SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

According to the code cracking discord the "PkHex-Lite" was a very exaggerated way of referring to a rusty bottle cap, not something more broadly useful. (I suppose it's possible, to the extent that any of this is accurate at all, it maybe it did start as something more ambitious, got pared back to rusty bottle cap, then scrapped entirely).

View attachment 584671
well, more stuff (source: pretentious dickwad centro)
EDIT 1: more stuff, but this time from light
View attachment 584673
well, well, well
I don't think Light knows anything, they are just a speculator throwing every idea they have at the wall.

According to the code cracking discord the "PkHex-Lite" was a very exaggerated way of referring to a rusty bottle cap, not something more broadly useful. (I suppose it's possible, to the extent that any of this is accurate at all, it maybe it did start as something more ambitious, got pared back to rusty bottle cap, then scrapped entirely).
I bring up the distribution as possibly having been in line with the hypothetical-pkhex-lite just because it seems there's some degree of customization for the Pokemon (& most notably, apparel) generated and feels like it would telephone into a better-than-it-sounds feature when put through the lens of Khu (assuming as you say it was ever accurate to begin with).
I don't think Light knows anything, they are just a speculator throwing every idea they have at the wall.
There's also no real connection between those items and those Pokemon
Like even aesthetically they dont align much at all. You could just slap them under most box legends...honestly I think if people weren't very Unova centric you would probably have people making earnest arguments about a return to Kalos (again).

I’ve always thought that the ”PkHex-lite” was supposed to be the HOME move reminder that was misinterperated as a DLC 2 feature but every time I’ve said this someone has told me that I am wrong without providing any proof that I am.

Can I finally get an explanation for why I am supposedly wrong?

I’ve always thought that the ”PkHex-lite” was supposed to be the HOME move reminder that was misinterperated as a DLC 2 feature but every time I’ve said this someone has told me that I am wrong without providing any proof that I am.

It's less a "proof that you are wrong" and more the case that the DLC released and there is no such feature.

So either it was never a thing, it was a thing and got cancelled, or it was confused for something else and similar (aka the Home functionality)

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I don't discard the possibility of that supposed pkhex feature just being Khu lying to create engagement. It wouldn't be the first time he has done that this gen - even recently he had been doing multiple "riddles" for Bug Hydrapple and that went nowhere either

As for the datamined Scarlet and Violet looking items, I don't discard the possibility of them being relevant for the DLC Epilogue. We could alternatively gain a smaller update during Pokémon Day (like how PLA got Massive Mass Outbreaks, the Photo Club being updated and adding Battle Facilities)

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Honestly a pkhex lite feature doesn’t even sound that crazy for a future update or game, I imagine it wouldn’t have anything crazy like creating mons or turning mons shiny, and everything else is already quite easy to obtain by grinding missions for an hour and a bit of luck with the printer, bottle caps, mints, ability capsules and vitamins let you customize everything and are fairly easy to obtain, the pkhex feature would only need to remove the grinding part of the process to be worth paying for, as the time consuming grinding is what makes people not want to use the ingame tools for the most part.

1703714405067.png

1703714522166.png

Because he specifically said it was for DLC and was still posting about it months after the HOME thing released. Also the first PKHex tweet was posted in October 2022 while the HOME stuff only popped up in May 2023.

I don't discard the possibility of that supposed pkhex feature just being Khu lying to create engagement. It wouldn't be the first time he has done that this gen - even recently he had been doing multiple "riddles" for Bug Hydrapple and that went nowhere either

As for the datamined Scarlet and Violet looking items, I don't discard the possibility of them being relevant for the DLC Epilogue. We could alternatively gain a smaller update during Pokémon Day (like how PLA got Massive Mass Outbreaks, the Photo Club being updated and adding Battle Facilities)
The epilogue is fully prepped in the game as it is, the pair of items aren't part of it.

If people are coming in expecting they do something with the unused items or them adding additional things besides the epilogue in January... Well
I think SCVI is done and if they wanted to add things like a battle facility they would've just added it with the DLC. The unused features or items will just be like the rest of unused features and items in every other pokemon game.

When Full Unova was mentioned, is it a term for the greater area that includes but is not limited to Isshu? Or is it just referring to the area that consists of downtown New York, which is just Isshu in Japanese?

When Full Unova was mentioned, is it a term for the greater area that includes but is not limited to Isshu? Or is it just referring to the area that consists of downtown New York, which is just Isshu in Japanese?
By "Full Unova", I mean not just the little patch of Unova we got this generation called Blueberry Academy.

There is substantial speculation in this thread of full Unova games this generation - I'm personally thinking B3W3 are the most likely (i.e. not remakes, also not quite seeing Legends: Kyurem). It would be fun seeing Drayton, Crispin, and Lacey in them, and maybe we'll finally see who Amarys is related to.

If people are coming in expecting they do something with the unused items or them adding additional things besides the epilogue in January... Well
I think SCVI is done and if they wanted to add things like a battle facility they would've just added it with the DLC. The unused features or items will just be like the rest of unused features and items in every other pokemon game.
Yeah I think the epilogue "update" is just going to be the bug fixes and unlocking the trigger for the epilogue (since its already there...)

It probably is meant to be the closest thing to Daybreak SV gets; the only difference is people deep in it know it exists before hand since they prepackaged it instead of waiting to push it out separately.

It is a shame, and somewhat baffling if we're being honest, that SV just....doesn't get a battle tower at all, though.

Yeah I think the epilogue "update" is just going to be the bug fixes and unlocking the trigger for the epilogue (since its already there...)

It probably is meant to be the closest thing to Daybreak SV gets; the only difference is people deep in it know it exists before hand since they prepackaged it instead of waiting to push it out separately.

It is a shame, and somewhat baffling if we're being honest, that SV just....doesn't get a battle tower at all, though.
It is labeled as an epilogue for the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, it's entirely possible there'll be a second wave of DLC next year.

It is labeled as an epilogue for the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, it's entirely possible there'll be a second wave of DLC next year.
Anything is technically possible, sure (& lord knows I'd rather more DLC so the next game can cook longer), but I think it is significantly more likely SV is just done (outside of bug fixes and raids and such) with the Epilogue's release and we go directly into the next game later this year.

It's less a "proof that you are wrong" and more the case that the DLC released and there is no such feature.

So either it was never a thing, it was a thing and got cancelled, or it was confused for something else and similar (aka the Home functionality)
For some reason, I remember people talking about something in the game that generated a wondercard and therefore a gift Pokemon, which might have been interpreted as the "PkHex feature". Did I misremember and make this up? Or was there any truth to this at all? (unused datamine, something that exists but can't be called by the player, something specific to Paradoxes, etc.)

For some reason, I remember people talking about something in the game that generated a wondercard and therefore a gift Pokemon, which might have been interpreted as the "PkHex feature". Did I misremember and make this up? Or was there any truth to this at all? (unused datamine, something that exists but can't be called by the player, something specific to Paradoxes, etc.)
It was Kaphotics on a new DLC gift structure that hasn't been used yet.

That's the customized distribution I was talking about earlier, to be clear, since Kaphotics theorized in a follow up tweet that the download is likely customizable to some extent

Will Pecharunt come with the epilogue update? Anyone have any good builds for it?

And a bit off topic, but does anyone know if they will ever fix the trading bugs? Scarlet and Violet seem to cancel a trade probably 1 in every 6 Pokemon for me. It gives a generic error, and you can try again and it goes through fine. Throughout all the updates it still happens. But when I go back to Sword or Shield, or Brilliant Diamond, or Let's Go, those always work 100% of the time.

Will Pecharunt come with the epilogue update? Anyone have any good builds for it?

And a bit off topic, but does anyone know if they will ever fix the trading bugs? Scarlet and Violet seem to cancel a trade probably 1 in every 6 Pokemon for me. It gives a generic error, and you can try again and it goes through fine. Throughout all the updates it still happens. But when I go back to Sword or Shield, or Brilliant Diamond, or Let's Go, those always work 100% of the time.
I believe that's the hack check smacking the other side.

There's none because it'll never be legal in VGC due to being a mythical.

You could try asking some of the OU players, I've seen someone mention potential builds somewhere in the main thread.

There's none because it'll never be legal in VGC due to being a mythical.

You could try asking some of the OU players, I've seen someone mention potential builds somewhere in the main thread.
This is not the VGC so you may contribute something for, well, anything involving multiplayer, be it regular 6v6, raids...

Checking poke-corpus (what a great thing this is https://abcboy101.github.io/poke-corpus/ ) I don't see at a glance those kind of lines, though it's a bit finnicky to find all of a character's dialog
We finally found who the zombies are.

Search for "mochi-mochi" in there and you get a text line/file with an NPC saying "Mochi-mochi!" ...And that NPC is labelled a zombie.

Turns out that every zombie in the Indigo Disk is a metaphorical, living one. ...Who's stuck dancing to the beat of Pecharunt's drum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)