Tournament Random Battles Extension League - Commencement Thread

And now the moment you've been waiting for, the round-robin awards ceremony!

~Best in format~
Gen 9: Gomdol2 - With an undefeated 4-0 result, Gomdol strides into first place cleanly. Honourable Mention to Kinetic who despite going 4-1, actually lost less games than gomdol, 2-0ing all their opponents except bhkg
Gen 8: Batzi - Our resident rfn-er cleaned house in gen 8 with a 3-1 result. Their only loss happening when they had to schedule their game for later in the week. Maybe he just thinks better on Mondays?
Gen 7: sealoo - just like gomdol, sealoo started on the bench week 1, but showed they were starter material by ending 4-0 / 8-3
Gen 6: Drifting - The Metagross manager earned their keep, playing in their main format all 5 weeks, and winning every time. Can they keep it up in playoffs?
Gen 5: ninjadog/Perish Song -
your oppo is both a ninja and a dog at the same time what are you supposed to do against that
Gen 4: O1V7O2X9O - with the hardest username to get right (Dnite managers consistently put a 0 instead of an O for their last character) we have our 4th aussie to get best-in-faction, the 4th player to go undefeated, all while playing the 4th generation.
Gen 3: Pokology - yet another 4-1 result, pokology is tied with ninjadog for having the nicest %winrate
Gen 1: Kipkluif - and finally, we have the player with the highest winrate in a single format, Kipkluif's incredible 10-2 result nets them a massive 83% winrate!
Dubs: tyo/AIRedZone - Dubs really was the wildest format, with 3-2 being the best result. While technically tyo's 6-5 is a better winrate than AIRedZone's 7-6, with only a 1% difference I'm going to split this award down the middle
Battle Factory: Leafium Z - Leaf recieves the award for being the only player to run 5 weeks in a row of battle factory, and with a 4-1 result, they've shown their dominance in the format
Mystery Box: ghostilex - the only flawless record in the tournament, ghostilex won once in Gen2, and once in Hackmons Cup - getting 2-0 wins both times.

~Team MVPs~
Garchomp: Kipkluif (5-0)
Metagross: Drifting (5-0)
Tyranitar: Batzi/Kinetic/drifttrick (4-1) - a three-way tie! drifttrick had an impressive 3-0 record in Gen 4, but pivoted to gen 3 in the last 2 weeks of the tournament, going 1-1 there
Dragonite: O1V7O2X9O (4-0)
Kommo-o: Gomdol2 (4-0)
Goodra: sealoo (4-0)

~Bonus Awards~
most flexible player: ElectricityCat - ECat played in 3 different formats, and picked up a win in each of them. A valuable flex pick for Chompers, even if round 1 was a bit early
Highest Draft Value: Gomdol2 - Team MVP, Best-in-format, and 2nd-last pick for kommo's. The epitome of undiscovered talent.

~Joke Awards~
Sharpclaw Energy Award: pokevin03dragonite- all 5 rounds went to game 3!
"technically undefeated" Award: BP - BP has yet to play a game all tournament, will they get their chance during Playoffs?
Worst Schedulers: Team Dragonite - normally this award would go to a player, but throughout the whole tournament, no single player got subbed out or deadgame'd more than once - so instead the award is being given to Dragonite, who had 3 substitutions - more than all other teams combined - and participated in both deadgames. to be fair, their team was winning when the deadgame occured, but still counts :)
Loudest Cheerleader: meamdefitely4 - despite not being drafted, meam has stuck around for goodras all tournament, cheering them on in almost every game. Honourable mention to Sharpclaw, who despite normally wanting all sets to reach game 3, passionately cheered TTars on, telling their players to clean up in 2

If you have any further award suggestions, let me know!

Last edited:

~Best in format~
Gen 9: Gomdol2 - With an undefeated 4-0 result, Gomdol strides into first place cleanly. Honourable Mention to Kinetic who despite going 4-1, actually lost less games than gomdol, 2-0ing all their opponents except bhkg
Gen 8: Batzi - Our resident rfn-er cleaned house in gen 8 with a 3-1 result. Their only loss happening when they had to schedule their game for later in the week. Maybe he just thinks better on Mondays?
Gen 7: sealoo - just like gomdol, sealoo started on the bench week 1, but showed they were starter material by ending 4-0 / 8-3
Gen 6: Drifting - The Metagross manager earned their keep, playing in their main format all 5 weeks, and winning every time. Can they keep it up in playoffs?
Gen 4: O1V7O2X9O - with the hardest username to get right (Dnite managers consistently put a 0 instead of an O for their last character) we have our 4th aussie to get best-in-faction, the 4th player to go undefeated, all while playing the 4th generation.
Gen 3: Pokology - yet another 4-1 result, pokology is tied with ninjadog for having the nicest %winrate
Gen 1: Kipkluif - and finally, we have the player with the highest winrate in a single format, Kipkluif's incredible 10-2 result nets them a massive 83% winrate!
Dubs: tyo/AIRedZone - Dubs really was the wildest format, with 3-2 being the best result. While technically tyo's 6-5 is a better winrate than AIRedZone's 7-6, with only a 1% difference I'm going to split this award down the middle
Battle Factory: Leafium Z - Leaf recieves the award for being the only player to run 5 weeks in a row of battle factory, and with a 4-1 result, they've shown their dominance in the format
Mystery Box: ghostilex - the only flawless record in the tournament, ghostilex won once in Gen2, and once in Hackmons Cup - getting 2-0 wins both times.

~Team MVPs~
Tyranitar: Batzi/Kinetic/drifttrick (4-1) - a three-way tie! drifttrick had an impressive 3-0 record in Gen 4, but pivoted to gen 3 in the last 2 weeks of the tournament, going 1-1 there

~Bonus Awards~
most flexible player: ElectricityCat - ECat played in 3 different formats, and picked up a win in each of them. A valuable flex pick for Chompers, even if round 1 was a bit early
Highest Draft Value: Gomdol2 - Team MVP, Best-in-format, and 2nd-last pick for kommo's. The epitome of undiscovered talent.

~Joke Awards~
"technically undefeated" Award: BP - BP has yet to play a game all tournament, will they get their chance during Playoffs?
Worst Schedulers: Team Dragonite - normally this award would go to a player, but throughout the whole tournament, no single player got subbed out or deadgame'd more than once - so instead the award is being given to Dragonite, who had 3 substitutions - more than all other teams combined - and participated in both deadgames. to be fair, their team was winning when the deadgame occured, but still counts :)
Loudest Cheerleader: meamdefitely4 - despite not being drafted, meam has stuck around for goodras all tournament, cheering them on in almost every game. Honourable mention to Sharpclaw, who despite normally wanting all sets to reach game 3, passionately cheered TTars on, telling their players to clean up in 2

We did it OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once again, I love the Goodras you all are the best team in this tour results don't matter AND THE HOST LISTENED TO OUR PLEAS!!!!!
Also a special thanks to Pulse for giving me two awards in one day ^v^

Dubs really was the wildest format, with 3-2 being the best result.
no way three teams went 3-2 in dubs and three went 2-3, i thought that kind of stuff only happened in gen1 and hc :worrywhirl: ok i'm the last person who should be talking given my record this rbtt.
shoutout also to chompers for getting a perfect 10 points, especially when no other team had more than 5. the question now is... can they win, which first seeds in rbtt have failed to do 7 times and counting?

~Best in format~

~Team MVPs~

~Bonus Awards~

~Joke Awards~

Managers of the year Luchik and Trefleuh btw

My first year of playing in competitive pokemon, a great year. I would like to start this with thanking my managers Bella and velvet for picking me because I brutally insulted bodi in the goodra discord. Now, lets talk about my teammates.
Sylveesnom we had our ups and we had our downs, but you were always there to support us.
Arcanine1929 good shit. Beating pokevin is an achievement in itself and you should be proud of it. Hope to see you next year or in this worlds wcor.
Slikkles thanks for keeping our hopes up with your crucial wins and your everlasting support. I salute you soldier.
sealoo Well done on going undefeated, I wish I could have followed your path (and got team mvp smh) but destiny had other plans. Anyways GOOD STUFF I LOVE TO SEE IT.
seth I loved seeing your interactions with sealoo and it really cheered up the team even at the darkest times. I hope to see you next year for RBEL.
TNTDestroyer you suck, why didnt you go 4-0:fukyu:
latias999999999 Well well well my friend, judgement day has come upon you:wo:. Just kidding but anyways, well done in playing gen 4. I want to see your name in RBTT next year got it?:zonger:
Inazuma-Fulgur nicely done my friend, even though you never chatted much in this discord. I knew you were cheering as much as the rest of us along the way. Also you are a SOLID gen 1 player and deserve more credit.
My Big Diggersby we love to see that undefeated BSS and that 3-2 record. I hope to see you playing more in this years circuit and possibly getting into rbtt next year, gl!
velvet stunning manager, even if you didnt get the record you hoped, you still managed to flex your role so everyone can play what they were comfortable with and you succeeded as a manager.
tkhanh wonderful sub, you stepped up for me in week 3 and managed to defeat the would be undefeated ninjadog. In my eyes, thats a complete win and you need to consider playing gen 5 :D.
SHONE thanks for playing even with you running late for office. You still managed to clutch up morale boosting wins for the team and step up when you were needed.
Evie great doubles player, you stepped up for the team at great times, overall I hope to see you next year in RBEL.
kenny I didnt get to know you as much but you still performed magnificently for the team!
Last but not least Goro Yagami thanks for being a chill person who not only is a voice in the randbats room but also a voice in our discord :D
Honorary mention: meamdefinitely5 you were always there for the goodras as a dedicated cheerleader and added comedy to the chats. Maybe you can get into rbel next year when you can manage to defeat me in your main format:mehowth:

A special thanks to the hosts Dark Pulse and bobomania which are two good friends of mine. They managed to pull off this amazing tour for rejected rbtt signups. Words cant comprehend how grateful I am to prove myself in a team tour such as this. Also to the rest of the people, keep on going and achieve the final goal of achieving rbtt. Any of my teammates and anybody can do it.

for any of the people I didnt thank, just know that I am grateful for everyone who supported me along the way on this exhilarating journey

(oh yeah i forgot to mention, thanks bodi for changing his smogon pfp and sticking to the bet we made in our battle. It would be quite comedic also if he goes without any wins in rbel)

Last edited:
My first year of playing in competitive pokemon, a great year. I would like to start this with thanking my managers Bella and velvet for picking me because I brutally insulted bodi in the goodra discord. Now, lets talk about my teammates.
Sylveesnom we had our ups and we had our downs, but you were always there to support us.
Arcanine1929 good shit. Beating pokevin is an achievement in itself and you should be proud of it. Hope to see you next year or in this worlds wcor.
Slikkles thanks for keeping our hopes up with your crucial wins and your everlasting support. I salute you soldier.
sealoo Well done on going undefeated, I wish I could have followed your path (and got team mvp smh) but destiny had other plans. Anyways GOOD STUFF I LOVE TO SEE IT.
seth I loved seeing your interactions with sealoo and it really cheered up the team even at the darkest times. I hope to see you next year for RBEL.
latias999999999 Well well well my friend, judgement day has come upon you:wo:. Just kidding but anyways, well done in playing gen 4. I want to see your name in RBTT next year got it?:zonger:
Inazuma-Fulgur nicely done my friend, even though you never chatted much in this discord. I knew you were cheering as much as the rest of us along the way. Also you are a SOLID gen 1 player and deserve more credit.
My Big Diggersby we love to see that undefeated BSS and that 3-2 record. I hope to see you playing more in this years circuit and possibly getting into rbtt next year, gl!
velvet stunning manager, even if you didnt get the record you hoped, you still managed to flex your role so everyone can play what they were comfortable with and you succeeded as a manager.
tkhanh wonderful sub, you stepped up for me in week 3 and managed to defeat the would be undefeated ninjadog. In my eyes, thats a complete win and you need to consider playing gen 5 :D.
SHONE thanks for playing even with you running late for office. You still managed to clutch up morale boosting wins for the team and step up when you were needed.
kenny I didnt get to know you as much but you still performed magnificently for the team!
Last but not least Goro Yagami thanks for being a chill person who not only is a voice in the randbats room but also a voice in our discord :D
Honorary mention: meamdefinitely5 you were always there for the goodras as a dedicated cheerleader and added comedy to the chats. Maybe you can get into rbel next year when you can manage to defeat me in your main format:mehowth:

A special thanks to the hosts Dark Pulse and bobomania which are two good friends of mine. They managed to pull off this amazing tour for rejected rbtt signups. Words cant comprehend how grateful I am to prove myself in a team tour such as this. Also to the rest of the people, keep on going and achieve the final goal of achieving rbtt. Any of my teammates and anybody can do it.

(oh yeah i forgot to mention, thanks bodi for changing his smogon pfp and sticking to the bet we made in our battle. It would be quite comedic also if he goes without any wins in rbel)
Yeah TNTDestroyer you suck do better next time /lh, in all seriousness you also did amazing and loved having you on the team

Evie great doubles player, you stepped up for the team at great times, overall I hope to see you next year in RBEL.

Oh yeah, I wont be in RBEL next year because I will reach RBTT and ascend to challenge the mighty gods of randbats.

This was definitely a ride for sure, going in I was probably judged with the picks I made for the draft but I knew what I wanted based on tryouts/achievments and also personality. I don’t regret my picks and I’m glad I could pick up newer players to enjoy their moment in RBEL, this tour definitely brought about new talent for next RBTT and I truly hope a lot of players from my team get picked for next year. Though I do wish I had performed better, I think enjoying the tour is probably the best way to go about it. Gl to everyone else in the tour currently, if I’d have to give feedback for next years rbel is to increase draft picks from 15 -> 17/18 (similarly to rbtt) cause there’s lot of picks that went undrafted ;;.

It pains me to say this, but it appears that the end is nigh for the goodras this year. But before that, I just wanted to give my sincere thanks to everyone for this experience. It was my first time being this invested in a team environment, and I sunk so much time watching games and practicing to the point of it negatively impacting my grades, sleep, and social life, but I enjoyed every moment of it. It does feel pretty bad to give something your all and to keep falling short. I'm an extremely mistake-prone person, and that's how I've always been. And sorry about that. I really wanted us to make it to playoffs. However, this post isn't another long analysis about why I keep losing (Which I'm sure my teammates are sick of x-x). It's a little summary of everyone I got to interact with this tourney.

Arcanine1929: Mr. Numbers himself, we didn't talk that much but you had some real sick wins that clutched the weeks out for us. It was a pleasure being on the same team.
Evie: Bit of a more reserved fellow, but chill and great at doubles. I'm sure you're sick of all the yapping from us randbats philistines and sorry about that hehe. We're all very excited about our first tourney. I felt like the drunk uncle having way too much fun at a formal dinner, while the tour player veterans were just trying to have a classy, peaceful event.
Goro: Funny guy, has an excellent stash of discord memes and images. You have my condolences for having to play two ubers gen 8 battle factory games, but you showed impressive grit in that final series. I'm cheering you on in your future events, and hope you get that ca someday.
Inazuma: Chill guy, great player, and appreciated watching your games and analysis.
Kenny: Nice person. Remember when you said you hoped this would be an enjoyable experience? I had the time of my life. Ya got the biggest technical dub in the tourney by landing a job as well :D
My Big Diggersby: We didn't talk too much, but you seem like a pretty cool guy with a sense of humor. Thanks for ending our series on a dub :p
Meamdefinitely: You weren't drafted, but you showed more enthusiasm for the team than everyone else. You were part of the team, and we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to support us. We'll be cheering you on in your own tourneys soon.
Slikkles: You're a nice guy and a strong player. Have some self-confidence lol, you deserve it. Wishin ya the best
Sealoo- The first goon of the goondras. Sometimes I question if him and seth aren't just the same person chatting to each other with two different phones. Reading your chats with each other was hilarious, though I didn't really understand about half of em. You're a real one as the kids would say.
Seth- The second in command goon of the goondras. Are you sure you and sealoo don't share the same singular braincell? It's definitely a very large braincell though since your plays are clean and it needs to contain the infinitely many drake gifs you guys keep sending. I aspire to have that level of consistency. You mentioned letting the team down, but you're a very gifted player and none of those were on you. Plus, you neglected to mention the great dubs you had too.
Shone: I greatly appreciate you for being summoned randomly in the morning, in complete urgency and forcing you to be late to work and clutching out the week in a nail-biting series despite all that.
Sylveesnom: You're a great player and fun to talk to. Had some clutch wins, and snom appreciation is always appreciated. I hope ya pop off in your future tourneys.
Tkhanh: It's kinda disappointing that you didn't get to see more action despite being very good, the speech you gave in the chat about recognizing your own worth is something I hope everyone takes to heart. I enjoyed talking about games with you.
TNT Destroyer: You might not have been 5-0, but you're still him! Thanks for the laughs and for cheering everyone on. You're the future of randbats, and I hope you make it to rbtt too:bat:
Velvet: The big boss, want to thank you for giving a no name like me a chance to play with and against so many other skilled players in the community. I really enjoyed it, and I learned a lot from watching your games and discussions with you. Even though our records weren't spectacular, you never lost for the wrong reasons.

Wish all of you guys the best in whatever comes next, you're all talented and great people.

I also wanted to give special thanks to Pulse and Bobo for making all this possible and for letting me know about it, bodi for getting me recruited by telling me about the goodras and being a cool guy in general, my opponents for kicking my arse and showing I still have a lot of room for improvement, 35Q71N for being an excellent friend, supporter, and the designated RBEL player therapist, and Prince of All Tacos for noticing how much time I've spent trying to grow as a player.
Screenshot 2024-01-28 145810.png
tumblr_5b18b9992d0c710d92c0ed36e29d434d_9bf361b0_1280.jpg

Last edited:

~Best in format~

~Team MVPs~

~Bonus Awards~

~Joke Awards~

where is worst record award for bodi and me?

I'm gonna keep it short but overall this tour was a great time even despite me only playing 3 games
I don't really feel like shouting out every single one of our players but this is one of my favourite tour in general, also my first relatively big randbats and team tour, and everyone on the team definitely contributed to that by creating a great environment for the team as well as the hosts and other teams being very nice as well
Special s/o to velvet, I'm pretty sure she's the only reason I'm on the team at all, her and PrinceOfAllTacos managing is quite literally the only reason I chose to sign up as I'd have no chance being drafted otherwise
you need to consider playing gen 5 :D.
I might just take you up on that later, at the very least I will definitely be on the look out for more rands after taking a few months off mons
Edit: I don't know how I forgot but s/o to sundays and ionnss as well, them playing in rbtt definitely encouraged me to play randdubs here as well, ionnss especially helped me with tips and reviewing both my randdubs sets

Last edited:

Slikkles

formerly Slaty fildrong
is a Tiering Contributor
Will make it shorter than tnt because I am too lazy. First of all, this was my second team tournament and I had a blast playing it. Prob my best memory of competitive pokemon in tournament. Also thank you so much velvet and Bella for trusting me and taking me so early.

Sylveesnom : you were a very nice person. Hope to see more of you and hopefully you will Rise and play at the best levels.

Arcanine1929 : did had the occasion to talk to you a lot but you were nice and I hope we can meet again in the future.

sealoo : besides memeing with Seth you are a good player and a nice person. Thanks for showing me how to write articles !

seth : we will miss the Drake memes but it was a pleasure meeting you. Don't change

TNTDestroyer : a very bad player. Not suprising since he got a Naruto pfp. Continu and I hope you are picked at rbtt next year !

latias999999999 9 : prob the nicest person in the server. I am glad I was able to talked to you and you showed support even when things were down. Gl for the future my friend.

Inazuma-Fulgur : Speaking and training with you was very nice. It was nice talking with you and seeing you win. I'm sure we only started hearing from you

My Big Diggersby : undefeated in BSS which is impressive. Hope to see you in the future too.

velvet : basically me with I was good at the game, nice. An unfortunate tourney for you but it was nice having you around a great manager for sure.

tkhanh : when the sub is better than thé main players :(. Please continu playing your are very talented !

SHONE : it was nice having you around. I also Saw you in the Hindi room which was nice. Gl for the rest !

Evie : great doubles player. Keep it up and hope to see you again.

kenny : didn't see you that much but don't bd too harsh on yourself. See you next year and continu to progress !

Goro Yagami : our own bodi. Joking Hope you continu to play it was a blast having you !

Honorary mention to the best pom pom girl even better than 35Q71N for Hoopas: meamdefinitely5 : you were the biggest goodra supporter and I was very happy to have you on board. I really hope you make it to RBEL or even rbtt next year. You're such a kind person that you deserve it ! Gl for the rest and we will keep talking in the rands room.

Special thanks to Pulse and bobomania for the tour. It was super cool to have a tour for bad players like us :p.

On a personnal level I want to say that I started the tour with the wrong mentality of wanting to prove myself for RBTT next year. Sealoo showed me that it's wasn't healthy and I changed my attitude. Now I play for fun as my first objective and I never played so well. I also met people like Bodi who are very nice. I did not go positive in termes of win/ losses but it's only the begining. I will see you in World cup and in rbtt next year. It was Slikkles. Peace !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)