Tournament Random Battles Extension League - Commencement Thread

Hello, I was a player for the Kommo-os for the RBEL event. I'm not good at writing long messages but it was my first competitive experience, I had a very fun time so I wanted to leave something for the Kommo-os from my perspective as well!

Chains of Markov Tarrembeau To the best managers I could have asked for thank you so much for giving me the chance, I am still so shocked that you gave it to someone with one post (signup post) but I am very grateful you messaged me and I got to know both of you. I appreciate all the work you do to support the team, you are both so kind, and personally thank you for playing games with me right before my scheduled matches because it really helped me calm down and focus.

bobomania Dark Pulse Thank you very much for putting this event together, you didn't have to but you did. I can't dream how much work that goes into creating an event like this and I am sure there is so much more that you do that is hidden from me so I really appreciate everything you do behind the scenes too. I look forward to being a spectator for the semifinals and finals!

AlephSubZero A great and funny person, I loved the energy you brought to the team, I always enjoyed discussing games with you in the chat (mostly me keyboard smashing when we get crit and you posting mario dying gif) and thank you a lot for the many Gen 7 games we played together! They were really fun and you are a great player, and I am excited to see what you do next.

bhkg The one name I recognized from the start, it was so so great to have played with you in my first event and I really appreciate every single one of the tons of practice games you played with me every week. I learned so much from you and made me think hard about every move I clicked and I want to think that I improved a lot in the past month because of it. Thank you so much for your advice and I am excited to watch you play in your next event!

CMDoge The most powerful doge on Earth. And just as lovable too I would always smile when you sent a message because of your Discord icon. It was a pleasure to watch you play and it was always impressive how you made games with impossible matchup close, any team is very lucky to have you for your great play and endless doge gifs :vous:

Critsomnia I can't say enough good things about you Crit, you are an incredible player and a wonderful person. You were a great source of encouragement for me and I am really thankful you offered to play those practice games before my first match and I got to know you. You were a big part of why I felt welcomed into the team and I hope everyone knows about how much of a fantastic influence you are.

Father Flame I have played very little games of Gen 1 but I always cry while the Scyther/cute Slowpoke sweeps my team and I don't know what to do. I didn't know if anyone could be considered to be good in the format until I watched you and Chains play and I knew I was watching some of the best players. Between taking care of your family, work, and playing Gen 1 (how is this possible?) thank you for making time for us!

Hats Even though we sadly didn't interact as much I know even from the small experience that you are a kind encouraging person and a great player. Missing the surf 87.5% to knock out and going to game 4 in a bo3?? will always be the key trauma for our team but I am very happy to have teamed with you and I look forward to your next adventure!

Lasen I remember in Week 1 clicking on your name and seeing all the badges and being surprised to see I was on the same team with such an accomplished player. I loved your personality and confidence for every game and you are so good in every format, especially in Ubers I knew we had a sure win at the start it was like knowing the ending to a very long 100+ turn book. I really respect your skill to come up with the best game plan every time even if I am a little scared of you on Discord sometimes;

Lucas2543 One of our best players who the team could always trust to give a strong performance in any format, and I very appreciate and respect you for playing formats our team had little experience in. I love Pokemon but I don't think I can take more than 1 game in Hackmons Cup so I am really thankful. I'm sorry there was so much RNG in your series but I think your great gameplay really shined through despite it.

paysa One of my first practice partners, and along with Aleph we 3 were probably among the biggest spammers in the discussion channel lol but I enjoyed it a lot. I am really grateful for the practice games we played and although a lot of them were embarrassing for me especially in Gen 6, just being able to talk casually with you in the Random Battles room or during practice really helped my nerves and let me know my team was behind me so thank you very much.

pokology The real life Pokemon professor Poko who has solved Gen 3 because I cannot imagine anyone winning against you without a ton of things going right for them. We didn't get to interact a lot as well, but I felt your passion for the team and I was always excited to see a Pokemon god come in win their games and leave every week. The most dominant games I have seen from anyone in the event Go Poko Go!

Tarre25 Our interaction was limited, but it was a pleasure to watch you outplay your opponents and power through even the unluckiest moments (Week 2 double crit :eeveehide:). It was especially fun for me to translate your messages in Spanish during Week 5 when playing with haxlolo, you are a great positive influence in the short time we played and I enjoyed teaming with you.

USN One of my best versatile teammates, I was always impressed with how you looked at the game in discussion. I especially appreciate you coming in to play Gen 4 on such a short notice and still showing a great performance during Week 3, and I wish we could have played further.

Zoyotte Also known as Kommo-o_fan_46 A great player, really funny and nice person, you always made me laugh whenever I saw you message in game chat whether it was reacting to bad luck or the interesting Gen 1 sprites and I always appreciated whenever you congratulated me after a win. Allez Zoyotte :vous: :fire:

Also, I want to give special thanks to 35Q71N and many from the Goodras (including meamdefinitely5 of course) that I was lucky to talk to or really anyone from the Random Battles room that interacted with me even if it was short or watched my games because it meant a lot to me.
edit: AND bodi SRY

Finally but very importantly to who I played games with Arcanine1929 Ghostilex henguinie haxlolo Thank you very much for playing games with me I had a lot of fun, I'll be cheering for each person in any game played in and out of this tournament! To every player in the semifinals and finals as well, I hope everyone has a great time. Long post over tysm everyone for reading! :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)