that's intended to be the mythical because this page is specifically saying "Pokémon that appear regularly in the surface can also be found in Area Zero" so it'd be a bit weird for the mythical to just randomly be in there among the other regular guys

I am not quite sure if I'd say that's intended to be the mythical because this page is specifically saying "Pokémon that appear regularly in the surface can also be found in Area Zero" so it'd be a bit weird for the mythical to just randomly be in there among the other regular guys
Strictly speaking I don't think we even know it's a mythic (it's why i just called it a mystery Pokemon), but it's also a Pokemon that isn't actually on the surface normally anyway so it's already got clearance for something unusual assuming it's not something else (like a cut Pokemon or just an easter egg because they thought a realistic gorilla would be funny + fitting to put in an expedition journal)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)