SPOILERS! Scarlet and Violet Gameplay/Story Leaks

Didn’t play the English version, but Arven says before the fight against Scream Tail that it’s something like this that attacked him. Do not have the exact quote but does it mean Mabosstiff was attacked by Jigglypuff.
Ok my bad, french's wasn't that clear
In the English version it's just mentioned in a walking scene in the crater before you meet the paradoxes. All he says after the mandatory paradox battle is "No kidding..." and he doesn't react specifically to any other mon that appears during the other story sequences, even allowing Mabosstiff to fight them off, so it's probably not one of them.
Text File : atlantis_talk_03
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last time I came to the Great Crater, I was trying\nto go see my mom...[VAR 0114(0006)]
Last time I came to the Great Crater, I was trying\nto go see my dad...[VAR 0114(0006)]
I got about this far, then I got attacked by some\nkind of creature I’d never seen before.[VAR 0114(0006)]
Really? What kind of Pokémon was it?![VAR 0114(0004)]
It wasn’t even like a Pokémon. More like this\ncrazy-violent, rampaging sort of thing...[VAR 0114(0006)]
It wasn’t even like a Pokémon. More like this\ncrazy-weird, metallic, machine thing...[VAR 0114(0006)]
You sure it wasn’t just a Pokémon that’s a little\nmore, I dunno, rampagey than average?[VAR 0114(0004)]
You sure it wasn’t just a Pokémon that’s a little\nmore, I dunno, roboty than average?[VAR 0114(0004)]
Yeah, I’m sure! It was like a completely different\ncreature altogether![VAR 0114(0006)]
And it hurt Mabosstiff real bad, so it’s not like I’d\njust forget![VAR 0114(0006)]
I don’t ever want to run into that awful thing\nagain...[VAR 0114(0006)]
It was that strong, huh?[VAR 0114(0004)]
Then I really hope I get to see it![VAR 0114(0004)]
...That’s what I figured you’d say.[VAR 0114(0006)]
You’re real tactless sometimes, Nemona.\nYou know that?[VAR 0114(0008)]
Since this dialogue can pop up around this rocky cliff area where Iron Thorns and Sandy Shocks exclusively spawn, I figure that Mabosstiff was attacked and paralyzed by them.
1672179477387.png

On a different note, there is an unused line about the league challenge NPC giving multiple items in sub_042 as well as congratulating you between checking the number of battles.
Text File : sub_042
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello there! I’m a Pokémon League rep!\nBeen having some nice Pokémon battles?
[VAR BD06(0000)]Well, good news: if you can defeat [VAR 0201(0002)] Trainer[VAR 1101(0002,0100)]s\nhere\r\n[VAR 01D3(0001)],\r\nthere’s\r\na\r\nlovely\r\nprize\r\nwith\r\nyour\r\nname\r\non it!
So far, you’ve defeated [VAR 0201(0003)] Trainer[VAR 1101(0003,0100)]s here\n[VAR 01D3(0001)]!
Once you defeat [VAR 0201(0002)] Trainer[VAR 1101(0002,0100)]s, you’ll get a\nlovely prize!
Excellent job! You’ve racked up a nice number\nof wins there!
On behalf of the Pokémon League, here’s your\nlovely prize.
And here—have this, too!
We’re holding this challenge for other areas\naround Paldea, too. Stop by and try them!
Thanks for taking part in our challenge!

The Pokemon League building being turned into a Battle Tower would make sense; you can still talk to the guy outside the building, it has the fancy top battle court that would be ideal for "end of streak" or "tower boss(es)", the battle court inside the facility has a certain sterility to it that kind of fites facility vibes, especially the older ones.

On a different note, there is an unused line about the league challenge NPC giving multiple items in sub_042 as well as congratulating you between checking the number of battles.
The Pokemon League building being turned into a Battle Tower would make sense; you can still talk to the guy outside the building, it has the fancy top battle court that would be ideal for "end of streak" or "tower boss(es)", the battle court inside the facility has a certain sterility to it that kind of fites facility vibes, especially the older ones.
I wouldn't exclude one of the DLCs or even just a free patch to bring over some kind of facility.
After all, we got respectively the league tournament and Restricted Sparring (as well as, I guess, Dynamax Adventures) later.

I wouldn't exclude one of the DLCs or even just a free patch to bring over some kind of facility.
After all, we got respectively the league tournament and Restricted Sparring (as well as, I guess, Dynamax Adventures) later.
it's what i've been floating for a while.

Either a Free DLC like what Legends Arceus got (Path of Tenacity, Path of Solitude and more relevantly the Endless Reverie) or rolled into the DLC adding "value" to the Pass and also adding "endless angry discourse" to discussion! what a bargain

or rolled into the DLC adding "value" to the Pass and also adding "endless angry discourse" to discussion! what a bargain
See, this!!! This is how I know we're DEFINITELY getting the widely-requested Southern Kalos DLC
It's the only way for us to go to the Battle Maison in a third unrelated game!

I would not complain honestly I just think it would be funny

edit: ... but yeah, in total seriousness, both SwSh and Legends added new battle facilities in their DLC - I've been assuming that's a given for SV's as well, to be honest!
I'm interested in what they're setting up for the DLC this time already and it's very likely I would get it either way, so I don't really mind too much if this is just being put off, personally - I feel like the main game was more than solid enough on its own to justify itself and I say this after having had BIG problems with basically everything about SwSh, as anyone who has been in a room with me for five minutes knows, and I kinda get that the audience for battle facilities like this is more niche than other things and understand it not being the top priority for launch.
With battle facilities in general having a smaller audience than other things, I can sorta understand wanting them to be a DLC thing from a development point of view, so you can see who is actually interested in paying for it by itself and also not sacrifice parts of the initial launch to make it work? and like, with how much fun I personally have with them and how much longevity they add to the game, I think it's definitely worth it as long as it's done well enough/it kind of is just like buying another whole game to me, as silly as that probably sounds to someone who isn't a fan of them. I would just appreciate the option existing!

I would definitely rather it be done right, eventually, than have something as non-compelling as the SwSh Tower in the base game and just nothing at all afterwards; maybe this way they'll do something fun and properly streak-based and have more main-game characters as minibosses like the Tree and BDSP Tower : D
Both of SwSh's DLC facilities really did look fun to me, too - I was just kinda too done with the rest of SwSh and kept getting sick from the Wild Area camera so I was intimidated and turned off that the whole DLC would be like that, but hey, I played SV and managed a lot better than I thought, so either the camera controls are getting way stabler or I am getting better at coping with them and either way is a win for me : D to justify getting the DLC for myself, so I never actually got to try them firsthand OTL - so I trust there will be something creative in this area when the DLC comes and that adds a lot of life to the postgame for me!

and honestly, if there's not a badly-done, non-engaging Tower like SwSh's that misses the appeal of battle facilities in the base game to nominally fill the void, that's just all the more reason to hope they're still working on a well-made Tower comeback for those of us who care it's not like SwSh were ever going to make a "real" basic Battle Tower in the DLC when the Tower already nominally existed and was just bad, because I genuinely do really like those and I know I would sink a crazy amount of time into it this Gen as usual--

Last edited:
What I meant was about the NPCs at centres or towers that give you an item for beating a number of trainers in the area that serebii generally calls the "League Challenge", but seems more commonly referred to as the league rep NPC. They all give you one item and don't actually say the "Excellent job" line when you talk to them with the required number of trainers.

Reactions: R_N
What I meant was about the NPCs at centres or towers that give you an item for beating a number of trainers in the area that serebii generally calls the "League Challenge", but seems more commonly referred to as the league rep NPC. They all give you one item and don't actually say the "Excellent job" line when you talk to them with the required number of trainers.
Ahhh I misinterprted it. That makes more sense.

Also This is a bit of a side step here, but are all the Area Zero text files codenamed "Atlantis"? That's cute.

Also This is a bit of a side step here, but are all the Area Zero text files codenamed "Atlantis"? That's cute.
Yeah, it seems like that's what the area is named internally based on SciresM's tweet here.

Here are more miscellaneous observations from the text dumps.
There is an unused line for level in the section in the common text for when you get the objectives added to your Y map. It looks like it could have fit in next to the type icons.
Text File : ymap_mission_add
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Pokémon Gym locations have been added\nto your map app!\c
The Team Star bases have been added to your\nmap app!\c
The Titans’ lairs have been added to your\nmap app!\c
Lv. [VAR 0202(0000)]
1672347403194.png
1672347442512.png

Note: the JPN_KANJI version of the common text has some more ymap related text files than the other languages for some reason. Things like the blurbs for each map objective before they're cleared are part of this too, and I know they exist in the game but they aren't there in the other language script dumps for some reason.

Text File : ymap_main
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
選ぶ
もどる
マップを回す
[~ 3]
もっと見る
閉じる
推奨レベル
I mention this because the line "推奨レベル" translates to "recommended level", so this info might have been planned to be shown on the map at some point but in the end it didn't happen.

Text File : leaguecard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Herba Mystica Collected
Badges Collected
The league card file has an unused line referring to Herba Mystica Collected.

Text File : original_book
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Herba Mystica
Area Zero was home to wondrous\nherbs that instantly impart vigor\nwhen eaten. We dubbed them Herba\nMystica and attempted to grow some\nin areas around Paldea. However,\nbefore we could harvest, the\nherbs were eaten by Pokémon—\nwhich in turn grew large and strong.\nWe call these Titan Pokémon.
[~ 34]
[~ 35]

An Imagined Pokémon
A drawing of a fantastical Pokémon\nas envisioned by our sketch artist.\nThe size and ferocity of the strange\nPokémon that dwell in Area Zero’s\nlower reaches tickled the artist’s\nimagination, prompting this sketch\nof what other species that inhabit\nthese depths might look like.
An Imagined Pokémon
A drawing of a fantastical Pokémon\nas envisioned by our sketch artist.\nThe compactness and cruelty of the\nstrange Pokémon that dwell in Area\nZero’s lower reaches tickled the\nartist’s imagination, prompting this\nsketch of what other species that\ninhabit these depths might look like.
The Legendary Treasure
Monsters of Area Zero
The Great Crater of Paldea
Area Zero: Cartograph
About the Author
The Adventure into Area Zero
Pokémon of Area Zero
Our Generous Sponsor
Mysterious Plates
Herba Mystica
[~ 54]
An Imagined Pokémon
A Phantom Memory
A ■isk P■é■n?
Put away the book
The Scarlet/Violet book have placeholder lines for a page between Herba Mystica and An Imagined Pokemon.

Text File : event_pokename
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pikachi
This is ピカチ in Japanese.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Text File : 3poke_walk.dat
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[~ 0]
[~ 1]
[~ 2]
[~ 3]
[~ 4]
[~ 5]
[~ 6]
[~ 7]
[~ 8]
[~ 9]
[~ 10]
[~ 11]
[~ 12]
[~ 13]
[~ 14]
[~ 15]
[~ 16]
[~ 17]
3poke_walk probably refers to the start of the game where you walk with the 3 pokemon but it's just full of placeholder lines.

script said:
Text File : shop
You don’t have enough money, dear... Perhaps\nstudent services can offer you some support?\c
You don’t have enough LP, dear... Remember,\nyou can always pay in cash if you need to.\c
Every store has text for not being able to afford what you pay for with cash or LP, though the menus stop you from going above your maximum between the two either way. Most of these are the same but replacing "money" with LP, but the school store actually has a different sentence afterwards.

common said:
That’s the last pair we have in stock in that\nstyle—it’s very popular! It’ll be [VAR 0206(0000,002C)].
You won’t be able to wear these shoes with your\ncurrent outfit, but the design is very popular.\r\nIt’ll be [VAR 0206(0000,002C)] for our last pair in stock.
[VAR BD06(0000)]Would you like to wear your new\n[VAR 01C1(0000)]\r\nright\r\naway?
Thank you very much for your purchase.
I’m afraid that design is sold out. In fact, I\nbelieve you yourself bought the last pair.
Various clothing stores have slightly different dialogue, but Zapaldea Footwear is one of the only ones specifying that you are actually buying the last pairs of clothing in the store and saying they are sold out when you try to buy another copy instead of saying you already own it. The other store that does the latter is Delibird Presents when selling Rotom Phone cases.

Text File : stopper.dat
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can head this way later.
You should see what you can find by exploring\nthe academy!
You’re not quite ready to go to school yet.
You need to take these three Pokémon to your\nneighbor’s house down the way!
[VAR BD06(0000)]Wait, [VAR 0100(0000)]! You gotta\nchoose\r\na\r\nPokémon![VAR 0114(0004)]
Miss Nemona awaits you at the beach, I believe.[VAR 0114(000A)]
You haven’t chosen a Pokémon yet! Better go tell\nthe director which one you want.
Hroof hroof! Grarf!
You hear Houndoom barking an awful lot.\nMaybe you’d better not go in there.
Things look dangerous ahead.\nBetter not get too close.
Nemona’s waiting for you! Better head toward\nthe academy!
The door is locked!
*beeeeeep* *krrrzt*
Back up, kid! You can’t just casually waltz in here\nlike you’re one of us stars that run the joint![VAR 0114(002F)]
If you want in, ring the bell over by the entrance\nand storm the base like a decent person![VAR 0114(002F)]
[~ 15]
[~ 16]
The elevator doors are shut tight.
Try using the panel down below to open the gate\nto the Zero Lab.
You should go see if that Pokémon is all right!
You’re still in the middle of the Gym Test!\nBetter not go in the Gym right now.
The "stopper" dialogue mostly consists of the forced segments at the start and end and also the Star base respawn text.

Text File : lastbattle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are challenged by AI Sada!
Paradise Protection Protocol initialized.
You a?e challen?ed by A? S?da!
You are challenged by AI S■da!
Yo■ are ch■ll-n?ed by AI Sa■a!
Yo■ are ch■ll-?ged by A SaD■?on■ol!
You ar■ challenged ■y t Para■da Pro■on Proto■l!
You are challeng■d by the P■radise Pro■tion Protocol!
You are challen?ed by the Paradise Protec?ion Protocol!
You are challenged by the Paradisada ProtecProtecProtec
You are challenged by the Paradise Protection Protocol!
You are c?alleng■d by the Paradise ■otection P?otocol!
AI Sada has no intention of fighting any more!
■I Sada has no int■ntion of fi■hting any m■e!
You are challenged by the Para■ise Protection Protocol!
■ou are challenged ■y the Para■ise Protection Protocol!
You are challenged by the Paradise Protection Protocol!\c

You are challenged by AI Turo!
Paradise Protection Protocol initialized.
You a?e challen?ed by A? T?ro!
You are challenged by AI T■ro!
Yo■ are ch■ll-n?ed by AI Tu■o!
Yo■ are ch■ll-?ged by A TuD■?on■ol!
You ar■ challenged ■y t Para■ro Pro■on Proto■l!
You are challeng■d by the P■radise Pro■tion Protocol!
You are challen?ed by the Paradise Protec?ion Protocol!
You are challenged by the Paradituro ProtecProtecProtec
You are c?alleng■d by the Paradise ■otection P?otocol!
AI Turo has no intention of fighting any more!
■I Turo has no int■ntion of fi■hting any m■e!
You are challenged by the Para■ise Protection Protocol!
■ou are challenged ■y the Para■ise Protection Protocol!
You are challenged by the Paradise Protection Protocol!\c
This opening text for the final battle cycles through really quickly normally, but each line is all represented here with glitchy symbols and all. "Paradisada" and the capital D being inserted in the 6th line seems to work better with Sada than Turo. Maybe they could've gone with "Proturocol" and a capital R instead.

Seems as relevant here as anywhere else, but the anime today had an interesting Pokemon show up

It's pretty obviously related to Terapagos. I'm guessing it's a pre-evolution rather than a form change.

Also, while thinking about the DLC, I noticed that the other day that the logo for the DLC has 4 different symbols than the base game's logo.

I'm really curious what all these symbols wind up meaning/representing. You can spot a few of the base game symbols here & there in Area Zero/the Book, so I expect we'll get some question.

It's also interesting ot me how while the base game logos have a very "ancient" aesthetic, the dlc favors a more "modern" aesthetic. I wonder if the new Area Zero area will play into the technology side of "place out of time" (where the area we traversed favored more an "ancient out of time").

I don't know what the anime said about this mon, but I'm actually thinking there's a chance that baby turtle mon here is neither a pre-evolution nor a form change, but the original and Terapagos is The Very First Paradox (an either future or neutral Paradox of baby turtle mon). That would explain why Terapagos is connected to the Paradoxes and the Scarlet/Violet Books probably depict Terapagos - and it even still leaves open the question of whether Terapagos creates Paradoxes. It also explains how Terapagos got the type symbols on its back - I consider it quite unlikely that Terapagos is a tutelary folk hero who taught humanity type symbols, and significantly more likely that humanity created all the type symbols and (somehow) put them on Terapagos's back.

I would guess terapagos is not a paradox form of baby turtle, since that'd be too similar to cyclizar and the raidons' story. Not impossible, but seems unlikely to me.

While the design does give me prevo vibes, it would be a tad annoying for living dex purposes unless they give out a second one in the story. I still need to do a third run of swsh at some point to get a new kubfu.

It's cool that they actually showed it off as a surprise though. Now we get to wait and see if they will progressively reveal info about it in the show before the DLC comes out.

Also, while thinking about the DLC, I noticed that the other day that the logo for the DLC has 4 different symbols than the base game's logo.

I'm really curious what all these symbols wind up meaning/representing. You can spot a few of the base game symbols here & there in Area Zero/the Book, so I expect we'll get some question.
Bottom left is definitely the blueberry academy logo, but the others aren't as obvious, yeah. Presumably one of them is ogrepon's mask... maybe bottom right?

Here are some more minor text comparisons between the patches and their changed text, once again based on Abcboy's text dumps on Bulbapedia.

For some reason the placeholder text lines have gone from listing their line number to just listing the total number of lines in the file, so anything like [ ~ 1/2/3] will now all be [ ~ 21/21/21] universally.

Some blank files in the script were removed and some were rearranged, but overall it seems there haven't been any actual textual changes to the story script.

1.1.0 to 1.2.0: common text (English)

Diff:
-This Battle Team is locked. You can’t remove this Pokémon.
-This Battle Team is locked. Items can’t be given or taken.
-This Battle Team is locked. You can’t change any Pokémon’s markings now.
-This Battle Team is locked. You can’t register any new Pokémon to it now.
+This Battle Team is locked. You can’t remove this Pokémon right now.
+This Battle Team is locked. Items can’t be given or taken right now.
+This Battle Team is locked. You can’t change any Pokémon’s markings right now.
+This Battle Team is locked. You can’t register any new Pokémon to it right now.
Locked battle team errors have universally been changed to add "right now".

Diff:
-You can’t trade this Pokémon in Surprise Trade, because this Pokémon is special.
+You can’t trade this Pokémon in Surprise Trade, because this Pokémon is special!
An exclamation mark was added to this message when you can't trade an event mon in Surprise Trade.

Diff:
-You can also take part in Official Competitions—special competitions with specific, preset rules. These competitions’ schedules and rules are published on the official Pokémon website.
-To take part in a competition, you’ll need to complete an official entry. You’ll also need to register your Battle Team at the same time.
+You can also take part in Official Competitions—special competitions with specific, preset rules. These competitions’ schedules and rules will be shared in the News section in the Poké Portal.
+To take part in a competition, you’ll need to complete your entry and register your Battle Team at the same time.
Some rewordings and a retcon of where the competition rules would be posted from now on.

Diff:
-This Battle Team has been locked because it’s\nparticipating in a Live Competition. It can’t be\r\nused right now.\c
+[~ 45]
The last mention of the Live Competition has been removed.
Diff:
-The user throws its entire body into a reckless charge. Attacks from opposing Pokémon during the next turn cannot miss and will inflict double damage.
+The user throws its entire body into a reckless charge. After this move is used, attacks on the user cannot miss and will inflict double damage until the user’s next turn.
Glaive Rush's move description has been reworded to be more accurate to specify that it's a debuff on the user rather than a buff to the enemy.

Diff:
-[~ 1044]
+Blazing sunlight has brought out the true form and powers of this Pokémon.
For some reason Alolan Exeggutor's pokedex entry was added in 1.2.0.

Diff:
Text File : competition_organize
-Please select the number of battles players can have in a day.
+Please set the number of battles players can have.
-Max [VAR 0201(0000)] battle[VAR 1101(0000,0100)]s
+[VAR 0201(0000)] battle[VAR 1101(0000,0100)]s max
+Your time: Unlimited
+Total time: Unlimited
Some minor text fixes plus some new lines about unlimited time.
1684206923111.png

1.2.0 to 1.3.0: common text
Diff:
-
+There is a problem with the participating Pokémon.
-Please wait as you are until the start time.
+Please wait until the start time.
More minor text fixes about competitions.

Diff:
-Blazing sunlight has brought out the true form and powers of this Pokémon.
+[~ 1126]
As Alolan Exeggutor's dex entry came in 1.2.0, it disappeared in 1.3.0 once again.

Diff:
-They fight each other by locking horns. The herd’s protector takes pride in its battle-scarred horns.
+They fight each other by locking horns. The herd’s protectors take pride in their battle-scarred horns.
Kantonian Tauros's Violet pokedex entry has been reworded to note that the herd has multiple protectors. The original entry previously dates back to Gold.

So I felt these were generally more in the spirit of a Gameplay/Story leak than a Data/Mechanic leak since it's mostly about lore and characters, but Khu has been back to his riddles and today he decided to imply a new rfake.
1689306408863.png

A lot of replies were mentioning the idea of a watermelon Koffing, and it seems to be because of this rumour from 4chan (archive), which I will further refer to as the watermelon Koffing post because that's the image they used.
1689306605933.png

One of my friends is an employee of an outsourced company that works on the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC.

There will be a total of 15 new Pokemon in the DLC, 7 for the Teal Mask and 8 for the Indigo Disc.

*The Teal Mask*

Munkidori's type is Poison/Psychic, Fezandipiti's type is Poison/Fairy, and finally Okidogi's type is Poison/Fighting. Ogerpon's type is just pure Grass.

The Loyal Three will transform into masks for Ogerpon to wear, the fusion form's concept is similar to Necrozma. You will gain access to the special tera power in the Indigo Disk DLC that will allow Masked-Ogerpon (Ogerpon fused with the Loyal Three) to transform into its Oni form, which has higher stats and gains the Ghost/Dark typing.

One of the new Pokemon in the Teal Mask DLC is a Watermelon Pokemon that looks exactly the same as Koffing. This Pokemon evolves into another new Pokemon that is basically just a Watermelon version of Weezing, both of these new Pokemon share the Water/Grass type.

The last new Pokemon in Teal Mask DLC is a new evolution for a Pokemon called Crawdaunt. It looks like a more large and fierce version of Crawdaunt, but it still keeps the same type.

*The Indigo Disk*

In the Indigo Disk DLC, you'll meet the Grandson of Drayden. He looks like a delinquent, but he's actually a very nice and caring person. Upon learning about Terapagos, you will revisit Area Zero with him, Kieran, and a new female teacher from Blueberry Academy that looks similar to Adaman.

A new area that is inside of Area Zero will be unlocked. In Pokemon Scarlet, you will meet the Paradox forms of Entei and Raikou, while in Pokemon Violet, you will meet the Paradox forms of Terrakion and Cobalion.

Both Paradox Suicune and Virizion are also in this new area, this is where you catch them if you missed the raid events. All of the Paradox legendary Pokemon play a major role in the story.

Cyrano is not secretly evil, he is just good friends with Clavell.
1689306780419.png

There was a further post claiming their names to be Meloffing and Meloozing, though we cannot know if this is the same person, but name-wise I can't blame them for not having much to work with. For smogon I was thinking smoglone and smogmelone.

1689307763675.png
1689306451381.png

Some replies were acknowledged and there have been some other earlier posts that ended up with some matching details, though the watermelon post came after those so they may have also been guesses or based on them.

1689306819584.png

This tweet from last week about implied DLC lore got a reply of 射干 today. This could be said to be the flower that Drayden is named after and Watermelon Koffing claimed that this delinquent character would be Drayden's grandson, which did come after the initial post but before today's reply. Either way I guess there might be some gen 5 stuff if real.
1689306860687.png

1689307112215.png

Khu also posted some fanart of a female Adaman descendant and Watermelon Koffing touched on this aspect afterwards as well, but it was probably more free of a guess to base off of this tweet.

1689307330334.png

There was also this tweet about the types in the official art supposedly spoiling something but I haven't seen a real consensus on it. People seem to think either it's about the types of the loyal three and/or the new tera gimmick.

Overall I would still consider everything with a grain of salt, but these are the main rumours gaining traction as the DLC approaches and we will see how it aligns in the future. Personally the thing that I find weird is that I don't feel like Crawdaunt needs an evolution or that the paradox trios needed to be completed which seems to be a common theme with DLC rumours, but I guess being in the DLC instead of stuck in a one-off raid event is a reasonable guess.

I find weird is that I don't feel like Crawdaunt needs an evolution
Tbf, I wouldn’t say that Bisharp really needed an evolution either. But I do think it’s weird for Crawdaunt, of all things, to just randomly get a new evolution in the DLC. New Legendaries, new Paradoxes, even a new convergent species, I get, because that all neatly parallels what the SwSh DLC introduced. But then you also just have… a Crawdaunt evo thrown in the mix? Maybe it’d be like a bespoke ace Pokémon for Carmine or something.

or that the paradox trios needed to be completed which seems to be a common theme with DLC rumours
Personally I’d also be fine with it if Walking Wake and Iron Leaves were all we got, but realistically, I do kind of expect the rest of the trios to be adapted just because the sketches had elements from all six Pokémon and because we still don’t have any real in-game information on WW/IL yet. They’ll have to expand on their story somehow.

Incidentally, I’m assuming that, if the leak is true, they’re counting Walking Wake and Iron Leaves among the 8 species to be added in the Indigo Disk. 1-3 would be the Beast trio Paradoxes, 4-6 would be the Sword Paradoxes, and then 7 and 8 would be Terapagos and its little baby stage.

So I felt these were generally more in the spirit of a Gameplay/Story leak than a Data/Mechanic leak since it's mostly about lore and characters, but Khu has been back to his riddles and today he decided to imply a new rfake.
View attachment 534430

A lot of replies were mentioning the idea of a watermelon Koffing, and it seems to be because of this rumour from 4chan (archive), which I will further refer to as the watermelon Koffing post because that's the image they used.
View attachment 534433

View attachment 534437
There was a further post claiming their names to be Meloffing and Meloozing, though we cannot know if this is the same person, but name-wise I can't blame them for not having much to work with. For smogon I was thinking smoglone and smogmelone.

View attachment 534442View attachment 534431
Some replies were acknowledged and there have been some other earlier posts that ended up with some matching details, though the watermelon post came after those so they may have also been guesses or based on them.

View attachment 534438
This tweet from last week about implied DLC lore got a reply of 射干 today. This could be said to be the flower that Drayden is named after and Watermelon Koffing claimed that this delinquent character would be Drayden's grandson, which did come after the initial post but before today's reply. Either way I guess there might be some gen 5 stuff if real.
View attachment 534439

View attachment 534440
Khu also posted some fanart of a female Adaman descendant and Watermelon Koffing touched on this aspect afterwards as well, but it was probably more free of a guess to base off of this tweet.

View attachment 534441
There was also this tweet about the types in the official art supposedly spoiling something but I haven't seen a real consensus on it. People seem to think either it's about the types of the loyal three and/or the new tera gimmick.

Overall I would still consider everything with a grain of salt, but these are the main rumours gaining traction as the DLC approaches and we will see how it aligns in the future. Personally the thing that I find weird is that I don't feel like Crawdaunt needs an evolution or that the paradox trios needed to be completed which seems to be a common theme with DLC rumours, but I guess being in the DLC instead of stuck in a one-off raid event is a reasonable guess.
Just going to add a little bit to this based off some recent rumblings from Khu and Centro.

I’m guessing the guy with the white hair in the character poster is Drayden’s grandson. He also plays a role in the next main series game.

A few weeks ago Khu posted a poll about what the potential next game could be. The options were;

- Let’s Go Unova
- BW3 (or remakes I can’t remember)
- Legends
- Paradox Unova

Now, Centro posted the other day that a source of his told him what the next game is going to be, and Centro even said that if this rumour is true it links up with Khu’s hints - implying that the next main series game is definitely one of the above.

I know that Centro is not a leaker, he’s a compiler (and a little thief) but he does get info sometimes. Remember it was Centro who gave us the Crown Tundra leaks.

Given that TPCi seem desperate to shake up the formula and given that Legends was really well received, im going to guess it’s “Paradox Unova”. A complete retelling of Unova utilising an alternate timeline that directly links to the paradox/Time Machine aspects of SV, and Drayden’s grandson is from that timeline, and thus will appear in that game as a main character.

Doing a “Paradox Unova” allows them to use all of the resources they built from BW1&2, but retell it in a way that does justice and doesn’t just follow the Legends formula (as interesting as that concept is, it can get very predictable imo) it allows them to expand on the trios lore (and once *again* give props to the genies and their lore)

Of course the above is only a guess based on what we’ve been given. I do feel like TPCi heard the frustration of BDSP (a set of games I’m convinced were never meant to exist, but they needed a Holiday 2021 game) which is why I don’t think traditional remakes will ever happen again.

of course we won’t know anything until February 2024 but I do think that Khu’s little poll was a massive inclination for what’s coming next. (As this man does nothing without some sort of meaning behind it)

Crawdaunt has a stat total comparable to Basculin tho. It getting an evo is eh, as it is good enough, but a better choice than "normal type Machamp" Ursaring IMO. Still, in a good world Megas would had remained a staple of the franchise and would go side by side with regular evolutions. :bloblul:

Just give Dewgong an evo, poor guy has been overshadowed by the other Water/Ices since Day 1.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tbf, I wouldn’t say that Bisharp really needed an evolution either. But I do think it’s weird for Crawdaunt, of all things, to just randomly get a new evolution in the DLC. New Legendaries, new Paradoxes, even a new convergent species, I get, because that all neatly parallels what the SwSh DLC introduced. But then you also just have… a Crawdaunt evo thrown in the mix? Maybe it’d be like a bespoke ace Pokémon for Carmine or something.
Traditional new evolutions returning is one of the "additions/changes to old Pokemon" things they did in SV, alongside convergent species and Paradoxes, so in that sense more of them in the DLC seems like a natural addition. The Crawdaunt evolution could be an ace of Carmine or Kieran, but overall a new evolution would actually make sense: we had four of them in SV with Dudunsparce, Farigiraf, Annihilape, and Kingambit, and another would certainly fit.

It would seem the Teal Mask altogether adds a little to the convergent species and new evolutions while the Indigo Disk adds more on the Paradox side, based on this leak. All three of which were concepts related to old Pokemon that they did in SV itself.

Personally I’d also be fine with it if Walking Wake and Iron Leaves were all we got, but realistically, I do kind of expect the rest of the trios to be adapted just because the sketches had elements from all six Pokémon and because we still don’t have any real in-game information on WW/IL yet. They’ll have to expand on their story somehow.

Incidentally, I’m assuming that, if the leak is true, they’re counting Walking Wake and Iron Leaves among the 8 species to be added in the Indigo Disk. 1-3 would be the Beast trio Paradoxes, 4-6 would be the Sword Paradoxes, and then 7 and 8 would be Terapagos and its little baby stage.
Or alternatively, the last two would be hybrid Paradoxes that are literally Raikou/Entei/Suicune combined and Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion combined as one, making four new paradoxes for each set, but Wake and Leaves aren't counted in the new count for Indigo. Since the Scarlet/Violet book sketches had hybrids as sketches, those could be an additional fourth paradox for each group in addition to the three based on each of the three individually.

Just going to add a little bit to this based off some recent rumblings from Khu and Centro.

I’m guessing the guy with the white hair in the character poster is Drayden’s grandson. He also plays a role in the next main series game.

A few weeks ago Khu posted a poll about what the potential next game could be. The options were;

- Let’s Go Unova
- BW3 (or remakes I can’t remember)
- Legends
- Paradox Unova

Now, Centro posted the other day that a source of his told him what the next game is going to be, and Centro even said that if this rumour is true it links up with Khu’s hints - implying that the next main series game is definitely one of the above.

I know that Centro is not a leaker, he’s a compiler (and a little thief) but he does get info sometimes. Remember it was Centro who gave us the Crown Tundra leaks.

Given that TPCi seem desperate to shake up the formula and given that Legends was really well received, im going to guess it’s “Paradox Unova”. A complete retelling of Unova utilising an alternate timeline that directly links to the paradox/Time Machine aspects of SV, and Drayden’s grandson is from that timeline, and thus will appear in that game as a main character.

Doing a “Paradox Unova” allows them to use all of the resources they built from BW1&2, but retell it in a way that does justice and doesn’t just follow the Legends formula (as interesting as that concept is, it can get very predictable imo) it allows them to expand on the trios lore (and once *again* give props to the genies and their lore)

Of course the above is only a guess based on what we’ve been given. I do feel like TPCi heard the frustration of BDSP (a set of games I’m convinced were never meant to exist, but they needed a Holiday 2021 game) which is why I don’t think traditional remakes will ever happen again.

of course we won’t know anything until February 2024 but I do think that Khu’s little poll was a massive inclination for what’s coming next. (As this man does nothing without some sort of meaning behind it)
I also think a BW3 is probably a likely possibility. Considering the Paradox Swords based on Iron Leaves are future paradoxes, and Gen 5's gimmick is that it was a duology with the follow up games being a sequel story, another continuation of the Unova story to make a third entry would also work: since it's set in the future after BW1+2, that would also make a good antithesis to Sinnoh's Legends Arceus, which was set in the past.

To me the "Paradox Unova" in that poll seems like a joke answer with the other three being more realistic guesses. Let's Go is not something I would imagine happening, but the other two are reasonable guesses based on precedent: a sequel or a Legends: Pre-Make would be the most logical guesses to the Unova revisit, although considering Drayden's grandson literally *is* in the upcoming alleged Unova game putting all the pieces together, I would imagine another sequel to the Unova story taking place in Unova itself after BW2 is probably the best guess.

Man they really did just get bored of regional variants huh
Though I suppose the weirdness of kitakami being its own weird kind-of-region tracks to that regard. Might be a bit weird to call them "Paldean" xyz

I'm a bit surprised there's nothing for Mightyena. Crawdaunt's cool but when Carmine was shown throwing out a Poochyena it kind of stuck out since it's kinda bad.

Early game mammals were supposed to be bad, but ever since Galar they either have Tauros' stat total, or the utter anomaly Obstagoon is. Raticate was below 420 in terms of stat total, and that was the norm for those until SwSh.

Convergent species rather than regional variants looks to me like Game Freak attention deficit. And, of course, all those convergences are Gen I, just like the Alolans.

Early game mammals were supposed to be bad, but ever since Galar they either have Tauros' stat total, or the utter anomaly Obstagoon is. Raticate was below 420 in terms of stat total, and that was the norm for those until SwSh.
Right. Which is why I was surprised to see Carmine have a Poochyena, a thoroughly underwhelming old Pokemon; If you're going to give out evolutions in the DLC, it would have been the first to come to mind.
I guess they did it for aesthetic reasons (similar to giving Arven a Greedent, even if Greedent has more going for it over all) while also wanting her to have Pokemon from the DLC, but I dunno seems like there could have been better choices.

Oh well, maybe some other generation Mightyena.

Or alternatively, the last two would be hybrid Paradoxes that are literally Raikou/Entei/Suicune combined and Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion combined as one, making four new paradoxes for each set, but Wake and Leaves aren't counted in the new count for Indigo. Since the Scarlet/Violet book sketches had hybrids as sketches, those could be an additional fourth paradox for each group in addition to the three based on each of the three individually.
Ahh, could be! I guess in my head it just felt a little redundant, as I figured the sketch hybrids would turn out to just be a sort of red herring for their respective trios. But I suppose they could be like trio masters for them. I certainly wouldn’t mind having the Beast trio hybrid for real. I love Walking Wake, but the hybrid design was really cool as well. After all, I think it would be a little odd if GF went to the trouble of coming up with and literally showing us two whole Pokémon designs that never end up getting used.

Man they really did just get bored of regional variants huh
To be fair, they did go from introducing 18 regional forms in Gen 7, to literally double that at 36 (37 if you count Darmanitan twice) across the whole of Gen 8. I could understand if maybe they wanted to do something else for a little bit.

Though I suppose the weirdness of kitakami being its own weird kind-of-region tracks to that regard. Might be a bit weird to call them "Paldean" xyz
Related to this, I’ve kinda been wondering how they’ll group the Kitakami-based Pokémon in larger media like Pokémon Go and Pokémon Home, where everything is divided up by the region it was introduced in. Meltan and Melmetal are still listed as “Unknown” instead of being lumped on with either Alola or Galar, and the new Pokémon from PLA are all listed as “Hisui.” Difference in this case being that there isn’t actually a wholly Kitakami-based game; the “region” is effectively just a bonus area in SV.

Hold on a second.

2D68C3EC-FB12-407C-B97A-5E5B2F186B6F.jpeg

1. Okidogi
  2. Munkidori
  3. Fezandipiti
  4. Ogerpon
  5. Melon Koffing
  6. Melon Weezing
  7. Crawdaunt evo
Ok, that tracks.
  1. Paradox Raikou
  2. Paradox Entei
  3. Paradox Cobalion
  4. Paradox Terrakion
  5. Terapagos
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
We’re missing three. Even if you assume that the small turtle is a Terapagos prevo instead of an evo, that would still mean we’re missing two. If the leak is accurate, I wonder what the last three new Pokémon are?

I think I've seen a few different leaks claim 15 Pokemon so that random specific 4chan post probably doesn't mean much on its own. I think I saw one claim there was a new "regional bird and rodent" for part 1, and other stuff like Okidogi was Poison/Fairy.

But if there are 15 then the boring answer would be it counts Iron Leaves & Walking Wake despite already existing and being released.
the more fun answer would be the Paradox trios merge together to form something closer to the one in the Book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)