np: BW OU Suspect Testing Round 12 - Always (I Wanna Be With You) [SEE POST #263]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The post above
Keldeo definitely cant just spam hydro pump and wjn against spdbi. If you let bi go too low imo that's a misplay on your part.

Alright, I know I'm relatively new here but I wanted to add my piece.

I really don't think Keldeo is all that broken; yes it can plow through teams in rain as well as some of its most common checks, but if you're packing enough bulky water types, it really just falls apart unless you're running HP electric, at which point your susceptible to Celebi. Without a scarf, Jolteon outspeeds it and in rain can Thunder it to death.

Me and a friend of mine were curious and decided to test it out against my own rain team.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-50372328

In an other team it might do better, but in a rain mirror match, not so much.

".Landorus-T? Gravity set, maybe, but that still has counters AND needs to set up."
"252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Celebi in rain: 160-189 (39.6 - 46.78%) -- 94.14% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes

Substitute 'any 12% damage' for 'spikes' and get SR down (or just get spikes too) and SpDlebi can't take two. So...yes. Yes, it can."

From my personal experience the metagame has adopted just fine to keldeo. I use keldeo in many of my teams and frankly, unlike what many people are saying i actually have to think. This talk of mindlessly pressing hydro pump with specs and just claiming simple victory is definitely not so. Yes i must admit wholeheartedly that specs pump with rain stab does produce high damage out put, but being locked into 1 obvious move isn't always the best scenario. Besides after the first pump the surprise factor is gone, and can just get cornered by faster more versatile threats, like starmie. I can see where a balanced team might get some challenge from a specs keldeo, but a dedicated stall team will almost always have an answer, be it jellicent or gastrodon or whatever. A hyper offensive team will more likely have something that can keep specs keldeo in line, i mean something kazam or latios can just outspeed and ohko. Ebelt keldeo is different but still gets checked by the already mentioned threats. Yes it has the ability to change attacks and what not, but it still cant pass a full stall without much needed help from the rest of the team.

Id like to mention though.. that having to rely on hydro pump is heart breaking at best, and requires some luck to nab kills, so even for all that extra power you could just have easily wasted a turn(it misses for me alot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)