OUTC Round #9 [ENTRIES OPEN] .post332

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
LOL SILLY ME.

I wanted to say "I'll end the round tommorow" but I brain farted.
w/e boyz, keep voting (was waiting sub18 team though :eek: )

Will edit the past post then + the thread title.

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In the end, this round has been won by someone having sex with blobs... Halycon wins !
The value of his vote will be doubled, and his team enters the hall of fame, congratulation to him !

Thanks to all the voters, you were NOT a lot to participate in this round, the attention you give to the teams is a reward in itself !

I hereby announce the Ninth round of the OUTC with NOT a new unic core to toy with :

Wait... WHAT?

Here are your orders, read them carefully because if your proposition doesn't meet the requirements it won't be considered as a valid entry, you have been granted 7 days to fulfil this mission :
SPREAD YOUR WINGS

HAS TO BE IN YOUR TEAM

- your team must contain two pokemons having a stats-boosting move in their moveset

- there can be ONLY ONE Dragon move in this team

- you can't have two pokemons sharing a same type (refer to the explanation in the comments below, for instance, you can't use Jirachi AND Celebi because they both share the Psy type)

- you need to have a pokemon using a "mono-attacking" moveset
(for instance : the Substitute + Bulk Up Braviary set http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/braviary)

I give you the power, one of the mightiest Dragon.
But you must know that with great power, comes great responsibility (I mean, you watched Spiderman didn't you ?).
The OU metagame is a fallow land and you have the duty to put a stop to this tragedy. With this power in your hand, you shall meet no pitfalls in your way. That is why I created extra rules.
I regulated your team building, and it's your turn to regulate something with this team : the OU.

Be equal to the task, or the voters will be merciless.

(and you have to name Dragonite : Warren G for fuck sake)

^Sample of the great song : I Keep Forgettin de Michael McDonald

Edit : Don't be afraid to post your opinion on the core, the opportunities you can identify, the particularities, the way it needs to be played to be viable etc..

Last edited:

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Incoming swarm of Bulky DD Roost Dnites! Also, by "you can't have two pokemons of the same typing", do you mean exactly the same typing like Quagsire and Swampert or sharing one typing like Gardevoir and Starmie? For example, could I have a team with Gardevoir / Starmie / Mudkip or can they not share both of their types with two Pokemon?

Actually, I don't think you can have both DD and Outrage/dclaw/drush, as they are all dragon type moves, including Dragon Dance.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Incoming swarm of Bulky DD Roost Dnites! Also, by "you can't have two pokemons of the same typing", do you mean exactly the same typing like Quagsire and Swampert or sharing one typing like Gardevoir and Starmie? For example, could I have a team with Gardevoir / Starmie / Mudkip or can they not share both of their types with two Pokemon?
As Yutt said you can't actually use this set.
And I mean Gardevoir and Starmie in your example (you can't have, say, Terrakion and Tyranitar), I'll make it clearer, thanks.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the clarification Remedy. I forgot about Dragon Dance counting as a Dragon move in my example, whoops. Anyway, I plan on making a team for this. Should be fun :)

Man the teambuilding is really restrictive for this, will make it hard with the inability to check most things.

Code:
Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SDef
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 16 Spd / 240 SDef / 252 HP
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Really wasn't much that could be done this round in terms of making a viable team, so I went with semi bog standard OU based around boring EB Keldeo. Just used Dragonite to help wallbreak stall and soften up stuff for scizor/keldeo. Ttar is there just to get Lati@s out of the way, and in tandem with Hippo keeps other weather at bay. Nasty Pass Celebi to Keldeo, with Acro scizor for Jellicent. Hippo really is just there for rocks and to be the Terrakion/Dragon counter.

If dragonite wasn't required this could be quite fun, but it takes up 2 important types, meaning you can't use any other dragon, or flying types such as lando-t.

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Sry for the info... but "Mono Attacking move" is also a pokemon that have a unique move to attack? For example Uxie, Psychic, Stealth Rock, Magic Coat and Yawn? And Ditto?

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Yea SnowCristal, they both work.

And nysyr, I get it that it's hard, but that's pretty much the point. It's not harder, in terms of "building a viable team", than building with Hydreigon in my opinion. On top of that, you can make a non really viable team with a lot of creativeness inside, the voters will choose the criteria (even though, its more likely that they rely on viability).

Snou

Black Carnage
When your Nightmare became real...

Hi guysss =) I'm here with this new Building Contest of Smogon. This time the contest is different than the others. When first we should build on a simple core, now we must build on a single Pokèmon with a lots of restrictions. It is strange but not impossible or hard. First of all, Dragonite: one of the most common dragon in OU tier for his powerful Trait multiscale. I've choiced BandDnite for my team, because it's particularly broken in the current metagame. Dragonite need a support of almost Stealth Rock to sweep. For this reason i've inserted a Lead-Antilead: Mew. With this set mew outspeed Jollyloom, Custap Mory and the classic BulkyLandorus-T with SR and kill them with Ice Beam, or taunt Skarmory to prevent the setting of Hazardz. He also set the SR and turn on the possible spinner's switchin. Afterwards i decide to insert an antispinner and a very great helping hand for the rain teams: Jellicent. Jellicent with the Trick Room set is so broken and could destroy wholes teams with his dangerous coverage. The successive phase is the inserting of a solid core: Terrakion and Scizor. This core help me vs Mamoswine, Tyranitar, Abomasnow, the same Terrakion and others. They are the two boosters of the team. Terrakion is SubSalacBerry while Scizor is SwordDancer. The icing on the cake is Ditto, an eternal revengekiller to destroy Dragonz or boosters! Now the ETT of the Team!

E T T Black Carnage
Nightmare (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk

Kind Death (Mew) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 192 HP / 204 Def / 112 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Dread (Jellicent) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Dismay (Terrakion) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Carnage (Scizor) (F) @ Metal Coat
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Illusion (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
Hardy Nature
- Transform

- I hope you liked this team =))

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Nice team SnowCristal, and it seems like you didn't have to use anything really subpar (you could even have went Gengar over Jellicent since it doesn't break any rule, but I respect the TR Jellicent try aswell).

And to develop my point nysyr.
It's really the point to make it hard, when I check your team : it seems like you didn't go for anything really creative. It looks like you did a "classic" Hippo sand offense with Keldeo. Yea Nite doesn't fit that well in here, but with all due respect, I don't feel like you tried to "adapt" too much to the rules. Even if, in the end, you meet the requirements. The rules are meant to force you into building something creative and out of the classic building patterns, don't blame them if you can't just toss a tried and tested team in this round, because that's the pretty much the point.
From the top of my head (and when I was looking for rules) I imagined more than 3 "good&viable&competitive&known" cores on which you could build the team. And given how deep the game is, you probably have several dozen of possibilities.
Finally, your team doesn't look that "awful", but in my opinion, you didn't try to come out with something creative (so the project loses a lot of its fun).

Snou

Thx Remedy =) jellicent is a answer vs rain teams... but Gengar is also great. Anyway... ony 2 Entries... OMG D:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
I'll be closing this thread in 3 days, unless I see a couple of teams getting posted, in which case I'll post one myself and start the voting.

The SubDD sets don't work with these restrictions because a Dragon STAB is almost absolutely necessary on Dragonite, as was said earlier. The options are to use another boosting move, the CB Set, or the rain abuse set (Hurricane/Thunder/Waterfall/Roost). Finally, Dragonite can learn Heal Bell and has a good special defense, but sadly I hardly use it because Heal Bell + Multiscale is illegal.

Also, SnowCristal!, you do not have a mono-attacker set.

I tried a mono-attacker Terrakion, but I realized that requirement was better suited on another teammate.

It's not an attacking move, though. So it doesn't count, right? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what "mono-attacker" means...

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Closing this, I'm sorry for everyone who tried to participate this last fail round.

Standing ovation for all the players of this thread, it was cool to host and I might try again in the future.

While the thread is still open, I might as well post my import in case anybody wants to look at it anyways:

And yes I AM using Claydol.

Dragonite (M) @ Dragon Gem
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Volcarona (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Roost
- Bug Buzz

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Psychic

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)