Rain Man (Politoed) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Well seeing the original core I instantly saw VoltTurn with Rotom-W and Hydreigon and rolled with it. After originally going with a Sand team with Reuniclus as my Late Game sweeper and playing a few battles I just didnt like the team. Then I started from scratch and MikeDec gave me the idea to use try a rain offense team. I took the advice and it worked my better for me. Jirachi is sort of an odd set but I need some to take Dragon moves like Latios' Draco Meteors. The EVs allows me to outpace +1 Dragonite and anything up to ScarfToed and Healing Wish lets me bring back a crippled teammates healthy in those crucial moments. Garchomp is my SR settlers since I every VoltTurn team needs at least SR to really be dangerous and it was the only one that wasn't weak to Electric moves since Toed, Rotom-W and Tornadus dont like taking Thunders at all. Tornadus ended being my late game cleaner once most steel types were weakened enough Tailwind also opens the door for me to pass that to Chomp or even Hydreigon to deal huge damage to opposing teams.

Last edited:

I wanted to build an offensive team where hydra is used as a breaker to facilitate a sweep. Lucario is THE late game sweeper and can clean up incredibly well once the opposing team is weakened. At first I thought about making a SkarmGar team, but that would be boring so I decided to use froslass. Froslass gets up spikes very well and serves this team perfectly. Froslass also has several advantages over skarmory. Speed is the most obvious one, and it is able to spinblock while setting up hazards. The lack of SR hurts froslass, but I have another team member to take care of that for me. This isn't really a problem because I pretty much gain a teamslot by not having to use gengar. Other than froslass this team is very standard. The main point of this team is to stack hazards, voltturn and keep offensive preassure to rack up hazards damage and whenever you get the chance bring in hydra and f**k things up. When the timing is right bring in lucario, SD up (or don't, it is still powerful) and sweep.

One concern for this team is that hazards can be spun away midgame when froslass is dead. This is true, and it is problematic, and that is why I gave SR to landorus-t, so I can set SR up again after they have been spun away (SR is the most important hazard for lucario). This somewhat helps mitigate that problem but it is still annoying.

This team has a volt-turn core consisting of 3 pokemon: scarf jirachi, defensive landorus-t and specially defensive rotom-w. This makes bringing in lucario and hydreigon quite easy. Hydra serves as this team's breaker and these is no surprise that it absolutely wrecks anything it outspeeds. All in all, this team is pretty fun to use.

Importable:
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 176 Def / 244 HP / 88 Spd
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Beam

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Last edited:

Shafofficiel

allez tout le monde en balèze (baleze baleze)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

~H2O~

Ok , Hey everybody , I post this team because i love this core (Rotom-Hydreigon).

When i saw Hydreigon I immediately thought about my favorite core: Hydreigon-Jirachi-Conkeldurr.Why?
+
+
.This Core is really very effective .With Jirachi the Hydreigon's and Conk's Sweep is easier .Like you will have him(it) guess the set of jirachi is the JIRAHAXX, I know that it is not fair-play but personally I just use himto paralyze, Wish and U-turn .With that, Conkeldurr and Hydreigon Can Sweep easily.(Flame Orb on Conk For Breloom)

+
.Always in the optics of make easier the sweep of Conk and Hydreigon I have decide to play Rotom with Thunder Wave / WoW. Why? As Hydreigon and Conk are slow, I can gain speed With Thunder Wave, or then make easier the Set up of Conk I can WoW. With this I put Landorus-T who can take advantage of the reduction in attack with WoW and to put his SR.

A Sand Without a Sand inducer is impossible , so i decide to put Ttar Scarf .Why ? I have for a long time to hesitate to Bander but the scarf is better especially as I had no scarf in my team. He can surprise Ti@s, celebi, lucario, kazam, etc., he complete well the team .

+ Sorry for my english , i'm french ^^

so the importable :

Tyranitar@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers/Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello, once again : thank everyone for the participation. This round, the amount of people taking part into the thread was simply outstanding and many teams were really well built. Considering how difficult it is to build around Hydreigon, that's pretty insane. I hope it will keep up, I guess the duty is on my shoulders : providing you with challenging cores... because you guys aren't scared of dealing with the black sheep of OU.
This thread requires a good amount of time since you have to build a whole team, so good job !

Now it's time to reward your efforts !
Here are the teams, vote for the one you find the best, the most viable, the most creative, the most ... Whatever suits you !
This round will be really intense, so voters, I'm counting on you to cast a well thought vote.
Don't forget that some users enjoy a x2 vote !

Votes are closed in 3 days !

Homeslice
Matt Tuck (1)
SnowCristal! (3)
Cero (1)
PDC
Jimbon (1)
ZodiacTheKid
Dice (17)
Scotti
Subject 18 (8)
LazyBeef (2)
Shadonia

As a bonus, a beginner used one of those teams for a french tournament, and surprisingly enough he won ! (his opponent sucks though LOL). I'm not linking that to influence the votes, considering that the team was revamped a bit. Be proud that he chose you nonetheless !
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/frenchtime-ou-3688

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dice

Hydreigon + Lucario + Gothitelle is such an amazing core. They all work really well together to facilitate a Lucario sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)