SPOILERS! Scarlet and Violet Gameplay/Story Leaks

Didn't wind up being Nemona's parents though (Nemona's dad owns the Rotom Phone company, O'Nare owns Paldea Reality)
O’Nare is the woman, so Billy’s profession is still undefined. (Actually, this got me curious about what exactly was said about Nemona’s parents — as far as I can tell, they only say her dad is on the board of the Rotom Phone company, so even if he did own Paldea Realty, I could see him having his fingers in a few different pies… or at least, I could, if he didn’t seem like such a complete ditz.)

Meanwhile me, who thought it’d be cool to add a Dipplin to the team on my new save file thinking it’d be fun to have an evolution to look forward to in Part 2: :woo:

Last edited:
Geeta Round 2 will be the same team in the same layout but in the 85~95 level range and with held items and everyone will have to deal with the angry hot takes in every feasible thread.

The Team Star Sidequests reminds me, something I've thought even before the last update was that it feels like we're going to have some kind of race or obstacle course minigame we can do at the star bases. Like the star bases are really big and have all these scaffolding and ramps and stuff that you just uhhhh. Never interact with. When doing the star battles you never have to interact with any of the stuff and indeed there's no reason to do so. It's just this wide area that you could trim in half without losing anything.

Then the DLC trailer showed the flying minigame & the ogre oustin minigame, more stuff to use our ride Pokemon with. THen the update added icons for all the star bases but they don't do anything...but they also added icons for ogre oustin to fly straight there. We also had that bit in the trailer with a Giacomo from behind appearence in a new student outfit, so it definitely seemed like there would be sidequests involved....
so maybe that's the sidequest! You can go to the areas and do (?) in the star base using the full layouts, which does (?) for our star friends and caps their sidequest. Also they can become fly points.
Legit, with how the trainer levels scaled in DLC1, I would genuinely be unsurprised if they actually got to 100 here.

O’Nare is the woman, so Billy’s profession is still undefined. (Actually, this got me curious about what exactly was said about Nemona’s parents — as far as I can tell, they only say her dad is on the board of the Rotom Phone company, so even if he did own Paldea Realty, I could see him having his fingers in a few different pies… or at least, I could, if he didn’t seem like such a complete ditz.)
From how the two act I feel like Billy's occupation is basically professional assistant to O'Nare. And I know there's some brow waggling you can do about that but I mean it from the fact that he's the one who organizes all the trips and paperwork while shuttling her around.

At the very least I don't think we'd have gone through that entire quest line and not learn any connection to Nemona (working at the Rotom Phone company, some visual resemblance, reference to their house [which considering O'Nare's reactions she probably has a much bigger mansion lmao] in Poco, the fact they have two daughters....), if they were meant to be Nemona's parents.

Legit, with how the trainer levels scaled in DLC1, I would genuinely be unsurprised if they actually got to 100 here.
For a brief time I thought maybe those levels would still be the same ranges we'd see in Indigo Disk but considering those are the levels you get after completing the 3 stories and ID requires all 5 to be completed its like geeze we're seriously going to be seeing some ridiculously high leveled alolan sandshrew around the terrarium. If Terapagos is "Only" level 80 I'll be surprised!

That Level 86 Lampent has Red SHAKING in his boots

Another thought occured to me. Since it seems that Dipplin's evo is locked from normal access, as supported by dataminers and Khu....what if it's actually "Dokutaro"? That would thematically fit with Kieran as a character.

The guess is purely on the fact that the evolution is in the Blueberry Dex but the rest of the line isn't.

An equally valid (arguably MORE valid, honestly) guess is that Dipplin2 is in the dex but the pre-evos aren't is because it's very literal: Dipplin2 is in the dex because Kieren uses it (& its when we first get access to it) but the rest of Applin line isn't used or found by anyone. Basically the same idea floated for Ursaluna in Kitakami, but less aggravating in implementation.

Another thought occured to me. Since it seems that Dipplin's evo is locked from normal access, as supported by dataminers and Khu....what if it's actually "Dokutaro"? That would thematically fit with Kieran as a character.
I think it'd be less Dokutaro itself, and moreso Kieran using Dokutaro's power to force Dipplin to evolve again. This could explain why Dipplin's breaking stage parity with Flapple and Appletun; its evolution is technically not supposed to exist.

Put it in the proper thread this time... the mention of a Professor side quest in that post above, makes me think it will be the other Professor. They are, as far as we know, still alive they just walked out of "our" Professor & Arven's life when he was still really young. So high potential for more family trauma for poor Arven!

I think it'd be less Dokutaro itself, and moreso Kieran using Dokutaro's power to force Dipplin to evolve again. This could explain why Dipplin's breaking stage parity with Flapple and Appletun; its evolution is technically not supposed to exist.
If it's Dokutaro fueled kind of wonder if it might go from Grass/Dragon to Poison/Dragon and get Toxic Chain

Applin/Dipplin's fruit theming, even if it's not the same one, brings the supposed Dokutaro to mind but I'm not entirely sold on the "unnatural" idea for the evolution, if only because TPC seems very resistant to battling things you cannot obtain/use in-game in some form during regular gameplay (outside of scripted stuff like Pokestar Studios or Orre Battle Bingo, the only totally-unusable Battle subject I can think of is specifically-Eternamax Eternatus), and that raises quandary about how the player obtains one themselves in this case (taking Kieran's implies him screwing up to an unforgivable degree compared to the amiable adoption of Nebby from Lillie) if the method is supposed to be wrong (like the speculated Toxic Chain involvement) rather than a normal thing that Kieran does for bad reason.

Unrelated but I expect the theme to be the Dipplin worms moving into a Green Apple or such, obvious visual metaphor for Kieran souring on the player.

Haven't been able to rid this more out there theory from my head, so...

What if Ogerpon is a bespoke, one-of-a-kind Pokemon created by Terapagos (possibly in tandem with "Dokutaro") as wish/request fulfillment?

As far as I've heard, Ogerpon's trainer was merely not from Kitakami and clearly looked like an outsider. Saying that trainer is from Paldea is not a bad guess considering all the Tera crystals they dumped in the lake. It's implied that even auto-Terastallization of wild Pokemon outside the Great Crater of Paldea may have only started occurring after Prof. Sada/Turo started their research (although it's also said that Tera Raid dens are merely created from the Great Crater's power "leaking over time"), so it's very possible that Ogerpon's trainer went into the Great Crater themselves to get Tera crystals since they're from before the Professor's time.

And while they're getting Tera crystals, if they bump into Terapagos (in not-lazy mode)...why not try to get one more boon while they're at it?

There's no word of Ogerpon's kind using to exist in Paldea, which is often a sign that kind is very reclusive or very rare (or at least the real-life equivalent is - note recently scientifically discovered animals like the Laotian Rock Rat being mentioned by the locals as "bush meat" for ages, implying the common, non-reclusive animals get pegged by the locals far earlier than "undiscovered until just now"). What about so rare that the only Ogerpon in this Pokeverse is the one who moved to Kitakami?

Someone with a powerful enough imagination (think Takato from Digimon Tamers coming up with Guilmon) can easily come up with a cute, starry-eyed, horned, orange-inspired "fakemon", request one in front of Terapagos, and watch that "fakemon" become real.

It's implied that you have good reason to go back to Kitakami in the Indigo Disk and talk to the newly appeared zombies (and maybe hit up Perrin one more time); maybe one reason is to investigate more of Terapagos's handicraft...and that handicraft isn't just Toxic Chains.

Applin/Dipplin's fruit theming, even if it's not the same one, brings the supposed Dokutaro to mind but I'm not entirely sold on the "unnatural" idea for the evolution, if only because TPC seems very resistant to battling things you cannot obtain/use in-game in some form during regular gameplay (outside of scripted stuff like Pokestar Studios or Orre Battle Bingo, the only totally-unusable Battle subject I can think of is specifically-Eternamax Eternatus), and that raises quandary about how the player obtains one themselves in this case (taking Kieran's implies him screwing up to an unforgivable degree compared to the amiable adoption of Nebby from Lillie) if the method is supposed to be wrong (like the speculated Toxic Chain involvement) rather than a normal thing that Kieran does for bad reason.

Unrelated but I expect the theme to be the Dipplin worms moving into a Green Apple or such, obvious visual metaphor for Kieran souring on the player.
Oh I definitely think you'd be able to get a theoretical "Dokupplin" within normal gameplay, but I imagine it'd be a super special "once per save file" thing

Oh I definitely think you'd be able to get a theoretical "Dokupplin" within normal gameplay, but I imagine it'd be a super special "once per save file" thing
Well the once-per part is where I think things get a bit fishy. If Kieran's Dipplin evolving into "Dokupplin" is framed as a consequence of Kieran doing something rash or in connection with Toxic Dokutao influence, then the player doing the same to another Dipplin is tricky to work in, while taking Kieran's Dokupplin as the one-off poses other problems. The best explanation I can come up with as noted is to just be a general "Sour Apple" themed Pokemon and not really having a direct/mechanical connection to Kieran becoming toxic.

If Dokutaro is in some fashion responsible for Dipplin2 I think the evolution method will still be repeatable just annoying
Like you have to give it the "doku peach" item that you can only occasionally find in <location>. And by occasionally I mean super rare. *sighs in Peat Blocks*

At this point I now just fully expect Kieran to just go full Shonen Jump villain. Just put him together with the likes of Madara and Shigaraki, it'll be perfect.

At this point, we know all the members of the 8+1 hint from Khu. Terapagos, Paradox Entei, Raging Bolt, Paradox Terrakion, Iron Crown, Archaludon, the Dipplin evolution, the Chimecho evolution, and Dokutaro, whatever his true name is, are the 9 new Pokemon to be released with the Indigo Disk.

I wonder if it's even possible to make a Chimecho evolution good. Will they just give the Fairy typing to it and boost its offensive stats and HP to make it an offensive version of Scream Tail?

Last edited:
At this point, we know all the members of the 8+1 hint from Khu. Terapagos, Paradox Entei, Raging Bolt, Paradox Terrakion, Iron Crown, Archaludon, the Dipplin evolution, the Chimecho evolution, and Dokutaro, whatever his true name is, are the 9 new Pokemon to be released with the Indigo Disk.

I wonder if it's even possible to make a Chimecho evolution good. Will they just give the Fairy typing to it and boost its offensive stats and HP to make it an offensive version of Scream Tail?
I don’t think the theorized Chimecho evolution is a lock yet, unless I’ve missed something in the last couple days.

I don’t think the theorized Chimecho evolution is a lock yet, unless I’ve missed something in the last couple days.
I remember it being stated that Chimecho was featured in a promo along crossgen evolutions with it being the only one without an evolution, which suggests that Chimecho is getting an evolution.

Additionally, here's one of Khu's hints regarding which Pokemon is the ace:
That girl is the Fairy-type Elite 4 member, and as far as I know, there's no way those other pokemon that are part of the hint are getting a Fairy-type evolution.

Khu also said, " why do cute girls not like cute things these days", which suggests that Chimecho gets an evolution and becomes big and menacing/intimidating or just outright ugly.

I remember it being stated that Chimecho was featured in a promo along crossgen evolutions with it being the only one without an evolution, which suggests that Chimecho is getting an evolution.

That girl is the Fairy-type Elite 4 member, and as far as I know, there's no way those other pokemon that are part of the hint are getting a Fairy-type evolution.

Khu also said, " why do cute girls not like cute things these days", which suggests that Chimecho gets an evolution and becomes big and menacing/intimidating or just outright ugly.
I remember another post here indicating that nothing prevents the Blueberry Elite 4 from "doing it Paldean Gym Leader style" and picking an ace that does not share their specialty type. Just because Drayton's ace is implied to be an Archaludon that pulls a Hassel's Baxcalibur (i.e. is a part-Dragon-type that goes Tera Dragon) doesn't mean that the other aces have to follow suit.

Khu also recently said "remember, she likes big boys," with a pic of the BB E4, which is most likely referring to Lacey and not the steel trainer. Since Lacey looks to be related to Clay, a decent guess is that she uses a ground type like Golurk and terastalizes it to fairy, more like the Paldea gym leaders rather than the paldea E4.

https://x.com/Riddler_Khu/status/1702437698156519673?s=20

Yeah, that’s the evidence that people have been speculating about. But I don’t think it’s solid enough for us to say we know a Chimecho evolution is coming.

Archaludon, Terapagos, Raging Bolt, and Iron Crown = all confirmed and shown in official material

Dipplin evo = Dipplin gets a boost from Eviolite so on top of all of the unofficial clues, we know it’s most likely going to evolve

Dokutaro = Its codename and actual image asset were found in the datamine, and there’s a plush version of it at Peachy’s in the Teal Mask

Paradox Entei and Terrakion = Khu has confirmed that they exist, plus, like… it’s just kinda obvious that they’re going to complete the Paradox trios

Chimecho evo = Right now it’s just speculation based on its inclusion in a promo image among other unevolved Pokémon (but the idea could just as well have been small Pokémon) and a vague Khu hint that *might* mean Lacey uses one

To be clear, I do think the evidence for a Chimecho evo is somewhat compelling. I’m just saying that unlike the other eight, we don’t know for sure that it’s going to be a thing. The “8+1” clue could mean that the 8 are the ones we already know for certain while the +1 is like, a Mythical or something.

Has it been completely eliminated that the +1 in "7+8+1" does not, in fact, refer to Ursaluna-BloodMoon?
The “6+1+x” clue is seemingly the blueprint for alternate forms

1. Bloodmoon Ursaluna
2. Artisan Form Poltchageist
3. Masterpiece Form Sinistcha
4. Wellspring Mask Ogerpon
5. Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon
6. Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon

1. Terastal Form Terapagos

x. ???

Plus, Khu recently said this: “Well, by far, I see no correct speculation of 7+8+‘1’, that 1, is a very purposeful pokemon.” That seems to suggest that the 1 is a new Pokémon species that we haven’t figured out yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)