OUTC Round #9 [ENTRIES OPEN] .post332

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dice's team just has great synergy and abuses Hydreigon to the max. The volt turn core allows Hydreigon to get in for free, as well as luring in Lucario's counters (Gliscor, Landorus-T, Tentacruel etc), only to be trapped by Gothitelle. Seriously good team .-.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In the end, this round has be dominated by a retarded lady gaga fan ... Dice wins !
The value of his vote won't be doubled since he already won once, but his team enters the hall of fame, congratulation to him !

Thanks to all the voters, you were a lot to participate in this round, the attention you give to the teams is a reward in itself !

I hereby announce the Seventh round of the OUTC with a new unic core to toy with :

+

The rocket dragon, the pokemon at fault in many early DPP ragequit cases is here in company of the new sweet cold blooded BL lady. Although the Court stated that "There is no evidence linking Chomper to Frosties' recent departure of the UU tier, case closed", the fact that they are both partner in crime this round may cause a reopening of the file.
Both are incredible leads, arguably the best in their own tiers but it doesn't mean that this round will be easy.
So guys, you're now ChomperBarrowr&FrostiesParker's accomplice however ... will you be on the duo's level ? Voters will decide !
Good luck to everyone, have fun !

Entries will be closed in 7 days !

Edit : Don't be afraid to post your opinion on the core, the opportunities you can identify, the particularities, the way it needs to be played to be viable etc..

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, the most obvious opproach to this core would be for Froslass to Spike stack, and for Garchomp to fill an offensive role (Scarf or maybe SD). Good teamates include other physical sweepers, like Scizor, Lucario, and Dragonite. Speaking of Dragonite, I can see the Banded set also really doing work, as it breaks down Garchomps counters really nicely. Mix Jirachi and Scarf Jirachi can also be really good teammates for this core. Mix Jirachi lures Garchomps counters, while Scarf Jirachi offers a great revenge killer while also abusing Spikes by forcing switches with U-turn.

Dunno if I'll build a team though, this is generally what I'm expecting to see. Cool core Remedy.

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Low Kick

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed
I decided to chose Lucario as my late game sweeper for the simple reason that Spikes + SR are really useful (especially against Hippowdon, Tentacruel, Celebi, revenge killers like Keldeo) for its sweep plus Garchomp makes respectable damages against Skarmory and Landorus-T. IMO, Lucario with Crunch is the best option with this team: Gliscor and Landorus-T aren't really dangerous and I prefer hit Jellicent and Slowbro. Froslass is an awesome lead. I played it in a rain offense after a discussion with Morpheus and I wasn't disappointed. Garchomp has Stealth Rock for the obvious reason that you need SR in a competitive team. I chose Fire Blast to hit Skarm and Ferro. Weavile traps Starmie, Lati@s, Espeon, Xatu and revenge kills Chomp, Nite, Mence, Landorus-T, Breloom, Venusaur, Mamoswine etc. I firstly played ScarfTtar but I think it has a better place on this team for many reasons. Jellicent is my spinblocker and my best answer to Keldeo, Politoed and Conkeldurr (which can easily eliminate Luke) and after all, it fucks Ojama's team so this is a great reason to play it. 88 Speed EVs to outspeed Skarmory and others Jellicent. Latios is really good on this team 'cause Spikes + SR is incredibly helpful to kill Tyranitar, Celebi and Jirachi (except under rain) and it has an important defensive job: its my only check to Rotom-W (Volt Switch spam is stoppable by Chomp btw) and Breloom so I have to be very careful. HP Fire is better in this team to hit Jirachi, Skarmory, Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Last edited:
Froslass is a bit of an odd commodity, considering it can spinblock it's own spikes but is weak to SR. Garchomp is just Garchomp, it's amazing. I think I have an idea which I'll be building a team around soon.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Divine Rage

Well, i'm here again. I really like that core cause Froslass is my favorite pokemon. It's an effective Lead, but he can't learn Stealth Rock. Garchomp is my SR setter and Froslass in other hand do Antispinner. One of the most problemz of the core are steel type(Like Jirachi and Scizor for Froslass, Skarmory and Ferrothorn for Garchomp) so i insert Magnezone with a nice set, SubCharger with HP Ice for Gliscors, Dragons and Landorus-T. Now i inserted Politoed, my weather setter with Specs, a very huge Pokèmon also for Amoonguss and Bulky Grass with the support of Spikes+SR which Froslass and Garchomp set. Now i need a rain abuser to revenge kill all and one of the sweepers most underrated but effective is ScarfMoxieGyarados. He can destroy wholes teams without the rest of team, with the support of hazardz and Rain. I use Gyarados becouse ferrothorn is a sitting duck for Magnezone and for the last Slot... SubCMJirachi. OMG Jirachi is a fucking cancer for stall teams with bulkygrass(like celebi without psong, amoonguss and ferrothorn too). Jirachi can setup easy on the counters of Gyarados and Toed. The result is a strong rain team, one of my favorite **

Now the ett.

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Taunt

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Thunder
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

:p

Last edited:
~Tiny little bows~

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 194 HP / 62 Def / 32 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Hello Smogon, this is my second team on this project. Really I like the core Frosslas + Garchomp to hazards, only flaw is that you need 2 slots to hazards, one of them for Frosslas with Spikes, fast Taunt, spinbloker and luring some mons with Destiny Bond, Garchomp helps against Forrestres thanks to Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet with Fire Blast to prevent anti-spinning, only spinner that beat both is Starmie so i just decided to choose Rotom-W bulky + Jirachi Scarf to play easily around Starmie and prevent spinning. Rotom-W also help me against Rain and Sand teams while that Scarf Jirachi is the Revenge Killer and is very good all-round with the Choice Scarf, i'm running Ojama spread since can hit stronger and can tank some DM from Latias better also more speed isnt necessary. After of this I had a special sun weakness especially against Volcarona so I just decided run CB Dragonite on the team to break some walls and check Sun and Rain teams, also my only and stronger priority on the team. Finally I just decided the last slot for Reuniclus since is very good with Spikes + Stealth Rock, Rough Skin Garchomp + Frosslas also can cripple most annoyings mons for this OTReuniclus on offensive teams such Scizor or Jirachi.

Well this is my third entry to this competition and this core was really fun. Once I saw this core I knew the best way to go was offense with Spike stacking Froslass and offensive Stealth Rock Garchomp. Froslass Taunts other hazards settlers, while acting as my spinner blocker and taking down threats with Destiny Bond. Garchomp gets up Rock while being present to keep opposing spinners from spinning away all my hazards. I chose SubSalac Terrakion as my sweeper since physical sweepers fit really well with the given core. Latios was added for a sun check and being a resist to water attacks. Rotom-Wash and Jirachi created a VoltTurn core to force switches and rack up hazards damage for Terrakion to easily clean up late game. Jirachi is also my sole steel type to tank Dragon moves, the EV's are enough to outspeed scarfed Kyurem-Black who can be an issue to this team and the rest in HP for some added bulk.

DopeLass (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Dopechomp (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Dopekion (Terrakion) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Dope-Wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SDef / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Dopeios (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Dopechi (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

ps: Don't ask about the nicknames. It's a joke from IRC while I was making and testing this team.

Scotti

we back.
?Baby Cows?
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind

Garchomp @ Haban Berry
EVs: 252 Spd / 212 HP / 44 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 160 SDef / 252 HP / 96 Spd
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 HP / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Whats up peoples so here is the team i came up with for Round 7. The name of the team pretty much means nothing, i was just thinking about cows when i was making the team, so anyway... The point of this team was to setup hazards with Frosslass and Garchomp and sweep with virizion. Rotom-W, Scizor, and Alakazam were there to revenge kill threats and stuff. Well i usually lead with Froslass and start spamming hazards and stuff. If they have hazard leads i just use Taunt and proceed to start spamming hazards. However you can see that my froslass does not have destiny bond. Why don't i have it because i want to keep my froslass alive so my opponent will have a hard time spinning hazards away, and it seems to be working pretty good. Garchomp is my stealth rock setter and he just attacks after that. It really doesn't do anything besides set up Stealth Rock, however, thanks to Haban Berry and the EV spread, it allows me to live a Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor after Stealth Rock and finish it off with Dual Chop. It works out pretty well since it also allows me to defeat other dragons as well. I run a simple focus sash alakazam because it does a great job at revenge killing and it just a great way to avoid getting swepted by something like Salamence or what so ever. Rotom-W ev spread allows it to outspeed Timid max speed starmie and hit it with Volt Switch. That also allows me to outspeed other base 115's and lower thanks to scarf. Also you can see i run alot of SpDef and Will-O-Wisp since its a Sp Def set with scarf, so i can use trick to cripple other walls and become a wall or offensive pivot which ever works for you. Scizor is my next revenge killer and it forms a good Volt-Turn core with Rotom-W allowing me to keep pressure on my opponent. Finally Virizion is one of the main pokemon on this team because it is the Sweeper. I run a Swords Dance set with a hasty nature thanks to HP Ice which lets me get pass walls such as Lando-T or Gliscor, or just any dragon type that resist grass and fighting. It actually got me alot of sweeps and is a very underrated pokemon. I hope you liked the team =)​

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Importable:
HTML:
crypto (Froslass) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes

the unlucky one (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

briyella (Meloetta) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

qtrX (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rain Dance

ben gay (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

a (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
I actually made this team before the OUTC was announced when I heard Froslass was being suspected in UU and wanted to see how it fared in the OU environment. Obviously other team builders had similar ideas that I did and this started out as me wanting to build a team with an offensive hazard control core. The idea was that 'lass would lay down her Spikes and Chomp would set up rocks while still both having impressive speeds to work off. Rocky Helmet Chomp was chosen because I wanted an extra way to spin-block without actually adding another Ghost type. This is the same set that I used in Clock Town, albeit with a different item. Fire Blast is used to lure in & roast Pokemon like Forretress and Skarmory who hate Fire Blast. Icy Wind is used on Froslass as a way of denting speed before it dies but the majority of the time I just try to get as many layers of Spikes and then suicide with Destiny Bond.

After this I added Meloetta as the win condition. The idea was that Meloetta could abuse the Relic Song Mixed Set in tandem with the myriad of entry hazards to clean up in the late-game after damage has been dished out. I've grown a great liking towards Meloetta after using this team as the counters for each form differ, causing great frustration towards opponents. An Expert Belt is used as I dislike the residual damage on my win condition and she has great coverage moves in Thunderbolt, Close Combat & Hidden Power Ice. Meloetta's cry is also just plain awesome.

My first half of the team was finished and I tried many different Pokemon like Scarf Scizor or Tran in Jirachi's slot. However, Jirachi's speed and great movepool led me to choose it over others. Initially I ran a standard 252 Atk / 252+ Spd EV spread but I changed to the one used by Ojama in GGolbat! This spread is much better at what Jirachi needs to do and the extra firepower from an Adamant nature can be extremely useful. Iron Head is a spectacular move with its 60% flinch rate and perfect for ScarfRachi. Ice Punch is used to revenge Dragons like Chomp & Dnite while Healing Wish is a very useful move which can give Meloetta a second chance to clean up. Jirachi's Steel-typing is an asset to the team.

Keldeo and Starmie make up an excellent offensive duo, both denting opposing teams. Analytic Life Orb Starmie punches holes in so many things and the few that it doesn't (think Ferrothorn & Celebi) are destroyed by this useful Rain Dance Keldeo set. RD Keldeo is a great way of stopping Hail, Sand and most importantly Sun after the opponent has sacrificed their weather inducer. Rain Dance also helps make Hydro Pump pack a huge punch without having to rely on the useless Politoed. I use a Life Orb just because I hate to be Choice Locked on offensive teams and so that Hidden Power Bug dismantles Celebi after entry hazard damage. Few things can bear to take repeated assaults from both Keldeo and Starmie as they hurt each other's targets. BoltBeam gives great coverage for Starmie and Hidden Power Bug was required so that Specially Defensive Celebi wouldn't wall me to hell and back.

Last edited:
yeah stall
Garchomp @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 232 SDef / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Toxic

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Protect

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn

This team takes advantage of the most beneficial thing to any team type: residual damage.
Garchomp has a nice gem of a move that most dragons have: Dragon Tail. But why would you ever use Garchomp over Cube or Nite, who have recovery moves? Offensive presence and speed, that's why. Garchomp can actually afford to run other coverage moves.
So as stated, Garchomp is my phazer and master of residual damage causer. Froslass is usually a lead, spamming spikes and paralysis until it's time to use Destiny Bond and take out whatever it wants to. Jellicent is the actual spinblocker as opposed to Froslass who will be dying almost immediately, and used to keep Keldeo in check and is generally a special wall. Hippowdown is used to start Sandstorm, adding more residual damage and is also the SR setter and general physical wall. Forretress is for more utility, spinning hazards if Froslass is still a factor for some reason and increases the longevity of the team. Also the TSpikes setter. Jirachi rounds off the team as the scarfer, covering some of the bigger threats to the team such as Tyranitar.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It seems like we're short of entries so...

Hit &... Don't Run !

Bonnie (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Icy Wind

Clyde (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 96 Spd / 252 SAtk / 144 HP / 16 SDef
Modest Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 196 Spd / 56 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

Scizor (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 212 Spd / 252 Atk / 40 HP / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

So, basically, I started with Frosslass and Chomper (duh). The way Scizor could threaten them was kinda annoying, so I wanted a water type (to cover the ice weakness aswell). Keldeo couldnt fit in here better, he just LOVES spike support to wear down his classic checks and counters. Now, I wanted to play Specially based Garchomp because that's just fucking neat and it helps so much when the game is fast paced. Modest Chomper totally crushes shit like Lando-T, on top of that he can be some kind of a "status absorber" since he's immune to Twave and doesn't mind WoW/Toxic too much. I could have opted for LO, but Rocky Helmet was definitely tempting to help against Jirachi.
Now that I can weaken Jirachi and lure Landorus-T (and classic physical walls) I just NEEDED Terrakion. When you pair Terrak+Spikes, the only thing coming close to a counter is Landorus-T and since he's handled by Chomper... I added Latios who will love to see Jirachi weakened, I also needed the resistances the blue dragon can bring. When you know that Latios attracts Ttar so well, it gives me a lot of tempo since my sweepers really love to sit their asses down in front of Ttar.
Oh and the last boy added was Scizor, AcroZor to do the work for Keldeo and because it's also cool to have a Steel and a priority to clean up once entry hazards did their job.​

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Hello, once again : thank everyone for the participation. This round, the amount of people taking part into the thread was a bit lacklusting, but the teams are all interesting, so whatever. I guess the frozen lady left many of you cold. Let's see next time !
This thread requires a good amount of time since you have to build a whole team, so good job !

Now it's time to reward your efforts !
Here are the teams, vote for the one you find the best, the most viable, the most creative, the most ... Whatever suits you !
Don't forget that some users enjoy a x2 vote !

BouDOUCHE (2)
SnowCristal! (6)
Hot&Cold (5)
Subject18 (1)

Scotti (2)
ShellShocker (3)
Homeslice (1)
NoobHostReymedy (9)

Votes are closed in 5 days !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)